Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Between the Devil ( the red one) and the deep blue sea

Options

Comments

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    Options

Elisimo.. also if you have a facebook account, you can post pics there and simply copy and paste them into this reply box.

I just went thru my private message and found many from Marybe.. just offering advice and encouragement.  What a lovely woman.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Made my donation in Marybe name.

sooo sad

• jeanieb2
    jeanieb2 Member Posts: 130
    Options

Words can not explain how much it hurts to not have Marybe as my inspiration and hope.  I always looked for her messages because they were always so uplifting.  Knowing that Marybe is no longer suffering does help in some ways.  My days may be a little darker, but my nights have gotten brighter with her bright shining star to guide my way and wish upon, rest in peace Marybe.  You were truly an inspiration to so many of us.

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    Options

I have also donated to BCO in memory of Marybe. May she rest in peace. What a warrior she was!

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    Options

A friend asked me to post this on BCO.

SOMTHING I WANT TO PASS ON....PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ON BCO IF FOLKS ARE GRIEVING: THIS IS AN OLD 'MOUNTAIN PIECE' OF FOLKLORE FROM THE SOUTH- IT COMES DOWN THRU MANY SCOTTISH FAMILIES (TRAIL OF TEARS DAYS): I HAVE REVISED MOST OF IT AS MUCH WAS MISSING FROM MY FAMILY LORE. THE WORD 'KIN' IS A 'SPECIAL KNOWING AND UNDERSTANDING' OF A PERSON THAT NOONE ELSE SHARES.

"WILL YE WALK AWAYS WITH ME.... NOT FAR,
    A YEAR OR TWO AT THE ENDING OF YOUR TIME.
    WE'LL NOT TALK. NOR TELL OF THE BITTER YEARS.
    MAYBE LAUGH, OCCASIONAL; OR FIND SOME CAUSE FOR TEARS;
    OR SOMETHING LOST, WE BOTH MIGHT FIND.

WILL YE SIT A SPELL WITH ME, NOT LONG:
    A MINUTE, MEASURED BY YOUR LENGTH ON EARTH.
    WE'LL PASS A LOOK OR TWO; AND WE BOTH WILL KNOW
    AND UNDERSTAND THE FEELING; SO WHEN WE GO
    WE'LL TAKE COMFORT THAT WE KIN THE OTHER'S WORTH.

WILL YE LINGER AT OUR LEAVING..JUST FOR ME.
    LINGERING REASSURES AND COMFORTS US WHO PART.
    MEMORIES OF IT HELP TO SLOW THE QUICKENING TEARS
    WITH THE RECALLING OF YOU, IN THE LATER YEARS;
    AND SOFTEN, SOME, THE HAUNTING OF THE HEART."

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,035
    Options

Beautiful, thank you Gingerbrew.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options
    iMarybeChicago2011they're all together now....
  • QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Thanks, 3jays.  I believe that too.

Kathy

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

that is sucha beautiful picture of Marybe and 3jays I too believe they are all together

• 3jaysmom
    Options

Lago gave me the pic from the time Marybe met everyone for lunch in chicago, and the pets where way back in the pet thread...

someone suggested we do a "shower" of oix for marybe on her memorial thread.. anyone know what happenned to that? i have a couple im working on now, but im learning the edit tools on photobucket, so its taking awhile.. ginger helped me by stretching this one, you can see the pets better........

Missing her    terrribly, but time will pass, and it'll lighten up.. someone wanted us to stop having a "pity party" for her two days ago, but sorry, it aint happenning in 4 days for me (then).. even the Jews sit shiva for a week( I think its a week) i've sat, and in a way, i'm sitting now..

my hubs is Jewish, i'll have to ask him how long it is....3jays 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Options

I still grieve over Marybe ... there is no "short" or "long"time for thsi ... it's what feels right for me, and then waht feels right for you, and then what feels right for Tim and then what feels right for barbara and then .... you get it.

I come back to this thread over and over since last weekend. I need to, for the consolation I get. I want to, in case I can give consolation. I need to ... because I want to see all of my buds smoehow. If not in face, then in type. I just .... need to. 

• Linda1966
    Linda1966 Member Posts: 441
    Options

The pictures of Marybe and her pets reminded me of a posting in the aussie girls thread which Id like to share with you. I find a lot of comfort in it.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown

Id like to think Marybe met up with her beloved pets and has crossed Rainbow Bridge with them.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Marybe's husband sent me this: 

Hi Barbara, 

We finally got it all together.  We will be having a party for Marybe at the Holy Redeemer
    Activity Center, 1325 Gallia Street, Portsmouth, Ohio, on Sunday, 16 September
    from 2:00pm - 5:00pm.  Food and drinks will be provided.  This is
    what Marybe wanted.

Marybe did not want flowers at her remembrance.  In lieu of flowers, I'm sure that she
    would love to see folks donate to Breastcancer.org or their local animal shelter. 
    She loved all living things, I attest to that. 

Marybe's dad is going to speak at his church about Marybe's passing.  There will not be a memorial
    service per se.

Please post this information on the breastcancer. org site.  Marybe would appreciate
    that.  Anyone that wants to come to the party is more than
    welcome.  I certainly understand that geography and travel distance will
    not allow many to attend that otherwise would have wanted to be there.  I
    am sure your thoughts will be with us at that time. 

I want to thank you and all of the women on the breastcancer.org discussion board for the
    tremendous outpouring of love, empathy, sympathy, and caring for Marybe.  She
    loved each and every one of you more than I can express. 

Tim 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Thanks Barb. Sure wish I could be there.

• barbaraa
    Options

Here are some pix from Marybe's visit with me in July. in one she is drinking a margarita, which we thirstily slurped down after visiting the Chihuly Museum. The next one is of Marybe and my friend Melanie. We had brunch together. And the last is a pic of the gorgeous shell napkin rings she brought to me as a gift.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942
    Options

Barbara~thanks for the cool pics. She looked great. So much loss for everyone who knew & loved her, and for those of us who found so much encouragement from her.

I used to live in Land O Lakes Florida about 30 miles north of Tampa. We moved back to Ohio in 1994 because work was so scarce in Florida. My heart was always here anyway, because all my family & friends were here.

Blessings

Paula

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Thanks for posting more photos Barb. None of us will forget Marybe. It will take a bit of time to get over the loss. I'm so glad there is going to be a party.

3jays your husband may start coving the mirrors in your house too. You may not want to find out too much about sitting shiva. It is a week for 1st degree relatives. There is also food involved as in all Jewish events (even after the fast of Yom Kipper)… that's the real reason why Jews like to be Jews. They like to eat! (Looks like my humor is coming back)

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,065
    Options

Thanks for sharing those pictures, Barbara!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,838
    Options

Sitting shiva, like any religious custom or practice, also depends on how orthodox or liberal a family is. Some sit for less than a week. Formal shiva calls and calling hours are sometimes announced at the funeral. First degree relatives often wear black buttons with a small black ribbon, that has been cut, as a mourning symbol. They also burn a candle ( in a large glas holder, that lasts for 7 days. And Lago is right about the food. I flew to the east coast to be with my parents about 5 days after my sister's funeral. They still had plenty of food, more than enough, for several more days. I ate lots of rugelach.

I view shiva as a state of mind and a time to reflect on losing a loved one. Marybe certainly was loved.

Caryn

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Thanks Barb for keeping us in the loop with Marybe.

She will never be forgotten by me and Im sure many sistas as well.

Im still in the state of shock.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

Prayers of peace and comfort go out to Tim and all of Marybe's family...

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

I didn't mean to upset anyone with my post a few days ago about mourning Marybe.  What I meant was that I know Marybe wouldn't want us to be sad for long, but that she would want us to extend her love & zest for life to others.  But certainly, I didn't think 2 days was enough time to get over it...I'm still not over it. Between my mom on June 18th, Reesie recently & now Marybe..I feel paralyzed most of the time.  But when I am able to do so, I intend to invest in life & happiness fuller & richer if at all possible, to honor those who have been such an inspiration to me. 

• barbaraa
    Options

I agree that Marybe would want us to continue on, helping those who need our guidance. It is just so hard because she was my rock. I had drifted away from BCO but I am really going to try to make a difference.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    Options

Barbara~you HAVE made a difference. 

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    Options

Thanks for coming back BarbA You were missed.    

I shed tears at the Rainbow Bridge story, I have heard it before but I hope with all of my heart that it is there and my friends are waiting for me. I gave them all very good lives but I still miss them very much. I am sure Marybe felt the same way.

I have made a contribution to BCO in Marybe Honor and I will also make one to the Fluffy Butts Rescue Resort near Iowa City Iowa where one of my dogs was from. If you are from Iowa or even Chicago like I was you should get to know them. Thay are good people and their main rescue is Yorkies like Marybe's Sydney. Every summer they have a Yorkie Stock Celebration.  

I am still having sad feelings and am trying to just let them come instead of stuffing them. Trying but not perfectly succeeding, my chest feels hard and tight and I suppose if I would cry I would feel better. I don't know how men do it but not crying does not feel good. My right eye sheds tears.

Marybe we all miss you, we all remember you, your light continues to shine.   I do hope those who can go to the party will bring candles to shine a light in remembrance of Marybe.  

Hugs Ginger  

• barbaraa
    Options

I agree that Marybe would want us to continue on, helping those who need our guidance. It is just so hard because she was my rock. I had drifted away from BCO but I am really going to try to make a difference.

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    RainbowBridgepoem.gif
  • 3jaysmom
    Options

ginger had me crying with talking about thius poem.. thats why i put them all together, as they are now..

thanks for the pics, Barb.. we WERE suppossed to get them together, and we'll have a party for her, here, too.. she'll be happy for that.

now, we just have to hang together, and be strong..together..

BTW.. the mirrors are covered, candle lit, and i bought a few things we do eat at Yom Kippur, cause we were 1st generation, as she told me many times...3jays

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

My heart is shattered at this news. I haven't had any computer access since last week but one of the first things I did today was look for this thread. I will miss Marybe so very much, as will all of you.

My deepest condolences to Tim, to Marybe's father, and to all who loved her. May G-d send comfort.

Leah

• 3jaysmom
    Options

leah, its so hard to thik about it, yet, somehow collecting pics and posting them here, is my way .. i want to do that shower that someone mentioned in the beg.. and if its just me, so be it..

how are you bearing up, with the surgery, and all?3jays