Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Between the Devil ( the red one) and the deep blue sea

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• sherry67
    sherry67 Member Posts: 370
    Options

Eli,

Lucky yours was in a bag when I had it they pushed it 20 min iv with a surringe not a bag...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 126
    Options

Hi,

I m new to AC + T and am on day 3. I am queasy and have constipation despite prunes, healthy diet and small amount of mirolax.  I could use some counsel.   I have gained 6 to 8 pounds (on a very alrge frame) over the last 2.5 days due to the chemo.

V

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

HVV This thread isn't the most active. You might check some others. I wasn't on AC but was on Taxotere/Carboplatin. I had terrible constipation until I figured out what worked. I initially tried dried apricots and Milk of Magnesia but no go. I was already doing nuetraflora (probiotic). Finally tried Metamucil as directed on the package. It worked for me. Granted things still moved slower but things moved! After that I started taking it the night of chemo until I moved normally. This might or might not work for you but you have to take it 3x a day and drink a lot of fluids.

Do not over treat though or you'll have the opposite problem. If you've been constipated for a long time contact your onc. I managed to get things moving in 3 days.

I gained about 4lbs on a small frame initially. At one point gained 12 lbs. It was water retention. I found the steroids helped me but many others found the steroid bloated them. Be sure to write all these issue down and when they  happen. You must tell your onc. And don't feel you need to wait till your next chemo to let them know. They will have suggestions on how to handle these things. No need to suffer for 3 weeks. You are paying them for this service.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 126
    Options

Thanks Iago!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Oh it is hard to believe it has been a year since Marybe passed. I think of her every day. But I am happy she is at peace now and no chemo and no port. YES!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

It's been a year?  She was certainly one of my cancer highlights on my journey!  Here's to Marybe!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,993
    Options

I am eating some cookies in her honor.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

Wow can't believe it's been a year, miss her.

• barbaraa
    Options

Just thinking of my sweet friend, Marybe. You were one of the bravest and kindest people I’ve ever known. And I miss you every day.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    Options

BarbaraA, me too.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

R.I.P. sweet friend, Marybe. Remembering her today. She had an indelible personality. When I go back and read some of her past posts it is almost like she is still with us. If only.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

Posting a few days early, and this year on Sunday, Sept. 4th, it will be 10 years since Marybe has passed.

If you knew her from these discussion threads, it's no wonder because she was very relatable. She was active and lively so was always doing something to tell about. With her being a Stage IV patient for 14 years, at some point she probably had had the treatment you were having. No doubt you remember and miss her like I do.

If you didn't know her, but are curious how well liked she was in this community and why, just read thru' this thread or the many others she posted on. Still very readable and real even tho' the time has gone by.

I can't help thinking that if she had gotten more than the 62 years she was given, she would still be shining her light in the BCO community, and that many more of you would have had the opportunity to meet her.

R.I.P. Marybe.

• barbaraa
    Options

thinking of my dear friend Marybe this Christmas.

I miss you every day but remembering you brings me peace and happiness.

merry Christmas Marybe.