Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

February 2012 Chemo

Comments

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

Moonflwr, I am so, so sorry.

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983

Moonflwer

My condolences.  Poor dear. 

Had really bad news here too unfortunately.  My soon to be ex's younger brother died of a massive heart attack at home on Tuesday night.  He was 42.  Such a shock

• dltnhm
    dltnhm Member Posts: 420

Oh MLB, I am sorry for your loss also. Praying for you and your loved ones.

Diana

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

MLB, so sorry. That loss is the really hard one. Way to young to die.

• dltnhm

Having surgical revision tomorrow. My reconstruction surgeon added an oval of skin at the time of my NS SS UMX with DIEP reconstruction last January (2012). (Wow that's a mouthful).

Since my areola/nipple survived he said he'd remove that at some point. I'm 6 months 23 days post rads - so, here we go! (Might end up being two surgeries over months as we are going for quality over speed. LOL)

Surgery at 11:00 CST. The plan is for me to come home later in the day.

Keep me in your prayers!

Hugs!

Diana

• moonflwr912

Diana, I'll be up early getting an US, so I can pray in real time! LOL here's to good looking work!

• gonegirl

Diana. Prayers are with you.

• dltnhm

Oh thank you Moonflower! That means so much to me.

Can't eat after midnight so I'm nibbling a bit as the 'morrow approaches. Texted my middle son around 9:30 tonight that he wasn't here to remind me when it was close to the cut-off time so I could eat before midnight. He texted back that I should just start eating then and keep eating. LOL

Missed why you are having an ultrasound. Hope nothing abnormal or worrisome is found.

• firstcall
    firstcall Member Posts: 201

I think I'm going to have to write down a prayer list, its getting long.  mlb - thats hard to have someone so young taken like that.  moonflower - sorry for your loss too,  and Diana may you be blessed with your surgery.  Still a lot happening. 

Also -hildy - I am planning to run the Boston Marathon.  I hope I can pull it off.   This is a big goal for me.  I've run it before, but this is the one year anniversary of completing chemo.  Last year I went there, but didn't run because of the heat, and being on chemo, so I was able to defer (for the benefit of those who didn't know that).  I've been training, but after my last long run, last saturday, I had a hard time with my right foot.  Ive been resting it this week, and its feeling better.  So I'm planning to run it.

• Myleftboob

Diana

Sending good vibes your way for surgery today both for a good result and great healing.

Firstcall

What a milestone that will be, running the Boston Marathon!

I actually erred on my BIL's age, he was 41.  He did quit smoking a number of years ago and had put on quite a bit of weight.  Just figured he had settled in to married life and got a little lazy on the working out.  Mind you his father had triple bypass at age 44 and also died of a heart attack at 59.  His grandfather on the same side died as well from the same thing in his early 40's.  He hadn't been feeling well at all in recent weeks and his wife begged him to see the doctor or even get to the hospital.  Stubbornly he kept saying, if I feel the same tomorrow I'll go.  She said she got home from work, checked on him as he was sleeping, talked to him a bit.  Jumped in the shower, made some supper, went back to check on him and he was gone.  EMS was there in minutes and worked on him a bit but there was nothing to be done.

I was with her when the coroner called with his conclusions after the autopsy. At least she could take a little solace in the fact he wasn't there alone and calling for help or anything and the guilt that could come from never knowing.

I'm so glad she has her own family close by.  DH's family even though there's only Mom, my guy and a sister, they haven't come together as a family unit at all.  Tonights the visitation, tomorrow the burial. 

• Hildy910
    Hildy910 Member Posts: 227

Moonflower and MLB, I am so sorry. 

Diana, hope the surgery went smoothly! 

And Firstcall, hope your foot heals! I'm not sure if we are going to watch this year, but if we do, we'll put up a sign for you.  

• moonflwr912

MLB, SO SORRY. Glad you got some details settled.

FIRST call, Run run, run!

Diana. Hope your surgery went well, and heal fast!

The wake for DFIL is Sunday and the funeral is Monday. Out of town realtives needed time to arrive.

And Yay! Oncs

office called with results of US this morning, the lump is "unremarkable" so yay! I don't have to wait to hear. Oh, and even after a BMX, I was told that I would be able to get the tissue they were interested in it! LOL imagine trying to write that up for insurance! LOL also imagine trying to get it where they can get a good pic, um, can you say contortionist! LOL So relieved.

• gonegirl

Moonflwr. Glad things checked out OK. Enough of this shit.

• dltnhm

Thank you dear friends for your prayers and thoughts and kind words of encouragement.

Surgery started later than scheduled but I was home and snuggling on the couch by 4:00 today! Nurses were angels.

Surgeon did decide to do this in steps so he removed a portion of the skin flap today.

Tired and loopy from the pain meds! No pain. I'm all about staying ahead of it. :0)

Hugs to all of you.

Diana.

• moonflwr912

Diana, love good news! Heal fast.

And Thx for the prayers! And, Grit? AMEN.

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

Hi everyone, been reading and sending prayers to all xxx

Been doing a bit of "tough love" with my daughter with her problem. I told the hospital last week she needed to be seen by a doctor not keep seeing the nurse.

We go next week to see the nurse then week after to see the doctor.

We have sunshine but it's still very cold and windy, but that doesn't stop me sitting in my garden with my book.

Love and peace to all xx

• dltnhm

Ali.

Continuing to pray for your daughter. You are a great mum. Do not forget that!! Your advocating on her behalf, pursuing appoinemts with a doctor, and loving her through it all (tough and otherwise) show your love and devotion for her. She might not realize it now - in the midst of her anxiety and depression, but she will!

I'm thankful you are getting some quiet, recharging time in your garden. It is so important to take care of yourself.

Hugs across the 'pond' !

Diana

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

moonflower and MLB, so sorry for your losses. I hope you can find comfort in family support through this.

Diana - So glad your surgery went well, and that you are able to keep the discomfort to a minimum! That's awesome!

moonflower, what a relief that the US came out okay. *happy dance*

Ali you enjoy that time in the garden...Diana is right, you need (we all need) time to care for ourselves, too.

Firstcall good luck! I hope your foot is okay. You are incredible!

Things are going well here. Our nephew is going to be coming over in a bit for dinner. I only have just over a month left of school. I find out Wednesday if I passed my comprehensive exam. And best of all, my daffodils and hyacinths are in bloom. I love spring! We are up to 15 baby goats I think.

• gonegirl

Things are pretty crap for me and I'm basically at the end of my tether. After horrible chemo and then significant muscle pain from reconstruction, was hoping to go on vacation. I am about to get on ship for cruise with a bad case of bronchitis. I have been pretty much immobilized most of week. Have antibiotics but still very weak. Was so hoping for a break from all this health crap. Feel pretty hopeless. Guess I'll be vacationing suck. This all sucks.

• dltnhm

Susan-

I'm so sorry. Suck suck suck. Cancer really sucks.

You have been through the wringer and continue to be put through it.

I do so hope and pray that your bronchitis goes away. Do you have a prescription for an antibiotic? (probably a stupid question)

I know it's not much but I'm sending you hugs across the milea and engaging in intercessory prayer for you - for calm in this raging storm that just keeps kicking up its stuff at you; for the best stewards and personnel on that ship to spoil you rotten; that the bronchitis will depart super quick; and that you will be able to relax and laugh and enjoy your vacation.

Hugs!!!

Diana

• gonegirl

Diana. I do have antibiotics. Guess it's just going to take time. I have mucinex, nyquil, and any other med you can think of. Thanks for the hug, Diana, I need it.

• firstcall

Susan,

I hope you feel better soon.  It can wear you down, for sure.  Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon, and have you feeling better. 

• Myleftboob

Gritgirl

I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you can enjoy the cruise.

• firstcall

Alison Grace was born today....7# 8 oz  20 inches.   Grandchild #13.   Its been a good day. 

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

Firstcall, what great news and such a great name.xxx

Girtgirl, so sorry your not feeling good but i know once your on the ship, happy days!!!

I so want to go on a ship but we have spent most of the savings on living whilst DH was between networks.we should be getting money soon so maybe we can save up.

Love to everyone xx

• dltnhm

Congrats Grandpa!

Allison was our girl name with ally pregnancies :0)

Yay for healthy baby and mom!

• Myleftboob

Congratulations Firstcall!

• lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497

did n't realize that i have been MIA since a month ago!

only a minute here at work-

firstcall- thank God!!! yay and everything else positive!!!

MLB- (i think of major league baseball too!) congrats on selling and whoooo hoooo that you are getting away from that situation- everyone else- hugs and prayers and i'll stop back soon as i can to get caught up!!!!!

• Msbelle
    Msbelle Member Posts: 160

Getting deported next week. Will this be painful? They are only numbing the area with a local. I was put to sleep to have it put in. How was it for everyone else???

• firstcall

I had mine removed with a local in the office.  No problem.  They come out a lot easier than they go in.