Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

February 2012 Chemo

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

First call, praying for you and all the runners and family and friends. Be safe. Prayers for those hurt and for the helpers.

• lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497

it's hard enough to see news about something like this when we are at work and don't have great access-then add that we "know" someone involved..... i've been following adrian also- wow...so proud of what he has accomplished and if he doesn't finish we all know why...not cancer's fault!!!!

prayers for all involved....

• moonflwr912

They shut down cell phone service, so we may not hear for a while.

• FLDREAMER
    FLDREAMER Member Posts: 136

I haven't logged on for a while.   Behind in everything.   That's not important.  The minute I heard of the Boston situation I thought of Firstcall.   My thoughts and prayers are with him and anyone else on this forum who is either there or knows someone there.  Hope all are ok.   I'll log in soon to catch up, etc.  I think of all of you often.  Take care!

• firstcall
    firstcall Member Posts: 201

Just a quick note to let everyone know I am safe, and ok.  It is Chaos here in Boston, I will post a report later.  Thankyou everyone for your support, and prayers.  

• dltnhm
    dltnhm Member Posts: 420

We are so thankful you are all right. Our prayers for all continue.

Praying you have been able to reach all your loved ones!

• moonflwr912

Adrian, glad to hear from you. hope all your loved ones are safe.

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644

Good news

• FLDREAMER
    FLDREAMER Member Posts: 136

Tears of joy to know you are okay!   And tears of sadness for all those who are not!   Thanks, Adrian, for letting us know you are okay!

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

Thanks for checking in, firstcall. At work when I first heard about what happened, I immediately thought of you. So glad you are safe.

• lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497

Thank God! It's absolutely amazing to be so worried about someone whom i have never met yet feel so close to.....

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983

Thanks for checking in Firstcall!  So happy you're safe!

• Gayle56
    Gayle56 Member Posts: 111

I am so happy to hear you are safe.  I haven't been on the board much but thought of you right away when I heard what had happened.

Gayle

• Msbelle
    Msbelle Member Posts: 160

I can't imagine the chaos Firstcall. Thankful you are safe!

• ali68

Have asked my Onco to call me and tell me what other drugs i can take.

• Hildy910
    Hildy910 Member Posts: 227

Very glad to hear you are safe, Firstcall. If you or any other runners you know need a place to stay, we have a spare room. Happy to come get people in town. 

Our daughter was a an art camp in downtown Boston--they'd gone on a field trip to Cambridge and got stuck when the trains shut down. Had to walk back, past the site. She says ambulances were lined up 20-deep waiting to transport the injured. I am so grateful she is safe, and so sad she saw that scene. 

• moonflwr912

(((Hildy)))) I am glad she is safe. And you do Boston proud with Your offer.

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

hildy, glad your daughter is ok too.

• Myleftboob

HildyLaughing

• Hildy910

How are you, gritgirl? did your bronchitis clear enough to enjoy the vacation?

Here's the thing about the Boston Marathon--its one of my favorite days of the year, a unique event that ties into Boston's history, its quirky residents, and its pride. The race is one of the most joyful and innocent sporting events you will ever run across--it's not about the elite racers, its about the middle of the pack, and all the spectators cheering them on. It knits the community together.  The Sox always play at 11:30 and fans get out of the game in time to walk over to the marathon course. There are Patriot's Day reenactments going on from Lexington all the way into Boston. I hate that that joy is now shadowed.

As a family, we've been doing a lot of talking, as my daughter was pretty freaked. We are trying to honor the helpers--many first responders who ran towards the explosions, or the runners who finished the marathon and continued to Mass General to give blood.  People stepped up. It just stinks that they had to.

• gonegirl

Hildy, that just stinks. Sheesh.  Glad all are safe.

My bronchitis continued in the cruise and I was heartbroken that my much needed vacation was going to and from the dining room and sleeping.  This has been a horrible year and I needed a break.  I've been referring to it as my cheap hospital stay.

Now that I am back home, I am doing better.  I joke that here I don't expect to feel good, so with these low expectations, it works out. :-)

Life is not fair, that is for sure.  Just the way it goes.  Appreciate your asking.

• dltnhm

Hildy - so glad your daughter was all right. So much for her to take in and process. So much for us as adults - so hate this for our innocent children.

Grit - I'm so sorry that you were still sick on your cruise. Dagnabbit - you have got to get a break. Sending hugs across the miles.

• dltnhm

Just a lighter note - our oldest is graduating in May from CCU in Colorado.

He's taking in a doubleheader at Coors field and MLB.com picked him up ....

I'm not any good with posting links (was able to get it on my fb). If you put something like this in a search engine:

Rockies fan takes in game with snowman pal! MLB.COM

The link to the video comes up!

The Rockies made him fan of the game and gave him all kinds of goodies - blanket, hat, etc. and 4 tickets to any game. Then they came back again and gave him 2 more tickets.

It's a bit of fun to share. And if you look you'll see my oldest Drew :0)

• moonflwr912

It's cute. I simply typed rockies fan snowman and it came up. Saved a lot of typing. LOL

• ali68

Gritgirl, so sorry about the holiday. If you ever want to come to england and stay with us for a holiday you only need to pay for flights. Xx

• gonegirl

Ali. That is a very sweet offer. Thank you. Hope things are getting better with the daughter.

• Myleftboob

dltnhm

That was too cut.  You're son is famous now LOL!

Gritgirl

I didn't realize you had gone already but glad you're on the mend now.  Crap to being sick the whole time

Today's my big move!!!

• gonegirl

MLB, move away! As in enjoy. :-)

• Hildy910

That was awesome of your son to bring a snowy friend, dltnhm! 

Less awesome that you had a floating sickroom, Grit. Bah Humbug. I say screw it and schedule another cruise for next week. The heck with planning ahead. (Of course I realize this isn't exactly reasonable, but then again, neither is life half the time.)

MLB, hope the move goes well! What sort of place are you moving into?

• gonegirl

Hildy. Next time off will be last minute 'cause then I'll know I'm not sick going in. :-)