Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Kicking LEs butt!! Exercise & Self Care Log

Options

Comments

• hugz4u
    hugz4u Member Posts: 1,818
    edited August 2018
    Options

laural two hours sounds like a cooling treat with that hotness! Do you wear your solidea with a custom sleeve? And is it both the same compression level?

Cardio in today and weights

• Laural
    Laural Member Posts: 212
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hugz, I wear a Solidea Sleeve 23/32 pressure that is off the shelf. Currently I have to order them directly from Italy as the FDA changed the US billing code and insurance is not reimbursing anymore so the US companies have stopped carrying them. They work well for me, but others report not so well due to their specific areas of LE. The gauntlets are not compression rated, but have a wavy pattern that keeps the lymph vessels stimulated and moving fluid. I saw my PT today and my measurements are almost the same now as prior to my cellulitis bout, so that was good news.
    Still hot and humid here, but got my 2 hours in the pool so cooled down after a hot day in a school with no AC.
  • minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    edited August 2018
    Options

Our Silver Sneakers teacher today decided on a full hour of aerobics. Whew - my arms are sore.

Then since we had an inch of rain yesterday and the soil was moist, I decided I needed to weed the flower beds this afternoon. Oh my. Nine beds, four hours, lots of bending. Some weeds had grown to over 2 ft. Pruned roses & shrimp plants & elephant ears & some bushes. It was 90 degrees, but there was a breeze and I tried to work in beds that were in the shade. I have sadly let my yard go this summer due to heat & humidity. Feels good to get this done. And I'm going to take extra credit for our 5/2 challenge!!! Not sure what got into my brain. Only 4 more beds to go. I'll probably wait until after the next thunderstorm - supposedly this weekend.

When I finally came in the house at dark - I first took two aspirin, then had a LARGE gin & tonic before I even considered showering & washing my hair.

• hugz4u
    edited August 2018
    Options

laural. Thx for gauntlet info and keep moving!

Minus. Wow you really motored in the garden. Oh yah you sure need extra credit and an extra smug award for all that hard work!

Just my half hour today. My dog thanked me.

Hey we are almost done the challenge. I’ll be at gym telling everyone about our success!

• hugz4u
    edited August 2018
    Options

******** It’s our last day of Aug challenge! Get out and move our buns and kick le in the butt!

We all are doing the best we can! Our cardioed heart is happy, our le is happier, I’m HAPPIER!

Hey good thing someone has a sept challenge going. I’m in! Will be doing 5/2 myself. This works for me as I get to have two rest days if I wish plus sometimes life gets in the way and I need a exercise day off!

Will be walking buns off tonight at gym wearing my last day challenge with PRIDE! Doggy has to sit this oneout today.

• minustwo
    edited August 2018
    Options

I'm in for the 5/2 challenge for September. Just that commitment is a great motivator. Or maybe a negative motivator since I feel guilty if I don't get up off my butt to make the 5 days.

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    edited September 2018
    Options

I have been so busy with the grandkids I haven't had time to post. I have kept up with the challenge and feel pretty smug! I am having an issue with cording again. I have noticed that when I spend a few hours in the pool that the cords will pop just by stretching them. The cords are in my abdomen again not my arm.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day!

That's my 5 day total for M-F this past week.

• hugz4u
    edited September 2018
    Options

Varga. Super! Ok I’m on a great start for sept. Broke my record. 11:30 min to run a mile. Ps my knees hate running so I do very little. Just enough to challenge the heart.

Come on all. Let’s keep being healthy. For those starting out do join today. We are doing 5 exercise days out of the week! Do how ever long you wish just do 5 days though

• minustwo
    edited September 2018
    Options

My goal is at least an hour each of the 5 days. I'm going to have to innovate to get 5 days this week since water aerobics was cancelled for the holiday so all the residents could use the community pool. Saturday - aerobics; today - Silver Sneakers; hopefully water aerobics tomorrow if we can dodge the rain & thunder storms.

• flowergal
    flowergal Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hello All,

I will continue my daily walk .Doing 2 and 1/4 miles each am before it gets too hot.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 659
    edited September 2018
    Options

I plan to continue my 30 minutes per day of cardio. I find I really look forward to my workouts, especially the rebounding. Wish I'd started that months ago!

• hugz4u
    edited September 2018
    Options

checking in and had succes

• hugz4u
    edited September 2018
    Options

slam dunked walk this morn

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hello, I'm here, and happy to see you all. I had scar revision surgery on Aug 24th, and finally all that excess skin and tissue left from my MX's ---- GONE!! Can't go into the pool until all my scabs have healed up,,, had 2 drains,,,, but I started back on the LEBED program today. And after being unable to walk the dog for 2 weeks,, she and I are back to our usual long morning walks.

• vargadoll
    edited September 2018
    Options

bump for Shelia

• vargadoll
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hello ladies! I have been super busy! 35,000+ steps a day plus some exercise in the pool. Since we started to challenge I had lost more weight. I weighed 162 on March 19th when I went to the oncologist. Today I weigh 137. I want to be under 135 and stay there! As long as I keep participating in these challenges I can do it! The cording is under control and I think the pool is what helps. I can't remember if I posted that all ready. Dang Tamoxifen saps my short turn memory! Have a beautiful weekend. I am getting ready to hop in the pool for a few laps and lots of floating!

Smuggy of the smugglest smuggler!

• hugz4u
    edited September 2018
    Options

Glennie welcome back. Slow and steady wins the race when rehabilitating.

Varga. Excellent news on health report with weight. I don’t know how many pounds I lost this summer only gain back. It went something like this. Gain 3 lose 2. Lose 1 gain 4 yadda yadda. It all had something to do with summer time party’s yadda yadda! Oye! It’s time for me to slap myself awake.

Threw in extra walks this week! Feeling overly smug about it considering I got caught in rain todayand just kept walking till done.

• TaRenee
    TaRenee Member Posts: 406
    edited September 2018
    Options

Question for the hive... will the barometric pressure changes from the hurricane mess with my lymphedema? I’m so not looking forward to this storm.

• vargadoll
    edited September 2018
    Options

Good question TaRenee! Now I'm wondering!

• minustwo
    edited September 2018
    Options

I don't know but I suspect the answer might be yes - only because we are warned to wear sleeves & gear on airplanes or when we go from sea level to somewhere like the mountains of Colorado. Hope someone else has the answer.

Thinking of your NC ladies and keeping fingers crossed for your well being.

• hugz4u
    edited September 2018
    Options

everyone is different but most likely you will be bothered by barometric pressure.

I have a bad case of dry eyes over the summer and now being indoors it's extremely troublesome so I won't be on screen as much as I don't blink enough. I however will be sooooo smug working my summer fat off during 5/2 challenge! Keep it up girls.

I'm walking tomorrow and hopefully you to. I'll be in and out here but need to keep my posts short to avoid staring at my screen. Yikes cornea erosion this summer and eyes gluing shut by morning. Eye doc keeping tabs on me.I'm going to make lemonade out of Lemons by not reading as much and being outside insteadin rain hydrating my eyeballs walking my le butt off!

Dry eyes is a money sucker like le! The drops I’ve invested in etc I could open a store.

• minustwo
    edited September 2018
    Options

hugz - sorry to hear about your eyes. Hoping the drops will make a difference in the long run.

• vargadoll
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hugz- dry eyes are so annoying! Hope they feel better soon! I live in live closer to Tennessee but we are expecting some "crap" from the storm. My DH rentals are on the river and if the river gets out its a mess! I posted pictures if the May flood. I think 6 tenants lost cars in that one.

Thank you ladies for the encouragement to move! Im ready to keep my smug on!

• hugz4u
    edited September 2018
    Options

Varga. Thx I remember those pic and I hope not again

Ok busted butt on tready. On target.

Minus thx and keep up the pace

• vargadoll
    edited September 2018
    Options

Not exercise related but I just got my new compression sleeves I ordered! I got a new one from Lymphedivas and I love it! Insurance paid for it and I wanted another so I went to the website. I got 3 sleeve's and a gauntlet for $127! They have a section of seconds and I ordered from there. I can't find the imperfection on any them. The sleeve come with a card stating what makes the

sleeve a 2nd.

• hersheykiss
    edited September 2018
    Options

Varga, I like your sleeves! What is the brand(s)? That is a great price for 4 items.

• vargadoll
    edited September 2018
    Options

They are made by Lymphedivas. I usually wear Juzo and when I ordered my 2 that insurance pay for every 7 months. I found one in the Lymphedivas book that had humming birds. My sister passed away unexpectedly in 2014 and she loved hummingbirds so I had to have that sleeve!

• hersheykiss
    edited September 2018
    Options

Varga, I use Juzo products too but am open to ordering from LympheDivas. The discount prices on their seconds are great. My insurance offers ZERO lymphedema benefits, so cost is an important factor. Their patterns are nice as well. I really like the floral sleeve you received!

• hugz4u
    edited September 2018
    Options

They all look so nice. I wear flat knit and not circular knit which they are. Mine areare butt ugly.

Speaking of butt. I’ve been Kicking LE pretty good. With summer over its back to moving and shaking more.

Your all doing great!

• vargadoll
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hugz- WORK IT GIRL! I have had zero time to post! I have been moving and shaking my ownself! I'm at my oldest grandson tennis match now. While I was waiting for him to play I did 5 laps around the parking lot! #getitwhenyoucan!

Why do you wear flat knit? Please educate meSillyHeart