Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

5 year survivors, post your screen name here!

Options

Comments

• margun
    margun Member Posts: 385
    edited April 2020
    Options

Thanks Alice for your encouraging reply.

Any other her2 positives out there that hit the 5 or more years mark? Thank

• Alicethecat2
    Alicethecat2 Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hello Margun and any other HER2 positive ladies out there

There are lots of us HER2 positive ladies out here and living large. Have a look at the HER2 positive page and survivors such as Ms Phil or Denny.

They helped me when I was diagnosed in 2012 by offering hope based on life and living. Maybe now I can offer you that hope too?

My darlings, will you come back when you can and offer hope to future survivors too?

Love

Alice x

• margun
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi ladies. Anyone here who did bilateral Goldilocks mastectomy.? I have a hard mass in my healthy breast ( also undergone Goldilocks) since the drains were out. When in January 2920I asked to my plastic surgeon about it, he said probably is the fat is dying but it is harmless.The thing is that hard mass is still there and seems to ne gets bigger and sometimes causes discomfort . My mammogram was postponed to June due to Covid19. I wanted at least confirm my plastic surgeons hypothesis that is harmless hardened fat.

I like to know if you noticed such thing in your breasts constructed by Goldilocks méthode or even with other méthode using your own tissues and fat and if it went away by itself with time?

Thanks

• thsizit7
    thsizit7 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2020
    Options

Thsizit7 DX 3/201

• jinx27
    jinx27 Member Posts: 119
    edited May 2020
    Options

Approaching year 5 in 4 months! Jinx27. Was 27 at diagnosis!

• helplesslyhoping
    helplesslyhoping Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2020
    Options

Five years on April 20. Was 38 when diagnosed.

• Sfam
    Sfam Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    Options

Today is 5 years for me!! I never posted here but read constantly after I was diagnosed! Grateful to all the members who offered encouragement and hope! I was 38, with three young kiddos. Stage 2B, surgery, chemo, rads and feeling great! Thankful to God for each and every day I get to praise Him for His goodness and faithfulness in the valleys and on the mountain top.

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2020
    Options

Congratulations on five years everyone! Woo hoo! It feels great!

• SoulShine1969
    SoulShine1969 Member Posts: 2,843
    edited May 2020
    Options

It was five years for me on February 23.

• farmerlucy
    edited May 2020
    Options

Welcom to year six SoulShine!!

• thsizit7
    thsizit7 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2020
    Options

I reached my 5 year mark in March of this year and I’m still doing good. I have only had cancer in my Lymph nodes so far, that is until my pet scan 2 weeks ago. Now there is suspicious uptake in my left lung, a new Slightly enlarged lymph node sub pectoral, and a small cluster of Lymph nodes in the left mediastinal area next to my windpipe. I have had a cough for several weeks, I thought it was allergies. I was tested for corona virus, flu, antibodies, because I ran a fever for one day. They were all negative. Istart on the new Enhertu drug on the 18th of this month! I am excited because the results so far have been great for most people!

• SoulShine1969
    SoulShine1969 Member Posts: 2,843
    edited May 2020
    Options

thsizit, congratulations on five years! Glad you are excited to start Enhertu, wishing you good results.

Hugs,

Rebecca

• margun
    edited May 2020
    Options

I had bmx and reconstruction, 10 months ago. The reconstruction is donewith my own tissue My left healthy breast had longer time to heel and had harden area after the secretions from tubes was stoped. My plastic surgeon in my January appointment said that it is probably .the fat is dying and it is harmless. However, since the the garden mass grew and sometimes causes discomfort. I was waiting my mammogram in zapril to confirm the idea of my plastic surgeon but the appointment is postponed to June due to Covid. I like to know if anyone is experienced such problem and if it went away or not. There is anything I can do to make it go away?

• summerangel
    summerangel Member Posts: 182
    edited June 2020
    Options

Today is my 5 year cancer-free anniversary. (I count by the day the cancer was physically removed from my body.) :)

• farmerlucy
    edited June 2020
    Options

Woo hoo Summer Angel! Congrats! Celebrate!

• summerangel
    summerangel Member Posts: 182
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thanks, farmerlucy!

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited November 2020
    Options

TADA!

Today marks my 20th Cancerversary 😊

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,977
    edited November 2020
    Options

Wow! That is awesome. Congratulations!!!!!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,615
    edited November 2020
    Options

SoCalLisa, congratulations. As my husband and I say to each other on our anniversaries, "Well, what do you think? Shall we try for another ___ years?" This year was 32 years, so we're going to try for another 32 years. If it doesn't work out, then we'll call it quits. haha

20 years is quite a milestone. Here's to another 20!

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Carol

• margun
    edited November 2020
    Options

soCalLisa- congratulations for thé 20 years milestone!

Sunshine- am I reading correctly? 32 years cancer survivre? Wow

Are there here any triple positive ladies with such accomplishments

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited November 2020
    Options

Congratulations Lisa! 🎊🎉🎈🎊🎉🎈

• sunshine99
    edited November 2020
    Options

Margun, sorry I wasn't clear about that. I've been married for 32 years. I was "cancer free" for 12 years, but now have mets to my spine, ribs, hip and femur. I'm hoping treatment will buy me a few more years. Life is good and I'm grateful for each day!

• margun
    edited November 2020
    Options

Sunshine. I hope new medicationsthat come out everyday will give you many many good years. In this site there is a lady that is doing well with stage 4 cancer for18 years and still going strong. All the best to you.

• peregrinelady
    peregrinelady Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2020
    Options

Congrats, So Cal Lisa! I hit 5 years in April, but am looking forward to completing 10 years since I had a high BCI score. Can't wait to quit the AI drugs.

• margun
    edited December 2020
    Options

I am taking letrozole for 1 yeari had joint pain but was manageable. But a few data ago my thumb gets stack or snap to straighten. Something have to straighten my thumb with my other hand. It is trigger finger sign? It will go away by itself? I am scared because this affect my hand functions. I am taking letrozole for a bit more than a year and I hope this is not a sign that my joins will malfunction one after another. Any advice how make it better. There is anyone who's trigger finger got better over a short time?

• sunshine99
    edited December 2020
    Options

I'll inject a little humor here, if that's OK. Margun thought I had been cancer free for 32 years, but that how long I've been married. I adore my husband and we love to laugh together - even about cancer. What else are we to do?

With regard to my pain from the bone mets, we both joke that I've had this pain in my a$$ or in my neck for 32 years now, and IT WON'T GO AWAY!!!

Laughter is the best medicine, right?

• margun
    edited December 2020
    Options

Sunshine- it is a blessing to stay in love and adore your husband after 32 years of marriage. I hope you continue laugh with your husband for many many years to come.

I also hope that is possible stay 32 and even more years alive after diagnosis and even reach to a very old age and dye from being old and not from cancer. I ho there are such cases but we do not know about them.

• Nash54
    Nash54 Member Posts: 699
    edited December 2020
    Options

Six years for me....life is good

• nevo84
    nevo84 Member Posts: 55
    edited December 2020
    Options

hello everyone

Its my mothers 10th year from diagnosis she is doing really great with no recurranc

• margun
    edited December 2020
    Options

congrats Nevo and thank you for posting. I am triple positive so hormone positive as opposite to your moms. I do not know really the impact of that difference. But we both are her2positive. Every time I see a Her2positive long term survivor story, I gives me hope.

Merry Christmas and Brighter 2021 to all of us ladies. May we all stay healthy and well for many many years to come.