Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

5 year survivors, post your screen name here!

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,945
    edited February 2022
    Options

ThumbsUp

• scrafgal
    scrafgal Member Posts: 412
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks!

• jons_girl
    jons_girl Member Posts: 444
    edited February 2022
    Options

this June will be 5 years for me. So far all is well.

• scrafgal
    scrafgal Member Posts: 412
    edited June 2022
    Options

Congrats, jons_girl!

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited July 2022
    Options

10 years, 1 month! Completely forgot about it this year until I saw there was a posting on this thread.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,958
    edited July 2022
    Options

This thread is always so inspirational! Congrats to all who are 5 years and beyond!

Heart

• maureen1
    maureen1 Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2022
    Options

I know this thread is about 5 year survivors but I just hit 10 years and wanted to share my thoughts. I had a biopsy on 7/27/12 and received my diagnosis on 7/31/12. For some reason I am vividly remembering the events and feelings of that experience. I felt completely alone and was overwhelmed with questions and fear until I found the survivors in this community. They reached out to newbies like me and offered support, knowledge and encouragement for which i will be forever grateful. I have been blessed by friendships and motivated by survivors stories. I hope my story can be a source of hope..(((Hugs))) to others on your journey, you are not alone...Maureen1

• Diagnosis: 7/31/2012, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 3/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
    • Diagnosed: July 31, 2012
    • Type: Invasive or Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma (IDC)
    • Stage: Stage IIA
    • Lymph Nodes Removed: 11
    • Positive Lymph Nodes: 3
    • Tumor Size: 1cm-1.9cm
    • Tumor Grade: Grade 2 or medium grade
    • Hormone Receptor Status: Tumor has both estrogen and progesterone receptors
    • HER2/neu Status: Tumor does not have an excess of HER2/neu receptors or genes
  • arc66
    arc66 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2023
    Options

thank you for the nice comment, only seeing it now as Ihaven’t been on in a while.

Hope you’re doing well.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited January 2023
    Options

22 years here..

• maureen1
    edited January 2023
    Options

Such great news! Congratulations, may the future bring continued happiness!

• tntnsd
    tntnsd Member Posts: 124
    edited February 2023
    Options

Today is my 2nd anniversary of left mastectomy. Last two years my focus was shifted to re-prioritize what most important in life and learn to let go many things along with adjusting with being slope sided 😍.

I sincerely wish no woman has to go through what I and many wonderful women here on forum went through. However if it is your path, I hope that you have the strength and support system to fight it. I am forever grateful for this forum, and many ladies who helped me back then and more.

• maureen1
    edited February 2023
    Options

Dear tntnsd...Every anniversary that puts the breast cancer diagnosis farther behind us is reason to celebrate Congratulations! (((Hugs))) Maureen1

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2023
    Options

My wife is a 10 year survivor. Doing great.

My dad’s cousin is a 37 year survivor. Doing great.

Prayers of strength and healing to all

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 314
    edited February 2023
    Options

Diagnosed Stage 4 de novo in May 2017, so 5+ years of Metastatic Breast Cancer. On second line of treatment (5+ years on Ibrance, now on Verzenio), and feeling great!!

• maureen1
    edited February 2023
    Options

Dear Colt45...Always great to hear from you and to hear your wife is a 10 year survivor! I deeply appreciate the supportive messages in your inspirational Open Letter. (((Hugs))) to you and your wife, Maureen1

• maureen1
    edited February 2023
    Options

Dear ciaci ...Congratulations! Your story is an inspiration to so many other survivors:) (((Hugs))) and prayers on 5 years of success and "Feeling Great", Maureen1

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey Maureen! My sister from another mister…

Good to touch base again, as always.

• Krissy37
    Krissy37 Member Posts: 119
    edited February 2023
    Options

I am 5 years out from a TNBC diagnosis! Life is good!!!

• quinnie
    quinnie Member Posts: 113
    edited February 2023
    Options

16 years since my R breast CA and 3 years since my L breast CA. Doing very well

• maureen1
    edited February 2023
    Options

Dear quinnie....Congratulations on 16 years since your original diagnosis and your recent 3 years!! Thanks for sharing, you are an inspiration to other survivors, God Bless you (((Hugs))) Maureen1

• maureen1
    edited February 2023
    Options

Dear veeder14...Congratulations on 5 years ! Hoping the upcoming years continue to bring you happiness and health (((Hugs))) Maureen1

• josieo
    josieo Member Posts: 140
    edited February 2023
    Options

Veeder - YES !!!!

So glad to acknowledge your milestone. I remember with appreciation the many posts we shared during our treatment. Wishing you many more years of good health.

Josie

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi Nancy....good to see you again..9 years yippee...22 for me now..

• misha13
    misha13 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Hi all!! Yesterday was my five year cancer anniversary! I am still here, a little heavier, a little slower, but I am still cancer free! I am still teaching, spending time with family and grateful for each day! I hope I can provide hope for someone with this post, as early on, I used to check here often!

I am still followed fairly closely by my oncologist, and next month I will have a bone scan to check out some pain in my hips. The pain is likely from the Exemestane-the AI that I will continue for at least five more years! The side effects are do-able, especially with some exercise. It’s not bad, but yes, I feel a lot older than I would without having had cancer.

Cancer and its treatment are awful, but this site gave me hope, and some friends to share chemo and surgery and rads with.

So, woo-hoo!! Five years!! Here’s to hopefully many, many more!!

Michelle

• purplecat
    purplecat Member Posts: 226
    Options

Five years back in September, but I held my breath until my mammogram results came back last week. Grateful to be here.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,958
    Options

Wonderful, @purplecat!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

15 year survivor of BC, 10 year survivor of Thyroid cancer, and two basil cell cancers of the nose. But there hasn't been a moment of peace in the entire time for the Body. Worked each problem. Some problems caused other problems. Be very careful about steroids.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

11 years and marching on!

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    edited April 8
    Options

Just passed the 10th anniversary of being diagnosed. Time always flies!

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,284
    Options

Wow and congratulations! I'd love to be so lucky. Thanks for being an inspiration!