Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Comments

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited September 2016

Fightergirl, my sister was diagnosed 6 months after me. Triple-positive, inflammatory ER+, PR+, HER2+. She's almost 5 years out and doing great.

• Momof2inME
    Momof2inME Member Posts: 249
    edited September 2016

Fightergirl711, I am the same dx as you.

Almost 5 years out.

You got this!

• fightergirl711
    fightergirl711 Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2016

Thank you sbelizabeth and momof2! Great to read these, really. Sometimes just reading stories is enough to take that anxious feeling away. A friend who has stage 4 colon cancer learned about progression last week, and the news really affected me. It was heartbreaking.

Btw, momof2, I'm in ME too! :)

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited September 2016

Same here fightergirl. my nephew is 40 years old, 2 young kids, stage 4 stomach cancer, has spread to liver. Even with chemo they give him 7 months. It has really affected my husband and I.

• Delvzy
    Delvzy Member Posts: 454
    edited September 2016

Hi girls just posting my 8 years on 8/9/16 there is life after BC and you have your scared and happy days

• live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    edited September 2016

hi delvsy. How cool 8 years? Love it. Thanks for sharing with us.

• LM070917
    LM070917 Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2016

Hey Delsvy, that's fantastic news! Congrats on the 8 years, here's to many more years to come. Can I ask if you changed your lifestyle much after dx?

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited October 2016

FIVE YEARS OUT this month!!  I was Stage 3a, 9 positive nodes, one node from Stage 3c, very large 6 cm plus tumor, Triple Positive, had to stop Herceptin after 3 months because of permanent heart valve damage, had a heart attack during AC Chemo and I AM HERE!  No way did I think I would make it, but I did.  Thank you, Jesus and my amazing doctors!   I thank God every time I swallow my Arimidex pill side effects and all.   I am happy to have them!

Sending all the best to all of those behind me - it is so darn scary.  I clung to the hope on these boards!

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 182
    edited October 2016

congratulations Denise. This is a biggie. Enjoy your blessings

• fightergirl711
    fightergirl711 Member Posts: 190
    edited October 2016

I love seeing all of your posts!! :)

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited October 2016

Congrats Delvzy and Denise!

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2016

Congrats Denise.

• lifelover
    lifelover Member Posts: 263
    edited October 2016

Congratulations to Delvsy and Denise!!!!! Wow!

• live_deliciously
    edited October 2016

congratations you two. So grateful for people who posts these lovely stories to help give us hope. It will be two years for me Dec 6 and I can't believe the time has flown by And im still here. Hearing your stories helps me to think maybe I can still be here and healthy at year 5 too. Hugs!

• kcinmn
    kcinmn Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2016

Love survivor posts! Congrats, Ladies! Keep fighting the good figt

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited October 2016

Me, me, me! It's my turn! Five years ago yesterday, the doctor on the other end of the phone said, "it's cancer." As the diagnosis progressed I felt like I was drowning in sorrow and fear.

And here I am, five years later, healthy and happy. A grandma, working full time at a job I love, looking at those months of cancer treatment in my rear-view mirror.

No one knows what tomorrow will bring, but today, I'm celebrating my cancerversary.

• peacestrength
    peacestrength Member Posts: 236
    edited October 2016

Love reading stage 3 sister stories...congratulations:). I need to hear and talk with/to others like me...maybe you do to? Maybe I should start a FB page for stage 3 survivors only...closed group...what do you think? Send me a pm. Hugs!

• Crazywabbit
    Crazywabbit Member Posts: 54
    edited October 2016

sbelizabeth. Big big congratulations. I also love to hear stage 3 survival stories. I will hit 3 years the end on Nov.

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited October 2016

Thank you sbelizabeth....I was really down today, facing 3 month check up again next week. Diagnosed with axillary recurrence last December 10/14. NED anywhere else so it was considered local/regional. Really crappy day at work...THANK YOU

• live_deliciously
    edited October 2016

sbelizabeth. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing. It's so good to see so many of us "making it" out of cancer land. Hugs and Love to all

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited October 2016

sbelizabeth - Congratulations! Love posts like these!

• Redporchlady
    Redporchlady Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2016

congratulations!! Sbelizabeth. That is awesome news and look forward to coming back out here too and posting

• lookforward
    lookforward Member Posts: 372
    edited October 2016

Sbelizabeth what great news, who thought we would be celebrating these milestones

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited October 2016

sbelizabeth - celebrating with you!! HOORAY!

• Janetanned
    Janetanned Member Posts: 118
    edited October 2016

This month marks my 5th year! A September mammogram turned into October biopsies and those dreaded words, "The lab results are back. You have cancer". My world was turned upside down, but I found my balance and life goes on. It is great to see so many familiar names posting here. May we all have many more anniversaries!

• ssinuk
    ssinuk Member Posts: 63
    edited October 2016

Congrats Sbelizabeth, and Janetand. Enjoy, and thank you

• Momof2inME
    Momof2inME Member Posts: 249
    edited October 2016

Congratulations sbelizabeth!

Happy Dance for you!

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited October 2016

Well Congrats to you both, abelizabeth and Janetannd, Thank you for coing back and sharing your story!! Yipppe!!!

• Faithhope35
    Faithhope35 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016

yes please do start a facebook page & let us know!

• wintersocks
    wintersocks Member Posts: 434
    edited October 2016

selizaebeth and janetannd,

Wonderful news both.