Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Options

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013
    Options

Teka I love 3 bean salad too, I haven't had it for so long, It's yummy.

OK I think this job is really getting to me---I just had a call and had to ask the man 3 times what his name was, then I just asked him to spell it--it was Miller. And that was after I already disconnected him and he called back. YYIIKKKES

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,650
    edited December 2013
    Options

((((((((big happy hugs squishy)))))))

Lilli

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2013
    Options

Just been on here a little while. Yay for good news Cindy. Hoping Bracca tests as good.

Gma - Prayers that your pain for mammo is minimized. Sounds like progress on dizzy/nausea. Love you pics. I think I would find it hard to ever leave that view. As it is we've been in since Thursday. Maybe will be able to get out tomorrow.

Had plumbing ER today. DH had to dig it out and run hose thru. Now finding a hose that wasn't frozen was the trick. Faucet fine; always has "faucet titty" on it. He managed to unplug it. Smart man put an outlet box over the cutoff last year so it is easy to find even through several inches of ice/frozen dirt.

Sassy - where the heck are you? AND What the heck is jezebel that it goes with crackers?

Pictures of stores all out of bread, milk, eggs, bananas (not the 1st food I would crave in a storm). Still out with major graders clearing esp. FW and west/north. Dallas never was as bad. I bought some of the new bread mixes that require no kneading and certainly thought about frozen bread dough.

I am not much (a stretch at that) on social media but I did discover the local police/news twitter feeds.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited December 2013
    Options

Pleased all went well Cindy.

Pavlova is a type of meringue we make in this part of the world, crisp on the outside and soft and light on the inside.

it's made like a cake and decorated with fruit and sometimes chocolate.

4 egg whites

1 cup of castor sugar

1 tsp white vinegar

2 tsp cornflour

pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 110C/ 230f and line a baking tray with baking paper.

Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks, gently whisk in sugar, white vinegar and cornflour. Pile onto tray in 9-10inch circle flatten the top.

Bake for an hour - it should be just beginning to colour, turn off oven and allow pavlova to cool in the oven.

when cold remove from paper(very carefully). whip cream and cover pavlova, decorate with fruit and/or crated chocolate.

This is very yummy. Most people have their own method of making them. You can use brown sugar for a caramel one or add chocolate if you want too. We usually have them at Christmas or other special occassions.

Have good day

big hugs

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    Options

OK I was very busy this weekend  My daughters boyfriend was staying over so never got the chance to sign on.  I had to catchup on pages and pages of reading.  That will teach me to stay away again.  Party time YES!   I'll bring the home made Bailey's and I'll have to get the recipe to share if anyone want's some.  Crog  glad all came out good.  Fatigue is my worst issue not sure if it still from the Rads or the drugs aut anyway it sucks.  I would really like my life outside of work back.  

Back away a song remided them of DH and I can't listen to Robert Cray anymore because if my DH had gone with me he might still be with me but NO he had to do his thing so off he went to Motorcycle heaven with all the other big dummy's.  I love the bike but sometimes the riders are big dummies.  It is funny how music sticks with you and can turn sad to happy or happy to sad.    Back to work so later later all.  Flatsy

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Oh Tht reminded me of the egg white cookies I really used to make---of course egg whites, sugar and something else, and drop on u'r baking pans and preheat oven at 350--when it reaches that u put in the cookies and turn off over and let them stay for overnight or 8 hrs. But I never thought of putting like carmel or chocolate for some flavor cuz they were a little blah but looked pretty and had a nice consistency.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,897
    edited December 2013
    Options

Alyson, What is castor sugar? White granulated? Powdered? And could the corn flour be what is called corn starch here? Corn starch is a fine powder that squeaks a bit. It sounds to me like it would go with the other ingredients. It's often used as a thickener.

• luvmygoats
    edited December 2013
    Options

Cami - I've made the meringue cookies with miniature chocolate chips. I don't remember much else besides egg white and sugar, maybe vanilla. Yum and crunchy.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

I ready for the gun to the head......all day on phone Friday, and again today..........I need a effen garment.......friggin bullshit dealing with insurance, assholes who know nothing.....medicare who is even dumber then Aetna........yes it's covered....no it's not covered.....yes it is covered....no we need a pre-cert......no you don't need a pre-cert......get me a CPT number.......that company is not medicare approved.......oh it's covered....it's durable medical equipment, and medicare covers that......sorry that is not one of the things they cover.....I am so fuc--ng fed up, my f/n arm can get like an elephant's trunk and drag on the ground.......I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FU-CK ANYMORE..........

Now a very nice lady st Aetna is going to do her best with the review board to get an approval.......guess when I got hysterical on the phone with her from complete frustration over all this, she realized I was just short of suicide and figured she better help....so she is bringing it before the review board....

Will see where this goes....it is a $200.00 custom sleeve .....medicare won't pay for that, but they will pay for a $400.00 pneumatic pump that I sit with on my arm for 1 hour 2 times everyday.......and my therapist said...."as soon as you take it off and start moving around....your arm will fill up again.......

Can't shoot myself cause I don't own a gun........lol....if I point my finger at my head and go BANG will that work.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sorry Ducky, that really sucks! I jinxed myself last week talking about the LE with you guys. My arm adn esp hand swelled up and I have been wearing the stupid custom sleeve and glove since and it is not making any difference. Feels like my cording is back full force too.

I did want to pass along something I was taking that helped so I dug out my bottles and started taking it again. I had been on holiday from anything non essential. Anyhow a LE massage therapist suggested these to me.

Enzymedica brand Repair Gold and Serra Gold. They are Serrapeptase supplements to support mobility, joint function and inflammatory response. I have found them helpful although they are not inexpensive. They said it was great stuff for the circulatory and lymph systems. The Repair Gold also has Bromelain and Papain which are pineapple and papaya (I think) enzymes and I know those are really good for bones. To the best of my knowledge they are not going to interfere with anything so are safe to take, but double check.

Again, sorry ;0(

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

thanks 4.....,.will check it out.......hugs....hang in there....we will overcome....with the help of God......cause no one else gives a shit....

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited December 2013
    Options

hi all waiting for friend to go and drink coffee.

Wren powdered sugar: I couldn't remember what you called it and cornstarch. Laughed when you said it squeaked because it does and that's how I tell it from custard powder.

Ducky hope you get things sorted.

Big hugs

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013
    Options

That's not true Ducky, a lot of us here give a shit. I do. Hugs back at you. This is a frustrating time of year for everything. Good Will towards men, my ass!! Nobody has any patience right now and Dumb Asses seem to multiply this time of year too!

Editing****** that's weird. Twice today my pictures changed? And I didn't do it?????? One I understand but the other was just hugging smiley faces??? I bet it's that damn Elf on that shelf!

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hey Chevy and Cami,

I spotted you in the art class!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited December 2013
    Options

Foley, your iced doors reminded me of a friends story in a gasoline station. The fella in a car next to her  was trying to unfreeze his locking gas cap with a cigarette lighter. STFU what an idiot.

Just logged in catching up on reading from two pages ago. Can tell di having trouble from post above------DI whatever is going on so sorry it's happening be back.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2013
    Options

hi ladies. I'll bring trifle to the party.

Great news squishy

GMA have you checked the ACA yet to see what insurance you can get?

Alyson, that Pavlova looks so good. I have to make one sometime.

We're supposed to get snow tonight or tomorrow, but it doesn't look like much is expected. (Thank goodness!)

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Good eyes 4444444 LOL and I'm glad u found something to take.

Ducky I can not deal with all that crap anymore--I have my DD1 do all that cuz I get to many answers and they are all different. And I too get so frustrated and MAD so I understand u, my effin sleeve cost 400.00 which I know now I was taken and the  ins. covered 156.00 From then on I just don't get it so I can't do it , I used to handle all my stuff and now they boggle my mind. so I know what u mean.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2013
    Options

Forgotten Cookies

2 egg whites

Dash of salt

3/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

6 ounces (1cup) chocolate chips

1 cup chopped pecans

Beat egg whites with electric mixer till foamy. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating till whites form stiff peaks. Fold in vanilla, chips and nuts. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet lined with foil. Place in preheated 350 degree oven, turn off heat. Leave in oven at least 8 hours.

I usually double or triple this, DD loves them!! I also use powdered egg whites.

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2013
    Options

Alyson, I'm going to make that, looks sooooo yummy!

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2013
    Options

Ducky. If you know your measurements I saw sleeves on Amazon last night for under $100. From Jobst, LymphaDivas. The regular companies. I had the same problem with Humana, they kept denying, I have to pay over $200 for mine. GRRRRRR

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hugs for Squishy and Ducky...OMG, sometimes I just want to say "WTF!" all day long, especially when I hear stories like yours Ducky.

Squishy, I am so happy your news was good. I was in your pocket but could not respond at work. '

Talk at ya all later. I need to go eat something sweet after seeing that photo of that dessert! LOL

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Squishy, So happy for your news, You needed some. Plus what you went through with your parents, that whole time period was one long nightmare. But you were a sterling daughter to them, blessings for your memories of them. May everything in the next year be better.

Foley glad your s/s's have eased up. Can't remember if you said it here or in PM. Just would like to give your PCP Kudos again for sticking by you by email. She's a keeper. Withdrawal is bad enough but not to have guidance is scarey.  AND a pox on the pain mgt doc that just said ride it out.  Continue to love your pictures. I'm especially fond of the one you sent by PM. It really cheered me up.

Littlegoats those cake recipe cookies are FUN readying and sound good to boot.

Forget who said we needed to have some libations. Next post I'll put a couple of recipes from a special cook book that has recipes that are several hundred years old. NOW those people liked to drink.

• luvmygoats
    edited December 2013
    Options

Spookie - Is there a conversion on the can for the egg whites? Sounds good. I buy the 18 count and we have trouble using them up. Sounds good, might have scrambled eggs/toast for dinner. Tummy not been good last couple of days. Just need to get life back on some kind of schedule. Sooo dry here, hands cracking. Those cookies would keep well. More hot tea needed. I have a Johnson's baby butt cream that smells so good. Need to coat hands again.

Di - when do you go back to PS? Wishing that your surgeries were up to what you'd hoped for.

Gma - I got a giant aerosol can of windshield de-icer mostly to use if needed on gate locks. I usually try to keep the little cans you squirt in door locks. My car has auto locks but both trucks have regular locks and roll down windows lol. I guess if the ice is deep enough on the doors nothing's going to work. Ice off cars, DH going to work tomorrow. Actually had a county truck with snow blade come down our road. Don't think I've ever seen that in the 15 years we've been here. DD said she slid across 2 bridges on way to work, came home city streets - better. She has to work more tonight but is safely home.

Oh yes, Sassy and they did love their brandies/whiskeys/bourbons.

• luvmygoats
    edited December 2013
    Options

Teka - in the right atmosphere I like it still. But too cold for anything and tummy says no way.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

The cookbook is "Charleston Receipts" (old spelling of recipe). First published in 1930. Mine is from 1950. It's still in publication today.                           Champagne Punch----600-650 servings.

1/2pound best green tea( makes ten quarts              12pounds sugar

10 bottles of brandy                                                   12 quarts carbonated water

10 bottles light rum                                                     12 quarts carbonated champagne

5 dozen lemons                                                           2cans pineapple chunks

1 quart maraschino cherries

Make syrup of the sugar with ! quart of water and boil until slightly thick, add the juice from the pineapple chunks and let come to a boil. To make tea, bring 10 parts of water to a boil and pour onto tea; let stand until strong, then strain and when cool add syrup, rum, brandy, juice of lemons, cherries, and pineapple chunks. Make this at least 5 days before using. Chill stock and champagne.

Make when ready to serve, mix 3 quarts stock to 1 quart champagne and 1 quart. (three quarts of carbonated water may be used for the ladies punch).Stock should be kept in tightly corked bottles.

From a "Charleston Lady's" Receipt book of the 1890's       This should be enough?

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Teka we were 21 when I was 18, but those days it was easy to get around it. LOL

Spookie those are the egg white cookies I ws talking about, but I didn't have anything in it like chips or anything mine (like I said were pretty cuz I would add color but not that tasty.

TekaNerdy

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sas, we will not run out !, sounds like the recipe called to water it down for the Ladies...do not think the Hoolies fall in that category.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

I did a double take when reading this receipt. It took awhile to find out what a Syllabub was. They used it to serve to young people and children to teach them how to drink.

Country Syllabub

From "Directions   for Cookery in its Various Branches" by Miss Leslie, seventh edition 1839

Mix half a pound of white sugar with a pint of fine cider, or of white wine, and grate in a nutmeg. Prepare them in a large bowl, just before milking time. Then let it be taken to the cow, and have about three pints milked into it, stirring occasionally with a spoon. Let it be eaten before the froth subsides. If you use cider, a little brandy will improve it.

Miss Mary  Deas Ravenal

The visuals of "let it be taken to the cow"--------OMG to the barn.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013
    Options

Oh Golfgirl, yes these recipes are just a hoot to read in the whole book. Well actually, there's one for cooter soup. Took me ever so long to find out what a cooter was. The oldest recipes don't have measurements as we know them. Yes, there was discrimination towards the women.LOL

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sas Visuals diidn't phase me till you said something.  But then when we went out with my couzin at milking time I would line up with the cats for my share!  He had perfect aim.