Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Options

Comments

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited December 2013
    Options

Alyson that looks delicious!!!

Cindy AKA Squishy

• crog234
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi all. I don't usually ask for help but sure would like it if anyone is available for the pocket party. Nope my appointment is not with the cancer center but with my vascular surgeon. For those who don't know I ended up with problems with circulation while I was going through chemo. Ended up in the hospital and had leg bypass surgery done and then rehab. I then had problems walking for over a year. Ended up back in the hospital in September of 2012 and had a right leg below the knee amputation. So since February of this year I have been learning to walk again using a prosthetic... Well today I have a check up with the surgeon, I am also having circulation problems with my left leg now. The surgeon never has very good news for me so I am nervous about going to see him today. Anyone who can join me at 9:30 eastern time I would appreciate it... 😊

Cindy AKA Squishy

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hey Crog,

In your pocket. Best of Luck today.

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013
    Options

For Squishy

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hope everyone is thawing out - we aren't yet. Good views though as long as I'm not outside Winking back yard view.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013
    Options

Little miss Crog... Squishy, I had no idea! I'm with you girl! All of us are! So forget if I ever said anything about hurting anywhere, or whining about my stupid hands.

You have gone through so much! Wish we could all be there with you... You are in Maine? I think you are having bad weather, right? Damn!

You're appointment is in about 1 1/2 hours.... I'll be thinking of you, and saying a prayer....

I don't know where 444444444444444444 gets all those cute cartoons, but yes, you ARE hugged! xoxooxxoox

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013
    Options

For our Squishy!

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013
    Options

• crog234
    edited December 2013
    Options

thanks 4 and Chevy.. Not doing anything out yet where I am but I am sure it will be before we go to my appointment... We live very near the coast and it is suppose to start out as snow and then change to rain.

4 cute hug picture thanks

Chevy we all hurt in our own way!!!!! Can't minimize what we each feel.... I am sure I don't hurt anymore than you hurt. I just can't walk as well as you maybe, but I am getting there.. Ha ha ha

Nice picture GMA

Cindy AKA Squishy

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013
    Options

I am in your pocket Squishy - Hugs!

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013
    Options

Loopy Oh, Morning Grammie! I hope you are feeling better..... ! I love the pictures you post!

Yes Squishy, just let us know, okay? We party in 2 days!

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013
    Options

Chevy, The dizzy and nausea have lessened a bit since I dropped the Gralise down to 600mg. Withdrawals were bad but did opt to use the Benadryl. Got me through the snowed/iced-in week. I get shaky and headache, off and on, but bearable. That is the good news. Bad news is the pain is back and I'm having trouble wearing bras again. Not sure what to do. I will get through this, as I get through each challenge of the week. Guess I will just pass the happy pills around for all of us in trouble.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

praying for you Cindy.......pocket party...

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013
    Options

Cindy aka Squishy....thinking of you & hoping for the best news this afternoon..safe travels...

To all that posted this morning, GREAT photos....I need to learn how to do that!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013
    Options

I didn't even read everything yet--but I'm with u Scrushy---we all there. U brave wonderful womn.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited December 2013
    Options

I'm in your pocket, too. Squishy. Late but still there.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013
    Options

Light just came up - WE have more SNOW! It wasn't supposed to snow anymore !Bawling

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

we were only supposed to get an inch in Philly.....we got almost a foot in some areas

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2013
    Options

Alyson send it anyway! What is it? Looks sooooo gooood but never heard of it.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,561
    edited December 2013
    Options

(((((((squishy))))))  will have to go back and read but I'm in your pocket for sure.  Like Chevy.....just wow !!!  We hear about some of the complications of chemo, but so many are rare and lots and lots of us have nothing or almost nothing....though in general, having to poison yourself to kill parts of yourself just doesn't and never will have a good ring to it.  Still it is hard to envision such drastic measures to repair this damage.  My total heart wishes you well squishy and sending vibes to carry across whatever your Dr. has to say.

Lilli

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Gma It's nice to see  little improvement for u, BTW how can u possibly work feeling so awful. Geeze.

And as pretty of a picture of u'r back yard, I'm tired of snow already.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013
    Options

Cami - work or lose my house - no choice in the matter. No insurance in another 2 weeks. I'm just glad I can do the web production stuff from home and it really takes no physical effort except to type and get out of bed. Best job in that respect. And I thank DS for finding me this job and talking the CEO into letting me join the company. We were about to become homeless when both my DH and I found jobs in the same week! Just passed my 2nd year with the company.

How about this picture for you then Winking Sitting above the fog!

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

That is so beautiful, I do hope u sit there and enjoy it whenever u can.Gma I so understand about the work and for u and u'r DH to get work at the same time saved u'r home. But I'm sure it's awful to work when u don't feel well.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013
    Options

Yes it is. Especially the dizzy part. It is a bit better but not sure I want to lower the dose of Gralise(gabapentin) anymore. BTW the SE's from all the AI's and tamoxifen that I tried, were so bad the MO won't give any to me. He left me to take my chances. I don't like it but couldn't deal with that either. Mammogram will be coming up next month. Not looking forward to the added pain there. OK I got to go back to work and STFU.. HUGS to all and have a great day!

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

GMA----to cute--

• crog234
    edited December 2013
    Options

thank you all for being in my pocket. It really helped. The news was not bad.. Thank goodness. He feels the medicine I am taking is helping and to keep taking it and keep doing my walking... I go back to see him in another 6 months...

I will be at the party in 2 days Chevy.... Yeah!!!!!

I go this Thursday morning to get the results of my Bracca1 and Bracca 2 tests.. I was going to have it done back in 2011 but with everything else I was going through it never happened.

Cindy AKA Squishy

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Squishy  YYYAAYYY news was OK.

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013
    Options

Great News Squishy!!!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013
    Options

Cindy aka squishy...so happy to hear your GOOD news, lord knows you have been thru enough..have a restful Mon. ...Party in 48 hours...

• crog234
    edited December 2013
    Options

thanks all. I am looking forward to partying!!!!!!!!

Cindy AKA Squishy