Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2014

Ok, so I posted this yesterday but accidentally on the wrong thread so if any of you her it twice, sorry.

I do hair in a retirement home, one of my 80 yr old residents called for an appt a few weeks out. So I book the appt but inform her of my dx saying I may have to change her appt for a Dr appt to which she replied.."Oh , breast cancer is no big deal, nobody dies from that anymore."

Hmmm..guess I'm being a big baby about this whole thing..STFU

Oh, and it's 18 degrees here, luckily hubby's on dog walking duty today.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2014

Just wanted to share this.............this is a STFU moment

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

Spookie, you must do penance for this. Sit in a corner all by yourself until you are truly sorry for taunting us NorthEasterners and MidWesterners with your lovely weather. You must of course wear some type of a hat of shame as well while you sit there and contemplate what you did wrong. Oh and btw, STFU! HA! xo

Welcome to the newbies!

Ducky, I spit out my water when I read that checklist! LOL

OK, gotta run. Am doing a workshop this morning and one of my not so favorite clients is coming..she is a PIA and I can't tell her to STFU!.

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Shared this with a couple other threads ...for those who don't go to those here is an update on Grayson.....thanks to those who really care......now she will see the world in an upright position...my son and i are ordering this for her on April 7th.....a mother in Ireland invented this for her wheelchair bound son who has cerebral palsy........it made my day..

• april485
    edited March 2014

Ducky, that is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited March 2014

wow! The mother of invention!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Amazing isn't it..........she is an Israili mother, and finally found someone in Northern Ireland who would manufacturer it for her....It is called a Firefly Upsee...............$500.00, but if Grayson can stand and walk while assisted by an adult it is worth every penny.........just waiting to get the information we need to order it......they can run along with the adult, walk,, kick a ball, and anything else an adult can do....makes them feel like part of things, instead of sitting with a brace to hold them up, or crawling on the floor on their belly......I am so happy.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2014

Ducky, How grand!

Genny, 80 is no excuse for ignorant. This is the work of evil Komen, making BC sound like a walk in the park. 

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited March 2014

Marywhat, yippee for your liver stuff!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Mary.....hugs for some good news.........

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2014

Ducky, that is so cool. Must find out more as young friends have daughter who is now five and is in a chair most of the time. Olya is a twin as well and Ned her twin is fine. 

Want to see picture of Greyson when you get it.

Hope everyone is OK.

Genny have found some older folk are really thoughtless. 

Big hugs.

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Aly, will do

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2014

April, this is for you!

• maryland
    edited March 2014

Well I worked all day, actually did have one of my customers ask me if I had "the good cancer". Came home and saw your post Ducky.. ha! so funny. here's how the conversation went with another one of my ladies. 

Customer: maybe you won't lose your hair

Me: I'm gonna lose my hair

Customer: my brother had chemo and he didn't lose his hair

Me: did he have breast cancer?

Customer: No, colon

Me: That's a different kind of chemo

Customer: Well my cousin's wife had chemo and she didn't lose her hair

Me: Did she have breast cancer?

Customer: No, lung

Me.. STFU!!!!

Seriously though, that Firefly Upsee thing looks amazing, what a brilliant idea!

• maryland
    edited March 2014

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2014

Live it genny

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2014

Good one Genny!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Genny...........you go girl...........

• april485
    edited March 2014

Go Genny!!!!!

As for you Ms. Spookie....I don't think there is any hope. I think you enjoy being a brat and therefore am just gonna have to learn to live with it! SillyHeart xo

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2014

Moi? A brat?  TeeHee. 

No, you're just going to have to move from snow country. I can't begin to tell you how much I hate the idea of winter. Even here. 

• april485
    edited March 2014

Amen....just a few more years and FL will be our home for sure! Retirement is around the corner and I will definitely be moving to where the Palm Trees sway and the lightning is abundant. HA!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2014

April Spookie is a brat, I' glad u told her.

Genny out of the mouths of babes and old folks--OMG no one dies of that--ask her for her Dr. then.

I remember when I ex=husband called me after he found out he said Hello  of course and right away he said well how long did they give u--I assured him it was longer than he had. (He didn't have cancer) but he did die 3 yrs  later. I'm a witchy woman. I think that's why some women don't want people to know because everyone else knows so much more about than the whole medical community.

• wren44
    edited March 2014

Cami, I agree. If there were a government plot to hide the (cheap) cure for cancer, would the lady at the supermarket know about it? If we paid attention to all the rumors we would die of malnutrition.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited March 2014

Hi beautiful Holligans,

Oh have I missed you all... Don't know what end is up these days!! Austin's party was great!! So awesome everyone had fun... Felt good enjoying the moment just loved every second.

4 and you all would be proud of me!! Made my lemon cake, applied the edible cake design and had my first go around with piping the icing around the boarder . 

One huge mistake didn't slow down 

enough to get a family picture :( 

April love that your daughter and I have the same name :)

Mary hugs!!!

Ducky that was the coolest innovation for Grayson!!! Thank u for sharing with us... She is truly a miracle... 

Chevy how's your leg??

Chicka D how's your hubby??

Allyson Happy Belated birthday!!

We closed on our new house today... So excited!!! I work tomorrow then we move Saturday and Sunday...

Hugs xoxoxoxo

Sweet Dreams...

Sweet Pea

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited March 2014

Austin...

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited March 2014

Love the blue eyes and rosy cheeks!  He is adorable and it is wonderful to hear you so happy and full of life!

Cake looks awesome!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Stacey..............He is adorable..........the cake was great...you did a good job.......he must have been beside himself with all the "Bob" stuff........you did good girlie..........

Thanks for recognizing Grayson.........I am so excited for her to get this  Upsee........I can't put it into words.......Her life is going to be hard enough, but this will at least get her upright with everyone else..........I can't wait...........

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2014

He is a cutie, but watch out nana. I see mischief in those eyes!

• wren44
    edited March 2014

Thanks for sharing the happy occasion. He's going to have girls after him for sure.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2014

Spookiesmom, That little guy is so sweet. On the other hand if you want to see mischief in the eyes of a little guy - Look at this one. You wouldn't believe what he does after this sweet picture LOL