Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2014

I too heard from Mary's daughter.......my heart goes out to Rachel and the family, and just hope that Mary is peaceful.............

She is a loving and copassionate friend, and I got very close to her.......so sad...........

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited April 2014

Yes Ducky, She always is there to encourage me through this pain issue. She is one of my favorite people on the same level as you and FireKracker. Kicking me out of the basement all the time!  Of course at the same time, sending me gentle hugs.  I did tell Rachel how to see what we are typing so she can see what we say.. Love you Mary!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2014

I too got a message from her daughter

Strange that I just sent her a get well card today

WHY GOD????

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited April 2014

When you get that answer Fire, please let me know :0(

Just so unfair and BC and all cancer just sux so bad...........................

• gmafoley
    edited April 2014

• duckyb1
    edited April 2014

Thinking about you my dear friend.....

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2014

((((Mary and Rachael)))) You are both in my prayers.

Ducky, she is gorgeous! xoxo

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2014

Thank you all so much for your love and support. My mom and I and our family appreciate it. I just want yall to know that you cheered her up when she was down she looked so forward to chatting and talking to you all. I promise I will keep you all updated as much as possible and please feel free to email me <3raeeli@yahoo.com

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2014

Hope I didn't make anybody feel left out I just messaged the people in her inbox -rachel

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited April 2014

Mary,

I hope you feel the L-O-V-E and our embrace, from of all of us at BC.org....

We are surrounding your bed with peace and love for you, 

May you be pain free now.....

We always will love you and your sweet stories of your grandson.

Rachel, my thoughts are also with you and your family as well.

Love & Hugs,

Di

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    edited April 2014

MaryWH- sending love to you and your family. I hope that you are pain free, and able to spend some quality time with everyone you love. 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited April 2014

Gentle hugs sweet Mary.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2014

I saw the message and didn't realize it was our Mary--Rachel I'm so sorry to hear this, I thought this new treatment was going to be good for her. Please give her the love and hugs she so deserves, she's been very compassionate to all of us and loves her grandson so and always loved to read and enjoy her posting.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2014

Mary is someone we will never forget...........she is the best.........please pray for a miracle........they still do happen.............she deserves one...........

• gmafoley
    edited April 2014

Need you all in my pocket today - going for my 2nd acupuncture treatment this afternoon.  Will probably be going to bed as soon as I get home if she puts me into another "healing sleep" state.  Take care of everyone here for me Ducky and FireKracker.

Mary and Family: I sent an angel to hold you tight and comfort you today.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2014

gma......I so hope this works for you.........I am keeping you in my prayers that it does...........you have endured so much, and nothing takes away your pain...............maybe this is the time.........let us know how you are as soon as your able.........

You know we will keep things in order here.........hugs

• FireKracker
    edited April 2014

Gma u no I'll be prayin for you as always

I'm leavin for a week but I will have my iPad with me

So I'll be keepin an eye on u

Still prayin with all I got for Mary,Mary,

I DO BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

I hate cancer

Xoxo FireKracker,

• di2012
    edited April 2014

GMA....I will be in your pocket today.....my healing thoughts are being sent southbound to Oregon right now....

Gentle hugs,

Di

• di2012
    edited April 2014

Anyone else have MDS?.....my oncologist believes I have, but is not doing anything at this time.....I have very clumpy, odd shaped red blood cells that don't mature right, and I have LOW RBC....have on and off since about a year or two before my BC DX....

Di

Most BC/MDS* are with people with CHEMO (like Robin Roberts of ABC Good Moring America).....I did not have CHEMO.

Not sure what is affectws with the BC/MDS connection, low white blood cell count, low platelets, or low red blood cell count.

Hugs,

Di

FireKracker, have fun on your vacation.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2014

What is MDS?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2014

Spookie, I think it's like was said damaged blood cells, red, white or platelets---they watch the count closely and sometimes u might need a transfusion or other types of procedures so they can keep up good cells---I'm pretty sure that's what it is, I of course could be wrong, but this is what my neice has but she never had BC or any other kind of cancer. It's a wacky disease.

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Gma's update on pain issue. Acupuncture vs swell:

I went for my 2nd acupuncture treatment yesterday, did my MLD (Manual Lymphatic Drainage) before bed, and woke up 3lbs lighter than yesterday. Hmm maybe some other SE's I wouldn't mind Loopy. I did find out something interesting about pain though: http://www.neuroplastix.com/

Your brain grows more pain receptors take over your other brain cells in chronic pain. Acupuncturist says I need to break the cycle and kill off those pain receptors. If you go to the patient side of that site it has lessons on how pain works. First step is to imagine yourself taking those heightened pain receptors in your brain and kill them in whatever way you want. Also PEPPERMINT oil just under the nose, will short circuit your pain receptors and kill pain!  She says it works for some but not others. I wasn't in pain when we discussed this. so we couldn't test it out.  Will get some though, its worth a try. Going to be an interesting ride, but this pain center that does the site has been researching this for a while.

Just wanted to keep you all up to date with me. So far, I have had only minor swelling in my upper arms and breast, but I think that is more from me not being compliant and the weather, than the acupuncture.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Gma.........is sounding better............and 3lbs.....you go girl........really pulling for you......if this works for all your pain......I am headed to my little Chinese lady for an overall body treatment.......have done it for specific areas and it worked, but never the "entire body"........my daughter is going to do it too.............she has pain caused by allergies................that was new to me..............

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Ducky - Check out that first website - It really helps visualize what pain does and how to fix it.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Hey girlfriend........you know I already did.........LOL..........reading it again..........

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

I found one SE that I don't like - She asked me if I would like her to take the muddled brain effect away and I said no I'm not muddled today - I'm good..... WRONG...LOL... Next time I will let her get those points on top of my head.. I can't concentrate this morning and am so far behind in getting my work online.  Rats.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

LOL............but you sound so much better............I'm actually giddy.......keep it up girlie.............

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

checkin in from Nj 

Gma so glad u sound sooo much betta

Keep up the good work

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2014

Gma yay

Mary thinking of you all r the time

Everybody else hope u all r ok n have a nice weekend

Ducky congrats on the baby

Fire stay out of trouble

Xoxo

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Sandy.......thanks.........think I am going to go see her today.......only saw her in the hospital........she is a cutie.............you take care of yourself..........