Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2014

Ya know, it was pretty bad when we lost Red. Then Veggy. Now Mary. I just want to go on record as saying I hate this f'king disease so much. Please ladies, forgive me, but this is getting harder and harder to be on these boards and seeing people die.  I love you all and wanted you to know that.  xoSad

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2014

April and all others thinking and feeling the same. I have something to share with you that keeps me here:

Yes it is hard to be here, with all my friends passing before my eyes... Its not just all of you that are so caring and loving to me but I also feel if I can give a person one more light in their day with my presence, I will stay till the end. It does create a fear that they started out with the same cancer and ended up with mets. That seems to overwhelm me with fear. Then I think what my dear son tells me: "God's toolbox is about love and compassion not about power and control. If there is any of these: Guilt, anger, fear, pride, envy, lust... - its not from God.. Flee from it." So I flee from my fears and remember I am here to give others companionship and comfort in any way I can.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2014

GMA How beautiful.

• camillegal
    edited May 2014

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Group hug back to ya. I hope what I said helps you to know why I am here. And why each and everyone of us are important.  

• camillegal
    edited May 2014

GMA I do understand why u'r here, when new people come in their fear is so great and what we've all experienced has been ick---we want people to feel like here we are All different scenarios and still going--True some better than others but u try to give hope that the fear they feel is normal and they'll feel a comfort from people who completely understand what's I going on. And sometimes it takes a while to find the right threads to feel comfortable in and after u might even change, but there is something for everyone no matter what their feeling is at the time--We're in this nitemare together in strange ways, but we can share some laughs too. And BTW u seem much better lately and I'm so glad u do.--u'r a nice giving person GMA and I hope u'r blessed with better and better days.

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

still in pain but acupuncture seems to be keeping me out of the basement.  It will be a long process until we know if it will help my nerve pain but it seems to be making other things change.  I'm in the middle of remapping my nervous system.  

I also found out peppermint essential oil, if you sniff it it will short-circuit your pain receptors.  For me, it makes how I feel about pain different. Its still there but i don't stress so much about it.  

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited May 2014

Gma,

What you said was beautiful.  I too come here for many of the same reasons.  If I can make someone laugh or even just smile.  But I also come because it puts things in perspective for me too.  Unfortunately there is always someone worse off.  And it makes me feel bad for them, but it also makes sure I appreciate what I have and where I am at.  That may be me one day.  YOu can also find people with similar situations and some are doing great and some not as much.  This whole thing is such a friggin' crap shoot.  No rhyme, no reason and it sure as hell doesn't make any sense.

Oh and BTW!  The acupuncture sounds encouraging. I hope you continue to feel better and better.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited May 2014

Where are all the Hoolies Hiding?.

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

I'm Here

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2014

• april485
    edited May 2014

I'm here despite being sad about the deaths we have experienced. I wouldn't leave cause of this...just really hate this disease and cannot understand why so much money gets pumped into wars and things that kill and maim when there are so many people dying way too soon...other than that, I am happy to be a part of this community and it does help me to process this BC bull crap.

xoxo to all of you

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

New goal for the week: Find a "Happy Place" and stay there. It seems from my research, happy places, scents, thoughts will kill pain receptors in the brain and bring you out of chronic pain. Worth a try.  This is the lesson that explains what pain does to your brain and how to get the "Happy Place" back: ttp://www.neuroplastix.com/.../brain-and-pain-lecture-4.pdf

Little Bow Pink is bringing you all a smile. She has stayed with me through this cr...p and never judged or gave me grief.  She is my Happy Place.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited May 2014

Gma, I haven't tried it for chronic pain but it sure works for medical procedures. Mine is a beach in Hawaii.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Mine is seeing my  Grayson stand, even though it is not alone....and my hope is one day she will

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

I love her new way of getting around Ducky!  She looks so happy.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

gma........she is......and so is her GG, which is what she calls me.......hugs girlfriend.......

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2014

IM HAVIN GG#4 

ITS A GIRL

FROM MY GS WHO HAD THAT BAD ACCIDENT IN 2010

Nuthing can ruin my day

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2014

yay Fire, great news.

• april485
    edited May 2014

Congrats FK!

Ducky, Greyson is so beautiful!!

I can't wait until my first grandchild arrives in October!! So excited!! The cycle of life continues and that is as it should be.

xoxox to all! Off to work!

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Congrats! FireKracker!

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

thank u,thank u

It was almost 4 yrs ago that my GS almost lost his life

Today God is blessing him in Oct.with a baby girl

I'm in baby heaven

• april485
    edited May 2014

Life is so precious and now a baby to love and spoil! Congrats to you AND your son Firekracker! May the good Lord bless and keep you all safe and enjoy that little one!

My upcoming grandchild is what is keeping me sane right now while my life spirals out of control all around me.

Guess I am in the basement lately, even with the many blessings I have been lucky enough for God to bless me with INCLUDING finding my breast cancer at the earliest possible stage it could be.

Life is wonderful and I know that in my brain. I guess Mother's Day is playing a big role in my feelings this week. I miss my Mom so much (this is only my second Mother's Day without her!) and now I don't have my Mother in law either since she died of colon cancer at the end of December.

Just have to keep counting those blessings!

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

April..........hang in there girlfriend............the basement door is locked......no one is allowed down there........tell her FK...........We hold the key, and no one goes there.....

• wren44
    edited May 2014

April, I think it's pretty normal for mother's day to deepen your feelings of loss. My Mom died in 1984 and I still feel a pang when I realize I can't send her a card. Maybe planting a flower she liked would help make a more positive feeling. Or give a bouquet to someone in a nursing home who doesn't have family.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Wren......my mother died in 1984 also......I was an only child, so she and I were as close as 2 people could be........I had no father, so it was just the her and me.................She use to hum the song...."You and me  Against the World".....sometimes it seems like you and me against the world......when all others turned there backs and walked away.....you can count on me to stay......remember when the circus came to town, and you were frightened by the clown......wasn't it nice to be around someone that you knew....someone who was big and strong and looking out for ....You and me against the world.....sometimes it seems like you and me against the world........and for all the times we cried....we always knew that "God" was on our side...........and when one of us is gone..and just one of us is left to carry on.....then remembering will have to do...........our memories alone will see us through.....think about the days of me and you.......you and me against the world...........

That was what she sang to me, .........all I have are memories but they are treasures........that is the way she lived her life......For Me..........and I miss her dearly............she was a wonderful mother and grandmother......and a great grandmother for just 2 years.........

Sorry ladies......I got carried away............

• wren44
    edited May 2014

Thanks Ducky.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2014

Hugs ducky no worries, my mom died in 1986 of cervical cancer @ 62, although I am adopted and of course yhere was times we didn't get along..my biological mothe died in 1994 @ 62 of a recurrence of bc after 15 years, mine was 14 years, great legacy she left me, sorry for the vent

Blondie aka sandy

Happy mother's day weekend

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

hugs sandy

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

Mother's Day is full of the good and the bad

Yes I'm happy for my children

Yes I'm happy my GS is alive

Yes I. Miss my MOTHER

My mother was the best,she was mother and father to me

But

Most of all I think of  my 6 friends I lost this year.

How r their family coping ....the first year without their moms...

What a bag of mixed emotions this MOTHERS DAY is gonna be