Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2014

Agree with Fk. 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2014

thanks GmaFoley

How r u doin? 

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2014

Agree with the kracker

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

I HATE THIS DAMN DISEASE

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2014

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! XOXOXO

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

Happy Mothers Day to all

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2014

Happy Mother's Day to all.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited May 2014

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Ladies that know my nerve pain issue. - After 3 acupuncture treatments and sniffing peppermint essential oil, I have been able to short circuit the pain receptors and ease the pain. Friday I had 8 hours of NO PAIN. Problem is, I felt so good, I decided to plant a few herbs and beans in the garden. Within a half hour of doing that I had a severe pain attack, BUT I got my peppermint oil out, thought of a happy place and managed to bring the pain level down to tolerable without extra pain meds. Just thought you all would like to know.

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

awww GmaF I'm so happy for u

U sound so good

Keep up the good work

It's time for u to be pain free

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2014

gma........Double WOW..........I am so happy for you..........OMG.........that is such great news.............just remember........take it easy......don't overdo it..............baby steps..............I know acupuncture can do wonders.................now the peppermint oil is new to me, but if the acupuncturist told you to do it, I believe it.......................believe me I am so happy for you......you have no idea...............Fantastic news.................share it......others need to know...................many don't believe it, but I did it once and was convinced...............my kids are true believers......

I am tempted to try it for my LE, but am concerned with the little puncture wounds, but am going to ask her..........I did once, and she said "oooooo, not sure about LE arm......maybe not good idea"..............so we did not try it, but I am going to look into it further.........

Again so happy for you.............hell I'm almost giddy...........LOL

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited May 2014

yeah GMA. So glad that you are finding a way to help with your pain!!!

Cindy AKA Squishy

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

My Acupuncturist works on the opposite side for the LE and gave me something called Lamanaria 4 - It is supposed to help with lymph flow.  My PCP told me to give it a try, but it can effect thyroid because it is seaweed/kelp and has alot of iodine.  She will just keep an eye on my thyroid function to make sure.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Gma.....sounds so good, I am sounding like a broken record, but I am so happy for you......I heard from other sources that Kelp is great for us....but yes you are right about the iodine.........hugs

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited May 2014

Gma, Good news. I'm going to go out and buy peppermint oil on my next trip to the grocery.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2014

Wow G'ma, peppermint oil of all things. Who knew? Am thrilled for you as I know you have suffered! xoxo

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Ok ladies............while your at it you can use peppermint oil for getting rid of mice, and ants..........ok...............stop laughing...........its true.

Put some on a cotton ball where you think the mouse is coming in.....especially if it is a hole like around a pipe...of wall.................they hate the smell

Now ......ants............draw a line where you see them coming in.............voila.......they hate it too........drew a circle around one, and watched it go nuts trying to get out of the circle.............ok, call me a sadist.........I hate ants..............mice too...........its not expensive............takes very little....on a Q-tip for the ants.........abut $7.00 for a small bottle............might be cheaper online if you can get free shipping.......

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

I'm ready to try the peppermint for my heartburn

I heard it was good

Gotta go,babysitting

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Make sure it is pure Essential Peppermint oil - Synthetic oils won't work. Edit: And it can't be other mints - it has to be peppermint.

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Also To see why it works go to lesson 4 under the patient side of this website: http://www.neuroplastix.com/styled-4/education.html

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited May 2014

GMA - I am SOOOOOOO happy to hear that you are having some pain free time!!!  I am restarting acupuncture as well - in fact my appt is tomorrow.  I'll try the peppermint oil as well.  Thanks for telling us about it!!

Also, Ducky, when I had acupuncture before, I asked her to not "needle me" on my no lymph side.  I haven't experienced any lymphedema, but didn't want to take a chance.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Yes, it  has to be pure..............none of that stuff that smells like peppermint, but isn't.......mine is pure and potent...........

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

well nuthin else worked

Tomorrow I'm gonna try it

And everyone nose I tried everything

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2014

yay GMA....

hugs Fire!!!

• FireKracker
    edited May 2014

how u doin Blondie? 

• juliaanna
    edited May 2014

Gma, So happy to hear you are feeling better.

My STFU moment- After almost 14 years, I was let go from work last Thursday.  "Not a team player and I don't know how to supervise anymore."

Trying to find my happy place.  At least it was sunny and 78 here today.  

Take care, everyone.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited May 2014

Julia, That's the pits. Don't you wish they would give you the real reason: they are going to hire someone younger and just starting out for close to minimum wage. Good luck in finding something you like even better. Hugs.

• juliaanna
    edited May 2014

Wren,

Thanks.  I certainly would have more respect for the administration if he would have just ask me to leave instead.  NW Ladies are working on another meeting, you in?