Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2014

Wanted you all to know that I went for my yearly visit with the oncologist yesterday and he said whatever I'm doing, keep doing it . My labs all came back in the normal range, including my Vitamin D.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited November 2014

hey lady, good going and keep on keeping!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited November 2014

April.. Your grand-baby is just beautiful :-)

Gma.. So happy for you getting great results.. It must feel so good to hear those words.have you been taking vitimin D supplements?

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited November 2014

April, Beautiful baby!

All you ladies posting pics of your wonderful grandbabies are making my ovaries ache!

Gma, Doing a happy dance for your great results!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited November 2014

Wonderful Gma!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited November 2014

I'm so far behind

And

It's bco that was givin me the problem

April,baby is adorable..a keeper.

I can't scroll back to see what everyone said and who ever nose me nose my memory went a long time ago

I'm afraid to type too much cause I just might lose this post

Alyson,,,R u a witch now?...I could teach U a few tricks.ha

I'm gonna try my luck on a few threads

Don't forget the party the day after Thanksgiving

I'll be back...xo

• gmafoley
    edited November 2014

Lucy, I use Bio-D forte drops. My numbers have gone from 19 to 58/62 within a year of taking them.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2014

Yay gma

Staying home watching football, kids r cooking first time..no stress it is finally  about us, not being selfish,  we deserve to do whatever  we want it has beebn a hell of a year 4 alot of us.

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2014

Looks like I'm going to have to break it gently to my mom about us not coming up there for Thursday. Just got to figure out what to say and tough if she don't like it.

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

good morning

I still lose posts....grrrrr

Just checkin

BBL

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited November 2014

Mommy, tell her you are really just not up to it due to your chemo regimen and that you get exhausted really easily these days and could she please understand that just this once, you cannot find the energy to make the trip. Tell her that rest is very important according to your doctors and that they really feel that you should not be around a lot of people due to germs etc at this time while you are in active treatment.  (provided you are still in active treatment otherwise, I got nuthin...)

If that does not work, I have no words for you to say to her. Hugs and best of luck!

• gmafoley
    edited November 2014

This week has been a horrible week - Tigger dog went outside Sunday night and disappeared into the dark. Couldn't find her anywhere. 5 hours later, A neighbor found her lost and confused. The dementia has set in and she lost her bearings and couldn't find her way back to the house. Great family of neighbors on our mountain. She isn't doing to well after her adventure. Guess it was on her bucket list.

This is how I want to remember my Furbaby, Tigger. She is a fighter at 15 years old. She is still eating and coming to see me and going potty outside (or on her puppy pads). She has been my companion through my fight with BC. I love her so much.

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2014

oh no! Poor Tigger!

Told my mom we weren't coming up next Thursday as if I get the new kitten which looks highly likely to happen this weekend, that I don't feel comfortable leaving it alone with the dog for an extended period of time (even though he has been raised around cats and I know he wouldn't do it any harm, but she don't need to know that). She got all huffy with me over it and proceeded to make it all my hubby's fault. I let her rant til she hung up.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited November 2014

(((G'ma and Tigger)))) Tigger is beautiful! I know this pain well unfortunately...so very hard!

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

well I just had some updates

Let's see if this works

I'm missin all my sistas

• PoppyK
    edited November 2014

Hugs Gma! I love, love, love my animals, just as you love Tigger. I hope Tigger feels better/more secure now that the adventure is over and she's back home.

Mommy, sorry you are having drama with your mamma over Thanksgiving.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited November 2014

Gentle hugs GMA. I'm so sorry.

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2014

Poppy, it isn't just Thanksgiving that she does this, its every holiday! Done with the drama that she creates!

• proudtospin
    edited November 2014

Poppy, I understand your thing, my SIL is much the same but she invites me for the weekend but tells me there is no room and I should get a hotel room~~~

have found that I have pals who are much more fun to visit and much less drama, and closer

wanna come to NJ?

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

We have Thanksgiving at my GDs every year

Everyone helps with the cooking except one of her SIL who sits and watches everyone take care of her kids

Of course I don't cause I'm helpin

Basically it's a fun day

I think I betta stfu

• gmafoley
    edited November 2014

Ladies, on top of my sad news I have great news - The insurance approved my breast reduction for my pain relief! Only one catch - I have to have it done before Dec. 31st... They just called me and surgery is set for Dec. 4th!!!! - Panic is in motion!!!!!

• proudtospin
    edited November 2014

GMA, great news and hope it relieves your pain.  Note...my sister has a reduction (not related to BC) but they removed 5# from each boob!  figure you will likely have the same so hoping you are as pleased as she was

• gmafoley
    edited November 2014

I told him to take as much as needed to lessen movement. He also said he could make me a nipple being my other nipple was taken off because it was in the margin.

Here's a funny from this morning. - This is what happens in the morning when you are trying to be quiet and get your slippers when hubby is still sleeping.

• Lucy55
    edited November 2014

Gma..HaHa.. Love your slippers :-D Great news about your breast reduction !!

• PoppyK
    edited November 2014

Gma, I have slippers just like the ones on the left foot!

I am so happy you received the approval from your insurance. CRAZY that you have to have the surgery before the end of the year.

Three women in my family have had breast reductions, including me as part of my cancer surgery. It took all of us a while to recover. My surgeon stated one week recovery for every hour of surgery. We also slept either in a recliner or surrounded by pillows for the first few weeks. That said, we all are happy to have relief from the back pain.

Wishing you a quick, easy recovery!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2014

Gma sorry bout the puppy, n congrats on the br

Mommy honestly  the kitten thing sounds lame, i would have used the cancer thing, but was u r call.

What will happen at  Christmas 

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2014

Gma congrats on your news.

Blondie, I'll tell her that since no one comes to my house, why should I go to theirs because the road goes both ways.

• Lucy55
    edited November 2014

Firekracker...yep, there's always one who sits back.and let's everyone else do all the work!!

• gmafoley
    edited November 2014

My furbaby, Tigger died peacefully in my arms this afternoon. Hardest thing I ever did. Vet was very kind and compassionate.

Tigger nuzzled my right breast and actually alerted me something was wrong. She stayed by my side and gave me snuggles and licks all the way through my treatment. She will be missed.

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited November 2014

(((((GMA))))) so sorry for your loss..