Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited November 2014

hahaha......such funny stories!

I just want to say a special thank you to FK. Thank you for having these parties every month. We are all truly blessed to have you here on BCO.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited November 2014

I posted this on another thread about TG day culinary mishaps, but I thought I would share it here too cause it is so funny!

One year my Mom came a day early to help me prepare TG dinner cause I was having 21 people that year. On TG morning, we got up very early to get the massive turkey in the oven so it would be ready by early afternoon. She had just put a coating of vegetable oil all over the huge bird and rubbed it in meticulously so that it was all covered (makes for a perfectly browned skin, try it!) and then she asked me where my salt and pepper were. I told her that I had a container of kosher salt (I use that exclusively when I cook) in a bowl in the cabinet next to the stove and the pepper mill was on the back of the stove.

Well, she did not ask which cupboard I meant and went in the right one instead of the left. I keep baking supplies in the right one. She pulled a container out that contained GRANULATED SUGAR and completely coated the bird with it. Then she added pepper. When the bird came out, it was VERY brown, almost black and kind of gooey looking skin...LOL.

Everyone LOVED it and thought the skin was the best part. Said it was sweet and nutty tasting. I realized what she had done as soon as I tasted it. I said "Mom, what cupboard did you take the salt from" and she pointed to my baking cupboard!

It all worked out in the end.

Then there was the Xmas eve at my Mom's when the septic tank backed up and we had a house full of guests and it smelled like a sewer at our house..LOL

Gotta love the holidays!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited November 2014

image.

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

look who I found on FB

Ducky,,U wore worried about Alyson?

They r havin their own party

Alyson,RAE and Chrissyb...don't no the other 2...

She is supposed to stop by later

I just woke up...

I really ate too much...

Thank God Thanksgiving only comes once a yr.

BBL

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited November 2014

April...HaHa..Funny story :-D I can imarine that the turkey your mum made was yummy.. I have a turkey recipe where you mix togather honey,mustard and garlic, and coat the whole turkey with it before cooking.. The turkey tastes delicious and the house smells wonderful while it cooks.

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

Thanksgivings dinner is still stuck in my stomach

Wonder if anyone did Black Friday shopping

I'm sure U have stories if u did

All my stories were on the thread all month....so much for waiting!!!!!!

I am really greatful that im alive....the only person I no who is even close to my age and has 1more great grand is Ducky

My friends R still having grands...

I feel so blessed to have lived this long seen 4 great grands....

Enuf....I'll be back...hopefully in a party mood

Maybe I'll take out my CFM shoes....that always puts a smile on my face.

BBL

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited November 2014

Great picture of Alyson and Chrissyb!

Ducky.....that story always makes me laugh! Kids say the darnedest things. They are always so honest.

Such a funny story April! It's nice when mishaps turn out well.

Here is my funny story I posted on that thread.

My Mother had an injured fingernail that was always discolored. She was very self conscious about it and always wore a bandaid to cover it up. One year we sat down to dinner and she realized the bandaid was missing. Of course the great mystery was what dish it had fallen into. It ended up in the stuffing. She also made bandaid meatballs once. I'm sure that's why I'm so anal about my kitchen. I always use plastic gloves for anything that requires hand mixing. Oh the childhood trauma!

I sure do miss my Mom. I have so many funny stories about her. She was a hoot.

Kracker....I feel crappy today too. No time to rest though. We put up our outside Christmas lights.

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

thanksgiving eve

Goin to my sistas MIL

Extra ppl showed

We cleaned 10 lbs of potatoes and picked up the bar of soap layin in the sink

And then it bubbled over

Soap all over the kitchen

If looks could kill I would be deayup Ducky out of the mouths off babe

• Lucy55
    edited November 2014

Slow.. oh no :-o I can imagine how terrible your Mum must of felt..:-o And if your family is anything like ours the story would've been bought up at every occasion forever and ever :-) :-)

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited November 2014

Good stories! Hope the party continues!

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

have fun later

I'm done

I really feel like crap

Have a great time

I'm headin over to the bonefire to say gnite

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited November 2014

The soap thing sounds like something out of I Love Lucy. Too funny.

Lucy, we always talk about my Moms escapades at our family get togethers.

Thanks for all the stories. Really made my night.

Hope you all sleep well tonight.

Beppy ツ

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2014

Still party time here in Auckland NZ. Having great fun chatting.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2014

Alyson...why the hell do I keep putting you in Australia.............I do need serious help......well at least your ok......LO

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

does anyone no the other 2 ladies in the pic?

I no RAE lives about 2 hrs.from Alyson..

Ducky,,,I need to learn my Geography...

Still don't no east from west...I come from Brooklyn where it's uptown and downtown.

It's nice and cold here and im still kinda sick from Thanksgiving,,,but I'm ignoring it..

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2014

Where did the pic go? You don't know the other two they seem to stay on our Aussie and Kiwi threads. image

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

well hello

I hope u r still together

Wonderful pics. Alyson

U looked like U had so much fun

I was so happy to see RAE...She looks wonderful...

And the famous Chrissyb...everyone loves her and admires her

Keep goin and don't look down

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2014

Panic mode ladies - I hate hospitals and just found out I have to stay after my breast reduction. Weds is pre-op and Thurs at 1pm (pacific time) is my surgery... All I want to do right now is cry... I need to breathe and be strong. but it has been a hell year and I it is all coming to a head during the holidays.

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

U can do this GmaF

After all that U have been throu(since I no u) U were always in pain

I'm putting U on my prayer lists

Is it too early for a group hugggggggg?

I'm in....praying too

U CAN DO THIS...

• Lucy55
    edited November 2014

Gma.. Sorry you are upset over this.and I know how nerves set in as the time gets closer .But just think it will all be a over and done with soon. Sending you prayers and a group hug.

• FireKracker
    edited November 2014

GmaF

I put U on my prayer list

Hundreds and hundreds of ppl will be prayin for U

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited November 2014

Gma, Praying for you! I stayed overnight after my lumpectomy/reduction/lift surgery, too. I didn't want to, but the hospital bed was a Godsend. I could sleep in a reclined position, which was much easier with my wrapped breasts. I could raise the head of the hospital bed to help me get out of bed and to the bathroom.

Big hugs sent your way! We will be in your pocket this entire week!

Poppy

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2014

GMA...........hang in there girlfriend..........think of the result, and not of the surgery......you will be better off in the hospital..........and the reclining position is for sure.......when i had my rotator cuff surgery I could not sleep laying down for 2 weeks.......thank God for my recliner.........think positive........what elese can you do.......hugs and prayers

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited November 2014

I know you can do this GMA. You're a strong lady and you have us all cheering you on.

We will all be in your pocket!!!

Gentle hugs!!!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited December 2014

Gma u can do this, it is just a blip in the radar, u have madeit so far...hang in therd

• gmafoley
    edited December 2014

I ended up with chills and a cough last night. My body aches all over. What am I going to do? Very sad. Hoping I can pass through this bug quickly. Should I call the surgeon's office and reschedule or give it another day? I have to have it done by the 31st or insurance won't pay for it. I don't know if he has any more openings. :(

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2014

G'ma, give it a day or so. Could be partly nerves fueling this bug. Hugs and hope it works out for you!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited December 2014

Gma, I will be thinking of you and praying all goes well for you.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2014

I took some homeopathic flu stuff hoping it would move me through the process quicker. Seemed to do the trick.. Went from scratchy throat and postnasal drip to fever and cough in less than 4 hours.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited December 2014

Hope its over for you soon