Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited December 2014

I hope you feel better for your surgery GMA.

It's a bit odd - I also had surgery on Dec. 4 last year, and had a fever when admitted.

They ended up still doing the surgery.

You and I will share a surgery anniversary!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited December 2014

Gma.. Thinking of you, and hoping you get well very quickly ((Hugs))

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited December 2014

Gma, Hope you are feeling better soon. It's a big surgery, but it will bring you so much relief! Prayers and hugs sent your way!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited December 2014

still prayin

Only a little differently

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited December 2014

Group hug for GMA

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2014

Ended up in urgent care yesterday. Tested me for the flu and it came back positive. I also have bronchitis. On tamiflu and antibiotics. Fever is down. They rescheduled surgery for the 11th. Last time I go out with DD for black Friday. That's probably where I picked it up.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited December 2014

Gma, sorry to hear your surgery was rescheduled.

• Lucy55
    edited December 2014

Gma.. Oh sorry this had to happen, especially now... But so pleased for you that you have a new date for your surgery.. Praying for a speedy recovery for you. ((( Hugs)))

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited December 2014

well what is is so now rest, tea and try not to stress and you will get through this time

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited December 2014

Gma, Oh, no! Flu and bronchitis! Praying for your quick and complete recovery! Glad you got a new date for surgery.

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

good morning

Been so busy with this gf diet

Cookin,bakin...I hate it

Gma..i saw on the bonefire that U were cancelled

As slow told me,it was meant to be...just get betta and feel good

I'm off to the dentist...grrrrr..another pain in the arse..

BBL

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2014

((((G'ma)))) Feel better chica! sorry you had to reschedule your much awaited surgery but at least it is soon! Hugs!

• gmafoley
    edited December 2014

Note to all my friends - if a doc ever tries to give you Tamiflu to fight your virus - be warned - it puts your body into hyperdrive to kill the bug fast, but in the process, your heart races and the aching joint pain is worse than childbirth.. I think I'm past the worst of it, but the last two days have been horrible.

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

GmaF

I read somewhere a while ago to put onions around the house.....kills germs...all kinds

I do it every flu season...

Prayin U get betta fast

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited December 2014

Thought it was garlic!

Hope you have had a good day.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited December 2014

Get well soon GMA!! Good to know about Tamiflu.

I don't believe in flu shots. The only year I got a flu shot, I got the flu and was sick as a dog.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2014

Me too. The pain in the joints the first couple of days seemed as bad as natural childbirth. I have gone through every symptom in the book - scratchy throat, postnasal drip, joint aches, fever, chills, dizzy, headache, nausea, the runs, now cough. I managed to keep my cpap on almost all night. This morning the dizzy has stopped good enough I can work. Hopefully, the worst is over. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Good news is that maybe I will be with the grandsons for Christmas. My drains should be coming out around the 19th.. Hmm. I put the Lord in charge of this plan.. I'm just along for the ride.

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

good morning

I see GmaF is doin betta...yay

I read the article a while back about the onions...of course garlic can't hurt cause they both R antibiotic...

A Dr.did this study in the 30s.One family did not get the flu and he went to the house and saw the onions..sice I read that I keep onions out in the kitchen...can't hurt..I don't take the shot either...only after I got the beast...just one time...I was ok but I'm not takin it again..

BBL

• Lucy55
    edited December 2014

Gma.. Glad you are starting to feel better.. You've certainly been through a tough patch. I 've really tried to hand things over to The Lord too since this BC diagnosis... I need him to be in charge, because I certainly have no control over anything anymore. Take care xx

• proudtospin
    edited December 2014

guess I am the exception as I get flue shots every year.  I have lots of allergies and asthma and docs at this time of year start talking about preventing bronchitis and pneumonia so this is part of the preventive

nope, no real issues after the shot although one year spent a day feeling flu-ish but no more

• gmafoley
    edited December 2014

After this, things might change - it was a bad one and had bronchitis with it. But this afternoon only a few coughs and fever is down. Good to because - craziness has just started - Got a call from the PS office that they had to change the time on surgery to noon instead of 1:30 and told me my Pre-op is on Monday the 8th - DH and I will make the trip to Portland and back that day(7 hours). Then we will go back up to my DD on the 10th. Back in panic mode.

• proudtospin
    edited December 2014

GMA, stay cool and best wishes for a successful surgery

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2014

No Alyson........garlic is for Vampires.........LO

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited December 2014

For GMA

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

that's rite....just breathe

My PT taught me a breathing relaxing method

Take a few min.

SMELL THE ROSES,BLOW OUT THE CANDLES...10x...nice and easy

I do it just before I go to sleep

I'm still prayin for U GmaF...

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited December 2014

Checking in here (last time was August, I think...)
    Gma, hugs and prayers....hoping you feel better and go into your surgery feeling strong.
    FK, I love the breathing tip.  It's a good focus...
    Am tired...cannot imagine retiring but I can't catch up.  Maybe it's because every week end has been scheduled for two months...
    I fall asleep every night and don't get on here much...but in 2 weeks when classes end, I will have some breathing room at last.
    Hugs to all...
    Joan

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

good morning

Nice to see u Joan

We need to catch up...

Maybe when U have CHRISTMAS break

Miss u

Gotta get ready to do tree trimming at my bldg...

Bb

• Lucy55
    edited December 2014

Gma..Oh. More changes.. Never seems to end does it.. That certainly a lot of travelling you have to do for your appointments.. I know I would be in panic mode too, but just try to "go with the flow ".. one day at a time.. All this will be behind you soon.. And you'll really beable to celebrate Christmas 🎄 this year with a happy heart .

SLOW ..I love the "note to self " that you posted for Gma 😃

• gmafoley
    edited December 2014

And small tata's Winking. Every time I breathe I cough - finally gave in and used my inhaler. AHHHHH! Now I can breathe.

• proudtospin
    edited December 2014

GMA, keep that inhaler by your side!  yeap, yoga breathing is wonderful for getting my BP down, I always do it before any nasty tests so figure, do some OOOOHHHHMMMMmmms and find some calm!

small tatas sound good to me