Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited February 2015

FK.. Sorry you are having hot flashes ..Yes go to the doctors.. You'll feel better once your checked out..

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited February 2015

FK ...I vote for the call to doc, could be flu? but best to check it out as you have been having this for a while, best of luck

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited February 2015

Which dr?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2015

Your PCP.......others won't do anything........

• proudtospin
    edited February 2015

yes, I would be in touch with my PCD as mine is great on stuff like do not know what is wrong thing~~

• FireKracker
    edited February 2015

where I live the dr.r shit

I think I'll go to my natural Dr.

When I asked my internist for a good stomach dr in or near Honesdale he said there R none

I only go to him for blood work

I answered my own question

Thanks

Xo

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,695
    edited February 2015

grrrrrrrrrrrr! Really need to vent. Was supposed to go to my appointment with PS today but my ride cancelled on me last night! Talk about last minute! So now I have to see if I can get another appointment on a day that hubby can take me, because at this point he's the only one I can rely on! Getting tired of people that I know offering me a ride and then cancelling on me! They were the ones who offered me the rides, I didn't ask for them to do this!

• FireKracker
    edited February 2015

good morning

I hear U Mommy

Right now I don't drive but this spring I will

I hate to depend on anyone

My GD usually takes me everywhere but rite now she has her hand full

Sooo

I asked a sweet lady(who cleans my apt) to do me a favor and take me today where I need to go

THE KEY IS I PAY HER

She called this morning ASKIN me what time I need to go

MONEY WALKS BULLSHIT TALKS..

• proudtospin
    edited February 2015

Mommy, that stinks but have you done the above?  find a limo to drive you and pay them?  I did in the beginning when I was too embarrassed to ask folks for help.  And yeah it is weird that some who claim to be so supportive will not give you a ride~~

Now when someone near me is diagnosed, my first offer is do you need a ride, call me.

FK...I just heard on the news that hot flashes and meno pause can last up to 7-10 years~~~maybe you are in your second round of menopause.

• m0mmyof3
    edited February 2015

Well, after I had posted about me not having a ride for my appointment today, I got a call from the person who was supposed to take me. Was able to go to my appointment after all. The forecaster was wrong about the roads being bad as they had originally predicted and so she was able to take me.

• FireKracker
    edited February 2015

PTS

I went into menopause when I was 40

Hot flashes day and nite

So

I went on the hormones for 10 yrs.

Then my internist said enuf..go off them

As soon as I went off them the hot flushes came back with a vengeance

That's 2x

Now at the ripe old age of 74 it's back....

Thats34 yrs.on and off

I'm too old for this now

Mommy...glad U got a ride

PTS was the biggest helper I had when I lived in NJ.....remembering the bras gives me a chuckle...

Bbl

• proudtospin
    edited February 2015

well shopping with FK is a hoot let me tell you!  if there are 5 colors, she needs them all!,

oh gee, went to gym to swim and just as I was getting ready to hit the shower manager came in and said water main break, no hot water!  another victim of the dang weather~~

• duckyb1
    edited February 2015

Glad you laugh at your friggin bra bru haha..................I still have nightmares about it.................

• Lucy55
    edited February 2015

FK.. Hmmm..When I was telling a friend , about your age, about my hot flashes she said that after menopause her body thermostat has never returned to normal.. She said it wasn't as bad as when she was actually going through it, but she still has hot flashes too.

Ducky..Sounds as if I have missed out on a lot of fun not being around for FK ' s bra buying saga. 😃 !!

PTS ..What a great idea to offer others a lift .Are you in a local support group as well as this site ? I've been thinking about joining one .

Mommy ..Glad you got your ride. !!

• proudtospin
    edited February 2015

Lucy, I do not belong to any local support group, never really found one actually.  But since a ride for tests was my biggest challenge, I always volunteer that to anyone who tells me that they have been diagnosed.  Some never take me up on it but at least they feel that they have the option.

As a survivor, I think we should offer support where we can to others starting this whole shit!

• Lucy55
    edited February 2015

I definitely agree.. We all need to help each other.. It's just I tend to take a meal over to someone's house, when really its probably much more helpful to offer the lift like you are doing..

• FireKracker
    edited February 2015

every little bit helps

U be surprised how many ppl have no one

A meal is great

Oh those damn bras...hahaha..who ever was not around when I was goin crazy tryin to find bras missed a lot of fun....the joke was on me...I spent a small fortune on bras that not too many worked for me...

My flushes R not as bad as the first time....eventually I'll go have it checked...

It's beautiful here..first time in a long time I went out without a scarf...

Bbl

• m0mmyof3
    edited February 2015

When a neighbor of mine's BIL started his cancer journey of a different kind, I talked to my neighbor and gave him lots of advice to pass on to his BIL and family. Since I did this, I have been thanked many times by my neighbor for having done this. He even goes as far as to call me an inspiration because of all I have had to face.

• proudtospin
    edited February 2015

then you did good girl!

• FireKracker
    edited February 2015

• m0mmyof3
    edited February 2015

FK, that is so true!

Thanks proud, I do my best to help others when and where I can.

• proudtospin
    edited February 2015

Love that thought and we should all remember the countless things that we need to get past all this crud

• m0mmyof3
    edited February 2015

Indeed!

• Lucy55
    edited February 2015

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2015

Just got to DD and SIL house - Had a 3.5 hour drive to my plastic surgeon's office today.

• FireKracker
    edited February 2015

I'm here

It's late and I have been busy on the phone

One of my oldest dear friend just called me and told me they found a mass on her liver

I was a mess all day...

Just wanted to say hi everyone..

Good luck GmaF..glad ur safe

Tomorrow my oldest GGs is havin his birthday party so I will prolly be off the puter

Yes where is everyone

• duckyb1
    edited February 2015

I'm here....and ...............IT'S SNOWNG......image

• proudtospin
    edited February 2015

totally agree, I just looked out the window, bullshit is falling

• m0mmyof3
    edited February 2015