Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ladies in their 30s?

Options

Comments

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited March 2013
    Options

Dramierez Welcome to this group, we all wish none of us had to be here! But glad you found us! You are NOT alone in this at all!

Sue- Welcome as well. How many and old are your children? I will check that article out!

Latte- I dont see a problem with it, although I didnt start this thread. As long as the others do not object! I see you were dx'd in 2010- when/how did they find your mets?

Nbnotes- insurance is a nightmare!

Jena- How'd round 3 go?

Heck of a week Mon/Tue one child was sick (fever/sore throat and vomitting) Tue/Wed/Thur my other was sick same symptoms then Wed/Thur the last little one running fever and sore throat! then today i felt like crap! I can never tell if the vomitting is from the chemo or this bug but it sure did hit me!

But i am back for the time being!

• j1e1n1a
    j1e1n1a Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2013
    Options

Texasrose... sorry you and kiddos have not been feeling well...I hope you feel better over the weekend. You have so much on your plate!

Hope everybody is well...

3rd round went okay, but I do feel tired compared to normal...working 5 days/week may contribute...LOL. Having a little swelling in legs,aches ...could be worse just feeling whiney.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited March 2013
    Options

Texasrose, sickness is so yucky! And I always feel so sorry for the kids when they get sick. It's just so pitiful! And I hate that you picked it up too.

J1e1n1a, you are allowed to whine...anytime!

Just wanted to let all you ladies know that I had really great scan results! No cancer in my breast, chest wall, or lymph nodes! The 3 spots on my liver reduced by 50% in dec and now they are minuscule! The spot on my spine is stable.my docks going to present my case to some university docs to figure out next steps with the liver. So many options. I will also be deciding at some point between lumpectomy w rads or mastectomy. I will continue h/p and xgeva shot. I will add tomoxifen to the mix at some point. Just thought i would share my good news!!!

• j1e1n1a
    edited March 2013
    Options

Kjones13-so happy that you are doing so well. News like this is so nice to hear. So happy for you. :-)

• Kaelia
    Kaelia Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2014
    Options

Texasrose, I hope you and the kids feel better soon.

Jena, it's not easy working full-time and enduring sucky S.E. at the same time- with that said, you are so allowed to vent! 

Kjones, woot woot! This is such great news!!! Keep us posted on what options they give you for the liver.

I am having my next scans this week and I am sooo nervous about the outcome. I am so grateful for these boards where we can all share our fears and joys!

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited March 2013
    Options

Texasrose - Hope you guys are feeling better quickly!

Jena - You didn't sound whiney, but you are free to whine anytime. Hope the fatigue & everything lifts soon

Kjones13 - Congrats on a good scan!

• brandall
    brandall Member Posts: 97
    edited March 2013
    Options

Texasrose - I hope you and your family are feeling better!!

Jena - complain all you want!  I can't believe you are still working 5 days a week on AC!  I was down for the count with that one!  I hope you are recharging over the weekend!

Kjones - WOOHOO!!  Yay for such a great scan!  I'm so happy for you!!!

Kaelia - I'll be thinking about you this week!  I have my scans on Friday, so my anxiety has completely ramped up.  I understand how you are feeling!  I hope we both have great results!!

nbnotes - How are you feeling lady?

• Z28Femme
    Z28Femme Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2013
    Options

I'm 31, recently diagnosed (2/1/13) with stage iv, metasized to spine. I haven't started treatment yet, as I'm waiting for a biopsy result.

It is all still a shock (I don't think I have accepted it yet).

I'm amazed at how many others so young are diagnosed...

• kayrnic
    kayrnic Member Posts: 111
    edited March 2013
    Options

Welcome Z28.......so sorry you have to join us. I have mets to my spine as well. Was this your 1st diagnosis or how long since your original round? Bone mets are very manageable! I hope you will find the help and support you need.

• nbnotes
    edited March 2013
    Options

Z28 - Welcome, but I'm sorry that you have to join us!  

Brandall -- I'm feeling really good, and I was even able to get out to a concert on Friday night (got $10 tickets to see Bon Jovi - it was amazing!).  I saw my breast surgeon last week for the 1st time since being sent to my oncologist, and he mentioned that there is a lymph node on the left (non-cancer side) that is lighting up on the PTscan but was less the last time than before.  I had seen my reports and never saw the line about the lymph node so that is freaking me out a bit.  At least it is going in the right direction, and I'm trying not to panic too much before I can talk to MO on 3/15.  How are you? When do you do your hysterectomy? Is it sometime this month?

• Z28Femme
    edited March 2013
    Options

Thank you Kay,

This is my 1st dx, as I was newly diagnosed on 2/1/13 with stage iii breast cancer. I had my pet scan on 2/15/13 which confirmed metastases to the T5 spine. I also recently underwent a bronchoscopy of a lymph node in my chest, pending results. I'm currently experiencing moderate to severe pain where the lesion is on the spine.

None of this would have been known if I weren't in a car accident in January. I had no symptoms until that day. What a blessing....

• j1e1n1a
    edited March 2013
    Options

Z28femme-Welcome...and so sorry you have to be here. I as well was diagnosed woth mets to spine ss well as pelvis in Dec 2012. I understand how shocked you are...I was and am in the same boat. Like Kay said bone mets are managable. You will feel better when your treatment plan starts. You are in a great place for support... hugs..Jena

• kayrnic
    edited March 2013
    Options

Sorry about your pain Z28. They will probably recommend rads and for many women that seems to bring a great deal of pain relief. J1 is right. Once a treatment plan is in place, you start to feel a lot better! These first weeks are the absolute worst, but I promise, it does get better!

• Z28Femme
    edited March 2013
    Options

Thank you Jena and Kay! I'm anxious and scared to start treatments; as I need the relief in my back, but so scared to do chemotherapy. They will most likely start treating the back first with radiation, and also possibly start chemotherapy shortly after.

I'm used to going to the gym 5 days a week and now I feel so decrepit. I'm definitely looking forward to working out again...

• j1e1n1a
    edited March 2013
    Options

Z28 - Since this was discovered due to car accident...i wondered it they had done an MRI on your back.

All of our situations are different,but I had a fracture on T9 vert that did cause me some pain. my MO ended up sending me to an orthopedic for Kyphoplasty surgery before RADS to this area. Again i had a fracture...hopefully you don't and Rads will do the trick. I do not have pain now and the surgery was outpatient... just letting you know. Have a great day ladies...off to work!

• CJRT
    CJRT Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2013
    Options

I don't have much time to respond to all of you but just wanted to let you know what a source of inspiration and hope you are to me. I thought this cancer chapter was behind me for a while after being diagnosed with stage 2 back in summer of 2011 when my youngest was only 7 weeks. I was even feeling back to my old self and getting back into good shape. After a random hip tear from cardio kick boxing, an X-ray and MRI picked up the mets to my hip. Now that I went through my initial pity party, panic about leaving my children, and feeling that I lost my "survivor" status, I am thankful thay i hurt that hip and caught it and am more focused on moving forward and trying to keep this disease at bay. It is so encouraging to see you all doing so, not to feel so isolated, and to get some practical feedback from people who truly get it.

• Deyla7641
    Deyla7641 Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hi ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. I was diagnosed with a lesion on T12 and they began radiation right away. It's been 3 weeks and the pain is so much better! I also just had a mri of my brain and everything came back clear!

• Z28Femme
    edited March 2013
    Options

That is wonderful! I'm happy to hear that your pain has ceased!!! Congrats on the cancer free MRI :)

• brandall
    edited March 2013
    Options

nbnotes - I'm glad you are doing so well!  I'm having my surgery on the 20th of this month.  Met with the surgeon again yesterday and now I'm getting a bit nervous.  Do you have copies in writing of your previous scans?  I always ask for a print-out of my scans so that I can read and then re-read them myself and then compare them to future scans.  I hope the lymph node is nothing!!

Z28 - I'm sorry you have to join us :(  No one wants to be here, but at least there is a place to go where other people understand!!  Hang in there! Hopefully your pain goes away with the Rads!

CJRT - I'm sorry you are a member of this terrible club.  The good news is that there are a lot of ladies on here who are doing great with just bone mets!  Hang in there!!

Dramirez - I'm glad the rads helped with your pain.  And woohoo for a good brain MRI!

• brandall
    edited March 2013
    Options

Eek, I had a total breakdown today, even called my husband at work sobbing - I don't like to do that!  I had a pre-opp appointment today for my upcoming surgery.  The nurse was giving me an EKG and she said, "that can't be right" and then said she was going to readjust the leads.  She readjusted and did the test again and it turned out the same.  She said it was abnormal and that I had a 1st degree AV Block, ischemia and some T wave abnormality.  I started freaking out and she said, "well, it's probably nothing, the cardiologist who reads the test will call you in for a stress test if they need more info".  Well, of course I'm FREAKED out by this.  Then the NP comes in to do the rest of the pre-opp appoitment and and when I mention that I'm nervous she asks if I've had a previous EKG done.  I told her I had one done before Chemo started.  So she pulled that one up and it had the same abnormalities.  She then pulled up one from 2009 that I had done before gallbladder surgery and it had all but the 1st degree AV block abnormalities.  How come no one has mentioned this to me before?  It seems at the very least they should have said something about the one I had done in August.  So, then I went down to get my blood drawn and the lady couldn't get any blood and so she started digging around in there with a needle.  I HATE that.  I actually yelped at one point and she took it out and we had to find another vein.  At that point I just wanted to break down and cry.  At least I waited until I was back in the car.  I know the breakdown was fueled by the stress I'm feeling about my PET scan coming up on Friday.  Then you add in the other stuff on top of it and I'm a crying mess!  Yuck! 

Don't you think someone should have mentioned these abnormalities on my EKG before this?  I have a right to know!

• CJRT
    edited March 2013
    Options

So sorry brandall!!! I can totally relate. I had something similar happen the day before my mastectomy and had to scramble to have someone sign off on it. Obviously you want to know and anyone would feel the same way you did, but if it is any consolation my cardiologist and my sister (a family physician) both told me preop ekgs sometimes are incorrect bc of improper leads and are often flagged by the computer for things that a trained professional knows are not serious clinical concerns. I hope that this is the case and that you get some reassurance once the cardiologist reads it. I see your chemo regimen and assume you had some cardiac testing before bc of your regimen. I think people not qualified to give conclusions or recommendations shouldn't be allowed to open their mouths at all when it comes to stuff like this!! So sorry you have another thing thrown at you!! Hugs!!!

• nbnotes
    edited March 2013
    Options

Brandall -- So sorry! Yes, you have a right to know! I know that the pre-op stuff can be so frustrating and then add on scanxiety, and it is no wonder you had a little freak out.  I think I would have too. 

• brandall
    edited March 2013
    Options

Thank you ladies!  CJRT - that DOES make me feel better!  I think I was most freaked out because if I have heart damage already then I might not be able to get more chemo down the line if I need it!  I'm hoping since this EKG matched (or at least according to the NP it did) the one I had in August, which is pre-chemo, then maybe it's nothing!  I hope so!!!

Cancer just really sucks.  I often look at the other parents of my son's preschool classmates and get a bit jealous of their health :(

• j1e1n1a
    edited March 2013
    Options

Brandall- So sorry you had to deal with that today. I wouldn't stress too much until you have more info...easier said than done...i know. :) Since the tests matched hopefully there is more info involved than what the nurse knows or thinks she knows. I don't think you would have been given the go on the chemo if there were issues with your heart. Hang in there...I have never had the nurse give me any info...even when i pry. They always tell me I have to wait on my Dr. to get the results. Kinda makes me mad that she would say something when she is not in a position to do so. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

• SAR843
    SAR843 Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hi - I was diagnosed with stage IIIb inflammatory breast cancer on 2/28/12. I was 30 years old. This past tues 3/5/13, almost exactly a year later, I was told that the cancer is now stage IV. I'm in shock. I went throught 10 rounds of aggressive chemo, a bilateral mastectomy (with tram flap recon), and 33 rounds of radiation. I started tamoxifen the first week of January (of this year) and a few weeks later had this pain in my chest. My thought was that I pulled a muscle. It wasn't getting any better so I went to my onc and she ordered a CT and bone scan. I didn't hear from her for two weeks after and thought, well, no news is good news, then saw her on Tuesday and she said there's a spot on my sternum, and one on my femur. I had my first Lupron shot yesterday and might switch from Tamo to Femara. Dr also said I might need more chemo. I can't believe this is happening.

• CJRT
    edited March 2013
    Options

Sar- sorry to find you here but can definitely relate to what you are feeling. Very similar to what I went through last month. I am glad they are moving quickly for you too.

Brandall- I know what you mean about being jealous of the other mom's health at preschool drop off. I have been having the babysitter do it because it conflicts with my radiation and I feel like I want to blurt out that I am going to radiation and not just getting my nails done because I feel like the other moms might be thinking that.

NB- how about this cooler weather we are getting?! Love it!

I am aggravated this morning and just feel overwhelmed. I thought that I was gonna avoid surgery bc my tumor was blastic and I was not a fracture risk, but turns out somehow I developed a fracture through the ball of my femur and will now need a hip replacement. My radiation is now stopped at 11 instead od 14, and I don't know what this means for the infusion I am supposed to get next week. I don't do well when things are shifted midstream!

• brandall
    edited March 2013
    Options

SAR - I'm sorry that you have to go through this!  Cancer just really sucks!  I'm glad that you found us!

CJRT - Oh no!  I'm sorry you have to have surgery.  Do you know when you'll get your hip replaced?  I'll be thinking about you!

Well, I guess that EKG might be something to worry about.  My PCP's office called to schedule an appointment to go over my abnormal EKG.  I never hear from their office.  Boy this cancer business just keeps getting better and better *sigh*  Well, hopefully it's not too abnormal!  I'll take any positive thoughts or prayers you want to send my way, I have a PET scan tomorrow and I'm freaking out.  My lat PET in December showed "no active cancer" and I think I will just take it really hard if I only have 3 months of NED.  I probably won't get the results until Tuesday at my Onc appointment.  I know they will have the results Monday, but I know they won't call and to be honest, I'm too afraid to call!  I'm a chicken :)

• kayrnic
    edited March 2013
    Options

Brandall.......I truly hope the EKG is nothing! Scanxiety stinks, but fingers crossed that NED is still hanging around. Be sure and let us know how it goes!

• nbnotes
    edited March 2013
    Options

cjrt - Loving the cooler weather!

Brandall - Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers that you are still dancing with NED, and that the heart stuff is not anything to be concerned about.

• msvirgo828
    msvirgo828 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Options

Not alone, diagnosed at 25, mets at 30 currently 35 and in the fight!