Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

new and future flat sister, with questions

Options

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited February 2015
    Options

Wow,,, really??

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015
    Options

Yes, it was muggy in the house.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited February 2015
    Options

Full disclosure: I turned on the upstairs heat this morning because it was too cold to read the paper in bed. We have a furnace that heats the downstairs, but the 2nd floor is a finished attic and has electric baseboard heat.

I'm wearing my new compression bra. Ugh! Told DH he would never see it because it's too ugly. I left the tags on in case I just can't hack it.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,175
    edited February 2015
    Options

Bobo!!!!!!! It was damp and foggy here, no heat, no a/c

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

{{{{Birdie}}}}

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

Wren:  UGH on new compression bra.  They are ugly, aren't they.  They are no fun at all.  They only thing I can really tolerate are the breast binders from EaB Medical.

• wren44
    edited February 2015
    Options

I'm taking this one back. It gives me uniboob and shows beneath a T shirt. My entire wardrobe consists of T shirts. I wonder if the Valetta would give me enough compression. I would never go anywhere with just a camisole; I'm too old for that look.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

I work at home and live in tee shirts too. Breast binder looks like a tube top from the 70's,,, I wear it under tee shirts.

• wren44
    edited February 2015
    Options

Do you have to wear a bra? Looks like you're a uni like me.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

I am a uni,,, I don't wear a bra with the breast binder. Twinkie just gets a little compressed,,,,

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015
    Options

Wren, that sounds promising for your Spring, I am seeing signs of the leaves turning, so I will be the one complaining of Wintery weather soon.

Bob, aircon, wow, that's some disparity in weather conditions!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015
    Options

Wren, the Valletta doesn't give any compression at all. In fact it is really for people who can't take the feeling of anything tight, like the band of a normal bra. Should mention, I don't go out with just the Valletta either, I use it more as an undergarment that can be seen under things, that's why I have all the colors. It is nicer than a T shirt under a cardigan or jacket and the built in bra is just the most comfy thing, for me.

Have you tried a shape wear tank for compression? I bought a couple of flat front, meaning, no knitted in section for boobs, tank tops from Target. They were super cheap, really firm and I wear them if i don't want to wear a form, just to rail in that rogue "D" puppy of mine, on the other side.It works great! There are lots on the market, Spanx do them too, but the department stores do them really cheap, I got a white and a black duo pack for about $15.00.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

"...and that's why I have all the colors."

- our Ariom

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

That's why she is the goddess.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015
    Options

That's why we love her so

• Ariom
    edited February 2015
    Options

Oh geesh, what have I said now? Am I wrong to want all the pretty colors? like DP would say, "oh, something sparkly!" LOL

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

no,, you should have all the pretty colors!!!  You are our fashion goddess!!

Has anyone seen the show,  Love, Lust or Run?   It is on TLC and has Stacy London, who used to be on What Not to Wear.   It's kinda like What not to wear, only shorter,, only 1/2 hour.   I love how she makes these women over. I need that.  I am a slob who lives in jeans and tee shirts. I need to find fashionable tops that will look ok over the compression.

• PRB1956
    PRB1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015
    Options

M is our rock star goddess who probably has 3 walk-in closets and is afraid to tell us :) Plus, she has done mescaline. I love you even more M!

I am trying to compose a stupid cover letter. Aren't I allowed to simply say "look, I have been in this industry for over 30 years and I am applying for a damn near entry level position...f*ing hire me now". No? OK.. I am trying to use appropriate words, but it is hard. Things like "my experience throughout the years" (interpretation? I was probably writing code before whoever is going to interview me was born).

I am usually fairly good at writing fluff... but am having a hard time here.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

Doesn't that kill you?? You were writing code before the interviewer was born???   Where is our Professor Bobo?  I bet she could whip you out a letter in no time. She has a wonderful way with words.

• PRB1956
    edited February 2015
    Options

Yeah, I never thought of asking for help! You're right, Bobo could have dazzled them with some of those 4 syllable words!!

So, I just submitted the cover letter (which completed the application process) and feel somewhat accomplished. Like I said, whether I get an interview or not, it's nice to finally do something about my current position. Strangely enough, now that I have applied for a new job, my old job doesn't seem so dreary.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

It never hurts to look and put in an application! Maybe it won't be right for you, but you gave it a shot.

• wren44
    edited February 2015
    Options

I would say why their position interests you. Are they doing something different? Exciting? Avoid looking too over qualified. Different department or project?

• PRB1956
    edited February 2015
    Options

Wren - Yes, this is a different department posting a position that in some ways I am way over qualified for, and in other ways, I am not. I simply stated why I thought my skill set would be a good match for their posting. I can't imagine not getting an interview, but I am sure they might be hesitant to hire me since I could retire at the drop of a hat.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015
    Options

I agree with Wren, PRB, keep it light and explain what interests you about the position. I am sure Bobo will have some ideas on how to write it.

Hahaha, I don't have 3 walk in closets, but I do have 1 walk in closet, I also have a dressing room, where the FoobMoire lives and I have taken over the full closet of the guest room. I know, it's bloody ridiculous, but that's just me! Oh and there's the "Studio" but that's not for clothes, just for quiet contemplation! LOL

I had a weird thing happen, just like ldesim. I was in the big supermarket in the next town, waiting to buy Colin's fave cheese, that I can't get anywhere else. There was a girl behind the counter, with her back to me, they have a number system and when the number before mine was called, she spun around and she was the image of our girl, DP. I was stunned, she smiled at me, as she started to serve the woman before me. Another girl came and served me, but it was an "Oh Wow" moment.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

Wow, M, that is incredible.

P:  keep us posted about the job!

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hey all ,

Awhile back I remember we were talking about recon failure rates given all Bobo had gone through.    Check out the article below.   Especially the last sentence which says something like "the majority can obtain success even with obstacles"............  I think its a load of crap and that failures are much higher given all we read on this forum............... 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22421481

I have had zero regrets about my decision to stay flat ..............   Have a great day all !!

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Fia!

You are obviously wrong, and so is this article. My PS quoted me a failure rate of .7 percent.

So that's that, right? Oh, and ps (ironic) -- I won't be included in the .7 percent statistics, because I chose not to continue.

Smiley face emoticon does not seem right here. Silent screaming, perhaps?

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015
    Options

Lies, Lie Lies................. .7 percent my ARSE !!!!!

• wren44
    edited February 2015
    Options

I thought it was interesting in the Australian video that the woman with no reconstruction seemed happiest with her resulting body. The one who reconstructed was pretty negative about her altered body as was the man. From all the problems I've seen here, I'm glad I didn't consider reconstruction.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

I am very glad that I did not do recon.  I am fine with being flat.  No regrets on that.  Still need excess skin removed, but whatever.  0.7% my arse.