Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

new and future flat sister, with questions

Options

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,175
    edited March 2015
    Options

M

Pretty bird. Is it a lorikeets

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am shocked, I kept in touch on FB for a while, then she decided to close her business when she had to go through treatment again and I hadn't heard from her in a while.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Spookiesmom, yes, they are called Rainbow Lorikeets. Really noisy, very messy, but beautiful to look at!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sad. Reminds me of DP journey. I was having a good morning. But thanks for sharing.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited March 2015
    Options

L: that is so sweet. I bet someone took her puppies from her before they were weaned,, but where did she find a baby kitty?   I really hope someone adopts them together. 

Hi O2!  Glad to see you.  Sorry about the fatigue,, that sucks.

Another page of posts?  will go read,, be back. 

Added:  the lorikeet is really pretty. Great pic, M.    Damn, sorry to hear about vintage gal.    This sucks.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015
    Options

which thread are we going to use? Or create a Facebook group?

It's 8:46 and LM is finally awake.

Friday they fell asleep in my bed. I woke up at midnight with hot flashes and thirst. Took me until 2 to drift back. Almost out and boy wakes me up. Then LM awake. Had midnight snack. Asleep about 4. Last basketball game at 9! Not much sleeping in.

Tried to nap before bday party down the rd. Nope. Bouncy house, swing set, wagon, gardening tools. Busy, busy, busy. Didn't crash. Asleep about 8:30.

LM cries in middle of night. Gets in our bed. Boy comes in about 4. He's snotting and not quite wheezing but... She thankfully slept thru all that.

Now they are having a cheese tasting. Square cheese (american slices), rectangle cheese (cheddar block). Don't have any circle (deli Colby) or triangle (laughing cow) cheese.

Spring break is next week. So no rush to do chores today. Boy and DH need hair cut. Easter egg hunt at volunteer fire dept. Not sure what we'll do.

Have a good Sunday. Sun shining but chilly. Need to walk.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015
    Options

Zills,

LMAO cheese tasting at such a young age !! They will grow up to be very cultured adults !!!! DH is home so I am avoiding waking till Tuesday am when he leaves. I am fine with whatever thread everyone decides. Dreading picking up DS and HAIR in the morning ............That week of peace and quiet went by quickly !

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry to hear about VintageGal, terrible news. Where do you gals see the Angel's list? I am lost about this. Good ? Zills, which thread should we use now maybe Facebook would be good.

Ariom, wow such beautiful pics, I so want to live there!!

Good Sunday to everyone.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good Morning,

I was so lost! I kept looking for posts on the other thread! I haven't been posting much, but do read and try to keep up. Please let me know if you all decide to move the group to Facebook-you all are my lifeline and I am lost without you. As soon as I am finished with the bandaging, now of both arms, I will be able to post again.

So upset about Vintage, but I know she is flying with the Angels with our DP.

Still looking forward to NOLA! It is the goal that keeps me going!

So glad to see you again O2!

Love to all, S

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't forget me if you move threads, or start FB page.
    Hoping to go to NOLA.

So sad to lose another warrior.
    Tell those researchers to quit taking coffee breaks....we need a cure NOW!!!
  • spookiesmom
    edited March 2015
    Options

I don't do FB. Keep me posted, please?

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015
    Options

M

I saw a news thingy about your elections. Said everyone HAD to vote, or you are fined!!! Is that true????

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2015
    Options

Angels thread

Hope it works. Very sad to read it. Too many I knew.

• jsjherman
    jsjherman Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sad about Vintage... it just breaks my heart.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Morning ladies. I don't care where we post, so long as we stick together, just tell me where.

Sc, you can turn on a message reminder when there is a post in an area of your favorites, it ill send you an email, or you can just mark the threads you frequent, as a favorite and each time you sign in. The number will appear on the side of the page in My Favorites which have been active since your last sign in.

I am so sorry to hear you're having to wrap both arms now. That's such a PITA. Hugs to you!

Spookiesmom, yes, so true, we do have mandatory voting here and you do get fined if you don't register on Voting day. We have to update our Electoral roll, if we move to another area. In saying that, just because we have to vote, doesn't mean everyone will "actually" vote. You can do a "Donkey Vote", which is just hand back the papers unmarked, or I have known some to write expletives, all over the voting sheet. Once at the polling booth, what you do is private, it isn't checked. It is $20.00 for a first time and $50.00 after that, unless you have a valid excuse.

I went to bed with a sore, left shoulder and it has kept me awake most of the night, now I have to miss Tai Chi because the damn thing is frozen tight this morning. Oh the joy, of doing everything with one hand today, at least I have my good hand, don't know what caused my left to go. At least I got 3 hours of ironing done yesterday, all the washing and Colin's clothes all sorted, in the wardrobe. I found stuff in that ironing basket that I forgot I had! LOL I even got it together to put some stuff on ebay, which I have been threatening to do, forever. Lots of stuff got done, but nothing really shoulder jarring.

Had first leaf raking for the season, planned for today......shit, shit. bitch,bum... I hate that, not being able to follow through, it is a job I really hate, but I was vibed up for it after Tai Chi.

Well I best stop whining now and think of something else to do. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. M x

• OvercomingOne
    OvercomingOne Member Posts: 160
    edited March 2015
    Options

hey y'all

So so sad I did not realize DP passed......this damn disease.......and now another. Please let me know where y'all go to post. I have grown to love y'all and have you in my heart and prayers.

More sleeping today but did swing abit on my porch! Getting to be spring now with birds singing and flowers blooming! Watched QVC most of day. Nothing on there I want to buy!!! Love the stuff I have bought though. Still haven't tried vitamix much. Waiting for warmer weather.

How does the angel list people know when we die?

O2

• Ariom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey 02, that sounds nice, swinging on your porch.

Yes, it was a real shock t all of us when DP passed, although she had been ill, it happened very quickly at the end.

Did you try hot soups in the colder weather, with your Vitamix? 10 minutes, from start to finish and tastes sensational the second day too!

I think that someone has to notify the site that someone has passed and there is a member named Celia088 who updates the Angel list.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015
    Options

I had logged on here earlier, then I read about Vintage and just walked away in disgust. I knew she had recurrence from Facebook and I knew it was aggressive, but..... I'm very saddened by that. Didn't she go to treatment on a motorcycle? I thought about her often, so pissed off.

O2, a member from the forums will usually post there when they've heard somebody has passed away.

I'm good with whatever forum or Facebook.. or all 3.. doesn't really matter as long as I get to check in... Facebook is probably easier for me from work when I want to goof off for 10 mins. :) I recall DP wanting to name a forum Future flat sisters with dumb flat questions or something like that... I recall it making me chuckle... she really made me chuckle a lot.

I will say anger is a good tool to get shit done... I got a lot done today. It snowed all day yesterday, but didn't amount to anything and today is sunny and warmer. I can see the tiger lily's starting to peek through the ground, which is really surprising. Got my ironing done (3 hours M????), house dusted and vacuumed, did a couple miles on the tread mill, started putting away some of the winter clothes, sorted out the recycle bin and finally got rid of all the crap that was piling up on the porch from them not picking up recycling for a month.

Off to finish dinner.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Too bad we can't do mandatory voting here. Would stop a lot of the bitching.

Owie on the shoulder. It was doing all that ironing.

So is this thread going to keep on?

• Ariom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi ldesim, yep 3 hours! I have a fantastic Laura Star steam station, which actually makes ironing much easier and cuts the time in half, yes seriously, I can hear Bobo coming, to berate me for being such a consumer! LOL Seriously, I bought this thing about 10 years ago when I used to have to iron those damn crisp white shirts and uniform pieces, when I was with United and my RA was at its worst. I love it and it sure makes ironing easy, but it is a matter of having the motivation to get the damn thing out and set it all up. Once you get started it is magic. I have to be honest, I haven't ironed for months, hence the 3 big baskets full., a tank of water for steam lasts 1 hour and I filled it 3 times. M x

I am so pissed about Vintage too. M x

• OvercomingOne
    OvercomingOne Member Posts: 160
    edited March 2015
    Options

I vote we keep on this thread.

O2

And facebook would be fun.

• Ariom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Spookiesmom, I have no idea about the thread, I will do whatever everyone else wants to do.

I don't know if it was the ironing, my right arm is fine! M x

• glennie19
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am ok with either thread or with FB,, but not everyone is on FB,, so one of these threads might be better.

The weather was lovely here this weekend, and I got to spend a lot of time out in the yard.  The new people next door decided that there was just too much overgrowth in the back, blocking the pond view, so they have started the HUGE task of clearing. OMG! It is amazing the difference already. I have helped, but have limited my time so I do not have an LE flare.  It was nice being outside and not in front of the computer all weekend.

M:  that is a lot of ironing.  I do not think I have that many clothes!!  Sorry about your shoulder,, hope it feels better quickly.

**waving to all**

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited March 2015
    Options

M, I'm impressed with that much ironing. I think you use your left hand more than you think or arrange clothes on the board. In Houston we had to put it in the frig to keep it from mildewing. The kids used to outgrow clothes that were in the ironing. I no longer buy things that need ironing. My favorite words are "machine wash warm, tumble dry low" and if a garment doesn't say it, I leave it in the store.

My hairdresser is from Switzerland. All Swiss men are in the military and have to go to a 2 week training every year. Since he is here, he has to pay a big fine for not doing the training. For all their neutrality, I guess they're prepared.

SC, Is the LE new? How far out from surgery were you when it showed up? I know it can hit at any point so I try to be careful.

• Nomatterwhat
    Nomatterwhat Member Posts: 210
    edited March 2015
    Options

Love your pictures Ariom.  Three hours of ironing??  I don't even own an iron.

I'm sorry I am not on Facebook. 

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015
    Options

I had my BMX on 1/13/14. The LE is sort of new. I knew my arms were bothering me and they were big, but I attributed it to getting fat. When I went to PT for balance issues I mentioned it to one of the PT's who said, well yes, Lymphedema does that. Just call me clueless. So I got an order from my MO and had an evaluation done. When my left arm started shrinking and I mentioned soreness and the bruising from my BP being taken on my right, it was determined that I have it on the right-even though no nodes were removed from the right! So now both sides are being done. Fun, fun, fun! Lord knows where my BP will be taken now! Lo

• glennie19
    edited March 2015
    Options

They can take your BP on your leg.  They did that to me during my colonoscopy.  Boooooo on LE.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nomatterwhat :)

SC, that's awful that you got LE, I hope the therapy helps.

Wren, clothes in the fridge?? Wow, that is some serious humidity.

So, I left my phone upstairs hours ago and just found it to put it on the charger and had missed a bunch of texts from Bobo.. she is adopting the most adorable dog, that I guess was going to be killed. Maxie, I think the name is... omg so frigging cute.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yay Bobo. We require pics!!!!
  • glennie19
    edited March 2015
    Options

ooo, a new dog!  Need pics for sure!  Wonder how Bobo dog likes her?