Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

new and future flat sister, with questions

Options

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015
    Options

**I am the .7 percent**

Well, trying not to go back to those days, trying to look forward. Birdie, I am sure my situation, just on its own, would make you glad you did not 'reconstruct.' I am supposed to go to the PS for a check-up (so he can gloat) but I do not want to go back.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited February 2015
    Options

Yes, Bobo,, look forward.   NOLA!!!  Tattoo!!! That is so exciting to think about.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Oh yeah! Forgot about NOLA! Hmm. Bathing suit shopping.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

That's right,,, pick out your tattoo!!  Shop for bikini!!  High heels!! Big sun hat and sunglasses.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015
    Options

Oh wow M, maybe we all really will get DP visits? That's kinda weird that 3 of us have "seen" her so far.

How could any self respecting Dr. quote a .7 failure rate on something they have no control of... FFS.

Kinda nice to see this thread active again.. but also feels like cheating on DP lol.. I know that's F'd, but it crossed my mind.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015
    Options

0.7% my fat arse! Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

I recently read a study on American reconstruction percentages, it said less than 1/2 the women in this study decided to reconstruct, hmmm, I thought, that's actually more than I expected, but the whole focus was not on how women can and do, make that decision not to reconstruct, but how the medical profession can convince them, that implants are safe and a positive outcome can be achieved, if they decide to go ahead with recon. Bugger me, they didn't even make comment on how, more women are coming around to the possibility of going flat. it was just another way to coerce women and refusing to listen to them. It was infuriating and again showed that so many women are not being taken seriously when they make this decision to forgo recon, it is seriously like, pissing up a rope for them. I am wondering how I would have reacted if I had encountered this kind of gross discrimination, in my Surgeon, oh yes, I know, he would have been kicked to the curb! LOL

I still think about the conversation with my surgeon when he told me that in the 4 years he had been practicing here in Australia, only 2 women had reconstructed after the approx 200 Mx surgeries he had performed. Not the same as women who have failures after recon surgery, I know, but an interesting figure, all the same. I should have asked him about London and South Africa where he had been, prior to Australia.

Wren, my experience with other Aussies has been similar to the video, the ones who have not reconstructed are fine with their results, as I have mentioned before, of the 23 members in my Pink Ladies group, a couple had Lx, but there is only one who had recon after a Umx and she did it many years, down the track, with a lift on the remaining side.

I am the same as you Fia, Wren and Glennie, I really couldn't give a toss, about being half flat. I am used to it, it's just me, now. No regrets.

I still despise what Bobo went through with that asshole and all the lies, how do these bastards sleep straight in bed?

The only thing we can be thankful for, is that it is done and dusted now for you Bobo and I hope when you get the Vinnie nips, that you are happy with the final result, but it still, should never have happened to you.That surgeons behavior, was despicable. M x

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

M, I am supposed to go back to him for a check, and I don't want to go, I just can't bear it and I don't want to do it.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015
    Options

Oh Bobo, I thought you'd finished with him, for good. Damn it! If you have to go back, can you just tell him what you think of him, really think of him and his methods? Would that make you feel as good, as it would make me feel? Sorry, don't mean to be flippant, but I just couldn't hold myself back. Love you! M x

• Ariom
    edited February 2015
    Options

Posting at the same time, Bobo, boy I wish could go with you!

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Love you too. I was thinking I'd put him off -- he just wants to gloat and have me thank him and he wants the PA to take pictures of me naked while she is pregnant.

I could always go back after I get my nips! I know he wants to do them himself, surgically, and charge me!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015
    Options

OMG, he wants you to thank him, what planet is this dickhead on? Tell him he can't afford you, no freebie naked shots for him!

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

LOL! I am not kidding -- last time I was there it was only for the PA to take naked pictures, which, he has assured me, no one will be looking at...

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015
    Options

What??!!  Is he a pervert also?  If no one else is going to see them, they must be for him.  I think you need to punch him in the face! lol

• ldesim
    edited February 2015
    Options

Two punches, one for me too... a left jab followed by a right hand sucker punch!

Bobo, don't go back to him, there's no reason for you too.. just cross it off your to-do list.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Betty, you make me pee! I know those pictures are going on his website, even though he says they are not. After all, I am the first in the area to do this little experimental procedure.

Idesim, I guess I will just tell the woman who calls to schedule that I will get right back to her (not).

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I can't seem to find the Australian video you are all talking about.
  • glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

Agree, Bobo,,, tell the person scheduling the appt that you'll have to call back.  Then don't!  Unless you want to show off the Vinnie nips later. 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited February 2015
    Options

Bobo, DIL said they got GS to clean his room by showing him an episode of The Hoarders.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Laughing, Birdie!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,174
    edited February 2015
    Options

try this!!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

that's an interesting concept!  Although I would be afraid that they would just look for the key,instead of really cleaning.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015
    Options

And make more of a mess.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015
    Options

Clever idea Spookie!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited February 2015
    Options

I would love to do that to DH's computer. To be fair, he has been cleaning up his study. It's gone from hoarder to very messy - which was a big improvement. Being retired and living on social security is making us more like hoarders rather than less. We have a lot of stuff we'll probably never use again, but couldn't afford to replace if we needed it.

I'm in for bird or flower seed at 11am on Sat. We have both on hand, so I'll just need to pick.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Idesim, I want you to adopt a dog. Will you do it?

• glennie19
    edited February 2015
    Options

ahhhh, what a face!!

• ldesim
    edited February 2015
    Options

awww.. who is he?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,174
    edited February 2015
    Options

Happy doggy!!!!!

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

He is from the happy goats and kitties thread!

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015
    Options

We are going to adopt little dog from a rescue. My DH (who turns 14 this week....farewell 13 thank god!!!! What a year that was!!!!) Is insistant on getting a pug. We shall see. I would rather get a non/low shedding breed, but since Lucky was her dog we are letting her decide. She has had a rough time with his loss and looking for a pug has seemed to bring her joy.

There was one at our local shelter yesterday but it was adopted minutes before we arrived .