Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• vbishop
    vbishop Member Posts: 332
    Options

Now there's some bluebonnets!  Great picture!

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    Options

Dear Hill Country Sisters...little OT... Getting sentimental here in NY for your beautiful area!  DS graduated UT and stayed for several more years, working in Dripping Springs and living on South Lamar in downtown Austin. Always thought he would make Texas his home.  Graduated with an engineering degree and that huge state of yours needs every one of those engineers!DH an VR were looking forward to continuing to visit your community. Alas, DS is beginning the next chapter in his life....following his fellow UT love back to her hometown in St. Louis.  I'm so happy for both of them, but it breaks my heart that he is leaving!  Everything is bigger and better in Texas!  Barton Springs, Alamo Draft House.....Barbeque...and the people!  I never met nicer people...except for my Canadian family and everyone knows how nice and polite Canadians are! But my heart belongs to all of you in Texas!  Love Dallas, Houston, Austin, Dripping Springs, Galvaston and especially San Angelo...for giving us the spectacular Los Lonely Boys!

Thank you all!  I wish all of you well...until we meet again....happy trails to all of you!

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options

Thanks for the pics Holli and Vicki!

I don't know who Dr Tierney is, myself. I hope you do well where ever you go! Where is the treatment center, or do you know yet?

• vbishop
    Options

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Hi y'all

Love the race pics...and rockin party!

Yes, those adorable kids will thank you  :D precious

Best Wishes for Rads in Austin...hope you can find some friends to share the drive...using care bridge may set a list of drivers...nice to get time on the road with others and reduce the stress of tx...

Headed out to llano for blue bonnet Indian paint brush shots:)))

• vbishop
    Options

Llano - so that's where they are!!

• jlow51
    jlow51 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Cindy, my husband is out your way taking pics of bluebonnets......he said Llano was dry, dry with few flowers. Found a pretty field in Spicewood, Muleshoe Bend and Wimberly. Just FYI for those hunting wildflowers.

Jackie

• sandra4611
    sandra4611 Member Posts: 1,750
    Options

Wildseed Farms, Fredericksburg, TX

Two weeks ago in Stockdale, TX

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

we went to houston for Easter and the bluebonnets along IH10 were amazing. I bet Brenham has some nice ones. 

• vbishop
    Options

Sigh - I miss my bluebonnet treks!  Maybe next spring!

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

LOVING the photos ladies! V- do you have a date yet for your display?

Going to try to get to the Georgetown Poppy Fest this Sunday. If i can drag the BF away from his car.  Maybe we can drive around a bit and get some flower photos. 

Cindy- how was your flower hunt?

• keepthefaith
    Options

Jen', I was thinking of going to Gtn this week-end also. Always fun. You should be able to drive around close to the square and find homes that have planted poppies in their front yards. Have fun!

I'm going to #18 today. Past the halfway mark!

TGIF! Enjoy your week-end ladies~Beautiful weather!

• vbishop
    Options

Jen - I think the mural is scheduled to be finished by mid-May.  They are suppose to let us know.

Everyone have fun in Georgetown this weekend!

• critterzmom
    critterzmom Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hey all! I'm in Gtown and glad to welcome you to the Red Poppy Festival this weekend. My animal rescue buddies will be by the Monument Cafe on the main drag, so stop by for some puppy kisses and a dose of puppy breath.  Guaranteed to be good for a smile or two.

Thanks to Cindy for starting this thread, and to vibishop and Sandra for the pics.

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all!

Thanks for the heads up on the mad wild BlueBonnet search! Bunches on toll road 130 but not the best area to stop.

Sandra - beautiful:))) wish I could post on FB...so perfect says this is TX!

Ha ha ...now living in Georgetown...so will stroll down for puppy kisses and poppies Sunday.

I know so little about GT but learning...

Holli is your team in Austin confirmed with some carpooling,

Terri - congrats on 19/33...XXXX counting down! Go laser tag girl.

JWoo - drag that bf away from the car...

V - way be can come to celebrate your mural!

BigD, Sherri, Chris,...missing some voices..out  enjoy SpringTime :D

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• keepthefaith
    Options

critterzmom, welcome!

Found out yesterday, I am doing 31 rads, not 33! So, that made my day! 25 full and 8 boosts. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I guess I can't count...now, it's 23 full and 8 boosts! Can I blame it on chemo brain?

Holli, when will you start?

I missed the mural info...but sounds awesome.

Enjoy the week-end ladies!

• RHGSR
    Options

thanks for asking about me ladies!! I go for a consult with Dr. Tierney in a few days. Should know more after that. I wil keep y'all posted. Trying to get through last Taxol SEs. No bone pain yet.  Just real fatigued, depressed , and abdominal pain. Praying it will resolve fast. 

My oldest (9) just found out she got 2nd place in her age group at the butterfly festival today for her artwork. We aren't there but her friend called to tell her. She is so excited. 

• sandra4611
    Options

• rmlulu
    Options

Critterzmom - Welcome! Puppy kisses:) I'm walking Survivor lap at Georgetown  relay for next next Saturday.

Terri - Ooo who good news! 

Sandra - what! You too...:))) BC friends....nice

Holli - yippee your daughter did good!  Budding butterfly artist:D  sending healing thoughts&prayers.

• keepthefaith
    Options

Has anyone done the fitness program through Livestrong at the Y? I think I am going to register. 12wks FREE; it's in NW Austin. Jul 1st-Sept 18th.

Holli, I hope your consult goes well!

Cindy, have fun at the RFL! Do you have someone to walk with? If not, let me know and maybe I can join you,  depending on what time.

Let's plan another get together soon. Maybe we can venture South this time since so many that didn't make it last time, live that direction.

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all

Terri - 5/3 RFL starts at 6pm and the survivor lap is at  6:15 the luminaries are at 9.  Come if you like...just pm and I'll give you my phone number ...I've heard the Livestrong program is great!

Holli - how was your Rad appointment?  Like the team?  Hope you get help with the driving and hydrate!

JWoo - how was the car show...new ride...hee hee

Yes, I'm ready for another meet up...where o where...

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• jwoo
    Options

Hi!

Well, was not able to pull the fella away from his tinkering on Sunday, so I slept in, did some chores, then went to one of my besties and we went shopping. Her brother is about to be a father, and we just can't stop buying cute baby boy sailor items! (they are doing a nautical theme in the nursery)  I figure, I am never going to have human kids, so I get to spoil other ppls children! so fun! and I don't have to change diapers. I think it is a win. 

Still battling LE. Nothing is working. Everything I try makes it flare. The only thing I have gotten relief with is Kenezio tape, the pneumatic pump, and having my PT do massage. I can't do all of those things all the time. The compression shirts and sleeves are just not working, and I tried wrapping, nothing. We finally got it down, then i started light exercise and blew up like a balloon. Trying to get it back down now, and still do some things in the yard. We'll see. Hopefully I can find the right combo soon. 

Terri- hope you are still doing well. YAY that we have fewer rads!

Cindy- how are you? Have fun at your relay! 

Critterzmom - thanks for joining us!

Sandra -love that!

Holli - hope your appt went well. 

V- can't wait to see it. that is so cool!

Jackie- hope you are doing great. 

voraciousreader- How is NY? I know it isn't Texas, but I hope you have some spring beauty where you are. 

yes- another meetup soon! south is good- can we plan on a Sunday afternoon this time? After Mothers day maybe?

• RHGSR
    Options

thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. 

We are going to the doc in Austin. Longer drive but the office staff is amazing. The nurse is amazing. And the doc is amazing. Even offered his staff to watch my kids while I was getting treatment. I get mapped next week then start 6 1/2 weeks of rads the next week. 

We consulted with the Austin doc Thursday but get this on the San Marcos doctor...

We wanted to go to the doc in San Marcos but they are out of network and said they couldn't help us even though we knew that they could by requesting so with the ins. They even hung up on my husband. They call back 2 weeks later and say that they decided to check into what we told them in case a situation line puts were to cone up again and lo and behold they can help us after all. So we go ahead a schedule a consult with them as well for Friday (consult Thursday with Austin doc and Friday with SM doc).  Thought it would be good to get two comparisons. Well we get to their office in Friday (30min early) and they tell us we aren't scheduled for an appt. as a matter of fact , the doctor is in vacation.  WHAT!!?? There was a miscommunication. My husband was livid. 

So the San Marcos doc would only be like a 15 min drive. Austin is 45min plus. But I figured id rather drive a little farther than deal with an office staff like that regardless if how good the doctor might be. 

• jwoo
    Options

Cindy- did you enjoy your relay?

Rhgsr- quality is more important than convenience when it comes to care. The SM drs don't seem to care, so saying goodbye to them is a great idea. 

How does May 18th sound? Maybe lunch and antiquing in New Braunfels?or Bastrop?

• critterzmom
    Options

Count me in!  Just let me know where and when....

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all!

The Relay was moving...in a small town way...hubby and I both felt tears as we walked the survivors lap...gosh both of us...all the people clapping cheering smiling...never thought we would be out there...always clapped for my GFs .

Count me in...but I need a ride...we are a 1 car family...yes, hard to believe...

Holli - choose the best team for rads...quality care...you are too important! Drive. 

Jen - LE is ugh:( an ugly side of BC keep on top of it...I hate my arm and 3rd girl  massage pump compression...so fashionable. Hang in there.

Happy Mothers Day and Happy Women of Influence...(((Big Hugs)))

Cindy 

• critterzmom
    Options

More than happy to carpool, RMlulu, if you don't mind a pretty "doggy" car.

• vbishop
    Options

Hi ladies! 

Would love to join you on the 18th,  but will be in Corpus shooting the Beach to Bay relay marathon.  This race is one we shoot as a family, so we will make a weekend out of it - kids, grandkids, and the dogs.  I am not sure I'm looking forward to it yet....lots of logistics to get through, both for the race and for post race activities with the family.  Stressing me out.

Regardless, y'all have a great time!  I will try to take some decent pics of the family and post them when I get back. 

Hugs to all!

PS - I am trying flat tummy water.  It's working....I think.

• sandra4611
    Options

Which location did you decide on? I'd love to make it...not sure though since we are still on vacation in Florida and may not make it back in time.

• jwoo
    Options

Sandra- no decision yet. Any of you ladies interested and have any suggestions pr preferences?