Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• jlow51
    jlow51 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Thank you, Cindy. The pic is one my husband took. Sounds as if you, girls had a great time!  I will definitely try to make it next time!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Cindy--You will love casting for recovery.  I got an email that I got picked to help with registration next weekend.  I already had a laser resurfacing scheduled for Friday afternoon and tried to reschedule but she was booked solid for a couple of weeks so I had to back out on C4R.  I was so looking forward to meeting you and having dinner with you on Friday.  I hope you have a great time.

Our relay was great but I was exhausted.  Did not get to bed until 3AM.  That is what I get for being on the committee.Happy 

Did ya'll take pics last Saturday if so please post one of the get together.

Welcome Sandra.  I am not far from you.  Who did your reconstruction in SA?

Terri hope rads goes smoothly for you.  The rads board really helped me out alot during that time.  Made some great friends on that board. I used a prescription that my RO gave me.  It was great.  I had a difficult time but cannot image how bad it would have been without that miracle cream.  Wish I could remember what it was.

• sandra4611
    sandra4611 Member Posts: 1,750
    Options

Sherri, my husband is retired AF so we get our medical care at BAMC on Ft. Sam Houston. My PS is primarily a burn reconstruction surgeon, but does breast cancer reconstruction too. He is a miracle worker.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Sandra so glad the military has such capable doctors.  I go to PRMA in San Antonio.  I use Dr. Peter Ledoux and he has been fabulous.  Dr. Gary Arishta is retired military and joined PRMA when he got out of the service.

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options

I'm going for 4th rads today. RO gave me Miaderm samples. Told me its' the calendula that is effective. So far, so good!

No, we forgot to take pics at brunch...darn it! I guess we were too busy talking!

Let's do it again, soon!

TGIF ladies!

• vbishop
    vbishop Member Posts: 332
    Options

I loved breakfast!  It was great meeting women going through the bc crap.  We should do it again, spend 15 minutes catching up on how we're all doing, bc wise, then spend the rest of the time enjoying each other's company. 

Our photography schedule is crazy until the end of May.  Any one up for a walk/run as group at any of the upcoming bc events?  I don't have anything specific in mind, just thought it would be fun to run or walk together.

Hope everyone is doing well, handling treatment well, and enjoying life!

• keepthefaith
    Options

yeah, a BC walk would be fun. I can't do a run myself. If anyone hears of one, post it!

• sandra4611
    Options

Speaking of walks and runs, this is what my husband Mike and I did this morning. San Antonio's Race for the Cure is one of the largest in the nation. I had to sit and rest a couple of time, and walked leisurely, but we made it. Not bad for 2 weeks post-op surgery #4.

• Debzjourney14
    Debzjourney14 Member Posts: 41
    Options

ThumbsUp

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Hi y'all!

Ooo who love the rain and lightening :) looks like I live in a tree house...all green:)

Sandra - Congrats on your walk!  Great pic of you&DH very good for 2 weeks post-op...you go girl!

Relay for Life has a few walks offered this Spring...I'm going to walk May 3 in Georgetown...survivors lap at 6 :) luminaries at 9.  I signed up...come join me if interested  I'll form a team. I walked a few years back in Marble Falls, but a tornado watch shut down event and sent everyone scurrying home for shelter....I admit I was wondering about sleeping on cot and mosquitoes....but wanted to support 2bfff's with stage IV 

Race for the Cure is in November in Austin....Dallas too

Sherry - I'm so disappointed that I'll miss you Friday at C4R...next time or do you attend reunions! Ha ha:) I'll post my fish...getting excited.

Terri - counting down laser tag! Hydrate cream protein free boobing sense of humor:)

Vbishop - pics next time!

Chris - how are you?  Sending good thoughts!

JWoo - great breakfast ! Do we need to go south for our SA/Gonzales warriors...wild seed farm...Tubing! Or Salado for our Dallas warriors...BigD?

Hubby is still sore from surgery...so we have settled for put put golf...I took him by 2 strokes :D time for my walk...gonna bundle up and stomp in all the puddles...got my tunes...

Shout out to all

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• vbishop
    Options

Hey ladies!

I was part of the photography team for the Austin American Statesman Capitol 10K today.  Yes, we got wet.  It was crazy nuts and probably kept a lot of participants at home.  Happy to be home, warm and dry.

We just found out that our Georgetown race pictures (from several different races) will be used to create a mural in the Georgetown Applebee's.  Apparently they are remodeling and should be finished by mid-May.  All our kids help us shoot and we are fortunate enough that every one of us had at least one picture selected by the marketing company for the mural.  How cool is that?

Cindy - I would love to join you on May 3, but we are part of the team shooting a Tuff Mudder race (those people are nuts!) Saturday and Sunday :(  I'll look around and see if I can find something other than Komen races.

Terri - I am still walking as well.  Hoping to run a 5K in the fall....but I am no where close yet!  Hope things are going well!

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

V- Congratulations! That is awesome!

Terri- hope you are doing okay still. 

Sandra- you and your husband are too cute! 

Sherry- glad your relay went well

Cindy- enjoy your casting! Hope your husband starts feeling better soon

Next get-together?  Maybe a Sunday afternoon at Bastrop? or Fredricksburg? Salado? lunch and maybe some shopping? You ladies decide, so many great options around here :)

Saw this interesting article that may mean more treatment options for some of us   http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/04/06/1-experimental-breast-cancer-drug-you-need-to-know.aspx

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying what will probably be the last cool weather we will see for the next 7 months!

• keepthefaith
    Options

Cindy, enjoy your week-end! Send some pics!

So far, rads have been easy. Got my port taken out today. Glad that is done. #9/33. . Once in  a while I get a dull pain and have had a little pink skin from rads, but it has gone away so far.

I am ready for another get together whenever you all are. I'm sure can carpool if we go too far one way or the other.

Have a great week-end ladies!

• jwoo
    Options

Terri- hope you are still feeling good and you are not having too much pain.

Cindy- can't wait to see photos from this weekend!

How is everyone else doing?

I am looking forward to this unbelievable late cold front that is coming in. I sure hope the summer is mild this year. 

The wild flowers are in full glory this spring. I am loving it!

• vbishop
    Options

Hey -

Our photography stuff is pretty full until after the weekend of May 18, then things start to slow down a little. Let me know when and where the next get together is and I will certainly try to make it.  I like all the ideas thrown out so far.  Hope everyone is doing well!

• rmlulu
    Options

image Serious...got my trout!

image  My great guide :D 

Casting for Recovery TX !!!  So Amazing and Blessed :D  Ladies, you got to experience....

Sherri so right and Thank You for encouraging me to apply!

• sandra4611
    Options

Beautiful photos!

• jwoo
    Options

Hi ladies!

Just popping in to remind everyone that Today is National Healthcare Decisions Day. Have you talked to your loved ones about what you would like done in case there ever comes a time when you can't speak for yourself? And talk to your friends and families about what they would like as well. I know most of us have their ducks in a row, but I've seen first hand what can happen when people of any age and without written instructions have an accident that prevents them from providing direction in their care and for their family. I know it isn't a fun topic, but it is something that is important for everyone, no matter what their health is, to take care of. 

• vbishop
    Options

JWoo -

Hope all is going well for you!  Thanks for the post.  Always a good reminder.  I believe we have our ducks in a row, but its always good to double check.

• keepthefaith
    Options

Cindy, it looks like you had a great time at CFR!!!

I am at #13 rads and doing well so far. I hope you all are, also. I am trying to send positive vibes to my head so my hair growth will speed up! Trying hard to be patient...

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter week-end!

• jwoo
    Options

Terri- you are speeding through your rads! awesome! I understand you about the hair. I feel like mine has stopped growing :/ taking biotin, still looking for that shampoo you mentioned. I need to hit a few more HEBs. 

Cindy- great photos!  glad you enjoyed yourself. Where ever you were was beautiful!

V- how are things with you? I know you are all busy, but did you get any good bluebonnet photos yet?

Sandra, Deb. Sherry. jlow, everyone else, how are all of you doing?

I am enjoying this weird weather. The longer we can stave off summer, the happier I am!

Going to do the Relay for Life in my hometown on the 1 year anniversary of my diagnosis. I have gone several times as my sister always has a team, and helps organize things, but this time I am going as a survivor.  Hopefully I wont get all over emotional. I probably will though, as that is how I am :)

Been getting my butt kicked by PT. Doing some actual working out. It is great!  but man, am i sore! and it is causing a slight flare of my LE, but I think that is me eating too much salt lately. So more water and less salt! 

Hope everyone is doing well!

• keepthefaith
    Options

Jwoo, I found the shampoo at the Gattis School HEB. It is not where the regular shampoo is, but across the aisle. Next time I go, I'll try to remember to ck and tell you which aisle it's on! Where is the RFL that you are going to? I'm sure it will be fun and probably very emotional! I used to do them and haven't in 10-15 yrs. I'm sure it puts a different spin on it as a survivor.

• jwoo
    Options

Thanks Terri- i will run over there.  The RFL I am going to is at Randolph AFB in Universal City, just North of San Antonio. 

This is my home page if anyone wants to join me! http://main.acsevents.org/site/TRpx=36681009&pg=personal&fr_id=61128&fl=en_US&et=ulbYsCNu1du57vdIqDpOIA&s_tafId=1345479

• rmlulu
    Options

Happy Easter! Passover!

Jen - C4R was at Joshua Creek Ranch Boerne TX...there's one in Nov in Glen Rose:). Congrats on RFL tears should be expected :)))  oh, stop by target...men's section and get a compression T to wear with sleeve and control top cami at gym...really helps...go 1 size smaller but men's...LE under control

Terri - countdown Ooo who!...there's done thing about day 17! You know you have more behind than ahead...:D yippee hair:)))

Hope everyone is doing well...watch out for those yellow peeps:)

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

Hi ladies !! Looks like I may have to drive into Austin for rads.  Is there anyone y'all recommend? They can't be associated with Texas Oncology because they are out of network. That's the problem we are running into with the only RO in San Marcos. Thanks!!

• keepthefaith
    Options

Holli, My RO is Dr Ghafoori,  with Austin Cancer Centers. After my initial planning, he gave me an option of the North Austin Medical Center, with  a different Dr, but with ACC, or a location in Central Austin off of MLK, which is where he goes. I am driving a bit further to the MLK office, to be able to see him. He has a great bedside manner, listens, answers questions, is never in a hurry. All of my Dr's are at ACC. I have been very happy with them. 512.505.5500 is the main number. Too bad you have to make a longer trip for your rads.

• jwoo
    Options

RHGSR- I have not done radiation, but, I can say that the care I have received from my MO, GYN, BS, PT's, etc within the Scott&White network has been stellar. I really have loved everyone I have encountered. They have all been kind, and really seem to enjoy their work, and helping people. I haven't gotten that from every hospital in the Austin area. I have heard they are great to work for, so I am sure that makes everyone happy to be there. Hope you find someone you like!

Cindy- I am wearing  a long sleeved compression shirt all day now. Sweating to death with the hot flashes. Doing my MDL, still flaring, so I am not going to do my PT tonight. May just walk a little. Trying to not get annoyed too much by it, but it is a pain. I have got to have it under full control before i fly to England in the fall. 

Terri- I found that shampoo on amazon, so if I can't find it at HEB, I will just order some.  I sure wish they would set all the stores up the same way! I do love HEB though. Traveling to other places, you realize how spoiled we are with them. 

• rmlulu
    Options

Jen - when you can try the compression men's tee that way you have our sleeve on and you can breathe...those hot flashes with compression are ugh:((( LE massage 2x a day in the shower and Lebed exercise DVD works...also keeping the arm up...my 3rd girl is down and arm looking better:). Pace yourself.

Holli - can you get a few ride warriors to help with the drive up to austin?  We are very happy with Scott&White :)

Terri - drumroll...free boobing water emu oil and protein!  You're almost done laser tag warrior!

(((Hugs))) to all

Cindy

• vbishop
    Options

Happy belated Easter, everyone! 

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. 

Jen - posting a bluebonnet or two for you.  The one time we went hunting, our time was limited and they weren't out in full force.  We try to do a wildflower run or two during the season, but this year has been very strange.  But they are beautiful!  I need to plant some in my yard.

I am also posting a few pictures from our latest race.  We shot the Lone Star half marathon in Lukenbach this past weekend.  What a beautiful course and a rockin' after party.

Hope to see everyone soon!

Wish I had a macro lens for these...some day!

And this is what I do for fun....

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

Vbishop- what a great race!! Those pictures are awesome. I love the bluebonnets. We take pictures if the kids in them every year. They tease me about it but I tell them that one day they'll appreciate me making them do it!! Ha ha. The bluebonnets around San Marcos and Wimberley have been awesome. 

Looks like I am defiantly going to go into Austin for rads. We got fed up with trying to make the San Marcos one work. Plus their office staff was awful and rude. I can't stand that. 

Trying to get in with a Dr. Tierney. Anyone heard if him? I heard great things about Dr. Gafoori but we looked at our policy last night and he is out of network :0(.