Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• braids3
    braids3 Member Posts: 131
    Options

when i get my chemo my arm breakes out again it causes the radiation to start over or something like that not real common which is why i'm going to md

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Braids- hope they can figure it out! 

How is everyone else doing?

I'm trying to figure out what to wear to a wedding Sunday. It is at Donn's Depot, (right in the middle of SXSW!) but finding something to wear has been a trial! I have knitted foobs, but they don't really work with any of my bras yet as I have not converted them. All my 'cocktail' attire items are made for my DD's that are long gone! good thing the weather is supposed to be cold and rainy, as i have a few cardigans that are cute and I can cover with. bah! i can't wait to get to the point that I am in good enough shape to get my recon done and maybe feel a little normal. Shopping was so depressing, and in the middle of looking through lingerie, there was an ad in Kohl's for the Komen foundation and i just burst into tears. Really- i don't wanna hear that while I am already having a hard time shopping. Anyone else with me on that?  /endrant

I had my PT LE eval Wednesday, and start 4 weeks of LE PT next week. I am looking forward to it even though i have to drive up to Georgetown. There is a good team up there. I love Scott and White.

Here is the cafe I was talking about- you ladies look it over and let me know what you think. 

http://www.620cafeandbakery.com/

they updated the menu in the cafe a while ago, but it looks like they have not updated the website- i will mention that to them this weekend!

or if you have another spot- throw it out here so we can pick!  I can't wait to meet you ladies!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

JWoo - have you gone in for a fitting?  Ask Dr for RX or the fitter will call...insurance should cover...They have beautiful bras&camis...If you can before the event schedule one...it is nice to have a bra that fits and a prosthesis...mine evens the look and supports my lx...but admit I don't use very often...acceptance.  So if you can go for it...if not just rock it...short cocktail dress, beautiful shaw wrap, bling on wrist, ears, ankle, happy dance heels, and attitude...confidence!  

PT for LE is great!

Braids - ugh, radiation recall...hope Dr has game plan...glad to hear from you:)

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options

jwoo, sorry you're having such a hard time with clothes, etc. It is hard! I get really frustrated with my lack of hair; wig, scarves, matching to clothes, etc. I hope you find something that works! Send us some pics!

For me, any location for our get together is fine. I am looking forward to it!

Cindy, you are such a great cheerleader!:).

Enjoy your week-end, ladies. Having my family over for dinner this evening. They are the best medicine:).

• jwoo
    Options

ok ladies: what is our head count for 3/29, and where have we decided to go?

• keepthefaith
    Options

jwoo, I think rmlulu (Cindy), braids, sherryc, myself and vbishop (from another thread, who lives in RR) are coming...if that is correct, that would be 6, including you. Someone mentioned 620 cafe, I think, for late breakfast/brunch. Shall we shoot for 10-10:30? I am so looking forward to meeting you all face to face!

Terri

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all

I'm on hold...today is first post PO appt for hubby.  Will ask when we can travel.  Please take pics! And Post!

Rancho Mirage home is busy...we had given keys out to family to use...and now we are here...DIL is missionary who will be meeting with supporters over the next few days, than ds&family for medical conference dad Bday party&tennis...and dear friends are coming out Sat...  Got to get my cleaning clothes on...

Will let you know what dr says... Are the blue bonnets out:)

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• rmlulu
    Options

Tentatively flying home Friday so think will make breakfast! 

• jwoo
    Options

Alrighty! 10:30 on 3/29 at 620 Cafe it is!

Hope you can make it Cindy, and that your fella is doing well!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you in person!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

looking forward to it 10:30 is a good time it will take me 1 1/2 hours to get there.  Can't wait to meet everyone

RMlulu the bluebonnets are out and beautiful

• jlow51
    jlow51 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Sherryc, if you don't mind me asking, where do you live. My husband is a photographer and is scouting blue bonnets this coming week. Thanks for the info!!!!

• Sherryc
    Options

I live in Gonzales from what I understand 183 south of Austin has lots of bluebonnets.  I have only seen those from here to I10 at Buccee's and those around town here.  I'm sure he will find plenty.

• keepthefaith
    Options

jlow, are you going to make it on the 29th?

• jlow51
    Options

I don't think I will be able to make it..  Was thinking today how great it would be to meet you ladies.  I have plans to be in Ft. Worth that weekend.

• jlow51
    Options

Thanks Sherryc!! He has had lots of pics in Texas Highways. Hoping to hit a hot spot of bluebonnets. I will be a "widow" for the next month while he is searching!!!!

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

wish I could meet you ladies in the 29th.  Hopefully next time. 

Anyone know of a good place to take the kids for pics in the bluebonnets?

• jlow51
    Options

For you Hill Country Girls!!

• rmlulu
    Options

hi y'all

Beautiful picture!

Please advise on TX medical...newly diagnose IDC Coopdizzle. Concern with medical care referrals 

Thanks

• rmlulu
    Options

Ooo who flight booked!

Ok, gonna try...anyone carpooling?  I'll be coming from Georgetown...

PM we will be down to 1 car...

Can't wait to see all the blue bonnets absolutely y'all :)

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• Sherryc
    Options

Hey guys I am not going to make Saturday after all.  I had forgotten that Relay for Life is Friday night and I will be up working late there so I know I will be exhausted and not up for 1 1/2 hour drive.  Hopefully I can make it next time.

• jwoo
    Options

We will miss you gals that can't make it!

• jwoo
    Options

looking forward to seeing you ladies in the morning! I will get there a little early to get us a table since they are super busy on saturdays 

• sandra4611
    sandra4611 Member Posts: 1,750
    Options

Hi, I'm new here but not to BCO. I live in San Antonio. Hope you have a great get together. I'm 7 days post-op from fourth surgery so not up for a trip yet.

Next Saturday is the Komen Race for the Cure at Sea World and my husband and I are signed up as well as many of my friends. I registered before I got the surgery date but think I'll be ok to walk at least part of it next Saturday. Anyone here going?

• rmlulu
    Options

just woke up...see y'all at 620 cafe round rock!

1030...today:)))

• jwoo
    Options

Hi Sandra! Welcome and hope you are feeling okay after your surgery! I have friends that will be at the Komen walk, y'all have fun!

It was great to see you ladies today. Let's do it again soon!

• keepthefaith
    Options

Welcome Sandra!

Yes, it was so  nice to meet you all! Hopefully, we can do it again soon!

Cindy, pls post some pics of your casting for recovery adventure! oh, also remind me of the Gtn relay survivor walk...may want to join you, depending on when it is.

My RO called me today of all days...on a Saturday. I was freaking out thinking he found something on my planning CT scan. He sounded real quiet and like he didn't know what to say...He was just going over my rads planning. Hope to start next wk. Looking forward to moving on to the next phase. Will be doing the long TX plan. 6 1/2 wks...hmmmm. 

Spent the rest of the day with my DD and her 3 boys:).

• keepthefaith
    Options

Started rads yesterday! Will be doing 33 TX's. Nurse gave me samples of Miaderm and said "california baby" is also an option...has calendula in it.

I cut the leftover chemo hair short to match  my new growth. I had much more new growth than I had expected. Mostly on the sides. I found some organic, Biotin, paraben-free shampoo at HEB yesterday and hope that will help things along! I am pleasantly surprised at my almost bald look. I am hoping by June I will be brave enough to go without something on my head! 

Anyone else going to the Sun City garage sale this Saturday? A friend of mine from S Austin wants to go...

Just got an email from BCRC that they are starting a new 6 wk "newly DX'd" support group on April 30th. It will be on Wed nights at St. D's in Austin. www.bcrc.org.

Happy Hump Day!

Terri

• jwoo
    Options

Terri- <<hugs>> 

I hope it goes smoothly for you. Fresh aloe is always good for the skin as well. Glad your hair is growing faster than expected :)  I will have to check out HEB for that shampoo! I may have to see if my friends want to checkout that garage sale, thanks for mentioning it. 

Have a great day!

• keepthefaith
    Options

Thanks Jen',

I hope all is well with you!

The shampoo is by Mill Creek Botanicals. It is a white bottle with blue and green lettering.

• rmlulu
    Options

Hi y'all!

Ooo who enjoyed breakfast!

Sandra - welcome speedy healing and proudly walk the survivors lap!  Look forward to meeting in the future:)

JWoo - Jen great pick...yum:) will be checking out HEB too! 

Keepthefaith - Terri you will do well...glad RO had good news...hydrate free boobing extra protein:) will check out your recommended hair products...Sun City garage sale may see you there:) bring your truck!

Vbishop - fun:) and perky:) take lots of pics to share:)))

Braids - missed you (((Chris)))

Sherry - how was your relay?  Looking forward to C4R next weekend...I'll post my fish:)))

Jlow - :D luv the sunset pic of blue bonnets! Hope you join us next time!

BigD - where are you...oh laser tag countdown...hang in there and hydrate especially if you begin feeling tired...but promise you will jump off that table on your last day and Happy Dance all the way to Austin to cheer on Terri:D  

Need 4000 steps...pounding my bones and build up bones...ha ha AI :))) babysitting a friends 2 yr tonight...fun time...

Yeah, hump day! 

(((Hugs)))

Cindy