Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage 2 Sisters Club

Comments

• grandma3X
    grandma3X Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2017

Tpralph - good to hear that you are feeling ok after chemo :)

Ruthbru - thank you! I look forward to the day when I don't have that anxiety and dread hanging over me every day

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2017

Grandma3x

Also grandma to 3. here .....I swear on the Vit D3, Mine was so low for so long its just recently that its in normal ranges and I can defiantly tell a difference in how I feel .

• peregrinelady
    peregrinelady Member Posts: 416
    edited June 2017
    Grandma3x, I had an oopherectomy during my DIEP flap surgery and the gynecological surgeon said it only added 20 minutes to the surgery. It was actually my breast surgeon who recommended it for me because of family history. My twin sister passed from breast cancer six months before my dad died from pancreatic. No ovarian in the family but she said they are all related. She also encouraged removal of healthy breast although she said she usually advocates against that. The only noticeable side effect that I have had is hot flashes, but even they have mellowed out. I am glad I did it because I later had a blood clot and could no longer take Tamoxifen. The added benefit is less estrogen circulating in your body.
  • grandma3X
    grandma3X Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2017

thanks, Perigrinelady! I'm already postmenopausal so my ovaries are not functional now anyway. I had a few odd ultrasound results which is why I'm considering the oopherectomy. How was your recovery after the oopherectomy?

• peregrinelady
    peregrinelady Member Posts: 416
    edited June 2017
    Well, since I had it at the same time as my DIEP surgery, I don't know if I had any issues from the oopherectomy. My recovery went fairly well, and my follow up with Obgyn was fine. The only symptom that I read about with oopherectomy is they fill you with gas to get to the ovaries and that can be painful, but that didn't happen with me since I was already open for the DIEP. Are you having liposuction for your fat grafting? That was painful for me, but have heard others say it wasn't that bad.
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,582
    edited July 2017

Hi ladies, hope everything is going well. I am checking in a little early as I am having the much thought about hysterectomy next Monday. I have had a busy month; family company and our big annual 4th of July party took care of the first week of July & I have been busy with 'this and that' since; along with normal things, doing the pre-op and trying to get heavy cleaning, shopping, closet cleaning etc. etc. all the stuff I either won't be able to do, or might not feel like doing, done. I am at the 'let's get this over with' stage of the game. Hugs to all!

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    edited July 2017

Ruth, I am praying for you. Hopefully you will find the recovery easy.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Thanks. Molly. I am hoping recovery will be so smooth that I will have to force myself NOT to do too much! If not, I bought the first four seasons of Mary Tyler Moore to binge watch Loopy.

• Molly50
    edited July 2017

oooh MTM!! I will come join you!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Come on over; bring coffee and munchies!

• opt4life
    opt4life Member Posts: 111
    edited July 2017

Ruth, wishing you a speedy recovery! Yep, I certainly could join in on the MTM show but most of all the munchies....love those even better than TV.

I hope everyone else is doing well and moving forward one day at a time.

I'm heading to the beach shortly without a computer...don't really know how that's going to work but looking forward to it just the same.

Peace and blessings all

• NisaVilla
    NisaVilla Member Posts: 505
    edited July 2017
    Ruth - so Monday is the big day?! Wishing you a quick recovery and that you get to play the "surgery-card" and get spoiled for as long as possible while you enjoy your MTM seasons!

Molly - I'm so behind readings post that I just noticed the lovely Nashville phone. Are you in there? They all look about 29 years old!

Tpralph - Hope all is going well for you.

My update: new MRIs bla bla bla... tired of medical stuff.

Hugs, Nisa 🌷
  • ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Let us know if there is any blah, blah, blah stuff we should know, Nisa.

Enjoy the beach, Opt4. My favorite, favorite place!!!!

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited July 2017

Joining Nisa in wishing you a speedy recovery, Ruth! Will be thinking of you!

Octogirl

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    edited July 2017

thinking of you ruth it will be over before you know it and you will be back to your old self.

Nisa, doing ok, going through chemo blah.... hope your mris are favorable!

• Molly50
    edited July 2017

Nisa, we range in age from 21 to 56 (me being the oldest). I am in the front row. :)

I hope the MRI blah blah blah means nothing bad just tests!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Thanks ladies! I will check in again later next week.

• mjsgumbas
    mjsgumbas Member Posts: 323
    edited July 2017

Ruth - hoping all goes well Monday and your recovery is quick and easy! Enjoy MTM and relax as long as you can use the excuse!!

Nisa - I hope everything is ok and it's just test blah blah blahs.... you are in my thoughts!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited July 2017

ruthbru - hope all goes smoothly for you tomorrow - will be sending positive thoughts!

nisa - hang in there, I'm with you on the being tired of medical stuff.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Survived surgery fine but the hospital food may kill me!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Hi ladies, thought I'd do an update. I got home from the hospital yesterday and am doing well. Lying low, drinking lots of water, walking a little etc. etc. When doing the surgery, the surgeon found that I had a stage 3 prolapse (with 4 being the worst) instead of the stage 2 that he had thought. I have strong core muscles which were holding things in place and masking the severity, but it wouldn't have lasted forever. So..... I am REALLY, REALLY glad that I followed my instinct and got this taken care of now.

I am going to follow the doctor's advice and just walk for 6 weeks (a couple friends of mine have told me horror stories of feeling good and doing to much too soon, so I am 'scared straight'! I think the hard part will be remembering not to do the lifting/pulling/carrying stuff you do in real life without thinking about it.

Anyway, I am fine and hope you are doing something more interesting than I am today! Loopy

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited July 2017

ruthbru - yay on all counts!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Yes, and the doctor's office just called. They routinely do a pathology report on anything they remove. They just wanted me to know that patholoy on the uterus is 'perfectly normal'. I wasn't really worried, but it still it is VERY nice to know!

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited July 2017

yay Ruth! Nothing wrong with laying low for a few days....

• Molly50
    edited July 2017

Ruth, get some sanitary pads and wet/freeze them. Next week or two your perineum will be sore and ice is soothing.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Thanks for the tip, Molly.

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    edited July 2017

Great news Ruth! Here's to quick and healthy recovery!

• NisaVilla
    NisaVilla Member Posts: 505
    edited July 2017
    Morning Ruth. Thank you for update. Glad to hear you are recovering well and fast. Here is a chance to do nothing for a week, enjoy that. I'm doing well. Last MRI showed no progression. I'm celebrating with a trip! :)
  • ruthbru
    edited July 2017

Yea! Where are you going, Nisa? I love to travel, even vicariously!

• mjsgumbas
    mjsgumbas Member Posts: 323
    edited July 2017

Glad everything went well Ruth!!! Hope you have a speedy recovery but take time to heal!!!

I'm with you on vicariously traveling....where are you heading Nisa?!?!? Glad everything was status quo - hope it stays that way!!!!

Hugs to all