Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

M, it's so funny you mention it, I have been trying to Skype you for the past two days, with no luck! You and John Wayne's account, both!

I don't know what 'tin of thins' is either, I am not ashamed to say it. A little bit scared to google it. But my curiosity is growing..

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Bobo, you need to message me to turn it on. I don't have the Skype on all the time. I tried googling, but I couldn't find anything more, than tins of cookies! LOL

DP will have to educate us! M x

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

Someone should ask Trixie...I bet she knows. I'm thinking condoms, but what do I know. I had a salad tonight also, and because I am pure like Bobo *cough cough*, I didn't give it a thought.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

I know what vanilla is,, but not tin of thins.  Skype!  You all are so sophisicated!  Maybe I need to start watching QVC and figure out who all these people are that you talk about.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Skype is excellent and so cheap to use. It can be with or without your webcam. Bobo called me one morning early and I refused to turn on my camera, for fear of freaking her out, with my madwoman hair and no makeup! LOL You can also use skype to just make international calls and even calling a cell phone, from Skype is only a few cents a minute. I use it all the time when I am away, to talk to Bec. We usually have an hour a day, Skype call, when I am overseas.

• prb1956
    edited January 2015

I tried to skype with a friend who had moved to Atlanta. It kept crapping out. We use a product called Zoom at work that works pretty good.

Oh Glennie, do not..I repeat... do NOT watch QVC. Have you learned nothing from our awesome DP and her mountain of boxes? QVC will sell you a paring knife for $50 and it's matching cover for $10, you'll pay hefty shipping and handling fees...and next thing ya know, you'll be needing a whole set because it's the special value of the day! Do you wear your purse? No? Then you are not QVC material... nothing to see here... move along.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

Tin is usually what holds dip, or chewing tobacco. Thins is cocaine. I don't know any sexual reference for this, but then again I am a bit under educated in that area!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

I did Skype with Sharon when she was in Brazil.  Her connection was rather wonky but it mostly worked!! One time I was only wearing my breast binder,,, and my camera only showed from tops of shoulders up,, and she saw naked shoulders and wondered if I was topless!  LOL! 

ooooo, S knows!  A tin of cocaine, perhaps??? hmmmmmm

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

hahaha... no dialing... "hello, texas please"... omg Bobo, you crack me up. I didn't even think of the Texas twang, that would be quite the pairing.,

Ok, I do think I've heard of sex being called vanilla as in plain old. I guess the condoms thing makes sense.. I am not googling however.. I am still recovering from the salad. I have no doubt that DP will fill us in whether we wish to know or not lol.

I've never Skyped, when I'm at home.. I am not usually in a state for people to see me anyways, lol. In fact this afternoon, I hadn't washed my face or even combed my hair, let along put a bra on when the BIL called to say he wanted to stop over for coffee. I ran around like a mad woman making myself look somewhat presentable for company.

M, I bet even when you think you are disheveled you look glamorous.

Time for bed, stopped in to see if DP had an update.... I'm hoping the morphine is letting her sleep.

Sweet dreams everybody.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

These are what my grandson asked for at Xmas. He was the only grandchild to get blank shoes. I painted them just before I left Canada. He likes them.image

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

Happy Birthday Glennie! Ava looked like she was totally in to celebrating with your. Did you get some cake?

DP, Won't you just fade away without some nutrients? What are they thinking? I hope you're able to get some sleep tonight and feel better in the morning. I'm jealous you talked to M. But not enough to get sick enough for her to call me.

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

Lucky sends his love too DP. He is really rallying.image

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

Finally got a family Xmas pic. Can you see the guinea pigs?image

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

Great picture! GS have 2 GP's also. Their tan one is Chip and the black and white is Comet.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

They do not have qvc here. I insist on changing hotels. I know that the Plaza hospital down the street has qvc. and nicer rooms. I'm thinking M spoke to someone else before I got on the line. I called nurse for pain meds shortly after we hung up and have not heard a peep from anyone since then. I keep forgetting what time I get drugs so that I know when I can have more. I hate asking like a junkie. But I am still taking much less than I am approved for.

I forget that people think I have an "accent". What do you think m? I always get asked where I am from because people don't think I have a drawl. But maybe it's jut their ears. Your accent was very exotic but easy to understand. It just took a second to dawn on me who would be calling me. Wide awake now. Need to charge phone. I wondering they would let me wander halls. Other room had a walker in it. This room has so many shower chairs and potty seats that the entire shower is full. Maybe I could roll down the hall with the potty chair like a walker. Ha They also have not brought me any toiletries. Thats on my list Of needs from home today. But nurse did ask if I took a shower today. With what? Spit?

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

oh lucky puppy! Sneak him under my covers fur ball! And Ava! Oh my gosh. And she is having. Her own you can leave your hat on party.

Andrea those shoes are great. You are so so talented. I'm going to fight etsy for you. I did read about how you can cluster your stores with other sellers. Weren't we talking about that? If I ever get my computer today I will be researching.

Did I tell y'all that Clueless came to visit today? And her sister and my friend Judy. Judy was coming anyway and I guess the other two decided they didn't want to work. It was very nice of them though. She did look very pretty. Has lost 100 lbs. still with 50-85 to go I would say. I had to tell her she looked pretty even though I got on other friend for acknowledging. I understand now that she couldn't help it. Lol

I did finally figure out what vanilla meant silly girls. Don't remember when though. Don't know about tins of thins. I thought we were talking about tiimtams.

I am at no risk of wasting away but one would think I need some sort of nutrition. But they act like they dont know about pancreatitis here either. If I has not already had it in my 20s and taken care of properly, I would be clueless and deciding I should eat clear foods after one day like the idiot dr suggggested.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Haha, DP, you're in a store room, not a room, they put you in a store room! I demand a better room for you! One with cable! Hand on heart, I simply called the Hospital, gave your name and ward and I was straight through. I didn't give anyone a serve along the way!

You have a lovely accent and voice DP, no twang, no drawl, I would describe it as the voice of a professional woman. I do try to speak slower, when I speak to Americans and Canadians. I noticed when I worked at United, I could be prattling on and they'd be looking at me with their head cocked to one side, and a bit of a "Deer in the Headlights" look because they weren't catching it all.We also tend to shorten things too, it is hard when you're not used to it.

You crack me up, did you take a shower? what with spit? bahaha, always know I will get a laugh from you DP.

Go wander the halls, you never know who you might meet. I always spend the night wandering the halls in Hospital, it helps the time go by.

Andrea, gorgeous family! I see the guinea pigs and it looks like you've got my Dexter there too! Aww Lucky, what a sweetie! So glad he's doing better! Love the Eagle and the Wolf shoes!

Hahah Wrenn, that's funny! I wish we could get on a conference Skype with all of us, that would be fun!

Oh my ldesim, your reaction to the salad, is still making me smile! I don't know why you think I am glamorous when dishevelled, just ask Colin, he'll burst that bubble!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

So clueless came to visit! You've got me scratching my head, wasn't it you who brought up the tin of thins? If not, I have no idea where that came from.

I was thinking of you, so I just painted my toes with OPI "Lucertainly Look Marvelous!" my favorite Pewter color. I thought if you can't do a pedi, I will do it for you! M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

best statement ever: m: "I try to talk slow when I am speaking to Americans or Canadians." BWAHAHAHAHAHHA I love it.

Oh who knows what auto correct or mixed up words I have been making m. I keep trying to reread and fix them. I just wanted you to stuff yiur bra with timtams. My phone must have has better ideas. Mmm timtams. Still starving.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

Hi DP! **waving** Set your phone alarm for when you need pain meds. Or maybe have Bond do it? FFS, you shouldn't have to keep track of those things.

No QVC at your junior samples hospital? Mother F! You have wi fi, though, and when Bond gets there with your laptop you can watch streaming. Thank god. What are they, cavemen? Laughing that M says they put you in the storage room!

How are you feeling? Is anything they are doing making you feel at all better? They had better watch out. M knows your exact phone number now. She will have no problem calling your section at the hosp and doing the Dance of the Humpyback Spider over the phone. They will not be able to see her. But they will get it.

Idesim, laughing at the mental picture of you, no makeup, crazy hair, no bra, and then flapping around to cake up for your company! You are so funny!

Will check in later. XXX

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Alarms in phone excellent idea. I need to do that too! Always running late getting kids out and forget my morning meds.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

OOOOO,, piccies!  Love the shoes. You are so talented, Andrea.  And I see the guinea pigs.  Your kids have your smile!!  So glad Lucky is feeling better!!

NO QVC, DP???  What the heck kind of hotel is this?  They better not charge for Wifi like some places do.  Hard Rock Hotel, expensive as all crap, charges extra for Wifi.  Tip the bellman and he will tell you the password. Insanity that your room is storage. I say walk the halls with potty chair. That will get some attention and maybe they will clean things up. If you are in pain, ask for meds. We do not want you in pain.  It's ordered, take it!!  When your computer arrives, you can skype M and she can do the Humpy Back Spider Dance on Skype for the dicktors if they don't shape up!!

**waving to all**

• prb1956
    edited January 2015

Wow Andrea, those shoes are great. I love how you use the dark canvas for shading...sure genius! Reminds me of a painting class I took in college where my classmate painted a sailboat on the seas thing...he threw sand on the wet paint for the rolling water and then rubbed the paint into the canvas for the sail because..well duh.. sails are made of canvas. Looked so real. Did I mention this before? Seems like I have.

DP.. you were the one who commented about thin tins and vanilla...and of course Bobo and Trixie thought it was sex related because they are both such deviants. Can't keep their minds out of the gutter for one minute.

Girls, girls, girls.. there is a reason DP can't eat anything. The pancreas gets involved every time we eat anything. It needs to calm it's little self down, and the only way to do that is to not disrupt it by saying "hey, there's something in the stomach that needs digesting!". I know this because when my sister had pancreatitis from her infected gall bladder, they wouldn't let her have anything either. Once that pesky pancreas calmed down, she was able to have her gall bladder out.

Oh, and beautiful family there Andrea. Husband looks high... on life of course! And since you're Canadian, if M ever calls you, she will speak slowly for you too.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2015

Happy belated birthday Glennie and PRB's daughter!

Andrea, love the family pic and the shoes, how talented you are.

I am ALMOST Canadian so M will have to speak slowly to me too!! The funny thing is whenever we travel.. especially in the south they all guess we are from Canada. My son's first college room mate was from NE and he kept saying to us that ds had an accent but he just couldnt quite place it, I told him it was Canadian!! As he was in school up north he came to believe me!

DP, how are things today.. wow such shit you have to contend with there.. think we all better get down there to keep them on their toes for you. How are Bond and gps doing? Take good care of yourself and take meds. I remember when dh ended up in hospital with diverticulitis they hooked him up to iv and no food for days as the colon needed to just rest, then only things like clear broth and jello were introduced, not fun.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

Andrea.. those are gorgeous.. the shoes and the pics :) Lucky is adorable.. and your family is beautiful. I'd be happy to sell your shoes for you... I could open an Etsy store or sell them on Ebay and send you the profits.

I forgot what else I was going to say.... DP you did say Thins in Tins haha.. I am laughing over that... here we are running with it and it's a typo!

No QVC? What kind of torture chamber did they send you too?? Laughing over M doing the humpy back over the phone.... DP, you'll know she called and gave them a reaming when you have a team of people coming in your room to give you manis/pedis, shampoos & massages.

I came on here just to get an address... I really have to get back to work.

Have a great day everybody... XOXO

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

I must look back at the tins post and see why I was talking about. Vanilla was referring to sex. Pretty sure I was timtam talking. I bet m called and said I need to speak with nurse magoo! CyberKnife last just called. I still don't like her. I asked to reschedule for next week. She would not. Said they would keep checking on me with this hospital. Because in not capable of telling you when I'm ok? Oh people are just making me so mad.

Nothing they are doing is making me feel any better other than the morphine that is. It's probably about time again. I keep phone alarms see at home to tememeber my pills. Stomach looks pregnant and feels sour. Waiting on gma to call and bring supplies. Want a shower. Don't want to use this gross soap. She brought the most random assortment of things yesterday. Mostly useless stuff. I did change into the shirt she brought me this morning. But it was still an odd choice. Anyhow. Bond is on my nerves currently. You guys know how much I care and I know this is hard on him. But you know what? It's kind of hard on me too so maye he could shut it and stop being such a girl or five minutes. He has always has this martyr complex too which does not help matters.

Ok going to seek thin tins post.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

lol. Typo.

"I knew what tons of things meant but the one that always bothered me that I could not figure out was vanilla."

Tons of things. LOL. Bobo can I have a piece of your stuffed roasted goat?

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

Forgot to say about birthday list. I've been asking for one of those! Anyhow, maybe we should keep it compiled with the card/address list? Thoughts? I could put it together in a spreadsheet. I have the free time at the moment. If anyone will ever be if my laptop.

If you Want to be included just PM with this info (all optional info of course)

Screen name

Real name

Birthday

Address

Phone number

Text ok?

Winter Holiday celebrated? (Ie, Xmas, hanakuh, none. Etc)

If this already exists in such a form that's great. Can I have one?

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

I think Z has a list that is pretty close to this.   I have a copy and it has addresses, but not phone numbers.

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the compliments. And ldesim for offering to sell my shoes.

PRB, so thats what high looks like. Lol. Actually it doesnt get any better than that. I was delaying his post work smoke and he was grudgingly getting his photo taken.