Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

Should we send some goodies to the nurses with a note "thanking them for taking care of our girl"? Might help make them step up a bit? S

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

DP whats the water pressure like in the shower? Endless hot water for free. Are the towels any good?i always had scratchy ones.

My daughter had Mammo and U/S and now has to wait for the results. Should only be a couple of days. But she is going on a get- away with her husband tomorrow to Phoenix. First trip away without the kids. I have never had one of those...jealous much? Lol.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Andrea, fingers crossed that all is well for your daughter!

Sgc, that's an idea! Bombing the Nurses station with goodies, it worked for Bobo's Dad.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

towels scratchy but water good. I was surprised by it. Y'all are silly bribing nurses. Lol. They are already treating me ok now. At least the drugs come fast over here. Also if I say I don't want to take something they don't make me. I like that.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

fingers crossed for daughter Andrea. I take the waiting as a good sign. Seems bad news is always seen right away. You need a honeymoon!

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015
    DP I agree with you about hearing the bad news sooner. But this is Canada we are talking about. Like their mail, the medical stuff moves at a snail's pace.
    I had a call back with my mammo. Then another Mammo followed by an U/S. But they told me after the U/S that I would need a biopsy. I am confident her news will be good.
    A Honeymoon?? That is funny. We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves without the kids and all their issues. We have nothing else in common to talk about....except maybe money issues. Nah, let's not have a honeymoon. Lol.
  • bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

How you feeling today DP? I don't care if we scandalize the volunteer -- she should not be reading your emails anyway! :)

That's a good idea about the sanitizing wipes. Have you got the qvc fired up yet? I don't think TNB was on last night. Bummer. I must say, I don't watch FNB without Lisa R. I can't believe the person they have selected to fill in! She is not a good match! She is matronly.

Anyone with you in the hospital? GPs? Or would you just rather get on with it without someone looking at you every minute? I remember DLLP had to work a lot, and do house things, and I was on my own a lot. There were positives and negatives about that.

How is your pancreas? Trying not to make that sound smarmy :) When will you get to eat? XXX

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Hi DP!

Another sunny day in the bluegrass state. Took kids to park yesterday. BG fell off bridge. Scared everyone but ok. Pants are probably ruined from mud. Thinking about going back again today. Hard to pass up 50+ in January.

Had dog class last night. Right next to target. More Timtams.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

How did dog do? Any suggestions from trainer

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

Hi DP!  Glad that the nurses are treating you ok.  We are not opposed to bribing!!  Nurses love food gifts.  I have worked in real hospitals for years and know this for a FACT.  Pizza delivery?  Donuts?  Candy?  One of those large cookies?  We can do it.   Oooo, we could send Tim Tams!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

good morning ladies. Not in a huge amount of pain today. No morphine since around 3am I think. Trying to lay off today so I can judge where I am at. If it is still like this later, I am going to try jello for dinner. I keep asking for a menu. I don't want beef broth or lime jello. Did I say that bond found the nail polish I wanted? Will do pedi I want after all. Yay. Going to get up and put face on before gpa gets here. He is stoping by this morning. I would honestly rather be without people staring at me all day. But visitors at night make it less boring. Of course that isn't how it usually works out. I don't like her on FNB either bobo. I don't get it.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

trainer said banish her from bed/furniture. She did some serious growling this am. Threatened boy with no park, straight to bed. He finally confessed he was crawling under her. It's not her fault I can't control my kids.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

Yea for bond. I bet mine couldn't do that.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

I shudder to think what mine would do if I asked him for specific nail polish.. he'd probably throw everything into a trash bag and lug 10 pounds of shit to me. I'm impressed with Bond.. well done DP! :) So glad you aren't in a lot of pain... I am laughing over the decision of jello for dinner.. yumm yummm!

I'm supposed to be working, but don't really feel like it... have to leave in a couple of hours for Herceptin appt.

I sent an email through the hospital thing last night, but I kept it tame until we figure out what the process is. I'm going to pee myself laughing if DP gets like 100 emails delivered.

Zils, scary about BG.... 50+ must feel soooo good, send a little of it my way... so damn cold here. Do we need to have an intervention over your Tim Tam addiction? :) Well... the packages ARE small, I can't blame you.

Andrea, I'm confident too!!

M, no lemon drizzle cake left at the nurses station? :)

Going back to work... *hugs*

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

idesim I am peeing over DH lugging you 10 lbs of shit. That's great.

Now second guessing eating tonight. It's cuz the dr agreed. Ha. But he says he doesn't think pain will resolve due to disease. So how will I know if my pancreas is better? Whatever. I hate this shit. No email deliveries. Maybe bobo gave last a heart attack.

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

Great news: DH got a call from nurse saying everything looks good! Yay.

Still doesnt know root of her pain.

Getting snow here now. It was coming down big and fluffy and I desperately wanted to try and catch a flake on my tongue, while walking the dogs. Immature, I know. Anway it didnt happen. But not for lack of trying. I got flakes in my eyes, down my shirt, even in my nostril. But none on my tongue. Maybe next time I will open my mouth...lol.

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

Hooray Andrea!

Z, did you dive in after her? You must have been scared. I swear BG and our princess are twins! Hmmm... you are right. Boy should not crawl under Sassafire and freak her out. Poor Sassafire, I know she is trying to be a good girl. I am freaked out by my kids too sometimes at the end of the day. Oh, esp when they were smaller. W boy used to get a running start, then come right for me, intentionally banging his head into me. It caught me right on my... I know, we always go there... pelvic bone? pudendum? I used to see stars. I would cry to my therapist about it! When I dodged him he would just keep trying.

Our princess used to dive off of things, arms spread, and scream, Catch me! I was at the chiropractor several times. Sorry M. But there was one point at which I was seeing a green aura, it hurt so much, so off I went to a friend's chiro.

Anyway, imagine if you were a dog! That would really freak your freak! The thing is, they love her and they're just playing like kids play. So hard.

Breaking news: MD is taking pictures at the wedding

**mic drop, leaves the stage**

Oh wait. ps. I have already sent two emails to DP today. I want them to keep having to hump them in to her. It's funny! XXX

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

MD taking pics at wedding???  Oh,, there will be a lot to report afterwards.

I emailed DP too!  Hump  to her room!

Good news Andrea!!  YAY!!

Little kids have tried to ride Ava. She doesn't like that and tries to move away. I get them off quick.  She is not pony.  She has only growled once,, at the puppy when he kept biting her nipple non-stop for 10 mins. She had finally had enough. She is fairly patient,,,,especially for a fierce pit bull.  ***laughing**   She is afraid of onion.   ROTF.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

time to get tough with all. Need to learn acceptable behaviors for all

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2015

Good news Andrea! No way is catching snowflakes immature! Love to do it, guess it means I just have a much bigger mouth than you❄️. Keep trying.

MD is the photographer?.. Will be interesting, so how did that come about?..still think you should move the whole thing up a couple of hours and maybe she will miss it.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Morning all! Up early today, but can't get Dex to go out for a pee. It is warm and sunny, but he goes out turns and straight back in. I have no idea what that's about.

Z, glad you spoke to the trainer, it is hard with small kids, to watch everything they're up to. It's a tough call for you to make about the dog, but maybe taking the bed and furniture rights away, may stop the territorial behavior.

Andrea, so glad there is some good news for your daughter! Had to laugh at the thought of you trying to catch a snowflake on your tongue and how that may have looked, to onlookers! That's cute! LOL

Bobo, MD as the photographer, well that will keep her occupied.

Oh Bobo, that made me smile! The Princess spreading her arms and shouting "Catch me!" Did that last long? I have to wonder after a couple of misfires, that habit would have been terminated. That head but, from the boy, wouldn't have been pleasant either! I am still laughing that you'd immediately think "Chiropractor" for that injury! LOL

I think I may have mentioned this before, Bec used to have this incredible tantrum throw, when she was very small, still in diapers. She would get frustrated over something, make 2 fists stiffen up and then she could draw her legs up into a sitting position and she'd thump down to the floor. It was the weirdest thing to watch;'cause it was so fast. I have to admit to instigating it, just for the comedy value! Well, Bec was toilet trained by her first Birthday, by my Mother, who insisted kids had to be trained and out of diapers by that time. I went along with it, because I had no idea and none of my friends had kids yet, so Bec was the trial model, for all of us. Anyway, a truckload of little pink and white panties arrived with my Mother and Bec took to toilet training like a duck to water. A couple of days into the training and wearing nothing but a pair of pink panties, Bec cracked it over something and decided to throw one of these tantrums, well between her choice of venue, the kitchen tiles, and the lack of diaper padding, it was a sight to behold. I am glad I was there for it, because that was the last time, it ever happened. What I wouldn't have given for a picture of that face when she hit the tiles, sans padding. LOL

I read the whole email thing and it said you had to send before 12 for that day, delivery, so I think DP is going to get an Email bomb! Should have happened by now.

ldesim, Colin would be the same, every bottle of nail polish would have arrived in a bag, just in case! I hope your Herceptin treatment is over for another 3 weeks!

DP, I am guessing dinner is over now, what happened? Did you eat jello?

Glennie, poor Ava being used as a pony by little kids, she's so sweet and the puppy deserved to be growled at!

Scratchy towels, DP? I have to admit that they are my favorite. I have lovely soft towels for guests, but I love a pure cotton, dried in the sun, till it is crunchy, towel!

Shower time, beautiful day, but it is going to be hot. I am going to the Opp Shop this morning, it is very weird now that my friend is gone, not as much fun, as before. Take it easy, waving to everyone....M x

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

wooooohoooooooo.. doing the happy dance. They had no idea what could be causing the pain??? I think she should seek out another Dr. It might be cysts or something... I don't recall the original complaint... but she shouldn't have to be in pain.

geez on 3rd attempt at iv... I'm swear I drank my water.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Oh Bugger, ldesim, I thought you'd be on your way home by now! Ouch! 3 goes at an lV, that's gotta hurt!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

UGH!! 3 tries??? Sucks!!

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

F me, Idesim, are you okay? Wincing as I read that. In the bag with you. In fact, I believe I will crack a beer in your honor. I have had so many failed needle sticks, oh, I feel your pain.

M, the 'Catch me!' phase lasted for years! She thought it was funny! Went to chiro because one day I dove down a flight of stairs after her, broke her fall with my body. Really hurt my back!

ND, having MD take pictures was my idea to keep her occupied! Now, granted, she will swan around, gathering focus, ordering people to pose and arranging them (though I have warned her against that), but then she will not be openly disapproving of and criticizing me. She has an eagle eye out for any way in which her W boy might be slighted. Ooh! Phone! It is MD! She has called twice today.

BREAKING NEWS: MD claims she is going to be here at the tiny house at 8 a.m. the morning of the wedding. Yikes. :(

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

I reply to myself, as usual, someone has got to do it. Hi DP! **waving** Just forgot to tell you that I dedicated my practice to you again today, breathing in love and gentle warmth to send to you, and breathing out any pain you might have. Did it work? XXX

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

OMG, seriously??? 8 am??? Maybe I can get up earlier,,,,

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

ldesim: where are you? Doctor shot and killed at Brigham's Hospital !!!

Edit: that was yesterday.. Was in panic wondering where you were. Too many crazy people out there.

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

omg.... 8 am... md arrival???? That's just torture!!!! Bobo I hope this idea doesn't backfirbackfire on you.

loved the Bec, princess & w boy stories.

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

needles don't bother me.. didn't hurt.... I'm annoyed because it causes delay. I think they are only allowed to attempt it twice and if they fail, they have to get another nurse.

Yeah Glennie that was yesterday and its across the streets... I go to Beth Israel.

heh, that reminds me of having my drains removed and the marathon bombing.. that seems so long ago, but wasn't even 2 years ago yet... I don't think.

thanks for worrying Glennie!!