Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

this place is pissing me off too. We need to stage a riot, or bust you out to a better place,, if one exists. I have lack of faith in hosptials anymore.  Wish we could order in an IV with nutritions in it,,, like ordering in for Chinese.

Bobo,,, in case you were wondering,, it's my birthday!  I am old lady of 56 today.  But I am ready to dance with lampshade on head next week at your wedding!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

Happy birthday glennie!!!!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

thank you DP.

Tell the next person that comes in your room that you at least need vitamins in your IV.   Preferably a peripheral concentration of TPN would be better, cuz then you would get amino acids. Have MO order it !!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Hi DP! Sorry your in forgotten land with stupid people. Maybe the night shift will be better.

Is bond assertive or you all like bobo and he's not recognized. Hopefully tomorrow will be better since it's a proper work day.

Happy birthday glennie!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

OMG, Happy birthday G! What did you do today? Anything fun? No wonder we were talking about drugs so much.

Hmm. DP, you must ask for the charge nurse. No more Magoo. Although the phrase 'Magoo nurse' is making me laugh. You must get the nurse in charge of the floor, and you must tell her you need someone good to coordinate your care. We need you taken care of by a real professional.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

BG singing "head, shoulders, toes and butt" at top of her lungs. Thinks butt is funny. She's only two! And a girl. I expect this from the boy.

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

BG! You smut-peddler! Z, did you and I accidentally switch BGs this week? :)

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

I reply to myself. DP! No pants!

Photo: Patrick McMullan

Around 2007, the media went into a tailspin over the supposed epidemic of starlets wearing shirts without pants. Mary-Kate Olsen and Sienna Miller wore only opaque tights under their shirts, to the scolding of many. "Sienna Miller, did you look in the mirror before leaving the house?"nagged PopSugar. "What was she thinking?" keened People StyleWatchof an Olsen grunge-inspired (and pantsless) look. These fevered outlets seemed to be forgetting that one woman, and one woman only, lit the tights-as-pants dynamite — and it wasn't trousers antagonist Lady Gagaor recent innovator Cara Delevingne.It was OG starlet Elaine Stritch,

Stritch famously eschewed pants, preferring a uniform of an oversize white shirt and opaque black Wolford tights (''Mention them, maybe I can get a free pair,'' she once told an interviewer). The look became an on-and off-stage uniform. A New Yorker review of her show at the Café Carlyle noted she was wearing "nothing resembling pants." She was also known for her love of hats — immortalized in the Sondheim line "Does anyone still wear a hat?" — and oversize round glasses.

The reasoning beyond her preference for tights was more opaque than the stockings themselves. In an awkward Indiewire interview, Stritch avoided giving a reason for her choice.

Well, you don't have to worry about packing pants.
    ES: No pants?
    You don't accumulate pants.
    ES: I don't understand.
    You don't wear pants. I was trying to make a joke.
    ES: I don't know what you mean. I'd like to get the joke.
    Chiemi Karasawa: No, because you're famous for wearing your tights and your men's shirts.
    ES: Oh, tights!
    And for not wearing pants.
    ES: I honest to God don't know what you're talking about. I wear slacks. I'm quite serious, I don't understand what you're talking about.
    CK: Because whenever you perform you wear tights.
    ES: I wear tights!
    CK: And so people consider that you don't wear pants.
    ES: But I don't call tights pants.
    CK: That's what he's saying.
    ES: I see, OK. Alright, let's press on.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Thank you!!  Sharon took me out to breakfast and Ava made me laugh.  It was a good day.  Now I'm working,, but what the hell?

BG is too funny.     ES is a hoot.

I like Magoo nurse term too.  but you need real nurse.  A really good nurse.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

Happy, happy birthday Glennie!

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

Working on your birthday??

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

i know, right,, but it's a school holiday,, and all the Mom's with kids took off,, so I didn't.

BTW,, I went off the Prozac last week,,, it wasn't helping with the hot flashes,,, but mentally I feel much better!  I think it was making me depressed. Still have hot flashes,, but whatever!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

Happy Birthday Glennie, I hope you had a wonderful day. Loved the Ava onion story, too damn funny.

DP, WTF?!?!?! It sounds like a major clusterfck going on over there... honestly, I haven't heard of such a fiasco, since Bobo's procedure.. you sure you aren't in FL? Geezus H. I am so pissed off, you shouldn't be getting this type of treatment, I am also upset that you had to put chemo and cyberknife on hold. I hope that by now you have received some sort of nutrition.... FFS you need to keep your strength up.. you can't exist on saline for days!! WTF? I'm hoping this will take care of all the pain you've been having and you'll back on schedule by end of week... just a little setback. I'm so damn pissed though. Has Bond brought you your new lounge wear yet? How is he doing btw?

I hope you got her on video, Z... I bet it's adorable!

oooo Bobo, I want to hear all about your new lounge wear!!

Had a great day today, house all to myself and got a lot of stuff done... I have a nephew in the Air Force that I haven't seen since summer and he flew in today and stopped by for a few hours, which was really nice.

*waving to everyone*

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

real nurse came. Also thinks nutrients don't matter. Am I crazy?

So my phone just rang and this exotic woman asked for ME. It was M! What a lovely surprise. Now I have big smile. Very lovely to actually speak to you. Next time maybe I won't be Doped up and we can talk important stuff like skin care. Ha! :-)

No pants party!!! That pic is awesome. Those are some legs! I am currently sporting pj leggings (which are looser than normal leggings) with hospital gown up top. Wore fuzzy cowl neck lounge top here but its too hot. Will get someone to bring me tank tops. Got new ones from tlc catalog sale out away yesterday. Never tried those kind before. Bra hooks hidden inside. This gown is itchy. How inappropriate to take it off and have a no shirt party? Lol.

Maybe my LE therapist can come to my room for appt tomorrow. Or i could get wheeled down to her. It would break up the day. And also maybe help this swelling. Nothing on tv. Ooohh I can listen to book now that I have phone charger. Sweet!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

Love the onion story too. Onions strong right now. Must have rolled out of someone's grocery bag.

Didn't even think to video it. She is stuck on herself. Won't watch tv but asks to see BG videos.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Why not have no shirt party?   I vote for it.   I think excellent idea about seeing your LE therapist!

and you talked to M???!!!  Sweet!!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

way to go idesim. Fitting in a visitor and getting stuff some too. Way good job.

Z I think I like this song. BUTT! BUTT! hehe. Reminds me that I kept meaning to ask is it odd that I have just know about tossing salads since I was a teen? Not sure why, just knew. bG could be I her way to a wealth of filthy knowledge. I knew what a tin of thins meant but one that always bothered me was I couldn't find out what "vanilla" was. I so find that comical.

Glennie so glad your off Prozac! Did you taper? Those drugs scare me.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

i only did 2 day taper, cuz Prozac has long half life,,, it's like 9 days before it is totally out of your system. Counting down,,,,

The others you have to do longer taper,,,  I don't like these drugs either. 

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

I had the no top party after BMX. It was too hot. Just undies and hand towel for drains. I was cute. NOT. But comfortable.

So glad you got to talk to M!

Lobby for the LE. It always made me feel better. Do they have any other services? Went to support group and was told this particular hospital offers hand massages and coloring manalas and breathing coaches. I'll try to remember what dept it was.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

Many Happy Returns of the Day Glennie!!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

imagethe party girl!

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

omg so damn cute!!! Did she help blow out the candles. I too don't like those drugs.. glad you are off of it.

DP, how exciting you got a call from M!!!! That's like getting a session with the Queen, I hope you curtsied. How awesome was her accent? I too find they keep the hospitals too damn hot. I say go for the no top party too.

Z, you always were brave.. going around with no top and going around bald... good on you. I was too much of a wimp.

After the salad.. I don't want to know what tin of thins or vanilla stands for... I would rather remain blissfully ignorant.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

Omgosh Ava is Adorable!!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Awww, Ava has a party hat!

Exotic, me, DP? I was worried you wouldn't understand the 'strine accent, but you did good! "I have a big smile on my dial!" that's aussie slang! It was so good to talk to you, you did not sound doped up to me, but I didn't want to tire you out, talking. I'd love to do it again!

Trying to work out how we can have TimTams fed to you through an lV, now that, would do you good!

Happy Birthday Glennie, I already sang to you on the other thread!

DP, why am not even a little surprised, that you knew about Tossing Salad too? hahaha

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

M, you are simply awesome.

Oh, Ava! Oh, she has human eyes, she is better than a human, I just love her so much!

DP, is there nothing on TV? Can you get qvc? Wait, just going to turn on Isaac after I pee. I too am not surprised that you inherently knew was salad tossing was. Was eating a salad tonight and didn't think of it at all, because my mind is not in the gutter that way.

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

what?!??!!? You started all this salad nonsense!!!!

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

Happy Birthday Glennie! Working on your birthday is technically a sin! Repent, or at least take a break and have another piece of cake. DD and I didn't do anything today. I was kind of depressed, no party for her, her turning 13 and no longer a little girl.. boo hoo. She loved the garnet cross I gave her, so that made things all better.

Z- I hope you get BP on video singing at the top of her lungs. DD used to belt it out in the shower and I would stick my camera in there and record it. Love to watch that stuff. Plus, are you writing down the cute things your kids are saying and doing? Everyone encouraged me to do that (because they wished they had done it), and I am so glad I followed their advice. So neat to read now.

Oh what I wouldn't give to have heard that conversation between M and DP! The Aussie and the Texan with their respective accents and twangs trying to understand each other! I bet that was something. LOL at bow to the queen. What a perfect comment! I'm sure that's how M got through to DP... Texas? This is the queen calling. Damn staff at that hospital probably thought it was Barbara Bush.

DP - I swear.. I'm going pretend I'm a doctor and have you transferred to a different hospital. There are plenty in Dallas and maybe we can find you one with competent help. I am only half joking.

While I'll admit to knowing about salads... I don't know what that thin tin or whatever it was called is...and I am not going to google it. I am not! Hell, I didn't know what twerking was, and dd refused to tell me. Some boy at school was 'twerking' at her and she was ticked...so I looked it up and started laughing. She was not amused and that pretty much seals my fate - I am not up for the mother of the year award.

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

PRB, you make me laugh! That's how M called our DP... she just picked up her phone, didn't have to 'dial' a number, someone came on the line, and she said, 'Hello. Texas, please.'

DP, I am watching Isaac right now. I am a little behind because of the Bachelor. They are doing a high-low tunic. He is doing an 'Essentials' line. That idea reminds me of EF. But EF would never do these colors, they are capital-F Fugly.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Hahaha, you girls crack me up! I get such a buzz out of talking to Bobo on Skype, when we get around to it. No problem my end with the accent, but I did over 11 years with United, so every day was an accent from the US, I got pretty good at recognizing where from, too. DP seemed to understand me, but I did try to slow down a bit, just in case.

Anyhoooo, meant to say ,I don't know "tin of thins"???? But as far as I know, "Vanilla", is just plain old, normal sex, nothing kinky!