Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

oh she is!!  she feeds a feral cat colony.  Tries to capture them long enough to spay/neuter. Donates dog food/leashes etc to lower income people. She came over and trimmed Ava's nails for me when I was recovering from my MX!!  She has stopped her mail truck in the middle of the street to chase down a runaway dog!  Then calls the owner, ,if there is a tag, and says, "I got your dog"!!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

Anyone heard from DP? Or did I miss a post?

Had my first day of physical therapy-I am whipped from doing what I used to consider nothing! I hope my balance comes back quickly so I can get back to moving again! S

• SC60
    edited January 2015

Puppy alert: she is starting to look like a big girl now!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

PT will do that to you S,,,, I hope you get your balance back sooon.   Puppy is sooo cute!!!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2015

Cute puppy! PT is a good thing, I should be going for my shoulder.

Getting worried about DP, has anyone had a text? She said her eye sight was so bad yesterday. She is always on my mind.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

Waiting for a post from DP. S, so glad you are having PT! Although it is certainly a PITA.

Ooooh, if I had that puppy with me right now I would kiss her and kiss her! I would kiss her so much, she probably wouldn't like me!

MMMMMmmmwah! puppy! :)

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

Love the puppy?!!!!!!

Good grief! What airline was that!!!!!!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

Geez.. is that for real? What is it.. Pepto Bismo airlines?

Glennie what a wonderful woman she sounds like.. I hope you catch it on the news. Oh! I got my tattoos!! Thank you!! Actually, I think I got them a couple of days ago, but the envelope was mixed in with catalogs. I like the flower ones.. I'll have to play around with them.

Yay on the green card Andrea!

Fia, love the pic and love the exchange with the GF.. hope she doesn't burn the house down. I do have to say.. those break apart and bake cookies aren't too bad in a pinch. Laughing over the wheel spinning w/the hamster dead.. never heard that before, but love it.

Glad DP got her emails.. I was so busy today, I didn't get a chance to send one again.... I wonder why Bobo's was separate.. I bet it was really really bad. We haven't found out why the guy was wearing a suit though.

Sgc, congrats on getting through first day of PT.. I hope you aren't sore tomorrow.

Love that Pic of you M.

Hmm.. worried bout DP too.. hope she pops in soon or sends somebody a text....

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited January 2015

Looking out for DP too.

Good news for Andrea and Sgc. Wow, puppy is getting big!

I had a mammo the other day, on my remaining side, results came back all clear! Yay. Full scan sin about 6 weeks, I think.

Xx

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

Worried about DP. Wonder if she ate breakfast and had a flareup.

Do hospitals allow calls after visiting hours?

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

I hope you get your balance back too. That must be miserable. LOVE the puppy!

Hope DP had a good day.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

Cutie pie puppy. Yay dawny. Great news. Sorry for worrying. I've been sleeping all day and night. Lots of pain today. Think made switch too soon. I didn't want to but there was a big debacle this morning. hopefully this morning will go better. CyberKnife rescheduled to start on Monday. I may have led the woman to believe I was getting out tomorrow. I could if I wanted. I am the dr after all. Living all these emails. Great one from glennie about the wedding! Did y'all figure out Skype thing? I will prob be in middle of my procedure. Don't want to miss it. Glennieeeeee?????

Of all things I have heard today, here is the best:

"I don't pay attention to what happens to the balls afyer I pick them."

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Skype the wedding?  Me?  OMG,,,, help !!!!

DP:  sorry for pain.  Isn't the morphine helping?  **worried**

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

Sorry you are in pain DP. Can't they just give you immediate relief through your IV? What's the status on the pancreatitus? You might be going home tomorrow? That's great because this hotel has not been living up to our expectations for you. As your travel agents, we might have to file a complaint.

Whee on the cyberknife. lol@ you are the doctor afterall! So true!

Dawny - congrats on the all clear. Always a relief when good news comes our way.

Susan - omg that puppy is going to be the size of a pony when it grows up!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

DP, why are you in pain? What are they not doing? If you need a good Shirley Maclaine dummy spit, at the nurses station. I'll get dressed in the suit, Skype me in, on your iPad!

Glad to hear you are rescheduled for the cyberknife, how about chemo? Do you need another MRI now? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to catch up!

Sgc, that puppy is so gorgeous, she will be the size of a small horse before you know it! Is your husband still doing well? PT will get you moving right, again.

Dawny, great news about your appointment! Cool change here, rolling thunder, but it was stinking hot before it.

ldesim, Pepto Bismo airlines, that cracked me up! and they wonder where the name trolley dolly, comes from! LOL

I just went out for lunch with a gf, we sat outside in the cafe's garden as the cool change rolled in, it was lovely!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

assume pain from pancreas. Need to know if it hurts though. Upped morphine by 1 mg. it does not last very long time. No way to know about pancreas. These are longest nights ever. 12 hours. Ugh. Lunch sounds nice m. I love sitting outside and the smell if the breeze.

Maybe md schould become the skype videographer? Lol. Can mad world be the theme song? No reason. Just love it and it's on.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

DP, 12 hours is a long time, to be up on your own. I am sorry you're having to find if there is still pain in your belly from your pancreas. I hate that you're hungry and that you have to be there, at all.

Lunch was lovely, we went to Fisherman's Wharf, which is right on the straights near the ferry, opposite the island, it has a boardwalk in front and the boats pull up and people come into the cafe, or cross the road, to go to the little supermarket for supplies. There are Pelicans and Black Swans, Waterbirds and a pod of Dolphins are often there, playing in front of the boardwalk. The breeze off the water was lovely, it wasn't too busy, but there were a few people there with their dogs under the tables.

I went with my friend who moved here and ended up having to deal with all the treatment for BC, on her own, she has finished everything and had her first post chemo haircut, today. We always have a good time, with lots of laughs. She almost fell off her chair, when I pulled down my top, to flash her the temporary tattoo! LOL

Nothing on TV tonight, how can that be? so many channels and nothing that interests me, so I have the Pink concert from Melbourne last year, playing in the background.

I got a call from Colin 2 this evening, his next surgery is on Monday week, so that will be another one down.

I hope you can get some rest tonight...catch you tomorrow! M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

of course m has the perfect outdoor dining experience. As I was thinking of sitting on the patio at tex mex. M has dolphins kissing her toes. Ha! Love that you flashed friend. I bet she was in shock. Can't remember what all I read last night. Hope everyone has a good day.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

M is flashing out in public!   HAHAHAHA.  Can't take you anywhere.  Sounds like a lovely lunch.  I think we are all jealous.

DP:  it sucks that you still have pain.  What is their plan for today?  Glad Cyberknife is rescheduled!!

Agree that puppy will be a pony.  I hope DH is loving on him!

• ndgirl
    edited January 2015

Yep, we are all jealous of M's setting for lunch, especially those of us in the chilly part of country! Love the flashing story! I really need to try some temps for fun!

DP, sorry about not knowing the pain source, and that you are hungry. Enjoy reading all the emails over and over. I didn't send a dirty joke cause I can never remember them correctly.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

haha.. I actually had to read back to see if M got her toes kissed by dolphins.. thought I missed something... good one DP :)

DP, are you coming home tomorrow?? I don't want to send emails if you're not going to be there... I sure hope you are and I am thrilled to hear that Cyberknife is back on. How bout chemo.. when is that back on for? Sorry you are in pain, what are they planning to do about it?

M, lunch sounded lovely... I would love nothing more than to sit out by the water and see those nasty, beautiful black swans and OMG!! Dolphins.. I love dolphins... I want to kiss one so bad! I am so over winter. Yay to your friend who had her first haircut... that is such an amazing milestone when you reach it lol. I recently have discovered that my hair gets caught in my pocketbook strap... for a split second I got annoyed and then I realized.. OMG!! My hair is long enough to get caught in my pocketbook strap!!!! Woo hoo!!! I think I told you all.. I am growing this sh1t down to my @ss if I can!

M, I love Pink, is she doing all the aerial acrobats? I am in awe watching that... almost went to see her last year when she was in Boston... wishing that I did.

I can't imagine anybody being shocked by M flashing :) I am not surprised, one bit.

Can you use Skype that way?? A group of us can view at once? That would be so great!! I'd lock myself in the bathroom so as not to be interrupted hahah.

Guess I have to go back to work... so glad it's Friday.. TGIF.

• SC60
    edited January 2015

True Story: yesterday at PT I was on the stationary bike to "warm up". The girl helper person was chatting with me as I was peddling. She asked me what kind of cancer I had, which I thought was obvious, but any way I told her and sort of referenced my BMX. She then started gushing about "pinktober" and all the cute stuff. My response? I lifted my shirt and said, "breast cancer is not cute, it's ugly and all the pink trinkets won't change that. What will is research and a cure. So please skip the trinkets and donate to those charities that skip the profits and are really trying to do something". I thought she was never going to close her mouth! I said it with a nice voice, not angry, but I doubt she will ever forget it. Lo

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

Good for you! It's so hard for me to imagine that anyone thinks those trinkets are cute. Told my family I did NOT want anything pink.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

just popping on on free wifi. Went over data pkg. finally snowing here. Boy has swimming lessons and movie with friend tonight. Basketball game am. Then monster truck jam tomorrow night. Tubing next week. He's only 6 and has a better social life than me!

He's been on his best behavior so he can play with his leappad. She hasn't. Trashed her room. Trying to figure out how to lock toys in closet. It's full of holiday stuff.

Be back soon!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

sgc, you are a rockstar! That took a good deal of spunk to not just nod and uh Huh. Good for you for standing up for us all.

No plan for today. There's never a plan. Lol. I was going to go back to IV only after all the pain I had after breakfast. But then clear lunch came and I was so hungry. So I ate only the broth and cherry ice and iced tea. Noticed everything they gave me had citric acid. Hmm. Stomach has been fine since then. Maybe solids for dinner? This is so damn scientific. As long as I get home before Monday.... Probably be tomorrow.

Glittery dolphins are licking between m's toes and they are laughing and smiling. That's just how she rolls.

• ndgirl
    edited January 2015

Good for you Scg, I have a neice that is forever posting all this pink-tober shi$ on facebook and gushing over it too, so I finally had to respond and say "There is NOTHING cute or pink about breast cancer" and wish they would come to the realization that those funds should go to find a cure. Will see what she does next Oct., like you I dont want to be a real bitch to her because she really does mean well but people need to understand. But it makes them feel good I guess that they are doing something. Rant over.

Zills, I hear you about a 6 yeard old having more social life than us... I know for a face out grandkids do!

How is Bobo doing??

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

boy does have a demanding social calendar. I always find it hard to think of swimming lessons in the snow. Lol. Maybe he should slow down just a little. Like him being on best behavior. He should talk with bg about how things work.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

You go, S!!  You gave her a good education.

L:  I love that your hair annoyed you!!  How long is it now? Do we get pics?  If you ever come to FL, we will go to Marineland so you can get kissed by a dolphin.

DP:  How are you?  Did you eat today? How's the pain?

**waving to all**

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

You go girl!!! WooHooo!!!!

• SC60
    edited January 2015

SIS got her results from the biopsy. Not cancer! What a relief! S