Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

PRB, omg.. 50 sit ups? I'm not even sure I can do 5. I'm very impressed.. good for you :) Are you running on the treadmill or just walking briskly? I walk briskly.. not sure my knees could handle the running... geez listen to me.. I sound like I'm 68 instead of 48. Glad DD had such fun at camp, in fact I am jealous because it sounded like that much fun... I could go for a nice carefree week somewhere... anywhere.

ND and Glennie, hope you are feeling better. There's been a nasty virus going around my office lately.. knock on wood.. I haven't contracted it and I am not that good with hand sanitizer.

Haven't heard of this Peppa Pig had to google it... got this site.... http://search.wholesalehalloweencostumes.com/searc...

They have a bunch of party stuff.... prices seem reasonable... and they have coupon codes.... http://www.retailmenot.com/view/wholesalehalloween...

I'm surprised she's not a 2T, she seems big for her age? Swimming is fantastic for them... I've always loved to swim. What a nightmare to come home to... so cute though she wanted to clean it up herself and typical male wanting his bum wiped!!!!

Wren, I work with a woman that loves those exercises... I think she has a dvd and also steams it from YouTube.

Glad the princess had a great party.. how many kids showed up and did MD come too?

Posting.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Spooks,, no fence,,, it is community property,, HOA and all that. Ava does not like the water and she is always closely by me when we are out back.

ooooo, ldesim has found coupons for Peppa Pig!!  Woot!!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

omg Glennie... gators?????

I hate page changes :(

Hell, 33 items is probably all that I currently work with.. it's the bins in the basement i need to deal with.. but I keep telling myself I'll fit into the clothes again.

I'm peeing myself over BG and the 3 beans too...

Put me in the no white shirt category... I too am a slob and I am bound to drop or spill something whilst wearing a white shirt.. so I gave up on them years ago. M, seriously.... a tub of all white shirts?? lol...in my mind of course I am thinking of the 32 gallon storage totes I have downstairs... you don't mean that size do you? :) And 30+ handbags?? I'm not sure I've even had that many in my lifetime :) I've never been a clothes, shoes, handbag type of person.. I don't know why.. considering I had a really nice figured once upon a time. Even when I had a nice figure, I was never much into clothes or makeup, shoes.. etc. I would love to have a uniform, then I don't have to worry about what to wear. Better yet, I wish I could wear scrubs.. scrubs would be perfect and they come in multiple colors :)

I'm wondering what home health is too.... is it the pallative?? Thanks for update on DP, Z.

No work tomorrow.. I want to be excited.. but I think I'd rather be at work than shoveling more :(

Black still seems ok on me.. maybe because I still have a somewhat olive complexion.. although I've lightened as I got older. I like burgundy & navy too.. it's pastels that I don't feel I look to good in and don't really care for.

Would the cookies be Tim Tams, Z? :)

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

i loved wearing scrubs while I was still at the hospital. So many pretty colors and patterns.

Never saw any gators in my pond,,, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. Always best to be cautious. 

Ldesim,, you must be my sister,,, I was never into clothes or shoes or purses either. I could wear jeans every day and be happy.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

I wasn't familiar with Peppa Pig either, got it now.

ldesim, No, I don't mean one of those big tubs, just a smaller plastic tub. We have a store heer that puts out a range of these T shirts twice each year, they are cotton and elastane, a great cut and fit, so I just replace any stained or well worn Tshirts. When I find something I really like, I have a tendency to bulk buy, remember the Marika? LOL

Gennie, the very thought of Alligators nearby, freaks me out! I know we have some creepy critters here, but not crocks or alligators.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Glennie is right. It is 33 items per season and she's allowing 4 seasons.

Idesim, Don't blame you about rather working than shoveling. Sorry about Joe's back.

Z, My oldest grandson never ate anything green until he was grown - then he finally tried guacamole. He's 6'4" and healthy, so it's a lie that we can't live without vegetables. Soup and smoothies are good ways to sneak veggies in without them noticing.

M, I have 1 white short sleeve T shirt that I save for special occasions. I like both navy and burgundy, but both come in multiple shades that don't necessarily look good together. I have a wardrobe pattern that I want to make. It has long pants, capri pants, short and long sleeve jackets, a sleeveless top and dress. It's for knits only, so would be great for travel. As long as I keep the black on the bottom, it's ok. Almost all my winter jeans/slacks/etc are black.

DP, Hope you are able to get some rest and enjoy being with Bond and the pups.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

White tshirts...I have two of those and a white button shirt...all still have tags on them. I am too scared to wear them I guess.lol.

Thank you to the kind soul for sending me the sympathy card. It has been 9 days since Lucky left us. We are all adjusting. But I miss him.

I feel guilty...we have no snow at all here just below Pennsylvania border. I just hope it clears up, both for those living with it and for us travelling to Canada next weekend.

Hi DP. Sending loving thoughts your way.

Waving to everyone!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

send the snow down here! I'm tired of the rain too. How will I survive summer in Ireland? Won't get as lucky as last year!

BG is petite. About 28 lbs and 30 inches. I found her panties in 18-24 months. She's going to be 3.

Sasafire not interested in the water either. Loves snow. Has no desire to get into the pond. Looks like I'm going to have to go wading this summer. Kids would love it.

Just about everything I own has a stain. I'm not even sure I have dress up clothes. My dress pants don't fit and the cuffs are frayed. If I could lose another 5 lbs, I could go down a size. Come on Zumba and bye bye cookies.

Not timtams. Not available in my town. Keebler chocolate chip. My granny always had them.

Off to fold laundry and start some oatmeal. I thought it was 6 but it was only 5 when I got up:( BG in our bed so was cramped and hot.

Good luck with the snow.

In the bag for DP.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

OMG, I only had like five hours of sleep this weekend. Working from home today, hope will do a ton of grading! Hope.

Z! Love that BG. Listen -- Jerry Seinfeld's wife Jessica has kids that will not eat vegetables. She has done recipes to sneak them in, they are genius. I did that like crazy when our princess was the age of your BG. Oh, she has snuck things into pasta sauces and brownies and everything! You don't have to have Vitamix. Regular blender will work fine.

I almost always STILL put squash (kabocha or butternut) and carrots into pasta sauce. If you roast them first, they will be even sweeter. You can blend them and put them in. If she will only eat noodles with butter, you can put the pasta sauce on yummy bread and then toast it like a pizza, and then DLLP stands over her and GRATES THE VEGAN CHEESE over the top right in front of her like a waitress!

Our princess has a list of infractions and consequences on the refrig. DLLP is taking her door off the hinges for slamming. She is talking back with a smack talk mocking voice, OMG. We're trying to get on top of it.

W boy was v unhappy at the party because it was not about him, and drove us crazy. So I made him write a five-page essay yesterday detailing what he should have done instead of making those choices. And then he read it out loud to us before dinner. It was pretty good.

Birdie! You are beautiful, and NO ONE should wear black next to her face ever! Well, except our gorgeous M. No one looks good with black next to her face. That said, I do it all the time, because it is my punk roots. But often I will wear a scarf too.

I need to respond to the responses about the Project 333 in a separate post.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, for pete's sake, someone has to do it. Hi DP! I am in the bag for today. How is the Home Health person? So glad you are getting some help -- you deserve to be waited on hand and foot.

Before I forget: Idesim, that sucks about your no time and a half. And I am so sorry about your lawyer friend. Listen. I haven't yet, but I have been thinking about doing some spinning instead of running for now. What do you think about that? I thought it would get my joints going.

I think you and Joe are doing too much shoveling. Once you throw your back out, it's hard to recover. Can you get some young boy to do it for five dollars? I saw on Superman (Brian Williams -- BTW, YIKES on what is happening to him) that there is an app and you can order a plow to do your driveway in like five minutes.

Okay. New post for Project 333.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Okay. Project 333 women, simmer down now! First off, M, it should really be 33, not 37. And yes, handbags count! And so do shoes!

Oh, and here's another thing: you are NOT allowed to wear yoga clothes during the day unless you are going to yoga! That is a clear rule. I must say: ouch.

Hmm. I just had a big presentation and there was a small hole in my one white button-down shirt. Wonk-wonk. I am like a ragamuffin. So I ordered another one, I ordered it extra-big, because... I am going to wear it with leggings and NO PANTS! 'No pants' is my signature look at the moment because none of my pants fit..

I have never liked burgundy or navy. I try to tell myself 'navy is the new black, it is the FL black,' but I just can't do it. Oh, the blue shirt and khakis guy is my idol. I would love to have a uniform like that. But I don't yet know what would work like that because, as it turns out, I have no clothes.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Zills, I have used Mrs Seinfelds cookbook when my kids were little. The fave was chicken fingers with broccoli in the coating. Do you want the recipe?

Mashed cauliflower is supposed to be as good as mashed potatoes. ...havent tried it yet tho.

In the bag for DP

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Need advice from Spin Mop users. What brand do you have and how do you rate it?

There is a Hurricane (As Seen on TV) on sale Cheap at Rite Aide. They have the original and Twin set.

Mixed reviews online.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I need to find Jessica Seinfeld's book for my nephew who does not eat any veggies. He is autistic and very fussy about what he eats.  It is not a healthy diet.

Grating Vegan cheese for the Princess and taking the door off! W boy writing an essay. Whew!  What a weekend you have had!

Do not use Spin Mop so no help from here.  Sorry.

Tai Chi at noon. Had breakfast with Sharon, my BFF,, she wants to go to San Francisco with me to the lymphedema conf.  OK, she won't go to the conference,, but we can hang out and play tourist around the conference events! So that will be fun.  **excited**

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

In the bag for DP and sending her lots of love and support.

Idesim, wow the snow just wont quit for you. Fargo ND has a record this year... wait for it.. they have not received an inch of snow in one falling yet this year, we were there over weekend and no snow! just not real for our part of world. We have some but very little. Could you get a smaller snow-blower? We have one but no way could I handle it, just too heavy so dh does it, havent had to use it yet this year but still March can be brutal for snow so who can tell. Hope your back holds out.

Zills, chuckling about BG and the beans too. Love the stories from you young gals and your kids!

As for the wearing of black, I wear it alot, love black and white! That wont stop either. Dont care much for navy, but dont mind burgandy. I can also relate to Idesim's large containers in basement.. got 'em! I am a clothes, shoes- horse but I shouldnt be. I just dont go places to wear all these clothes anymore, but cant seem to get rid of them.

Dr. gave me a script for trazadone to help me sleep, took first one last night and poof... out like a light, but now I feel very tired and slow to get going. I had a fever, etc over weekend and did not sleep a wink Sat. Night so maybe just catching up. She assured me it is not addictive and I checked with out pharmacist here Glennie and she agreed, I hate to take pills but I need to sleep too. Will try for a while to see if I can get back in a good sleep pattern. It really isnt a sleeping pill and is used for anxiety but found it helped with sleep... we will see.

Waving to everyone. Special hugs for DP.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

ND:  you might feel a "hang over " effect from it in the mornings for a few days. That should pass. Glad you were able to get some sleep. It is so important!

I need to get motivated about cleaning up papers. I took a 5 days mini-vacation at the end of the month, and that goal must be met during that time!  Sorting clothes will have to wait,,, must do papers first. And taxes.

DP:  I'm in the bag for chemo.  Hope that home health has come and been helpful! You deserve to be waited on like the Queen. Ava is standing by to kiss your toes.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Yes, what a weekend I have had.

Andrea: spin mops suck. Get a shark steam mop. They are the best. I clean my whole floors with water. I put a drop of essential oil on the mop head. Right now I like spearmint. I must say, steam mop is, like, completely good for you and kills all bacteria and viruses with the steam.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I am having a bad day so I am going to steam mop right now as a displacement therapeutic aromatherapy activity instead of grading essays.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Ahhhh steam mop. I like that idea. But where does the dirt go??

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Well, baby, you vacuum the dirt up first :)

The steam mop has a cover that looks like a big loopy rug. The dirt goes on there, and then you throw it in the wash with towels!

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Oh, Glennie, just wanted to say your view is so pretty! And I am glad your BFF will go with you to SF, that sounds so fun! You will be LE expert when you get back.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Thanks, Bobo;  I took another pic now that the palm fronds have been trimmed and I'll post in a min. 

I don't know if I will be LE expert,, but I certainly hope to learn more!!

Back from Tai Chi,,, going pretty well so far. I will say that this course should definitely improve my balance!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I want to put a couple of bird houses and maybe a bird bath back there. I have a cardinal pair who have lived back there for a long time. And I get blue jays and woodpeckers and other birds at my feeders.  Really happy with the clearer view to the pond, so I can see the water birds.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

OMG, so pretty! And so neat, yet rustic.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

In the bag for DP.

I have a tub of larger size clothes that I kept in case the weight did not stay off. In my experience, a lot of the clothes in smaller sizes that I saved are totally out of style, so consider that. I could do navy, turquoise and khaki for summer. I already have lots of turquoise although it's getting pretty old.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Project 333 says you should box up anything that is not in your 33. M, you CANNOT get 33 x 4 items together for the year! Two weeks before the next three month period, you get out your boxes and plan/shop if needed for next three-month period. You must throw out anything that is not your size, or ripped (ouch) or stained.

Project 333 says if you haven't worn it for a year... you will probably not wear it and you should donate it (with some rare sentimental exceptions of course).

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

Pretty Glennie!!! I'd still be afraid of what Could be in that pond