Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

Alert! Alert! I did 20 minutes on the treadmill this morning and then did 50 sit-ups! So lame, but I really have to do something about my weight. I think I have reached that OMG I am sick of being fat reality that is necessary to quit shoving ice cream into my face. OK.. I confess, I did eat a small amount of ice cream today, but I bought the small individual cups to limit the damage.

Wondering how the pizza party went. Was there any pepperoni pizza to be found?

Nd and Glennie - being sick sucks...that's why I bathe in hand sanitizer. :) I have a few friends who make fun of my antiseptic ways, but I'm the one laughing when they are sick all the time. Speaking of sick, DD went to camp with the sniffles and came home with them too. Said it was much better at camp. hmmm. Oh and she had 2 bloody noses up there. Glad they didn't call me... I would of been freaking. Maybe they didn't know she had them - I think she said it happened in the bathroom while she was blowing her nose.

Z - 4 times a week for swimming? They must really love it if you are thinking of doing that. The bright side of that is you can have them shower at the facility and then bath night is done! I always enjoy watching my daughter swim. She glides through the water ...I used to wonder if she lived by a lake or a river before I adopted her. The first time I took her to a lake, she literally ran into it and stuck her head under water. It was quite comical because my friend's little boy was so afraid and just watched her in amazement...then finally stuck his head in too! I think we all cheered and he was so proud! Man, I miss those kind of moments.

Edited to say - dd's socks are filthy from that cabin floor. I have them soaking ...but on second thought, I should have just thrown them out.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

***CLAPPING**  You go, PRB!!  Excellent job on the exercise.  What a cute story about DD and the water!  How old was she when you adopted her? Maybe she was used to swimming from an early age.  I say, throw out the socks,, or use them for rags?

It's the first cold I've had in a while. I'm usually really good with the hand sanitizer, but now that I've change to a fanny pack (belly bag,,, whatever) I did not put it in that bag!  That could be the problem. Also I was out to dinner with friend on Weds who sounded AWFUL. she claimed it was allergies,, but now I'm wondering,,,, 

You know Bobo will not eat pepperoni pizza!  It's meat!  Hoping to hear a report on pizza party too.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Peppa pig panties and they come in smaller sizes! You are a genius. Her current size 2t is way too big.

I figured if they had lessons every day and not once a week, at least the boy would move up. Have to take them both so why not put her in too? Yes for warmer weather so after shower, wear large tshirt home and call it done.

Glad she had a wonderful time. Yea for exercising. And ice cream moderation.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Z: you know she will like those Peppa Pig big girl panties!!

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Glennie - my daughter was 2 1/2 when I adopted her. Adopting a toddler turned out to be great for me. No potty training, and she understood me pretty much from day 1...even though she didn't speak English.

Z - I agree your kids will move up through the levels really quick if you do it that way. I think dd's first class was set up like that.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

PRB, What did she speak? My cousin adopted a toddler from Costa Rica. She is now grown and has the best behaved children I've ever met. The same cousin adopted a boy from the US as an infant. His wife is Chinese and they also have children. Both my kids married Asians.

Z, Yes, Peppa Pig panties will be awesome. Do you stay during their lessons? Or can you sneak out for a little while?

Glennie, Pkg arrived as scheduled. Woo Hoo!

I went to a Lebed Method Exercise class yesterday afternoon. By bedtime I felt stiff so took one of my hoarded muscle relaxers and a tylenol. Felt find this morning and not sore. Evidently I don't breathe deeply very often. I kept getting dizzy from all that oxygen. I'm waiting on my bra referral letter so I can try a compression tank.

I've worked with a woman on projects at the senior center for a couple of years off and on. I've always thought her posture was a little odd and wondered if she had a hip problem. In class I realized she's had a bmx, no reconstruction and no foobs. Believe me if I didn't notice over that amount of time, no one else will. I had to laugh at myself.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

oooo, Wren, you went to a Lebed class?  Cool!  I am hoping to go to the Lymphology Conf in SF in Sept,,, wondering If Sherry Lebed will be there. It would be uber cool to have some exercise classes. Glad you got package.

Toddlers are so cute. I love it when the little neighbors want to show me leaves and things.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Oh yikes. Toddlerhood was like full metal jacket for me.

DP, you are not peeing? ??? You are glued to couch literally? You cannot use the remote? Maybe your eyes hurt and you don't feel like watching tv? Sending you hugs.

Yes, there was pepperoni pizza, but I feel bad about it. And cheese, and vegan. OMG, it was one million dollars. The princess had a good time. Cake disaster averted! I tried to text everyone but my phone was having a temporary meltdown.

Today: everything else I was supposed to be doing yesterday. How is everybody feeling? Love my Dex story. Andrea, you can come to my house anytime! My kids would fawn over you! XXX

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

BG has been holding three baked beans in her mouth for 10 min now. She's constipated because all she wants is cheese. Even a bribe of hot chocolate and marshmallows doesn't work. How ling can a bean last? How long can I last?

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Z, holding beans in her mouth, they have to go down sometime! Will she drink water? I know it is hard to get them to drink enough water in the Winter, but that usually gets it moving.

Bobo, glad the party went well! How many kids turned up?

Dex the prolific poo dog! LOL It's the pro biotic food, he's as clean as a whistle. Sweet breath too!

I spent the entire afternoon, yesterday, going through the huge bags of clothing I was keeping for my friend to take to the big Sunday Market in Melbourne. I have had it with them taking up room in the laundry. I have picked through it all and will put the best pieces on Ebay and the rest is going to the carers and the Opp Shop. I am so over it, but although my hands are like ham hocks (sorry Bobo) I am going to get it all done and dusted this week, if I possibly can. Still 2 massive bags to go and I have 2 wardrobe rails full.

Onward and upward...shower and more sorting! M x

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Peeing myself.

A bean can last longer than you. A bean can last a long time. Beans are the food of the settlers.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

M! You are on at same time! I see people buying ham hocks at the store. ???

M! I am doing a thing called 'Project 333.' It is when you have 33 items of clothing, and you wear only that for three months. And you put everything else away and you live a simple lifestyle of straightforward choices. The reason why it's so good for me is because I have no clothes that fit, and I was thinking about a 'capsule wardrobe,' and I got onto this 'Project 333' thing. I love to make flash cards. But then, when I was trying to get my 33, I discovered that I only have like 4 articles of clothing that fit or do not have holes! I have been wearing my supersoft 'small tall' t-shirts, and those are actually more in the pajama family... I am keeping them as part of my 33 while I transition into actual clothes...

How fun is that? I was thinking about you and laughing. Wait! I will get a link. Okay, this girl is doing it but she has allowed herself 37. She is nice and clear about it.

http://www.un-fancy.com/capsule-wardrobe-101/how-t...

Did that work?

http://www.un-fancy.com/capsule-wardrobe-101/how-t...

Okay. I am actually going to have to buy some clothes to make up 33 pieces. This girl says accessories don't count. But the real Project 333 says accessories count, and so do sunglasses! This just will remind me to wear my sunglasses more.

Hi DP!!! XXX

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

So glad the Princess had a good pizza party.  I will have to check out this Project 333,,, there are so many things that I cannot wear anymore due to the need to wear the compression,, which I assume will be forever. So I should donate some clothes.

Holding 3 beans in her mouth??  Can you trade her swallowing them for a M&M?  **cheese is the devil's plaything**  Apple juice?? Raisins?

Finally met the actual owner of the place next door.  Had only been talking to the guy doing the renovation.  He seems nice and Ava approved!! He has 2 little dogs so I guess we will meet them at some point.  He is economics professor at Santa Fe College here.

DP:  how are you feeling???

back to work,,, **waving to all**

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

OMG, why is econ professor buying rotten mold-filled condo? I know they cleaned it up, but yikes!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

He wants an office away from home where he can write,, and also an apt where the kids and grandkids can stay when they come to visit.  The place is being totally rehabbed,,,, what the other people did before was nothing compared to what this guy is doing.  It will be amazing when he is done.  And the lake view is awesome from his upstairs balcony.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Bobo, I'm always amazed that people have 4-5 white T shirts. They must be a lot neater than I am. I wore a white T the other day and realized I can't really wear white. So I'm going to dye it along with the white button shirt I bought because everyone says you need one. I'm thinking pale blue or pale pink. I've discovered the same about black. I no longer look good with black next to my face. I have a male friend who always wore khaki pants and a blue button shirt to work as a librarian. He had multiples of each, but always the same combo. Didn't have to think at all.

Z, Does BG like corn? I think it works as well as beans. M is right about the water. Maybe she would drink water with a little fruit juice to flavor it? The water would be good for colds too. Help break down the mucus.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

she's a big juice drinker and we do water it down, oatmeal and raisins. No veg ever. Maybe a green bean. Not sure how much is her sore throat or two or being stubborn. She needs to start eating veg period.

Took Sasafire for walk. Came home to big blowout. Bless her heart. Caught BG picking poop off the floor with tp. Bathroom trashed. Poop everywhere but " do it myself". Of course boy wants his bottom wiped. Mommy. More laundry to do.

PCP said vit d levels good but exhausted today. Sending DH to store to get cookies.

Home health was supposed to go to DPs house today. She has chemo tomorrow. Haven't heard from her today but bond is home. Hope all is well.

I love this concept bobo. Wish I could look put together. Nothing fits. Shame we don't live close enough to shop. Good idea dying them.

Guess I'm just suspicious. Sounds strange but glad it's going to be done right!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Wren, I heard on TV show that "black does not look good next to your face as you age". Burgundy or navy was recommended.  I don't look good in white either. Your color choices sound good.

Oh, Z,,,, what a thing to come home to.  Yikes!  Cookies sound like a good idea.  Hope all is well with DP too. Glad Bond is there.  It would be nice if we lived close by!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Very interesting concept Bobo, would never work for me though, for obvious reasons! LOL 37 items including sunglasses etc? I don't think so, I have more handbags than that! LOL Do they count?

This lot of stuff, that is on its way out, is all the dressy, designer and socializing stuff, that I will never need here. The lifestyle here, is poles apart from the city. In saying that, I still like to have a big selection of stuff to wear. I don't ever keep anything, that doesn't fit. I have always been this way and can't see me changing too much. I do have a problem with wearing white. I love it, especially in Summer, Winter white in the cold weather, but I do have to admit to being a shocking klutz, especially with food that stains, like Italian. I do have a tub with all white T shirts, which are a style and fabric I love, I have to have short sleeve 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve, so I would have used up about a third of that concept, with just those T shirts alone. LOL

I am still one who wears black, most of the time, I think the platinum white hair, is the key for me. I know about the navy and the burgundy rule for aging, but I don't like either of those colors much, on me. Maybe in a scarf, but rarely.

When I worked for United, I had every possible item of the uniform, well everything except the skort, what are those things about? I had to have plenty of different possibilities, I couldn't bear, having to wear the same thing, all the time.

Wren is right, men get it so easy, but I still wouldn't want to wear multiples of the same thing.

Z, that's something to come home to! Thank you for reminding me to pick up my blood work results, I am wondering how my Vit D levels are. When I rang to see if the results were in, the receptionist said no action required, so even my inflammatory and liver function test must be good. Weird, since they were taken during the flare of RA.

What is Home Health? I hope DP's ok, so glad Bond is home too.

Glennie, I think it is a good thing you'll have someone at least part of the time next door. Especially if the dog agrees, I always watch for Dex's take on people. Do you have a lake view too?

Off to do some work after going to pick up blood results catch you later,,,,M x

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

Seen on a t shirt:

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won't either.

Poor Idesim. Supposed to get 2 MORE FEET OF SNOW!!!!!!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

here is my lake view. I have trimmed back a lot lately but need a newer picture. image

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

and here's another view! LOL! image

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

I'm in trouble...I wear mostly black and white stuff, and have a ton of clothes that I don't wear. Most do not fit anymore since I have put on so much weight, but I hate to give them away because there is always hope that they will fit again. That 33 thing sounds interesting. Of course, we Eskimos need about 4 seasons of clothing...so, I'm thinking somewhere around 120 pieces would be about right.

Glad there was pepperoni pizza at the vegan mansion. I don't know why I'm glad.. but I am!

Oh Z - cleaning up poop... I'm about to volunteer your husband for laundry duty...and you can drive into town for the cookies! I'm afraid one day you will just collapse in a pile of laundry and we won't hear from you for days. Someone will have to call BG and tell her to search for mama in the clothes :)

M - Home health here is a visiting medical aide or nurse who comes to your house and helps you out. It used to involve a lot more than it does today. When my mom was ill years ago, they would come in and do laundry, vacuum and sometimes make dinner. They would also bathe her. I don't think they do all that today, but for sure would assist with personal care and any medical issues.

Poor Ideism. I saw they are going to get hit with a ton of snow again. Winter can just stop any time now.

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Oh Glennie.. that was just pure evil posting that beautiful picture of your land...knowing that Ideism is going to get 2 feet of snow. Evil I tell ya! :)

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

according to that link,, it was 33 pieces for each season,, so you would be OK, PRB!

UGH on more snow.  How long until spring?

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Glennie that pic of Ava, leaving the building is just wonderful!

Your View is fabulous! Is that your yard, with the Fan Palms? Fantastic! Do you swim or fish in there? I can picture all of us on lounges, with an umbrella in a drink, enjoying your lake.

Now I am wondering if that's 33 items for each 4 seasons, or just the 2 seasons of summer and winter?

PRB, we have that kind of service here, but the nursing, does strictly medical stuff and the home help o the other stuff, then there are carers who will help with personal care. I hope DP is getting lots of every kind of care.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Oh Glennie how pretty.. the view.. not Ava's arse lol.

Shitty weekend.. had to work yesterday because we had some closings rescheduled from all this friggin snow... and then the jackass I work for tells us we aren't getting time and a half because of the days off from snow.

My favorite attorney had a heart attack.. he's 62, I think. They put a stent in and released him after two days. I'm so upset over that.. I don't work directly with him, since he does litigation, but he's my buddy and one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life.

Joe threw his back out yesterday keeping up on the shoveling.. I shoveled for close to 4 hours today and am sore.. there is just nowhere to put the damn snow anymore and we're getting another foot or more.. it's been snowing since Saturday.

Holy sh!t I just got a text.. the office is closed tomorrow.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Poor Joe, for hurting his back and poor you for having to shovel for 4 hours, I don't think I could do that. Another foot of snow!!!!

Sorry to hear about your friend who had the heart attack, but hope he's going to have a new lease on life after the surgery! Another day off, for the snow. Do you have far to travel to work?

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

M: I took that picture of Ava cuz so many people said "how can she fit thru her doggie door?"  Well, here's proof.  She goes out everyday and lays in the sunshine.

Yes, that is my yard.  I have cut the palm fronds back seriously on the right side of that pic,,, opening up my lake view even more! Must take another pic.  I don't recommend either fishing or swimming in the lake.  Well, you could fish, but I wouldn't eat them.  Too much fertilizer/pesticide run off into it. And although I haven't seen alligators in it,, there could be,,, and most likely there are snakes.

However it is lovely to just sit down there with drink in hand and watch the large water birds fly by.  Herons, egrets, etc.  And there are turtles.  When I was talking to the new neighbor today, down my the pond, we saw a Great Blue Heron and an anhinga fly by.  The anhinga went swimming!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

Brave bird? Or stupid? There is a fence to keep Ava out of the water? Don't want her to be a gators lunch