Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Oh no, I am too late to wish Princess a Happy Birthday. Happy Belated Birthday then!! Hope it was an amazing day!!

I don't feel too bad. Nausea under control. Took DD to doc appt in afternoon, then out to mall after supper. We werent there very long, typical of me to over do things, lol.

M, are you familiar with the British actor James Wilby? We are related.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

You are not too late, Andrea. Today is the Princess's birthday!  Happy Birthday Princess!!

M: sorry to hear about your friend and Larry.  Hope Larry is a loner. Pocket Rocket, indeed. She sounds like a pistol! And wonderful that Colin2's old friends and castmates are getting in touch. I bet that will boost his spirits!  And the 93 year old lady,, wow,,,just wow,,,,

DP:  how is it going?  Hoping the walker is really helping you around the house and you are not in pain.  **waving Betty arms**

I am off to the Rheumy and then lunch with co-workers  and then work!  Will check back later.

**waving to all**

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

BTW,,, does anyone have the technology to transfer a VCR tape onto a DVD?  I have a really awesome Tai Chi tape,,, it is not commercially available on DVD.  The transfer places here in town won't transfer for me cuz it is copyrighted.  I know there is a way to do it,,,, playing it in a VCR and using the recordable DVD side to make a copy??  I have old computer and old TV, so I have not figured out a way to do it.

anyway,, if any of you have the ability to do this,,, I would LOVE it if I could ship the tape to you and you could copy for me.  We can make multiple copies for all of us,, if anyone else is interested. 

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

Happy Birthday to the Princess! Bobo - you can never have too many friends invited to a party! Your house got scrubbed for the wedding, so this is just taking advantage of the clean space :)

Went out to dinner with an old friend who has returned after 20 years. She told me she was getting her hair cut for the first time since chemo...so I knew she had had cancer and just assumed it was bc. Found out last night that yes it was bc, and she's a uni who didn't choose reconstruction. She also had thyroid cancer - discovered by an MRI during her bc work-up. She was telling me how they scraped the cancer cells off her vocal cords...and I was sitting there thinking.. just like Colin 2. Oh get this - they gave her the radioactive stuff for her thyroid and told her she could leave the hospital and then stay home for a few days. She said she asked them "I can just walk out of here?" and they said yes, just don't hug anyone or hold any babies! Yikes.. that kind of freaks me out to think they let radioactive people walk freely in the hospital. Time to buy a geiger counter? I watched a documentary on Japan after the meltdown, and some guy walked around with a geiger counter to see how radioactive things were. Stuff like dirt was really bad, other things not so much. What got my attention was how it went off when he was on public transportation...obviously someone had just been radiated.

Glennie? Have you looked online to see if your Tai-Chi video is available on CD? Might be easier than trying to make a copy of it.

DD is coming home from winter camp today. Can't wait to hear all the stories.

Hi to DP and everyone else. Looking forward to good weekend. NO SNOW! I demand it for me and Ideism.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

PRB I had one or two radioactive tests during tx, I was allowed to go home to my life. Was told not to do airport security hug babies or Spookie. That's al

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited February 2015

no rinsing cherries please. Put package in freezer then beat it like a bag of ice. Can chop in smaller pieces if you want.

Yea that's genius to check YouTube for your video. They have everything. Wil have to look for bobos "live" rec

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

DIL had radiation for thyroid ca. They told her to go to a motel and not to touch DS. He investigated her dose and it was 1 rad short of needing to keep her in a lead lined room. He reported it. She also had to flush several times. Now we know where the radiation in the water is coming from.

• DeliriumPie
    edited February 2015

no rinsing cherries please. Put package in freezer then beat it like a bag of ice. Can chop in smaller pieces if you want.

Yea that's genius to check YouTube for your video. They have everything. Wil have to look for bobos "live" recording there. Hehe.

Glennie I got email. Thank you. Bobo are your rings topaz? Seriously need my pirat patch. RO Was predictable. No real info. Scan in two months. Doesn't remember eye hemorrhage.

Andrea where do your kidneys hurt? Trying to determine if his is my liver or kidneys hurting. Or pancreas or gallbladder or whatnot.

Happy Birthday Princess!!! Going to rest eyes now. Back later my lovelies.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

PRB:  video not available on DVD,, checked that out.  I would buy again if it were available!!  YAY that DD is coming home. We are also looking forward to the stories.

The radiation stories are kinda freaky.

Saw Rheumy,,, ,will get neck/shoulder x-rayed next week.  He mentioned nerve conduction test, told him I didn't want to do it again. He asked: Painful?   I said yes, and I did not get along with Dr D who did the last one. He looked surprised but said he would send me to neurologist, Dr V,, who I know from the hospital and is good guy. So I might do it again. If I REALLY have to.   Have to go thru steps before insurance will pay for MRI. We will discuss next step after I get X-ray.

DP:  glad you got email and could see pics! Sucks that you need eye patch.  Have a good nap,, and we will see you later.

Must get ready to work,, back later!

• DeliriumPie
    edited February 2015

didn't tell bond about dogs eating buffalo. Just got this pic. We have a long standing buffalo joke.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

DP my kidney stone pain started by a gnawing pain in my right upper quadrant of abdomen. So naturally they assumed it was gall bladder or liver. When they ruled thise out they scoped my stomach and colon. Still had pain (3/10 on scale). Just constant gnawing. A previous CT scan had said I didnt have a kidney stone initially. Then a year later I had an xray to rule out spinal metastasis and they spotted the stone.

Urologist said the stone was too big to pass on its own and left there could mean eventually losing the kidney. After the first blasting I had pain in back/flank and ovary region. This time I have pain back in upper quadrant again and side.

Not sure if that is what you wanted to know.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

Andrea - I didn't realize you went through all that for a kidney stone. Ouch! I worked with a guy who had them and it really took a toll on him. He did the blasting, but eventually had surgery if I remember correctly.

DD winter camp update: She is home safe and sound. whew! She had a blast. Rode horses - no one would get on the large horse.. so my kid who has never been on a horse volunteered!. "Chief" didn't give her any trouble. She said she talked to him quite a lot. :) Tubing was fun, cross country skiing "was hard" , she climbed the rock wall all the way to the top, and danced 2 hours straight at the dance...said she got 'wild' and pulled a lot of her friends out on the floor. Makes me smile just thinking about those kids going crazy, having the time of their lives. At night, the entire cabin competed against the other cabins. They had to sing songs and do skits. So much fun. Anyhow, that's the update. So happy that she made some great memories and really went for it. She looks exhausted.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

PRB it sounds like a wonderful experience . So glad she enjoyed it.

DP thank you for the Groupon. I will check into that when we head to Niagara. Just need the weather to cooperate.

I can't remember what color/style wigs you have. If you have time could you PM or email me? Absolutely no rush!!!! Next week, next month, whenever you are up to it.

Bobo, I got your kid's thank you cards today. They are so sweet!! Good on you as a parent for teaching them to be thankful. Apparently I didn't do such a good job...my girls were so late with their wedding thank you cards that it was an embarrassment when they ran into people..a year later. Lol.

I love all the drawings your DS drew!And how Princess wrote it all out in duplicate. Lol. I will cherish the cards!

Zills, I love how you shared what your kiddies said about their shoes with me. Too precious!! Is your son still psychic?? Can he tell me if I should buy a powerball ticket this weekend?

• DeliriumPie
    edited February 2015

forgot to say earlier about Phase 10 card game. It's always been a house favorite. Can be modified for shorter play.

Not a fan of toilet riser. I can't reach my Kuka! Wf?

Oh my gosh you should see this big beefy cow that won the stock show. He's soooo meaty. Lol. Poor guy.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I seem to have a cold,, my nose is all clogged up,,, ugh,, boss says I can log off early and go to bed,,,,, will see you all tomorrow.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015
    Oh dear Glennie. That sucks. Take care and rest.
  • Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

So sorry Glennie, have a good rest and stay warm.Sorry about the neck and shoulder, but fingers crossed there may be a simpler treatment after xrays.

I had a message from my friend and "Larry" is indeed a loner, so he is coming out on Monday. I have another friend who is a volunteer at the Hospital where the surgery is being done, so she can drop in and see if she can do anything for her, because my friend having the surgery is a long way from home.

Did you take a look on YouTube to see if your Tai Chi has been uploaded there?

PRB, sound like the camp was a wonderful success and your girl got to make great memories!

DP, great idea to freeze the cherries, I would not have thought of that.

That radioactive stuff is scary, I am not sure when Colin 2 is having it done, he just said it had to heal for a while first. Interesting to hear of someone else who had the cells scraped of vocal cords, I thought that was what Colin 2 meant, but he said it was a nerve that affected his voice.

Hi Andrea, I hope you are feeling better. I am not familiar with James Wilby, but jut googled to see him and will look out for him in the future. I don't watch a great deal of British programs or movies, usually preferring American or Canadian films or shows. I very rarely watch any Aussie productions. I was once related by marriage, to Bec's uncle, who is a well known actor and musician here, who I do go to see when he has a new show on the road or is in a new TV production. His name is Jon English, I am sure you won't be familiar with him, even though I believe a series he starred in, called Against the Wind was shown in the US and perhaps Canada too. I am sure Dawny will know of him. He has been around forever, getting his start, after playing for years in bands, starring in Jesus Christ Superstar as Judas.

It has been so hot here today. I finally got to bath Dex, he had me all in a lather trying to catch him to groom him. He's now asleep with all 4 legs in the air. I am definitely ringing the groomer on Monday, she will have better luck with the clippers. i don't know why I continue to try to do it myself. I do get a really nice result,when I can get it done, but for what end. I am covered in fine white fur and I am exhausted.

Waving to everyone......M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Miserable night,,,not really good sleep.  Ava peed on the kitchen floor. Is that her way of telling me it's time to mop? Of course, I found it by stepping in it. Oh, well.  It is time to mop anyway. 

Glad to hear that Larry is a loner.

Going to look for Tai Chi on Youtube today before work. 

**waving to all**

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Hope all that are not feeling well get better soon. Oh boy The flu bug hit me last night I shivered and shivered and finally realized I had a fever and slept slept slept now I feel like a truck ran over me backed up hit me again just checking in to see how DP is

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Oh no! ND and Glennie sick! M, so glad Colin #2 will have Larry out. And so glad DD is home from Winter camp! I was a little worried!

Hi DP!!! **waving** They are actually golden sapphires -- they have a special meaning, blah blah blah, I had them designed like == what? two years ago? Remember when I was wanting to get real married L? And then, in the meantime, it became Federal here! Shocking.

Okay, busy as a beaver (!) making my wedding cards for you guys! I hope you like them! DP, do you want to watch TNB with me this week live? XXXX

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Morning all, so sorry Glennie and ndgirl are not well, take it easy ladies. Ooooh Glennie, isn't cold pee in the morning on bare feet the worst!

Hey Bobo, Larry is a gf's tumor that is coming out Monday. I seem to have so many friends sick with bloody cancer at the moment. Good news is the Colin 2 is home and sounding and felling really good!

How did the party go Bobo? How many turned up?

Gosh it is quiet here, what's going on over there? I hope DP is snuggled up with the dogs and Bond.

Nothing planned for today,other than trying to groom Dexter, he's like a naughty child and takes off to hide of he sees the brush or even his towel for his bath. I won't be trying too hard, it is too hot and the groomer is just up the road. I am afraid I will get half way through with the clippers and he'll have had enough. I am not interested in a half shaved, punk dog.

Colin is going model boat racing today, so I will have the place to myself, not sure what I will do. M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

reporting in while work is slow.   Somewhat better, although drippy nose.  Ugh.  Hoping to feel better for yoga tomorrow. We will see.

Ava had long walk today!  We went all the way to the far side of the elementary school,,,, she hasn't been that far in ages!  Used to be daily morning walk.  She is perky today.  

I mopped the kitchen floor. Also did some sewing despite numb hand (which makes it really hard) but altering one of my compression Swell Spots to fit more exactly where I need it.  While watching Love Lust or Run.  Has anyone seen that yet?  It has Stacy London who was on What Not to Wear.  This is also a fashion makeover show.  I like it cuz although I am not fashionable at all,,, it's good to see people who dress worse than I do.

Excited to see wedding cards!  When is the Princess's pizza party?  Hope for a report afterwards!  Is it at Satchel's??

Was very excited to see this ad for a Continuing Education course:  The Pharmacy in Your Kitchen.  An Overview of Medical and Medicinal Foods.  They cover the immune system, pain and sleep,, and other things, but especially interested in those topics. Want to take this course,, just a one day, 6 hour seminiar. Will need to start work late that day, but I think boss will OK it.

ND:  hope you are feeling better.  DP: how is your day?? How is pain level? Anything good on QVC?

**waving to all**

• DeliriumPie
    edited February 2015

no qvc this week. Glued to couch. Literally. Wondering if I ever actual have to pee again. Poor glennie and nd. Hope you feel better. We have had bad allergy stuff going here. TNB would be fun bobo.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Geesh DP, allergies too? Shit, that's awful, but not understanding about the peeing??

I just took Dex to the big Farmers market, he got some oohs and aahs cause he is so white and fluffy and friendly, still not groomed, but that's another story. I got all my produce, picked fresh this morning, for our Vitamix weekend soup and while I am talking to a man who is selling big bundles of beautiful herbs, Dex takes a big one, right in front of the stall and on the main walkway. How embarrassment, as one of our female comedians would say! I am struggling with a huge bag of vegetables and trying to manage the tiny doggy doo bag, at the same time. Dex just stood there smiling up at me, I am sure he thinks I pick it up 'cause I want to keep it! LOL

It was absolutely stinking hot this morning, but the weather has turned and the wind has picked up with dark gray skies, I think there will be a storm. Poor Colin, he was looking forward to model yacht racing, that me be off now. M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Oh, Dexter,, you naughty boy, taking a poo in the market!   Bummer on the storm and the race.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

ND and Glennie try and rest up and get better soon. Question: who does Glennie call when she needs medicine advice?? Lol.

Took the kids to Human Society to look at dogs. Lucky has been gone a week now. We are not going to just run out and get another dog. Taking our time.but it is nice to look.

Bobo last night I dreamt I was at your house, with your kids and Dexter was there. Lol

DP I also wonder about the peeing of which you speak.

PRB did Your DD catch up on lost sleep from her winter camp trip?

Waving to everyone.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

yes DP that doesn't sound good. Are you drinking enough? Don't want another infection I find it hard to drink enough in winter.

Anyone tried the Twinnings sleepy time green tea?

Drove two hours south to state park. Cumberland falls. It was 60+ and beautiful. Climbed rocks and played on beach. Ate BBQ on the way home. Their sweet tea and baked beans usually rock but didn't do it for me. Trying to get kids asleep.

Looking at peppa pig options for BG's bday. May need to import. Trying to decide if I have enough umph to do kid swim lessons four days a week.

Hope glennie and nd feel better soon. That class sounds good.

How was the pizza party?

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I kinda feel better. See what tomorrow brings. Want to feel well enough to go to yoga.  My BFF is also a pharmacist and I have a couple of nurse friends,,, so I have them to go to for medical advice.  :)

Andrea: take your time on another dog,, but it is good to be looking!  Love your dream. Dexter was there too,, what about Bobo dog?? 

Z: have not tried that tea but it sounds good.  Let me know what you think of it if you try it. State park sounds nice!! When is BG's birthday?? Is Peppa Pig hard to find?  I know nothing about Peppa!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

She is a st Patricks day baby. Bigger market overseas. Originated in UK? So have time if need to import.

Don't really need more toys. Leaning towards lunchbox or backpack or sleeping bag or umbrella or maybe stuffed plush. Toysrus has Legos but that a lot of pieces and not sure how well she'd like it. Fisher price has a dollhouse but many pieces and spindley legs. Her room is a wreck!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

https://shop.abc.net.au/t/brands/peppa-pig

there are Peppa Pig panties!  And all kinds of books, toys,,,,

edit:  just saw this is an Australian website!