Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Beautiful photo M. Did you know Trivia Pursuit was invented in Canada? I will take credit for that.

PRB, that colored scrabble game sounds fun.

SGC sorry about your infusions. Did your dr tell you about the new BC vaccine out yesterday? Supposed to have great results.

Trixie took off with an intern from DPs hospital. She hasn't even called. She would have been delighted with everyone watching her pee.

DP, thinking of you!!

Edited to say: SGC add my name to the bail money fund.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Beautiful photo M. Did you know Trivia Pursuit was invented in Canada? I will take credit for that.

PRB, that colored scrabble game sounds fun.

SGC sorry about your infusions. Did your dr tell you about the new BC vaccine out yesterday? Supposed to have great results.

Trixie took off with an intern from DPs hospital. She hasn't even called. She would have been delighted with everyone watching her pee.

DP, thinking of you!!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

DP, thinking of you, hope you are resting.  xx

sgc, we will all put in for your bail money, and come and break you out!  sorry you have 2 more infusions, just when you thought you were free.  What is it that they want you to try?  And what were your test for, it was a big word, I meant to google it!  Still giggling about when you asked Glennie about her young neighbour's "Johnson"  ha ha  Where does that even come from?

My recommendations for boardgames, with no fancy links:  Gubs, Super Farmer, Taboo, The game of things, Uno, Rat attat Cat, and the list goes on and on really!

Hope you snowbunnies are doing ok?  Some amazing/awful pictures on the news here.

DD had her allergy tests yesterday, and it is only eggs now, Yipppee!  She actually tested negative to peanuts last time too.  The new Doc wants to challenge with both eggs in baked goods, and peanuts, but DD is adamant she wont do it.  It would be strange, all of her life we have said do not eat peanuts or eggs, and now someone is saying "come on, eat them!"  She wants to punch him in the face lol.

Beautiful pics M, gorgeous day today, I think we have a 37 on the weekend?

Spookie, I think some flour also, they sound yummy!

xx

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Qwirkle sounds good. I'm impressed with your links!

S:  BOOOOOO on two more infusions and on hubby!  I agree, no need to see BS. You are not finished yet.  I will help raise bail too.  No worries. We have you covered.

Tai chi is very interesting. He is really working on form before adding the hand stuff.  He wants you to be able to shift your weight from foot to foot properly and so on. So yes,, it is working the muscles!  I'm thinking it will be helpful for yoga standing poses too.  Win-win!

In my other life (before BC)  he was my exercise coach.  I took a boot camp type course from him. Never could do the Tai Chi before as it conflicted with work scheduled. Now that I'm not really able to do a boot camp course,, it's good that I can get this course in around work.

Bobo: your yoga pants sound so comfy.  I love those soft comfy clothes.

M: you post such lovely pics!

Andrea: hope you are feeling better.

Dawny:  can't blame DD for not wanting to try those food after being allergic for so long. It's a scary thing!

DP: thinking of you and hoping you are getting a good rest!

**waving to all**

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

You live in paradise, M! That picture is lovely. I can almost see myself sitting with you watching the Dolphins! No, Andrea, my dr didn't tell me about the new BC vaccine! Is it for everyone?

Dawny-My MO wants me to try the fourth and last drug for ER+, Aromasin. I have had severe reactions to the first three. I doubt this one will be any different, but I will give it a try. The test I had was for the neuropathy in my feet and ankles. Very weird sensation to have electrical current zapping you behind your knees. I only felt one of the needles, the one in my shin, where there isn't much fat! Lol Glad DD's allergy tests went well. I can't blame her for not wanting to try the forbidden foods! I still won't touch the foods I tested allergic to 50 years ago. The term "Johnson" came from a movie many years ago. Well, that is where I first heard it! I like it better than Richard, sounds a bit more grown up.

Thank you all for the offer to raise bail money and dawny's offer to break me out. I might need it before this night is through! S

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited February 2015

hi everyone. Bingo legs waving at you. Still have at least six unread pages. So forgive me for this being random. Feeling better. Not great but loads better than Saturday and Monday for sure. Home Depot angels built and installed this massive ramp for me on Super Bowl Sunday. They don't sell them so they just made it for free. Kind if restores your faith in humanity. Still need taller seat for toilet. That is a struggle. I use walker around house but have to have wheelchair to leave house. Trying not to leave house. Back in a bit.

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Yay DP! So happy to hear from you! Glad you are feeling better. Keep it up!! Please tell me the home Depot guys were hot. Sorry Bond, enquiring minds want to know.

SGC: Just saw the BC vaccine on the news last night. It shows real promise for advanced stage cancer I believe. Might have to google it.

Pretty much had a painfree day, just battling nausea. Beginning to hurt a bit but so far nothing like last night. Oh and for those of you preoccupied with me peeing, it s the color of Orange Koolaide thanks to the Pyridium. Lol

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Oh Andrea, the orange koolaid pee, from the Pyrideum,would have to be better, than the cranberry juice, from no drugShocked

I hope the nausea has passed and you're on the other side of all that kidney stuff.

Yay I am so glad to see you back DP and Woo Hoo to home depot, that's a very good thing, I am so pleased to hear you had something nice done for you. I want to know if the builders were hot, too! I am sorry you have to use the aids, but so pleased you won't be falling down, any more. How's your face?

There is a raised seat available to go over the toilet, similar to a zimmer frame, which gives you handles to help pull yourself up to standing. Have you managed to source one? If you need any US sources,PM and Colin will help with addresses.

I have to tell you, I know more about aids and appliances, since being with Colin, than I ever wanted to. If it was a subject on Million Dollar Game Show, I could win enough to bail out Sgc and fly everyone to an Island for a catch up! LOL

Sgc, I can understand your Daughter's resistance to trying those foods. I still freak out if i think I have accidentally had something with raw dairy in it. I don't know why cooked dairy doesn't cause a problem, but real cream or milk is something that gives me the symptoms right away.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

LOL @ me and my fancy links! I was not the first person to use them here.. who was it? Fess up? It's super easy to do:

• click on the link image alt=""> tab (kind of looks like (-) with a line under it and it's next to the picture tab image alt="">)
    • click on insert link
    • paste in the url
    • add a name for the link

Easy peasy.

Yea DP is here :)

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Hi DP!  Glad to hear about the Home Depot angels!  Hope they were a bunch of hot looking guys.

Andrea:  Glad you are feeling better.

**waving to all **

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Glad you're feeling better, DP. So happy they made you a ramp. I'll shop there next time.

Andrea, definitely not my portfolio. I don't have one - just a beginner here. site is expeditionaryart.com. She has an exhibit here.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Glennie, you're not wrong about the Tai Chi working your muscles. My GF and I did a Tai Chi course years ago and everyine was ribbing us about, it being for "Old People" I don't think so! The fact that elderly Chinese people do it and make it look like it's easy peasy is where that myth was perpetuated. There is a class over on the Island every week hat I keep meaning to go to. I think I can remember my moves, holding then World and brushing the bird's tail. I used to stay in a Hotel opposite the park in Nathan Road in Hong Kong when I went there for training. There was Tai Chi in the park every morning, which was the best way to start the day, either watching them, or joining in.

Interested to see more on the vaccine. M x

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Just spoke to Colin 2 for the first time. since he had his surgery, every day the nurses have been saying he's improving, but he wasn't up to talking. He is doing really well and actually has more voice than he did before the surgery. His surgeon was able to actually shave the cancer off the nerve affecting his speech, to be able to give him some chance of working again, when this is over. He says he has 16 staples in his neck and looks like Milton the Monster, but he feels good and only has to do the radiotherapy that you swallow, no chemo. What a relief!

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

M, that is wonderful news!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

M: that is very good news.  Excellent that the surgeon was able to shave it off the nerve!

Agree about the Tai Chi,,, elderly Chinese people who are doing it,, have been doing it for decades!  They did not just start it! Same with Yoga,,, if you haven't done it, you do not realize how much it works your muscles.

This Coach teaches a couple of classes that are directed towards seniors.  Improving balance to minimize the risk of falling. Building stronger bones. Stuff like that. He's big into kinesio type stuff, how to move better, more efficiently

• DeliriumPie
    edited February 2015

attempt to catch up on 7 pages of posts, while half blind. having bond stop and buy me a pirate patch on his way home today. Poor guy, started a a certification class for work on Tuesday night. Same day his mom left and he took her to airport at 5am. Will be every Tuesday from 6-9 pm. He is normaly in bed by 8:30pm. Too stubbron to listen to me and slowly adjust schedule. whatever.

Bobo dog eats platters of organic tofu and carrots and basil. Why is everyone at bobo's house allergic to everything?

Glad Trixie is better. Is it the Cymbalta commercial where the lady is holding hands on the bus and having to find a bathroom? That is me and Trixie. I picked her up after last appointment. Going back to RO tomorrow. Will hold on to her tight. She can ride in my lap. When I was there on Monday for chemo, I just wanted to sleep. I could have totally stayed in that chair all night.

Chest is super tight today. Lymphs?

Feet are super swollen, along with knees of course. Cruising house with walker. Not as easy as it sounds. Waiting on Home Health approval. I would be interested in hearing about the palliative care. Not a clue how it works. The home health is apparantly just help ith errands or something.

I try to keep sheet sets minimal. Change duvets and quilts for weather. Don't like the folding or the space to store. Did HAVE to buy some sets on my post xmas spree though. ShopHQ any size, two coordinating damask sets for 7.99. Had to. Also bought 4 more sets to try to sell on CL. Plus 2 7 piece curtain sets for 4.99 each.

WAnted to work on that stuff today. No such luck. Just want to close my eyes again.

I got my veggie burger shipment yesterday. Looking forward to trying those. I went 10 years meatless, it was not so bad at all but i had to start eating chicken and fish because of anemia. So I went 5 more years of no red meat. two things i would eat on occasion: jack in the box tacos (which everyone knows is really kangaroo) and the tiny jack cheeseburger. nothing else was tolerable.

Last night, I got a bobo package addressed to hospital. omg. the painted flower picture made my heart happy. I must frame it. It is the most wonderful picture ever.

Screw BSs and thir follow up appointments! It is all about wasting our time and them collecting copays. I have skipped my last 2. If she could ever be on time, I might go, but it is a complete waste or my 2-3 hours to see her for 2-3 minutes.

Thank you Wren for sharing the website you say was a waste of time. :-)

You are all my heroes and are so good to me. Will try to stay more up to date. So much going on. I know I'm missing out here.

Face and knee still beat up, but face improving slowly. Want hot chocolate. Wanted tea earlier but didnt have energy to stand in kitchen waiting for it - well that and maybe thoughts of sand through the tea ball. ha. Love you cuz!

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Love you too cuz! If I didnt have to run up to Canada to renew my visa (yes they will deport me if I dont get it done before March 1)I would want to come down and make you hot chocolate!!

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Does anyone know if we can take vitamins and biotin if we are estrogen positive ?

My hair is thinning too much. Geez DP I may have to buy a wig or two from you soon.

• DeliriumPie
    edited February 2015

just tell me what color you want. Don't know about the estrogen pos, but biotin did wonders for my hair growth.

• DeliriumPie
    edited February 2015

I DID NOT receive wedding photos in my e-mail. I have not lost my memory yet.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I take vitamins,,, I don't think there is a problem,, as far as I know.

Hi DP!!  **waving**  I will forward the email to you.  Hope you get it. 

working,, back later,,, just saying hi

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Good update from DP! Curious to hear how the veggie burgers are.

I took Biotin for awhile, it didn't really do anything for me.. I took it mainly for my fingernails which are a nightmare. I'm trying to remember whether my MO recommended it or if I asked her... I'm pretty sure i got the green light for it.. but can't say 100%.

Going to start dinner... *waving*

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

DP, Hooray! So glad for update! More pictures are coming. The kids are 'on it,' as they say.

Stop grumbling! No wedding pictures yet! I had a card made at Target, it should arrive pretty soon, and then I will send them out. Meantime, DP, text me your email address and I will have DLLP send you a ramshackle assemblage of pictures made automatically by the Google doc robot! Technology is so strange.

I am so glad you are feeling better. Hooray Home Depot! I love your new ramp. I am glad you are not constantly falling down now, we have a plan. Is there anyone to whom we need to send a large paper bag filled to the brim with feces, human or otherwise, and then lit on fire? Just let us know and we are on it.

Yay Colin #2! He will keep his Ian McKellan -like voice! So happy!

Punishing schedule tomorrow. Conducting three writing workshops, the second of which will be RECORDED LIVE with the boss herself doing the recording! Terrible. It is very complicated and I don't feel ready. Plus tomorrow is our Princess' birthday and I will work morning to night and not see her much. The next day, however, is PIZZA PARTY! She has invited too many people. XXX

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Happy Birthday to the Princess!!  YAY for Pizza party!

I forwarded the Google pic email to DP,, hope she got it!  DP??? DId you get it?

UGH for punishing schedule tomorrow Bobo,,,, ((hugs))

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Did you call pallative care? It's my understanding they do pain mgmt and coordinate your care plus anything like home health. Hopefully they can get you approved quickly.

Do your lungs need to be drained again?

In the bag for mo.

S. Have you had a DNA drug sensitivity test?

M. Good news about Colin 2.

I saw mo today. He's retiring next year. His replacement is finishing up his oncology residency so I'll have a young whippersnapper:) everything looks good. Will have the scan trifecta in April for my two yr anniversary. Pet, bone, ct.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Happy Birthday Princess. Bobo hope you can get through your rough day and enjoy the pizza party Friday.

DP, glad to hear you feel some better.

Zills, glad you had a good checkup. Keep that whippersnapper in line next year.

hi to all!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

I'm laughing at you all getting hot and bothered over Home Depot guys :) Was it DP that got hot and bothered over a cable guy?

M, that's great news about Colin #2, he must be so relieved. I love the pic you posted... I could sit and watch that all day long.

Interesting game suggestions... I am going to look a couple of them up, especially the color scrabble.

Dawny, I don't blame DD, I want to punch him in the face too... I don't have any experience with food allergies, but like we all talked about earlier.. a reaction can be a horrible thing.. better to leave well enough alone I think.

Spookie, your quinoa muffins sound intriguing, let me know how they turn out... I might have to get the recipe from you.

sgc, I'll help bail you out and hide any evidence :) Sorry you have to go for more infusions, you were so thrilled they were over!! Talk about a head game... geesh.

DP, in the bag for you tomorrow... what's the steroid situation now... still taking them?

Andrea, they were thinking pasta/tea strainers and I was just envisioning sand flying out of your hoo haw. How's the nausea now? Still pain free I hope.... and hopefully rid of that damn thing?

Bobo, excited over Target card and pizza party!! Is MD attending? Sorry you're having a grueling day tomorrow :( I have to admit the workshop being recorded does not sound pleasant, but I bet you'll be brilliant.. I wonder if I should send dirty text jokes.. what time are they? :)

Z, glad you had a good MO visit... how are the kids feeling?

*waves to Glennie & PRB*

Nothing too new to report.. it seems our whole world is revolving around snow.. more tonight and some more over the weekend... nothing as significant as the two storms we got, but I suppose anything is significant when you still have all the snow from those storms. It's in the minus temps out there tonight.

Did I tell you guys that the mother of one of the attorneys in my office was diagnosed with BC.. she's 97... yes, 97 and she had a lumpectomy today and will be on Tamoxifen after. I'm not sure about radiation, but they said no chemo. Personally, I am surprised they operated on her at that age. Here's the funny part.. she has my BS. Might not seem so strange to many of you, but here in Boston, with 3 major hospitals all near each other, each with multiple BS per hospital, the odds of her getting same BS were pretty small.

Think I'm going to watch an Apprentice episode... not sure if I'm really liking this season much.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

I made the quinoa muffins a few weeks ago, they turned out pretty good. I liked them for evening snack. I just thought the cherries would jazz them up some more. Looks like I can make them tomorrow, the busy life of a retireeLOL! Will let you know

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Hi all, it is late afternoon and I haven't stopped much all day Pink Ladies meeting, first up and then lots of other things to do. I have been in and out all day. One of our young girls (50) has just been Dx again after 3 years with it in her liver. She has named the tumor Larry after Lazarus! She is having a PET scan today and a meeting with the liver surgeon after the scan and if Larry is a loner, she has the surgery on Monday She startes chemo again next week and is having a party on the 18th to shave her head and to do a BC fundraiser I call her the "Pocket Rocket" for obvious reasons.

ldesim, I don't get it either, there was a woman last year, the Mother of a friend of mine, who was Dx at, I believe 93 or 94, she had a Umx and did very well, then she decided a few months later, to have the other side off, for symmetry. I could not believe it, neither could her Daughter who asked me to talk her out of it, no way Jose! She is doing really well and I think she's an absolute star! LOL I couldn't have stepped up for that surgery again so soon.

Meant to tell you that The Block has just started again, I am not watching it this time, I am over it!

Hi Z, I hope you like the new young whippersnapper! I just spoke to Colin 2 again and although he just had the surgery on Monday, he is home and he sounds fantastic. One of our friends, who is an actor and was in HAIR with Colin 2, did a tweet about Colin 2 and the phone calls have been coming thick and fast from old cast members and people he has sung with in bands over the years. I think he is enjoying it!

Bobo, good luck with your recorded work tomorrow, you are always so busy. I hope they appreciate you. Big smooshy hugs and kisses to our Princess for her Birthday Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!

DP, great to see you, I would love to be there to make you hot chocolate and High Tea treats! Better using the frame than falling down, I know it would be a pain, bot better than breaking bone. Poor Bond, he's doing a lot too.

Waving to everyone, I feel a nap coming on...catch you later! M x