Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

Just checked in. No words.

If you still want someone to compile the messages and make a digital scrapbook I would be honored to participate, or even head it up.

She is, after all my little cousin (we joked we were related because we both decided we were related to the same person on ancestry.com....many generation ago) .

I cant do it before next week because I am out of the country until Monday.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

Oh geez. We love you DP. Xxx. Back later. Xx

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Andrea you are so creative. That would be awesome. Do you know how to add music to it too? Tori Amos? Can it be distributed to all of us. I'll get bonds info. Do you have everyone's email?

also think we should do a paper scrapbook too. Glennie do you want that? Who's going to make the ultimate sacrifice and eat spam so we can have the labels? Wonder if I can find one with her recipe? Didn't she say it was too long for the can? I think our Aussie and Canadian friends should send us labels. Probably everyone. I bet they are different depending on where you are.

PRB we completely understand if you want a break but please don't disappear completely. We would all worry.

I'll work on finding some windchimes.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Hi Z, what is it you want? labels from Spam cans? how many? Let me know what you want me to do. I have a list of other music she is into too.

I just got home from the fundraiser, it went really well, with 4 others shaving their heads with my friend. She looked like she was fading, during her head being shaved, it has only been 9 days since her massive liver surgery, but she hung in there.

Just heading off to bed, will catch you tomorrow.. Hugs to DP and Bond! M x

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Z-I am not creative, can't draw a straight line with a ruler. Please let me know if I can help. I can get spam labels or whatever else that doesn't require artistic ability!

PRB-I would miss you so much! I do understand if you need to take a break, just don't be gone too long.

At the risk of amusing our northern sisters, it is cold here. House won't go above 65 degrees. We have "heat pumps" aka over sized electrical heat that is ment for Florida! Burrrrr.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Yes, Andrea,, you are so creative!! Can you do digital scrapbook?  A digital scrapbook for us would be so awesome.  We can do a paper scrapbook for Bond and the GP's.  I will be happy to help with whatever!!  I cannot do digital, but I could give the paper one a good crack!  Will look for Spam cans when I go to the grocery store.  L has been bookmarking newspaper articles.  I think if you find one,, or a vid,,, put the link here so we have them all in one place.  I will be hunting for them too,, and will find out about ordering reprints.  Does anyone know what are DP's favorite colors?

M has list of music. I knew Tori Amos, but M has others?? Cool.  M:  glad that the event will well!! Only 9 days since surgery?  She is a bad ass rock star.

I have LE therapy this AM,, so must run and get ready. Back later.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

bond got to speak to her last night. Here's her info. Same place as last time. If you want to send an email, remember someone gma? Bond? Will have to read them to her.

she is in room 731 at Harris Methodist

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

I was thinking spam labels for the scrapbook. Send to glennie. Maybe a note along with it. I guess that would be two each. Bond and GPs.

I despise heat pumps. Yes you freeze.

And don't sign up for the energy conservation for summer. You'll roast. So not worth the $5 you save on your bill.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Don't make the jokes TOOO dirty in case GMa is reading it!!

Thanks for the update, Z,,, sooooo glad Bond got to talk to her!!

Somewhere back in the thread,, I think there are pics of her other recipes like for the fair?? I can try to print them out too,,, or if someone can print them and mail to me that would be awesome.  I have wonky printer, but might be able to do it.  Use that for paper scrapbook, with the Spam labels.  Maybe find an emblem for the Fair.  I have a friend who is serious scrapbooker,,,, will get advice.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015

Zills, Thank you for the updates and as Bob said we are sorry you have to deliver the messages.  So glad DP and Bond found each other . I will eat 50 cans of spam if that's what we need to do .  PRB like the others said understandable if you need  a break.  I have tried taking a break but keep coming back as you all are the only ones that understand me .  hugs DP, Bond & GMA

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

So happy that Bond got to talk to our DP. The scrapbook plans sound wonderful. I don't eat spam but let me know if you need labels. I am going to watch the videos.

M, I am so impressed with your friend. She is just incredible!

Will check in. Now I'm off to send a hospital email. XXX

• SC60
    edited February 2015

sent email to DP. I was wondering if bond knows how to get on this site?

Will send Glennie Spam labels. Still " snowed in", but will get them asap. Gee, life stops down here with a little snow and ice! I really need to get out!

I am sending an edible arrangement to DP. Even if she doesn't want to eat any, GMA and bond can. I am sure they are exhausted

• SC60
    edited February 2015

Sent edible arrange to DP from all using our site names. Wrote on card that we were sending lots of love and gentle hugs to DP, Grands, and Bond.

I don't know what else to do, but I feel as I have to do something. Today is Ash Wednesday, maybe I will go to church. It might just fall down

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

S, could you give me the link to sending the email? Did it last time, but can't get through on the same link today.

Great idea sending an edible arrangements bouquet! Thank you for doing that. Hope Bond and the GPs can get some nutrients.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

I just sent a message for DP to Bond's email address. Thank you Zills for sending that. I also sent him instructions on how to find our little group, and encouraged him to come here to let us know how he is doing in the future.

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Oh you guys. I have tried to leave here several times, but to no avail. I'm sure I won't be leaving... I was just feeling overwhelmed yesterday because the reality of this disease came crashing in pretty hard. Like right now.. sitting at my desk with tears in my eyes. I don't like it. I don't like this feeling. I am fucking pissed that DP's life has been cut so short, while idiots roam the streets until they are 90. How does any of this make any sense? It just doesn't.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Oh, I'm glad to hear she was up for a bit.. talk about a friggin roller coaster :(

PRB, we all have the same thoughts.. I listen to the news and all the assholes in the world and while I don't want to wish anybody harm, surely there is better candidates than a 32/33 year old who goes out of her way to make other people happy and doesn't appear to have a bad or mean bone in her body. I have an audit I am supposed to be getting ready for, but I just keep getting teary eyed over her :(

I will eat spam, or throw it out for the birds/wildlife. Seriously though, I am going to give her recipe a try.. just once.

I'll be able to throw myself wholeheartedly into the project in whatever capacity come Friday. I'd be happy to source out the music as well as the articles and as I said, I will allow spam in my household for a limited time for this project :)

{{{{DP}}}}

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Thanks Zills for Bond's email, I sent one off for him to read. I didnt do a dirty joke but not because of gma.. hey I am a gma and I would get a kick out of any, but just couldnt do it today besides I never can remember a good one!!

Prb, agree just makes no sense whatever this damn cancer, her life was just getting started.

I will help with what I can with scrapbook etc. but will not be home for at least 2 weeks, but I could send some $$ to anyone to help with costs, just let me know please. Does Spam have paper labels? thought is was printed on a tin can but havent bought it in years. Just wondering.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Idesim, you can NOT throw Spam out for birds to eat. Birds are not pig cannibals.

It seems I cannot turn my back to you for one minute.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Did you all crash the website? Am I in the right place? I'm getting a blank page.

https://www.texashealth.org/fortworth/Pages/Patien...

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Nobody knows what Spam is, Bobo :) *sticks tongue out at Bobo's back*

• SC60
    edited February 2015

Bobo-can't seem to copy and past friggin email to make a link. I will keep trying! S

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I know, I'm getting a blank page too!

Idesim, you can feed your birds seeds or worms. Not Spam. When Glennie is back from her appt she will further educate you, since she has a friend at a fancy bird feeding store.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

S, it's a blank page.. that's what I was getting too... I think you all crashed the email system... at least that is my story.

So Bobo, you don't think Spam has the same nutritional value as a worm? :)

• prb1956
    edited February 2015

Bobo probably secretly eats worms to get her protein levels up. She just won't eat cow. That's murder.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Idesim, you are teasing me. I know you know Spam is not the same as a worm. It has diff ingredients. You cannot feed animals things they do not eat, it is immoral, it will result in some kind of eco-chaos, have not you read Wallace Shawn's latest play? It is all about that. Horrifying.

Blank page! Mother F! I was sending those emails before like it was my job. Are we crashing it?

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Spam is pork.  I would not feed to birds. They like bird seed, sunflower seeds, suet,,well, they do eat insects,, but not pork.  The Spam cans do not have labels,,, WTF,, they are like painted on the cans?   And no recipes on the cans,, at least not on the ones here.

Here's some interesting facts about Spam.  It only has 6 ingredients!  Still not healthy.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/11/why-you-should-eat-spam_n_4923479.html

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

S:  edible arrangement was brilliant idea!  Thank you so much for thinking of it.

PRB:  Excellent on sending info to Bond on how to find our group.  Hoping he will check in.

I have not read Wallace Shawn's latest play.  Should I?  What is the title?

Have to figure out how many articles and photos before starting scrap book.  Then I'll know how many pages I'll need.

I sent an email to Bond,,, will try the Hospital's one too.  Yet another contributor to the crash!