Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Bond got his name because she was on her way in to the ER one time and she fell, but as she went down he scooped her up before she hit the ground. That was fairly recent, but she always talked about him, just can't remember what she called him before.

TB, thank you for that! I knew she PM'd with you too!

She is one of the sweetest girls, who never cared about the age difference. She never seemed to think of me as so much older than her. I guess the closeness she has with her Grands makes that easy for her.

She is a really fierce shopper, wow, could she sniff out a bargain.

I just found this....

http://www.dallasnews.com/lifestyles/food-wine/foo...

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Oh M! Awesome find! I wonder if we can get that printed and framed for Bond... kinda long.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Maybe we could order a reprint from the paper.  It might be in a nice concise size for framing?

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

I was hoping to find the live interview I watched, thought it might be on YouTube, but I can't find it. I f you google her name and Spam Philly Dilly you will find a few different stories. There is one that quoted Bond as having eaten them for breakfast and lunch when she was developing it! LOL

Ahhh, Glennie, that was so funny! The idea of her in a diaper driving the freeway was too funny. She was adamant Bobo was going to wear makeup for the wedding.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

She was so angry when she thought I would not wear foundation that she wasn't even 'listening' to me! I wrote up a list of all the make-up I would wear to the wedding but she ignored it. And then when I brought it up she said something like 'Well, I thought that was a random list just to appease me.'

:)

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Maybe we could make Bond a scrapbook of the articles?

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

PRB, I understand how you feel, being sick of cancer and how it hurts, sure would miss you here too. It seems we dont have to be here to have more cancer surround us, almost weekly I hear of someone else that is a friend, relative, or a friend of a friend it can really get me down. But this board has been such a great help to me, not sure where I would be without all of you.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Same NDgirl... Glennie.. scrapbook is an AMAZINGLY fantastic idea. I bet we can save the articles on disk and get them printed or something.

Good idea too about contacting the paper... I think they are called proofs?

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

not sure what they are called,,,, but seems to be that newspapers offer "reprints",,, and I've seen articles framed or laminated in offices and businesses,,, so,, there must be a way to do it.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Bobo.. hand to heart.. I thought she was going to make good on her threat.. she seemed that determined!!!!

• ldesim
    edited February 2015
  • Ariom
    edited February 2015

I agree ndgirl, I would miss you too PRB, please think about staying. I find that I am constantly hearing of more and more people around me, being Dx too.

I am going to miss DP's posts, but I feel the same way as you nd, about everyone here, I look forward to catching up every day.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I searched around on that link that M posted,, and there is a place to buy article/photo reprints!  I can't manage that on work computer, but it is available!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I also look forward to catching up with everyone every day.  I want to know how everyone is,, how is Colin 1 & 2,, all the children,,, when is ND walking to Canada again?  (after the snow,, I know that answer) Wren's cats and everyone's dogs.  What is on the coffee table and what is in the Vitamix?

Beside PRB,, you can't leave,, don't you want to see Bobo's new nipples in July???  NOLA, baby!!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

ldesim, thank you! That isn't the one I saw, so there must be more out there! Wasn't that guy a dweeb? Just sayin' LOL

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

I found another video and Bond is in it :)

DP SPAM contest

edited to say I listened to it again and Bond does say something about eating it for breakfast and lunch!

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Glennie, all I can find is a request for back copies that only go back 6 months.

M, yes he was a major dweeb lol. I'm surprised... she has no Texas twang at all. Is she originally from TX?

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Here's another with a really nice picture of her.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/03/12/richland-hills-...

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

PRB!!! Awesome find!!!

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

So the first article that M posted... on the right side like 3/4 down the page there was a Marika ad... then the video that PRB posted.. there are wind chimes in the beginning... just sayin.

M, I can't imagine she ever had a bad picture..with those gorgeous eyes, she is very photogenic.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Hi All! Not the news I wanted to hear either. I think a scrapbook is a lovely idea. If the paper is contacted, they will give you a reprint, usually for a small fee. You can also contact the news station for a copy of a broadcast. So many great DP stories tonight. She has always been everyone's champion. My heart is broken.

Thank you Z for taking on such a difficult role. I hope BG is feeling better and things aren't too bad with the cold weather and the kids being cooped up.

The snow here has turned to a layer of ice. It is supposed to be bitter cold Thursday and Friday. Hope the sun comes out tomorrow to melt some of it as we don't have road crews here. The "city" is just too small and poor. Kids are off again tomorrow.

My GD turned 5 today and her dad, my DS, turns 31 tomorrow. The celebrations are set for Saturday. Might snow, so I will have to see if I can make the 1 1/2 hour trip. Sadly, other than getting a present, GD won't care if I am there or not. She only sees me at Christmas and on her birthday. Not my choice.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

S. be careful if you do attempt to make the trip, it doesn't sound like your ice is going anywhere for a bit, I'm sorry to say :( GD may care more than you realize... and yes, presents are always welcome, especially when you're 5 :)

I do love the idea of a scrapbook.. anybody think they can pull off making it? I am not good with anything crafty.. I will be happy to work on getting copies of the articles.

• SC60
    edited February 2015

I don't know how I pictured Bond, but that wasn't it! Lol

I seem to be a bit behind tonight! Glad you are all on top of things!

Love to all, S

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

PRB, that was fantastic, still not the one I saw on the news.

ldesim, I don't believe in coincidence, I call them signposts:) I don't know where she was from originally, but I was surprised that there was no twang in her accent, too.

I am going to listen to some Tori Amos today, that is her fave act and she said wanted to go to more concerts this year.

SC, I am so sorry to hear you don't get to see your GD often, that's awful. I hope you get to make the trip.

Glennie, I think that is a great idea too, let me know if I can do anything.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I think as we find articles or vids,, we should post links here so they are all in one place.  Wondering if someone is computer techy enough to put all the vids on a disc???  Can they be saved onto one?  Don't think I know how.  MIchael's has a whole scrapbooking area,, I can try to be crafty,,,

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

DP posted a picture of him awhile back...in a Hawaiian shirt? Maybe it was from their trip.

SG - Bitter cold in Virginia. I couldn't help myself, I had to look at your forecast to see what bitter cold was to a southern gal. -4 lol The boys in dd's class wear shorts in that weather! I am not kidding...how do their parents let them out the door like that?

Ideism - I caught the windchimes at the beginning too. I liked that video because she is in her house, living her life. Not all that long ago. Did anyone look for boxes piled up? :)

• SC60
    edited February 2015

Granted, bitter cold in Va is not cold to you all, but no one owns cords, wool sweaters, or ski jackets here either. Bought DD a winter jacket from LL Bean because she is always freezing! Lol took me years to stop wearing shorts in the winter here! I still sleep with a window open! "You can take the girl out of NY...." Lo

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I listened to the vid on my Ipod,, DP doesn't have a Texas accent at all. I did not notice any piles of boxes either.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Heading to bed.. I bookmarked some articles, will seek out more.. thank you girls for keeping my mood lifted a bit after that terrible news we received. Sweet dreams to everyone.

{{{{DP/Bond}}}}

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

I agree about the lack of TX accent. She speaks very quickly for a Texan too. Probably talks faster than I do.

PRB, If you need a break, I'll understand, but I'll also miss you a lot.

A scrapbook would be a good idea, I think. I didn't see any boxes either. Probably hid them in the garage for the TV crew.