Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Me too Spookie .. thank you Z. I hope you are in peace now DP.. love you.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Oh crap. Crap. Crap. 

Oh, Bond, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you were there with her at the end. Thank you for reading her the emails and letting her know how much we loved her. She leaves a huge hole in our hearts.

Z:  thank you for passing on the text. You are so strong to be the bearer of bad news. (((Z)))

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Soar with the Angels DP!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

I'm crying too. I do hope she knew how much she was loved. Zills, sorry you had to be the bearer of bad news. That must have been really difficult for you. Hugs.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

Our beautiful and witty DP has left us. I'm crying too. So hard to understand. I'm really thankful that Bond was able to read our emails to her. She knew.. yes I believe she knew how much we all loved her. Thank you Z for letting us know. Love you DP - always.

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2015

Me too. Oh, I know she felt all of our love. See you on the other side, sweet DP.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

I miss you DP.

Z, you have been so strong. I am going to be your support now. Available by phone day or night. Will leave my phone on.

• javafriend
    javafriend Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2015
    The universe gained a beautiful new angel. DP is smiling, singing Tori Amos songs, and is now free from pain. I have no doubt that she knew how much she was loved by Bond, the Grands, and all you wonderful warrior women.
  • AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

I just got back to my daughter"s house nd said I needed a few minutes to go through everything I missed today from my friends.

I literally gasped when I read she is gone. Her pain and suffering is done. But she leaves behind broken hearts in Texas and around the world.

Bond will have so many tears, and pain over his loss of his soul mate. I hope he turns to us, who also loved her so much, for comfort.

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015

DP, Fly with the Angels and know that you will always be in our hearts. 

Bond know that you were loved deeply .  Not just by DP but by all of us here  

Zills to add to Bobo's comments. I am here for whatever you may need

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

It sounds like Bond was with her, which I am grateful for.. how sweet is he btw.. to being going through what he is going through, yet thought of and took the time to text Z. What a sweet man and I'm glad DP had him in her life. He has a rough time ahead of him, my heart breaks for him and for her and for us.

Z, I hope you have some Ben & Jerry's at your disposal... dunk some Tim Tams in it.

I am so numb.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

You will always be with us, DP.  I feel like I should have a Taco Bell burrito in your memory.

(Fia:  I have that Anais Nin quote hanging on my wall.)

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

I missed seeing whether anyone wants me to make a digital scrapbook of DP and our chats.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Did you guys see that DP's thread has over 62,000 views? Even though it's not on Active Topics?

Yikes, DP. We are all going to smut jail!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Yes, I think a digital scrapbook would be nice.  I posted some links earlier in the thread and so have others. LInks to pics and articles and vids.  I'll be happy to help put together a "paper" scrapbook for Bond and the GP's and will welcome pictures and articles, links, as you find them. I tried searching for a pic of DP in Hawaii with the Spam fest and did not find one,, so if anyone comes across a pic of Hawaii, please send it on. I'll have some free time Friday morning and will attempt to print some things then,, and/or order reprints from the newspapers etc.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

I think she posted some pics on the thread from the trip. No idea how to find them. By approx. dates

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Oh Z, I am so pleased that the emails arrived and Bond could read them to our girl. I know she can hear him, I am so pleased she knows we are all around her. S that fruit basket was such a great idea, thank you for including all of us in that lovely gesture.

ldesim, I was worried about imposing on Bond, but I believe he has taken it well and in the spirit it was intended. We simply want our girl to know how much she touched us all and we're here for her, no matter what.

I knew nothing about the Fundme site.

I am so chuffed that our Princess liked the card, I am just sorry it took so long to get there. No card from MD, what's her problem? Geesh!

I love Mac and Cheese, just can't eat it anymore. It is the true meaning of comfort food!

OMG the Northern Lights, I would love to see those. I loved that movie "Local Hero", must watch that again sometime. nd, I am so sorry you and DH are not feeling the best. I hope it passes soon and you both feel better.

Hello Lisa, nice to meet you! I see you've been through a lot too, with all your treatments. I hope you're doing well!

Colin has just arrived home with a massive new teevision in the back of his car, need to get a neighbor to help me get it into the house. Be back later...M x

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

I didn't realize Colin drove. Awesome.

If anyone has anything at all they would like to put on the digital scrapbook for DP please email it to me. I will be happy to share my email with you; just pm me for it.

I went through the whole week of preparations and funeral for my dear FIL (whom I did love )and didnt shed a tear. I have cried buckets tonight since hearing about DP. He lived 50 years longer than her. She should have had that time too.

My heart aches for Bond and GPs. They must be so very sad tonight. And Bond has to go home to their dogs....and all her boxes.

Please lets always keep this thread going in her memory. I would be so sad to lose touch with you all.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Fly high our dear DP, you will always be in our hearts! Bond and Grandparents must be so broken hearted but also there will be a sense of relief knowing their dear girl is no longer in pain. So glad Bond was able to read the emails to her and that the edible arrangement arrived in time. It almost seemed like she waited to get to hear our emails and get the fruit.. I believe she knew they were coming and then it was time for her to go where there is no more tears or pain. Now we have the pain and sorrow, but I am so thankful that I got to know her. Remember that she said she had a little insurance policy for her grandparents that they didnt know about? She was so always thinking of others. I am going to bed to cry! Hugs to Bond and Grands.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

OMG, I had that post half done on my computer, I finished it and sent without seeing all the other posts.

Oh Bond, I am so terribly sorry. It will be tough for you, please talk to someone if you need to.

DP, I feel strangely calm, although I would have given anything for you to stay, I would never want you to be feeling that pain and fear any more. You suffered so much and now you're free.

We were fortunate to have you and I know you loved having us around, we will miss you. M x

• ndgirl
    edited February 2015

This is a picture of the Northern Lights by my friends farm, this was last night! Doing this in memory of Sheila!

'#northernlights over our farm & Hannah off to the right #ndlegendary #auroraborealis'"}" data-reactid=".5d">Like · · Share · 2471

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Awww M, I think you missed a post :(

oh ND, I didn't know that.. now I am teary again.. so sweet.

Andrea, you've had rather a rough/busy week... I have some sites bookmarked.. I'll look for more too and then send you a list of them all.

Glennie, I think I can print color off one of our copiers if that is any assistance.. I can maybe print and mail stuff to you.

I don't think I've cried this much since my father passed away almost 8 years ago.

{{{{DP}}}}

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

M, I am strangely calm too.. she was in so much pain for a long time. xxx

• ndgirl
    edited February 2015

I tried to post a picture of the northern lights in memory of DP but it wouldnt work for me. Dang.

• javafriend
    javafriend Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2015
    ND, maybe the northern lights were DP dancing across the universe, letting us know she is free now.
  • Ariom
    edited February 2015

Andrea, Colin drives a really nice Audi that has been modified into the on board computer with his hand controls and sports electric seat, which turns outwards, for him to get easy access. His wheelchair goes up on a hoist to the roof of the car. He spent many months in his parents driveway, after his accident, getting the strength to turn the steering wheel so he could get out and have some independence. Some would say stubborn, I say driven! You couldn't stop him after that, he was snow skiing and water skiing, designing the sit skis with a friend, who is an engineer. He is a world champion solo sailor and has no problem driving for hours towing a boat. He does all our driving if we go anywhere.

I often tell people, if he wasn't in a wheelchair, I would never keep up with him. He's quite amazing, ha, you can tell I am his biggest fan! LOL The problem is, he has no fear, once an adrenaline junkie, always an adrenaline junkie, he broke his neck hang gliding, but a psychic once said, with his Horoscope and Numerology, if he hadn't done it that way, he'd have done it some other way. He has the best attitude I have ever encountered.I have never once heard him complain, other than to say he wishes he had the use of his hands, because he loved to build things. He says the best thing for him, was that there was no insurance, for his accident, it made him have to strive, to get where he wanted to and I admire him for everything he has achieved. Add to that, he has been a rock for me, through all my health issues. He's a keeper! M x

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

Oh girls. We love you DP.

Crap on a chapstick just doesnt touch it. We will miss her so much. Poor Bond and G,P's. Love to them. X

• ndgirl
    edited February 2015

Java, I think it is very possible that DP is dancing in the northern lights, and she would be the brightest!

I can't seem to rest or sleep tonight, I just can't get why these things happen

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

Nd, it is hard to fathom isn't it? To think we will never hear from her again.

I am drinking a Corona with lemon (would have like a wine, but didn't have any, and didn't bother going to get any). And I am thinking about our DP. Remember a few weeks ago, the steroid were making so chatty? Lol. Long posts about shopping, I loved every one of them!

Sgc, thank you so much for sending the basket, it sounds like they enjoyed it.

I know there is probably no point to it, but I can't help wondering if DP was aware how short her time was? Did she understand what was going on? She must have been with it to text Z just a few days ago.

Thank you Z for letting us know, and being the contact person. Xx

Whilst I was out today, my mum dropped around a huge packet of Tim Tams, 18 in a packet, (i counted them to see). Maybe she somehow knew I would need them tonight? Love you too Mum. Xx

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

Yea for Timtams.

I'm crabby and out of sorts. Going to send BG to school. There were 8 yesterday. Schools already closed for tomorrow. Negative temps. Must go dress like the boy from a Christmas story? Sorry chemo brain in full effect.

Looked at windchimes. Never knew there were so many options! Thinking we should send a shepherds hook too. Packet of forget me nots.