Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year Teri!!  Here's hoping that the days to come bring joy to your life.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2014

happy new year's Teri!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited January 2014

Happy 2014, Teri! Sending love...

Rose.

• sparklysue
    sparklysue Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2014

happy new year from England. Xxx

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited January 2014

Teri,

Warm wishes for a peaceful New Year

Nel

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year Teri!

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year Terri

Mara x

• aoibheann
    aoibheann Member Posts: 254
    edited January 2014

Wishing you a peaceful New Year, Terri.

Aoibheann 

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year Teri!  Thinking of you.

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year, Teri!  Hope it's off to a pain free, peaceful and good start! 

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year, Teri, and to all!  I spent Christmas in Virginia and South Carolina - no sign of Deuce in either place!  Teri, I'm glad you had a nice Christmas and hope you are enjoying your new jammies!

Best wishes to all for 2014.  I hope it brings moments of joy and peace into everyone's lives.  (Oh, and all the pet pics are so cute!)

Love, light and hugs, Amy

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

Teri, I think of you often, I wish you days of no pain, helping hands and gentle hugs.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2014

This year, for the first time in several years, I'm feeling a little more positive about possible treatments that may help  me breathe easier.  Right now I'm trying to get hold of my old onc to see if he will see me as a consult to discuss the possibilities.  If there are some, I my decide to come back off hospice for a while and try them out.  I'm so tired of not being able to breathe!

If there are none, I will just remain on hospice.  Hospice said they would pay for me to get this consultation so there will be nothing out of pocket for me.  Wish me luck and if you've been on a treatment that's helped you breathe easier, pass along the name so I can ask my onc about it.  Thanks.

Beautiful pictures of pets and places girls. Looks like several of us had rather good holidays this year.  That's so nice to see. Love you all and wishing you all the best. 

Teri

• ibcmets
    ibcmets Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2014

Teri,

I hope your onc finds something that will help you, especially with breathing & get you off hospice.  Wishing you miracles for 2014!

Terri

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year, Teri!

Not sure what is causing your problems breathing, but I sure hope there is something that can help. I think I need to send you my t-shirt that says "I try to take each day as it comes, but sometimes they all come at once!" and I think it applies to all our symptoms and discomforts - such a large number of them, each of which might not be so hard to take, but toss them in all at once and it becomes a struggle. So I hope getting a little help with breathing will make the other things a little more bearable. Sending lots of hugs and warm wishes for comfort as this year begins.

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Afternoon Teri!

Ooo I do hope your onc can come up with a treatment that will allow you to breathe easier!  I'm keeping everything crossed that that is so.

I'm slowly returning to normal routine.....lol.....no more grands, just DH and I oh and the dog and cat......lol.....peace has returned to my small abode.......yay!!!!  I can now start to think about what I want to do for the art exhibition that I have been asked to participate in.  It will be a combination photography and textile exhibition called 'Country Women'.  It should be very interesting but if I'm going to participate I need to get my skated on and get some things done!

Hoping you are feeling as good as possible!

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited January 2014

Good to hear your optimism, Teri.  There couldn't be a better day for it.  Happy New Year!

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited January 2014

Teri - I hope you will be able to find some breathing relief soon.

We have blizzard warnings up right now, although it doesn't seem possible after the mild weather we have had lately.  I hope the outside critters are battening down. Inside we are cozy and enjoying being warm. Our amazon parrot enjoys a good wet bath given with a spray bottle. She has no idea that the temps are dropping outside and the wind will soon be picking up. She talks a bit and is very entertaining. 

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Afternoon Teri!  The weather has finally cooled down and the last two days have been rather pleasant.........a little gentle rain every now and then and the temperature low enough that I can wear my jeans and be comfortable.......love my jeans!

It's going to be a busy week for me this week as I head to the city on Monday, stay with 
    DD while I'm there and get to see my doc on Tuesday to finally check out this lump in my neck.  Once that is all done it's back home for a day before heading out to my SIL as my niece is coming home (she lives in Brisbane) with the three boys and I'm going over so I can catch up with them all......just for a couple of days.......lol.

Any word on your appointment with your onc yet?

Hoping you are staying warm and comfortable.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• aaoaao
    aaoaao Member Posts: 245
    edited January 2014

Teri, I do hope that your onc can come up with a great tx that will help you to breath better.  Hopefully, the new year will find you feeling better and in less pain.

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2014

hey Teri! Thought you might like another pic of a pooch! I got her in February from a lady who didn't have time for her. The dog's name was Sasha but it just didn't seem to fit her. So we changed it to ziva (off of ncis tv show)! Ziva has been a very challenging dog. I would like to think of myself as an animal person and pretty in tune wih them, but she has been difficult. She is three now but has very little manners. When I had my mastectomy in October I thought I might have to get rid of her because I was afraid she would knock me down...as she is 70lbs and not aware of her size! I just couldn't give her away...two other humans had her and gave up on her and I did 't want to be the third. 

Anyhow, sorry to her about your breathing troubles. I hope you can find relief soon! Just typing that makes me take a deep breath. Hope the oncologist can help! 

Just curious, what kind of goats did you have?

• SusanR
    SusanR Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year Teri!  Here in Chicago we are going to get a second blast of snow and then hit the deep freeze.  I think Monday's high is supposed to be -10 with wind chills around -50.  Coldest winter for Chicago in decades.

I'm so hoping they can find something to help you breathe easier.  Please let us know how that turns out with the Onc.

Much love,

SusanR

• chanah
    chanah Member Posts: 90
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year to Teri and all our BCO sisters!

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited January 2014

sorry it's a bit late,  Happy New Year Teri!

I hope your onc finds something to help your breathing, and that you have many many happy and peaceful moments this year. 

Nicky

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri,  Happy New Year!  It was good to hear from you.  I hope your appointment with oncologist  gives you some excellent breathing therapies.  We are in the middle of a nasty/ frigid cold spell.  Yesterday was -25 windchill and today is a balmy -15 windchill.  I hate going out in it, even my goodlendoodles don't like going out and they normally love the snow to play in.  Its suppose to warm up a little by tomorrow.  

Keeping you in my thoughts, good luck with the doctor.

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited January 2014

Thinking about you!  Just got back from a little snow play in Wrightwood, Ca with some friends for a few days.  No sign of Deuce!  Of course, I lost my balance and fell in the snow.  Hurt my knee and pulled a muscle......just call me Grace!  

imageThought I'd throw in a pic of one my labs, Micki Bird.  She is such an emotionally intelligent dog!

• Australia
    Australia Member Posts: 128
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri, i sincerely hope you can get some help with your breathing,i would have thought oxygen would help. I have blood clots in the,lungs that compromised my breathing and there is nothing worse. I got home from hospital yesterday and was extremely hot so just sat inside with aircon going all day and night. Is a very still and overcast morning,like the calm before the storm.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2014

Kjones, beautiful dog.  Just like my golden retriever though, with no sense for size.  I had a mish mash of goats.  I called them Nu-Pines.  Part Nubian, part Alpine, part this and part that.

Bon, I wish I knew exactly why I couldn't breathe. I was told it was simply because of the progression of the disease. Now if that's not vague I don't know what is. Then they told me it was the lymphangitic spread which means the cancer cells are running freely through my lungs' lymph systems.  But the lymph systems don't carry the blood or oxygen needed for breathing so once again, why can't I breathe?

Chrissy, no word on the onc appt yet.  They keep failing to call me back.  I'm starting to feel wierd like I'm on some kind of black list.  But that wouldn't make sense.  We all got along great before I did hospice.  Hurt feelings?  Who knows?

Better get some rest.  I'll start calling my onc again on Monday and see where I get. I hope everyone is having a low SE and low pain day today.  I love you all!

Teri

• JillThut
    JillThut Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2014

Right back at ya, Teri!  Glad to see you checking in.  Hope you get some relief Monday...hopefully sooner!!!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited January 2014

Romansma, such a nice picture... beautiful dog, and festive house!

Teri, I hope you find relief with the breathing. I'd keep pestering those folks at the oncologist's office! I don't think you're on a blacklist, cause I have the same problem getting call backs unless it's an emergency. Wait. Maybe we're both blacklisted! Grrr... Keep trying.

xo

Rose.