Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited December 2013

My sister sent me this amazing picture today and I thought you might like to see it. I was both astonished and delighted. I believe it is from her daughter's horse trainer.

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited December 2013

Morning Teri, well it is here in New Zealand.

Hope you are feeling well today.

Hortense, love the photo. Just what lots of little girls want to find this christmas.

A real live pony under the christmas tree.

Here in NZ christmas comes in the first month of summer so no snow and cold here. Funny though cos so many of us are descendents of english immigrants we still have christmas cards and decorations that have snow all around and fires burning. Also traditional winter meals of vegies and hot meats. Yet we are really having bbqs and playing on the beach. It is our long school holidays and most people take their long summer breaks now. So lots of people are camping and caravaning and going ot their holiday houses. Weather can be fickle though and sometimes it does get cold and rainy for christmas. Then back to the sun. We are no where near as hot as chrissy in Australia but we have our fingers crossed for a nice day and we might go down to the beach for a picnic christmas lunch. So different all the christmas celebrations around the world.

Really enjoy your thread Teri and hope you enjoy reading so many different stories. It is like people sitting around chatting and having a nice coffee or tea or coffee, hmm maybe even a wine.

Merry Christmas 

Moira

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited December 2013

Hi Teri!  Hope you are pain free today.  I finished all my wrapping and card writing earlier today.  Well, I just remembered one more present that I need that I will pick up tomorrow.  I still have a few more nights of delivering secret santa gifts, but for the most part, I'm ready.  Ready to relax and enjoy!  My youngest is having a sleepover tonight so his buddies will be her soon.  Tomorrow afternoon my husband and I will head out to the Ojai Valley inn for a night.  Looking forward to some quiet time away from the needs of the kids and dogs.  Did I mention we have 4 dogs?  Our friends all think we are crazy with 5 kids and 4 dogs.  Truthfully, they are probably right.  Have a nice evening, Teri!

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited December 2013

so interesting to hear about Christmas in nz! The weather here in western nc has been all over the place. Here is what I did after cleaning my house before the cleaning ladies got there! (Anybody else do that?) it was a nice 50+ degrees that day! His name is Dakota.

Teri--hope you are having a pain free day! Good to hear an update from you the other day. Don't worry about posting. Thinking of you many times a day!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited December 2013

Afternoon Teri!!!   Phew! I finally got to sit a while......lol......I've been cleaning and cooking, trying to get organized before the whole family descend on me!   I love having them all here but I do have a habit of leaving everything till the last minute.  Anyway, Christmas cake is done,  plum pudding ice cream ( from scratch) done and in the freezer, grocery shopping done, menu plan for Christmas Dinner....done........cleaning and bed organizing.....well I'm still working on that one but I'm sure all will be done before they arrive.  I will do a little more cleaning a little later once I've had a rest and a cup of tea.

The weather here has been so hot!  I really do hate the hot weather but it looks like Christmas Day is going to be a little cooler, high 90's F is forecast so keeping my fingers crossed.

Teri don't worry about posting, we know you read so that is enough.......mind you we won't mind if you do post but only when you feel up to it.  I think your Sis is great for popping in to decorate your house........at least it gives you the feeling of Christmas even though you can't get out.

Our little town had it's Christmas parade on Friday night and loads of kids decorate their bikes and join the parade..........in a town of just 1500 it is the highlight of the year and we always have a sausage sizzle (BBQ) and entertainment after the parade......the whole town attends and it becomes one big party.

And of course, what is Christmas without the man himself.....lol.

Hope your day is a good one with as little pain as possible.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited December 2013

love the pics Chrissy! Your house sounds like mine right about now - I have family arriving tomorrow and I've left things til the last minute too!  Except the cake and pudding; I made them back in October so they should be nicely matured.  Still have to ice the cake though. Hopefully I'll get that done today. 

It's raining here. Hate the rain, especially this time of the year. Even though it's rare here I'd love some snow! One of my BIL's whose coming is blind (well, 5% sight in one   eye) and has glasses, so he finds the rain difficult. He has a guide dog at home, but when he visits the dog gets to go on holidays! My kids are good at helping him around though, so his stay is usually great fun. Hope today is a good one Teri. 

Nicky

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited December 2013

Thinking about you today Teri.  I hope the sights, sounds and smells of Christmas are uplifting and you are able to enjoy them all.  How I wish we could all magically join you on Christmas Eve to laugh and dream and search for Deuce.  Perhaps I can dream tonight of doing just this.  Merry Christmas Teri.  I hope you have a energetic and pain-free day.

Amy

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2013

What a lovely idea Amy, we can all dream together an keep Terri company.

Great photographs I must teach  myself how to upload photo's one of my New year resolutions.

Goodnight Terri

Ps Vicky only two days left before you can cut the cake I can almost  smell the whiskey from here.

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited December 2013

Teri,

Been away for a while...just wanted you to know that I have been thinking of you and will continue to do so throughout the holidays....

Good tidings of comfort and joy!

• shazzakelly
    shazzakelly Member Posts: 620
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas from New Zealand. I hope the holidays are pain free and full of love. I'm sending warmth and a Pohutukawa ( New Zealand's native Christmas tree) and much love across the miles. 

• Hortense
    edited December 2013

KJones - Love your sweet horse! We had horses for 30 years and I do miss them. We kept them all of their lives. As they got older we gave them geriatric care - 19 ground up pills for one ailment, 20 for another - every morning and sometimes night. They were surprisingly like people in their old age. My husband used to call them our animated statuary when they were in the pasture in front of our house. I've thought about getting others, but I'm not up for all of the work anymore. Dakota is adorable.

• chrissyb
    edited December 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS TERI!!!!!    AND EVERYONE ELSE AS WELL!!!!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited December 2013

Yaaaay - Santa is coming! Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.

Teri - my wish for you is that you feel the love that you are surrounded by today and every day, a painfree, stress free day to enjoy with family and friends.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited December 2013

To all here and especially Teri - wishing you all a Peaceful, Painfree Christmas.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited December 2013

Teri, I wish you a joyful Christmas.

Leah

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited December 2013

Teri,

The family that are joining us for Christmas have just arrived from Ireland. My kids are so excited!  We're on our way to midnight mass. I'll be lighting a candle for all of us; that Christmas may be a time of joy, peaceful and pain free for us all. Merry Christmas everyone!

Nicky

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas Teri and a pain free one at that. I wish all of us that pain free blessing. May the New Year bring peace and contentment. Thanks for all the wonderful sharing on this thread. I feel like we lift each other up sustaining each other on the ride. Teri you started it and gave us all a gift. Hope you can feel the hugs and love sent your way!

PAX to all. Hugs!!! Cindi

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited December 2013

Well, it's Christmas morning and it's raining. Yesterday it rained all day and in the evening we had a thunder storm. So I'm thinking there will not be many bbqs and picnics on the beach today. So much for summer right now. How many little ones with new bikes will be begging to go ride them in the rain. 

Still my family is here and nothing else is that important. 

Having you all have a great christmas. Hope it is pain free Teri and full of love.

Moira

• shazzakelly
    shazzakelly Member Posts: 620
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas all. My daughter and I have just got home from tending to cattery cats at work. We are just waiting for the boys to wake and then the mayhem can begin. Smile

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited December 2013

Teri, I read this thread every day.  I hope this Christmas season will give you moments of joy.  Or even just one moment.  Sending gentle hugs. 

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited December 2013

Teri,

A peaceful and pain free day.

Nel

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited December 2013

It's Christmas eve in CA, and I just wanted to wish Teri a warm and wonderful Christmas. And Happy Holidays to all of the lovely, caring women on this thread. And Deuce and Forrest too! Love y'all...

Rose.

• ibcmets
    ibcmets Member Posts: 312
    edited December 2013

Teri,

Thank you for posting this thread.  We all enjoy the wonderful pictures and hope you do too.  Praying you have a blessed healing Christmas & New Year.

Terri

• Hortense
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas Teri! I've been thinking about you. Hope you are resting comfortably. 

It's 26º here, not far from the Atlantic, with a glorious red sunset. All week long we could hear the ocean roaring. It's been wild lately. Wild and beautiful. 

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited December 2013

Thinking of you on Christmas, Terri.  I am hoping you are feeling okay, with no pain and that you are able to rest well.  

I wasn't going to mention this, but last night  when I was just about asleep,  I heard a clattering on my roof and when I looked out the window, I swear I saw a GOAT leading a full sleigh of reindeer with a fat guy in it!!!   I know it sounds utterly perposterous...but  ???

• Australia
    Australia Member Posts: 128
    edited December 2013

Merry christmas Terri i hope it was lovely for you. My son and I went to my Nieces Christmas Eve and we had a lovely evening with family and friends on a very humid night in her garden by the river with the children swimming in the pool, just lovely. Then Christmas Day we had a rest till afternoon as my lungs have been giving me grief since last chemo and met up in Surfers Paradise for drinks and BBQ by the river there, again peaceful and happy occasion. The plan is to go to some sales today lol, it's 10am and I'm still in bed, but who cares, I have no one to answer to and do as I please these days. Sending you love and peace. Love Gail

• chrissyb
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas Teri!!  My family all arrived last night so we are having our Christmas feast today........we are at the moment relaxing after a large breakfast.......lol.  The ham is ready to put in the oven and I will do that in about an hour so we will eat about 1.30pm.  All other food is done and ready to put on the table.....yay!.....I managed to be reasonably organized after all.....

Hope you enjoy you Christmas and are as pain free as possible.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited December 2013

Teri,

I hope you have had a pleasant, peaceful and pain-free day.  I've been busy with family, meals and lots of Christmas hoopla until just  now, but I've been thinking about you and all of the sisters here on BCO today.  You have been, and continue to be such an inspiration to all of us here.  This is my first Christmas following my stage iv diagnosis, and  would be in a much worse place if I hadn't had the support and guidance of everyone here.  Quality of life is not only the result of what the medical professionals can do for us-- the people we spend time with, either in person or online, make all the difference.

I've been on the look out for Deuce, as I'd noticed that something has been nibbling on my fig bushes.  Caught some rascally rabbits in the act, so I'll be off to Home Depot tomorrow to buy some fencing material.  

Sending wishes for Christmas joy!  (((Hugs))) to you!

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited December 2013

I had a wonderful Christmas. I hope everyone else did too.  I got new pajamas, slippers, and a robe. It's funny what you get when you're a "sick person" huh? But just hanging out with my granddaughter made my day.  She's 5 now and that's such an obnoxious age but being the grandma, I don't have to deal with it.  I can just laugh.

I'll write more later.  I'm really having trouble typing today.

Teri

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2013

Hii Terri 

So glad you had a great  time with your granddaughter. I have just returned home after a three day visit to my daughter. Like you I have  grandchildren my youngest his a boy of seven who is just about to grow up but fortunately he was still into the magic of Christmas this year. We had a lovely time please don't get tired although it is great to here your voice. I feel that by fol lowing this thread have it got to know you so well.

I hope everyone had. Lovely. Holiday

Mara x