Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited January 2014

Afternoon Teri!!  I do so hope you have gotten some relief with your breathing, even just a little bit would help immensely.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• sunny210
    sunny210 Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2014

61 for me Bon. So definitely an old goat, Now if I can just avoid the chin whiskers.

Sweet dreams and happy breathing Teri.

Sandy

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited January 2014

good morning Teri, from still wet Bordeaux!

I hope you're getting some relief and it's helping your breathing. Nearly time for your appointment, so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that they come up with something to help. 

Carpediem, don't worry about the wine just yet!! It's only if the summer's very wet that there's major problems with the wine. The soil here is very sandy, so the vines don't get water logged. I'll think of you this evening - we can raise a glass to Teri together!

Nicky

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited January 2014

Cracking up here.  I really hate those chin whiskers!  Isn't it cruel how they don't start showing up till your eye site starts getting bad?  I never see the little buggers till I'm in the car heading out and have nothing to take care of it with! Hope you are comfortable and breathing easy this morning, Teri.  It's going to be another summer day here in SoCal!

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited January 2014

Nicky, I wish they had a thumbs up/like button out here! Raising a toast to Teri from over here in the big sandbox :-)

• superfoob
    superfoob Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2014

Happy Belated Birthday, Teri!

• NickyJ
    edited January 2014

Morning Teri!

Well, it's still raining here, but today it doesn't matter so much, because I'm off to a competition with my DS, and it's indoors 250kms away, so I'll either be in the minibus or in the sports hall!

I hope your appointment went well and you've found some relief. I'll be back later to see if there's any news. 

Nicky

• NickyJ
    edited January 2014

Carpediem, any time you want to raise a glass to Teri, give me a shout. Always willing to help out 😉!

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2014

Hope the B Day was really good, Teri.  I am wishing you nice even breathing and much happiness.   Thinking of you every day. 

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited January 2014

I think all of us are thinking of you each day, even if we don't post. I hope that gives you some comfort and even some joy. I also hope your doctor's appointment goes well and that you are able to get some relief for your breathing problems. 

Have you been surprised by the world wide response you have been getting to this thread? I think it has been extraordinary, and delightful. When I see the US Open Tennis on TV I keep thinking about the women on here posting about how hot it is in Australia right now. The other day the players looked about to collapse as they played in the 106º heat, and I understand it got much hotter later on. Seems to me the matches ought to be rescheduled for the cool of the evening when daytime temps rise that high. I know that horse shows and polo matches are supposed to be cancelled when it gets impossibly hot as it is considered to be cruel for the animals to be made to exert themselves in the extreme heat. I would have thought that would be true for people also, but apparently that is not the case. 

Here's how a little frog decided to spend its time a few years ago. It was in my cat's small water bowl which was about 4" across, so by the arc of the bowl, you can see that the tiny creature was about 3/4 of an inch long: 

I'll bet the poor tennis players wish they could have hung out in a pool, like this frog, instead of having to play in the scorching sun.

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri!  Sorry I haven't popped in for a couple of days but I've been watching way too much tennis and neglecting everything else.

Hortense, there is a hot weather policy with the tennis and games were suspended until later at night but the thing is, the temp doesn't change much be it day or night when it is that hot..........the only difference is no sun.

Teri, hoping you are feeling okay and getting some good rest in without too many difficulties.  Your docs appointment is drawing every closer.  Take care.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• Romansma
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri!  Thinking of you.  I am Watching the Seatle/SanFrancisco football game.  Not a huge fan, but Wanting the 49ers to play in the Super Bowl on my 49th birthday!  Hope you are warm and cozy doing something you enjoy!

• Travelingpants2
    Travelingpants2 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2014

(((((  sending some serious cyber hugs to you ))))  xxoo, love love and light to you sweet girl.

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited January 2014

((((Hugs))) from Georgia- good night, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite! Wishing you a night of pain-free rest and sweet dreams!

• algranna
    algranna Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2014

HUGS!!! From Blountsville, Alabama. Praying for you Teri. I hope you have a pain free week.

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Major ((((((((hugs)))))))) from SA Australia Teri!!!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited January 2014

(((hugs))) and prayers from Switzerland!

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2014

Well I found out yesterday that I've lost my passport and so have no identification.  I wonder if Deuce stole it to get across the border? Now I have to order a certified copy of my birth certificate and go through all that crud.  Oh, how fun.  (Deuce, I'm gonna kick your little goat butt when I catch you!)

So ladies, my pleurisy has mostly cleared up.  It's only been about 2 weeks so I guess I'm pretty lucky. Now I only feel the pain if I forget and take a big breath.

LOVE the dog and the goat picture! It is awesome!

I have 2 giant chin whiskers!  I never think about them until I'm heading out somewhere and unable to pull them either. What's up with that? It's a good thing I rarely go out. Although I have to go out tomorrow for my dr appt. to see if I'm going to go back into treatment or not.  I'm really nervous about that. Wish me luck.

My, my, you guys always keep me laughing with your posts!  Remember, if everyone can please start looking for a goat travelling on a pasty white lady's passport, maybe we can narrow it down and bring him on home, huh?

Teri

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited January 2014

Apparently all of us of a certain age have a few witchy chin whiskers that show up only when we're in a car in sunlight and checking our lovely visages in the sun visor mirror. We should put tweezers in our glove compartments right now while we're thinking of it.

Caution: Never tweeze and drive!

Tina

P.S. Teri, good luck with your appointment.

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2014

sheesh!!!  Missed your birthday Teri!!?  HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Ontario, Canada!!  We are swinging into another cold front over here.

I promise NEXT YEAR I will remember 🎉😜😇. Xoxoxo

Yes, we should splurge and buy an extra pair of tweezers for the car...

Always thinking of you Teri, hugs, Jo 

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    edited January 2014

Happy Belated Birthday from NY too!  We are supposed to get a snow storm tomorrow, 6-10inches.  I love it but 4 inches seems like enough to make everything look beautiful!

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri, glad the breathing is getting better.  Happy belated birthday to you from Boston.

Pam

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited January 2014

Teri, so glad to hear you are breathing a little easier! Wishing you all the very best with your appointment tomorrow! 

My youngest sister has been with me over the weekend to help me with some chores, and she is an amazing helper! I have so much trouble getting time and energy to do any of my art projects because I pull stuff out, play with it, then have to put it all back away before I can do any other project, SO she helped me collect all the materials and do-dads needed for various types of projects into some gardening bags, so now I just have to pull out the BAG and can play, then stuff everything back into that bag rather than trying to remember where to put the pencils, tape, glue, scissors, paint, .... I have a bag for art journalling, one for colored pencils, one for pastels, one for watercolors. I also have acrylics and oils but am not working in those much right now, so didn't make bags for them (yet!).

May each of you rest well and find peaceful moments full of love.

• Romansma
    edited January 2014

Thinking about you Teri!  Hoping your appointment went well.

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Afternoon Teri!!!!  Just checking in to see if you got any good news at your appointment today........keeping my fingers crossed that it is so.

Still recovering from from my trip to the city......gee it knocks me out these days!...at least I can relax and watch the tennis.......lol.

Hoping you are feeling a tad better.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy 

• sunny210
    sunny210 Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri, 

I hope you were able to get a lot of relevant info from your doc today.

I hope Duece is avoiding my little town on the western slope of CO. (Moved temporarily from Boulder). It is supposed to be -11 tonight.

Sandy

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2014

hello terri

I don't check in often but you are always on my mind ,I hope things went well at your dr appt. .I came across this picture and thought of deuce and thinking he out there somewhere leaving his mark

cute little thing ...love chris
  • Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri, I think all of us are wondering if your visit to the doctor was fruitful. You are probably exhausted, so don't feel you have to post anything unless you feel up to it. 

If you didn't get answers, or ones you liked to rely were useful, I sincerely hope that you will reach out to another oncologist for a second opinion. Perhaps your family could make the appointment to save you some energy, and take you there.

I also hope that you are feeling comfortable today.

The local news is telling me that we got 10" or so of snow yesterday and last night, but it looks more like 6" to me. The blowing wind probably drifted the rest away. I went outside to scatter more bird food around under my feeders as the little guys must be hungry. So far I have not seen any large animal prints out back that might be a goat's, though I would love to! I can see from an upstairs window that something went by in the hedgerow, but can't tell if it's fox tracks in a drift, or if they were made by a deer.

Chris - that little baby goat is adorable! I had no idea that they were so cute.

• ibcmets
    ibcmets Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri,

Happy belated birthday from Terri in Dublin CA.  Glad your lungs are clearing up.

Hugs,

Terri

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited January 2014

Oh gosh, I saw the most amazing goats at the livestock market here in Qatar, Teri - they are called Najdi goats and they are....well...not sure the right word!! Majestic? Royal? Humorous? Fantastic? We couldn't take pictures but I found a good one on the web from the same market! Enjoy!