Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited January 2014

Hey Teri,

Hoping you had a great day today. 

Janet

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited January 2014

Sorry to see our sunny days go and the clouds and cold return, but we need the rain. I see the plants are thirsty, river levels are low and the wild animals need drinks too. I hope we get a soaker tomorrow. After watching the news with the extreme cold and snow levels, I don't regret living in Oregon!! 

I'll spend much of tomorrow getting packed packed cells. I feel so much better afterwards. Perhaps your H&H is low contributing to your being short of breath? Could they tank you up and make it easier to breathe? Just getting blood isn't curative so I would think hospice would allow it. I also hope your new oncologist answers your concerns and eases your mind. Have a good day tomorrow. Stay warm and dry.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited January 2014

Hiya Teri!  The end of the month is fast approaching and I'm wondering where it has gone........it doesn't seem that long ago that we were all trying to prepare for Christmas.  

I have decided to go visit my brother for his birthday which is four weeks away and I'm going to drive.  I will take my eldest brothers widow along as well as it is a long drive (1100 kilometres ) and I do so enjoy her company.

My DD who married in September took delivery of her new fur baby a couple of days ago and they are in love!  Her name is Raven and she is a pitch black long haired Alsatian.........at eight weeks old she is already way bigger than my Tinkerbell and will end up between 25-30 kgs when fully grown......a very big girl and that's for sure! 

She's catching a few ZZZZZZ's after keeping her new mum and dad awake most of the night.  I can't wait to go down to the city so I can meet her!

Hoping you are as comfortable as possible as well as being as pain free as possible.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2014

just wanted to say hi and that I'm thinking of you!

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited January 2014

((((((Terri))))))

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2014

Teri thinking of you.  Hope your ok.

Donna

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited January 2014

Teri, stopping by to say hello, am thinking of you, hoping you are comfortable.  Gentle hugs.

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Hi ya Teri!  Well the heat has returned and my air con is again running non stop........seem a like we are in for another week of high temps.    Never mind, sitting in air con comfort allows me to crochet away and make the snowflake blanket I am working grow.

Hoping you are comfortable.

Love n hugs.     Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited January 2014

Good morning, Teri!  Have you heard?  A Mr. Goodbar a day keeps the doctor away!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited January 2014

Thinking of you, Teri, and hoping you're getting lots of good rest for your appointment on the 3rd! Ice cream and cookies help cancer too;)

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited January 2014

good morning Teri,

More rain here, feel like we're going to get washed away! 

I hope you're comfortable and that today will be a good day. Here's hoping the appointment on the 3rd comes quickly and brings good news!

Nicky

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Afternoon Teri!!!  Hope you are feeling well and warm.......roll on February!!  Not long to wait now before you get to see the new Onc.  Still got my fingrs and everything else crossed that you get some really good news from him!

Dh is a darling, he told me this morning that he was taking me out to dinner at the local Italian Restaurant!   Love that place as they have the best food ever!   This will be our last chance until the end of Feb as they close for the month for their annual holidays.   There will be a lot of people going into withdrawal while they are away as it is very popular!

Hoping you are as free of pain as possible.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy 

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri,  so appalled by your onc's behavior.  Hope the new one is someone you can count on.  I am wishing you the best. 

Did you see the weird, huge goat. Pic from Qatar?  Man, you couldn't be telling him  "No ".  He was enormous!   Do you think he could be Deuce in disguise?  Deuce in Mufti....hmmmmm.  

Chrissy: I so love Russel Crow!   You are so lucky to have him filming in your town!  Wow!  I will definitely see the movie when it comes out.  He is such a great actor.  Now, that's a real man!  

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2014

Good morning Teri and I just checking in on you.  I too am happy that January is out of here.  Chrissy how was dinner?

Donna

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Been back from dinner for about half an hour........just needed to digest a little before picking up the computer.   Dinner was sooooo yummmm!!!!!   We started with anti pasto of cold meats, char grilled zuccinni, boconccini cheese with fresh tomato, bazil and olive oil, semi dried tomato and bite sized pickled onions and traditional garlic bread.  This was followed by pizza, gelati and coffee........may I say I'm stuffed?......lol.......delicious!!

Teri, hope your night was comfortable.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited January 2014

Good morning, Teri. I went to an opera last night - only the 3rd opera I have ever been to. It was "Barber of Seville", sung in Italian, and the music was wonderful, the singers really "hammed it up" with exaggerated body language and facial expressions, sort of slap-stick humor and puns throughout. I had some really good laughs, which I am pretty sure I needed, and was sending those positive moments your direction. I hope you get a few good laughs in today, hope you rest easy.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited January 2014

Good Morning Teri, 

Just stopping by to say hi.  I hope you are comfortable and pain-free.  Keeping you in my prayers next week.

Amy

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited January 2014

Hi Teri! Hope you're getting rain up in Oregon, and you'll send some down here! We're dry as a bone in CA.

I missed the Russell Crowe news... Judie and I share similar taste in men:) It's always the bad boys!

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited January 2014

Teri, thinking of you and hoping the next MD appt goes much better than the last  (boo hiss to that doc).

Pam

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited January 2014

Teri,

Warm and gentle thoughts.  Fingers, toes etc all crossed for next appt.

Nel

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2014

Thanks for all the positive thoughts about my upcoming onc appt but it doesn't matter.  Hospice kicked me out anyway!  They said it doesn't matter what my decision would be; their decision is that I'm stable.  Now, I can count on one foot the number of things that have gotten worse since I've been on hospice but I'm too tired to appeal their decision. 

If my new onc on the 3rd says she knows of a good treatment, I guess I'll still make the same decision -- either take the treatment or not.  And if I don't, I'll just sit around the house and NOT be on hospice as opposed to sitting around the house ON hospice, right?

I just love the fact that they basically said I'm not dying fast enough. It's been 6 months and I'm still here. I can handle that badge: Not dying fast enough.

I really wish Deuce would poke his little head in here to cheer things up a bit.  Anyone had any sitings of him recenly?

Teri

• chrissyb
    edited January 2014

Teri, I can't believe that hospice can kick you out for not dying fast enough!.......tell me you're kidding please?  That is just so wrong on so many levels that I'm totally lost for words and that is so not like me.......I'm shocked !!!!

What do you have to do to get them back?  Can you get them back?  Can your doc do something for you regarding them?  OMG! This is just wrong!!

Sending you gentle ((((((((hugs))))))))) and warm thoughts of support and I wish I were closer to lend more of a hand.

Stay strong dear friend and hopefully your new doc will have some good news for you.

Love n hugs.     Chrissy

• GoldenGirls
    GoldenGirls Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2014

I guess this is how Deuce manages to get around so quickly -- he makes friends and hitches all kinds of rides!

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited January 2014

Awesome picture!

• JillThut
    JillThut Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2014

I'll take that as good news, Teri.  Don't die fast enough.  Keep 'em all guessing!

Love Deuce's new mode of transportation.  No wonder he's been able to elude us all!

• JimmieBell
    JimmieBell Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2014

Teri, I'm glad you failed hospice. keep up the good work. Hopeful new onc will help you be more comfortable, and hospice will let you back in if needed.

Yesterday I took my big german shepherd Dodger for a nice long sunset walk in our woods. We went to check on a big oak that has a bee hive in it. They were buzzing in and out thier small hole in the hollow tree happily on that warm day. But just below is a slightly larger hole with the back half of a racoon sticking out! He was having a Pooh moment!! Lucky duck!

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2014

well Teri, flunking from hospice seems better than *passing* 😆 I hope you keep flunking for a long time!!!  Xoxox Jo 

• shazzakelly
    shazzakelly Member Posts: 620
    edited January 2014

I'm glad you can't die fast enough for hospice Terri, hope your new Onc is full of good ideas for moving forward. These are my two new foster kittens after a big morning playing and getting food everywhere. 

• NYCchutzpah
    NYCchutzpah Member Posts: 148
    edited January 2014

Congratulations on failing hospice.  I think I saw Deuce on Bdwy and 39 st this morning looking at the Super Bowl stuff

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2014

Morning Terri,

How rude is that? Being kicked out cos you're not dying fast enough. Do they have a time limit on these things?

Stable is good and hopefully your appt will bring more good news. 

Canadagirl might be right. Deuce could sure move around riding pillion.

moira