Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2014 Surgery Sisters

Options

Comments

• mmtagirl
    mmtagirl Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2017
    Options

no sores on the tongue, Mary.

I did acupuncture a few years ago for my herniated cervical disc. Loved it. I left feeling so relaxed and peaceful. Better than a massage.

Virginia is just being difficult. She needs to take a rest! Glad you are being checked out.

Xoxo

• bc101
    bc101 Member Posts: 923
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks, Ann. Virginia rests too much. That's the problem, lol! As long as we're talking body parts, how did your nips heal up? I'm thinking about doing nips in addition to tattoos....I think. Did you get tats yet?

Ann and Diane - do you like your nips and tats and do you have any regrets?

• mmtagirl
    edited December 2017
    Options

I did have the nips and tats. They were done together. My nips are pretty much flattened. My doctor did them both at the same time. I could probably use a little fine tuning on the tats but I most likely will do nothing. It did help me to be "finished". The rad side feels very tight...not too dissimilar to the TE. Non bc side feels so much softer. As long as the infection stays away I am all done

• bc101
    edited March 2016
    Options

When you say they are flattened...is that a good thing or a bad thing? Did it not work if they are flat?

• Mommyathome
    Mommyathome Member Posts: 876
    edited March 2016
    Options

just wanted to say good night ladies and thanks for your support these last two years!! It's been a crazy journey and I appreciate your kind words, motivating post and your friendship. January sisters forever!

• pinktiara
    pinktiara Member Posts: 716
    edited March 2016
    Options

image unselectable="on">

After all my lamentations about turning the BIG 60, it is actually pretty AWESOME.

Loopy

Instead of cursing the wrinkles, I am celebrating them...I earned them after all.

Happy

I might weigh more but there is more to hug

Medicating

I've received a ton of emails, texts and phone calls wishing me a happy B'day......

SillyHeart

AND Nate is bringing me a super duper hamburger from my favorite place tonight.....yum!

I am so grateful for everyone who I have had the pleasure to know in my life...especially you ladies.

WOW! can't wait to see what's next.

love you

Eve

celebrating 60 years of St. Patty's Day birthdays. how cool is that?

hopefully not being to dramatic.....but I feel as if today is the Dawn of my life not the sunset.......rock on!

• Mommyathome
    edited March 2016
    Options

happy birthday eve!! I hope you're wearing a blinged out green tiara and enjoying yourself!!! Yes my friend.... Rock on!

• bc101
    edited March 2016
    Options

HApPy BIrthDay eVe!

So glad you are celebrating and not lamenting!

I'm right behind you, sista, keep going!!

HUGS!

• Dtkd
    Dtkd Member Posts: 422
    edited March 2016
    Options

Okay, so Happy birthday again Eve,although it is kate enough that it was yesterday. I turned off my notifications after I posted last week somehow and just knew something was wrong when I didn't see birthday wishes. I'm clearly doing something wrong, since this keeps happening. Eve, I used to use only Decleor products for nearly 20 years, but can't afford it, so just get the lancolm products and only buy when they have free gifts, so I usually get the moisturizer free. 💜 Please just text me if I don't answer a question for days. Love you all.

• mmtagirl
    edited December 2017
    Options

happy belated birthday, Eve! Keep on celebrating!

Mary, all the doctors will tell you that the nips will flatten over time. I was surprised at how flat they are. I am not sure I could tell the difference on tats only or not. The flatness doesn't bother me at all. It's not like they are being used for anything anymore😕 It is nice to not worry about headlights, though. Personal preference on what you choose, I guess. Just have realistic expectations.

• pinktiara
    edited March 2016
    Options

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and has a little spring..

Thanks for the B'day wishes.

love you all

Eve

• mmtagirl
    edited December 2017
    Options

Ha ha, Eve! It's snowing right now in Michigan. Bring spring my way! Happy Easter🐰🐣

• bc101
    edited March 2016
    Options

We missed that last big snowstorm that swept through the Midwest, thank goodness, but spring is still a long ways off!! Thanks for sharing that beaYOUtifull shrub, Eve! It's just lover-ly! Here is a pic from my recent outing to the Conservatory.

Happy Easter everyone!

• pinktiara
    edited March 2016
    Options

Oh my Ann, having lived in Iowa for many years I get the late freeze/snowstorm. Fresh from Florida we moved into our house in December. I thought in April I could go ahead and plant my flower garden and vegetable garden. ha ha ha...my neighbors were laughing at me??? It al froze and was under a few inches of snow...sigh. The neat thing was when spring finally came...I had daffodils and hollyhocks, tulips and bluebells and peonies and lupines...such a lovely surprise. AND the soil in Iowa is incredible...have to buy it here in Fl.

So today it's getting up to 91 degrees.......yuk. Big thunderstorms this afternoon. They can get scary. But nothing like the tornadoes in Iowa. I guess you take the good with the bad....and bloom where you are planted.

Mary, are those crocus? very pretty. From the pics that you posted a while back you have a really pretty yard. Do you garden? The shrub in the pic is an Azalea. The first to bloom here.

To both of you, how are your moms doing?

A blessed and peaceful Easter to everyone.

love

Eve

• bc101
    edited March 2016
    Options

Eve - those are actually tulips! I went to the Spring Flower Show - annual tradition or at least it used to be for us. I used to have quite a garden, but the past 4 years or so it's gone downhill. My once beautiful perennial garden is almost all weeds - especially after last year. when we were at Hope Lodge all summer. Even the grass went unmowed :/. I need to dig up the plot and sow some grass seed. At the cabin I do a little here and there. I can't resist doing at least some annuals.

Today it snowed, but just a little bit. Tomorrow we pack up and head on the road to the cancer clinic. Between the two of us we have 2 days of all day appts. It's going to be a marathon, but I'm hoping to get some answers. My brain MRI is bright and early on Monday morning. I'm not worried... I"m sure it'll be negative. It's all the rest of the stuff I'm worried about.

Mom's going downhill. It's really hard for me to even see her anymore. I hadn't been for the longest time and finally went yesterday. I brought her some flowers and a card, which she really appreciated. She always seems to be sooooooo tired. It's like living takes everything out of her. I wonder if it's a symptom of late stage. She is getting very weak and it's hard for her to get up out of her chair. I hope she doesn't fall, but that seems like it is the usual occurrence....

Love you all,

M

• Dtkd
    edited March 2016
    Options

Happy Easter Ladies! Love all the beautiful flowers! Living in a condo...this is the best we can do. :) I hope you are all having a lovely day!

• Dtkd
    edited March 2016
    Options

Mary: I'm so sorry that your mom is declining. It has to be so hard. Many warm hugs to you.

Love,

Diane.

• bc101
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks Diane.

Just wanted to report that my scan was negative - I'm normal, apparently - whoohooo!!!!!!!

BUT....if there was such a thing as a stress-o-meter, I'd be off the charts. It appears there is a delayed response...as we all know from experience. Nothing new here, but you'd think I'd know by now. Duh. Regardless, they've lined up more tests to "rule out other things," including Fibromyalgia (sigh) and some other things to numerous to mention. I'm not sure this is such a good idea to pursue. More anticipation....more stress, etc. Ewww - as Jimmy Fallon would say.

DH's appts went well. He is still cancer free! So awesome to hear!! Things should continue to improve with eating, although very slooooooooooowwwwwly. Could be up to 2 years. Really? I am SO not a patient patient!

Diane, did you have your scan yet?

~M

• Dtkd
    edited March 2016
    Options

Mary that is excellent news! It is not at all surprising that you are feeling the stress of these past 2 years, not only from your own battle, but John's too. Hang in there. I have to believe that it will get better for all of us with time.

I am very certain that what looked like a lump was fat necrosis. It seems to have gone away, so I'm not worried. If something changes, I'll go see my BS right away. I will see her in September in any event for my annual exam.

Meanwhile, I'm still working on getting my life back. I had a setback with my knee, having tripped over a bag and landing on it. I didn't do any major damage, but haven't been able to exercise for nearly 3 weeks. Grrr. I'm not patient, but have no choice. 😊

Wishing for everyone to have more and more sunshine, both literally and figuratively in the days to come.

Love and hugs,

D

• pinktiara
    edited April 2016
    Options

Sorry Mary and Diane...

For some reason I didn't see any new posts on my cell....I check my email there every morning...

Great news mary...glad John is doing great and your brain is "normal" whoo hoo indeed.

Yes, the stress factor is still there with me also...PTSD...stinks but just something else that requires "mind over crap" Those are tulips..of course..I should have recognized the pattern in the center...so pretty.

Sorry about your knee, Diane. Seems as if there are forces at work telling us to slow down. I don't want to slow down but maybe I need to rethink some things and re-focus on what is important...IDK... love the pic of your flowers...I am a big fan of contrast in planting flowers...and violas and pansies are my favorites..

I just started some basil and rosemary seeds...yum.

y'all take care

love

Eve

ps Mary..prayers for your Mom. It is difficult, I know, peace to her...

and you

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

hi ladies. I think I mentioned the lump in my armpit. I showed it to my sister who is a nurse, and she thinks it might be a swollen lymph node! Ok so now I'm on edge again. I go for my yearly physical with my primary doctor on Friday. I plan to show her and see what I should do. I am hoping for the best...

Have any of you had a lump in armpit? It doesn't move, it's kind of oval shape and in crease under arm where arm pit and arm meet if you can picture that...

Bev

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

Beverly, I haven't had a lump in my armpit, but I had a swollen lymph node on the back of my neck and also in my va j j. In both instances they disappeared. None of my docs got excited. Sometimes there is an infection and lymph nodes swell as a result. With us bc survivors, though, I would think a swollen lymph node in the armpit is cause for concern, if that is what it is. They will probably suggest an ultrasound. If not, I would insist on it. But try not to worry too much. I know....easier said than done, right?

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thanks Mary.the other "new" thing is it feels like someone's pinching my nipple.... However I don't have nipples anymore. Just a weird uncomfortable sensation. Not sure if the two are connected or not.

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

Could be phantom pain. Around the 2 year mark, I'm told our nerves start to "wake up" and start regenerating. I've actually had the feeling of both breasts and nipples aching....like they did around the time of my period years ago. I've been post menopausal for over 10 years!! Also, lots of pinching and painful twinges in the left breast. That's why I had an MRI several months ago - I was having so much pain in the area where my tumor was and it felt like my breast did when I was first diagnosed, so my NP ordered an MRI. Everything was fine. Now I don't worry so much when I got those twinges. But it never hurts to mention these things to your MO, so that they can either reassure you, or check it out if they feel that is necessary.

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

I don't have an MO. Well, I went to one once because my bs said I didn't need tamoxifen and I wanted a second opinion so I went to one.

Do most people diagnosed with DCIS and Lcis see an no regularly

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

Oh, of course. Sorry...I forget. If you are not on AI's then you wouldn't see one. Anyone on chemo, hormonal therapy, biological or targeted therapy would be followed by an MO, but please don't quote me on that.

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

ok Mary. Thank you for being there!

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

You bet! And I actually don't see an MO either - only once before my surgery. I see an RN who works under the direction of the MO. She's awesome! She always listens to me and never makes me feel like the paranoid patient that I am! SillyHeart

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

my bs called me paranoid that's why sometimes I'm reluctant to call

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'd fire him / her, but that's just me.