Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2014 Surgery Sisters

Options

Comments

• Mommyathome
    Mommyathome Member Posts: 876
    edited April 2016
    Options

so.... Last night I'm laying on my side in bed watching tv. I rub my breast, as I find I do a lot now, and feel this point!! I'm like wth is that? I ask my husband to come over and feel it. My husband, who is usually laid back and tells me to relax was line "woah, what the hell is that? U need to call the dr!". So I turn to see what happens when I turn. My breast crease. There's no way to really explain it other than that. I had a line going across the middle to cut my breast in half. It was a concved crease! Any experience this or know what it may be?

This morning I stood out of bed and he looked and he said they look normal now. I think the left one, the one that had appoint and crease last night looks a lot lower/droopier than the other. One has always been a bit lower, but not this much.

So now I have to call the ps to see if she can get me in to check this out. I want her to feel and see what I did! I hope she can get me in Today, and I hope my principal will let me leave early! This is just maddening!! It feels like there's no end to it being something else!!

• bc101
    bc101 Member Posts: 923
    edited April 2016
    Options

Oh no!! I hope you are able to get in right away and whatever it is - I hope it's something they can resolve. I wonder if your implant is acting up?

Before my exchange I had a strange feeling in my non cancer boob. It felt like it was "slipping" and I kept wanting to push it up. It also looked lower than the other one and felt like there was something bunched up next to my chest wall where the other breast didn't feel anything at all. I told my PS and he said "Your breast was lower 'before' the BMX" like it was no big deal. But he said he'd do a lift. It seemed better after my exchange - it didn't droop or feel bunched up. Well....just recently I was reading all my records online and saw some notes from my PS from my exchange. He wrote that the Alloderm had come loose and that it had to be replaced! I have Alloderm attached onto my chest muscle vs. under like most women. It must have slipped down and must have actually folded onto itself under the implant. I knew it! I was a little mad at him that he hadn't mentioned anything to me. I was right, and he didn't want to admit it, lol! But at least after all that, it turned out just fine.

Hugs to you, Beverly!!!

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

appt today at 100! Yet another day unpaid at work ugh!!

• pinktiara
    pinktiara Member Posts: 716
    edited April 2016
    Options

Beverly,

Do you saline or silicone implants? I'm with mary, it does sound as if the implant is moving around. I hope you can get in quickly and get some answers. Hang in there and let us know.

My boobs still get itchy and I have discomfort in my armpit on the cancer side...oh well no biggy.

I am in a tizzy today waiting for Wisconsin primary votes. SoI guess I'll keep busy outside...the bird feeders need cleaning...love my birds.

y'all take care

love

Eve

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

sitting in office as we speak.... Ugh I have butterflies and feel like I can throw up!!! Thanks for being here with me my friends!

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

Eve they are silicon

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

Deep breaths...in....and....out.

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

she said the implant probably flipped, they do that. Really? She seemed to think that was ok. I have pain and it looks a bit crazy... She said we don't have to do anything to fix it. They could actually manually flip an implant don't worry about it.

How do I start a new post? I want to ask how many had this happen and what was done.

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

Really? My implant is actually sewn into place. But mine are different than yours, probably, because it's over the muscle, not under.

I'm not sure how to start a new thread. Maybe just go to that exchange thread....I forget the name of it - it's been so long. Exchange City or something like that?

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

Or try the Breast Implant Sizing thread - there are some very wise women on that.

Whippetmom is the one you want to ask. She is the implant whisperer. Seriously!

Good luck, Bev!

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

so.... It's me again! I had my annual physical yesterday which, just like all my other flipping doctors appointment was anything but a typical physical!!

It started out great! Blood pressure was 123/80, blood work came back all normal, the lump she felt in my armpit she thinks may be a cyst. She told me to follow up with my bs. Ok.

Then it got crazy!! I told her I have been having some trouble breathing, especially at night I feel like I have a bag over my head. She says well with all the crazy stuff that ends up happening to you lets just be safe and do an ekg and chest X-ray. Ok. Sounds good to me. Hoping to get good results and move forward.... Right?!?! Well....

The ekg was not normal. It showed an issue with t waves. I'm like ok so I had the reading before. She said it looks worse now. Wth!!!

Then I got results from the chest X-ray. She started asking me questions... Do u have pain? Have u been sick etc. I'm like wth is going on whatd u find?! She said well it shows your lungs aren't expanding all the way and it looks like everything's scrunched up. I'm like what does that mean? She said if I knew u had been sick I would think it was pneumonia. Let's just wait for the radiologist report. I left there shaking!!

Of course I get back to the car and look it up and what comes up but lung cancer!! Ladies that can't be it!! I can't do that!! So now I am waiting for the radiologist to call probably not til Monday!!!

Of course my husband is like relax... Yeah right!!! Ta just another flipping thing!! R u serious?!?! Anyway we are leaving Saturday the 16th for a cruise to the Bahamas and I have this to worry about!! My dad had a heart attack in his late 40s and I'm 43 so I worry about my heart. Not to mention I have my gyno voice in my head saying don't take both ovaries out without estrogen you can damage ur heart.....!!! Ugh!!! I want off this roller coaster and right now!! I'm sick of worrying about something killing me!!!

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

Bev, I'm so sorry. All I can say is don't go there in your head. You don't know anything yet, so don't go there. Have you ever tried guided imagery or mindfulness meditation to control stress? If not, this is a great time to learn. Because no matter what the outcome is, you should learn this life skill. This is the best advise I can give you right now. I just know that this has worked for me and I practice it regularly, or at least try to. I've used it while having tests, like during an MRI, just before interviews, and anytime I'm super stressed and even when I'm not.

I've done mindfulness meditation, but my favorite is guided imagery, which is actually very easy. I learned from a wonderful therapist and it's helpful especially during a crisis like this! Just take a deep breath and when you exhale.... concentrate on releasing all the negative air and energy out. Imagine a vessel - any kind of container. As you exhale at the same time imagine the air going into the vessel, and then cap the vessel with the negative air inside. Breathe in....and repeat with another vessel if you want. This is just one example. They are all sorts of ways to do guided imagery, but it helps to learn from a therapist.

You're probably thinking...I don't need this c****. I need answers. But you also don't need extra stress right now while you are waiting. Yes, this totally sucks. Once you have an answer, then you will know what you need to do. Until then....keep breathing.

I'm sending you positive energy!

HUGS!

Mary

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

thanks Mary

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

ironic that you said breathe. She prescribed me an inhaler to help me do that lo

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

great as of about midnight last night I've had diarrhea, dry heaving, chills, sweats, body aches and low grade fever! I can't make this $&@? Up!!!!

My son stayed home with me, he's 13, while my husband took the other 3 kids to my 11 years old softball game an hour or so away. He heard me screaming in the bathroom and called my parents!!! When I came out of the bathroom he was like woah, ur pale!

I'm dry heaving and it feels like the mesh Dom my abdominal hernia surgery I had in December was going to pop right out of my skin! Omg that sucked!!

I'm thinking the flu now

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

I hear the Norovirus is going around. My mom had it recently and the facility went on a quarantine. I'm trying not to go out in public right now if I don't have to. I was at my therapist's last week and this woman stands up and says to her doc before she goes in, "I have a bad cold - should I wear a mask?" I'm like...um. Yes! Geez!!!!

I start my new job on Tuesday, so don't want to get sick.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

good luck Mary

• pinktiara
    edited April 2016
    Options

HANG IN There BEVERLY,

I have the stupid flu also. yuk. Oh well this too shall pass along with a lot of other stuff that keeps passing, if you know what I mean.

Sick

Just ate a can of chicken noodle soup..seems ok so far. Hasn't hit the nether region yet so time will tell. ;p Plus I have a reason for hanging out on the couch for a couple of days

Medicating

Focus on resting and your cruise. How fun!

Good advice, Mary. I am not very good at the meditation stuff. Way to many bad memories creep into my mind...I just tell myself out loud to STOP!thinking about the downside seems to work. I just remind myself to live in the moment and pet the dog...she always makes me feel better.

Any how, best wishes with your job.

Heart

Onward and upward to infinity and beyond.- Buzz Lightyear

ThumbsUp

Eve

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

yup confirmed today it's the flu! My principal and husband are going to kill me!! Another couple of days out without pay!! I have training on Tuesday that sucks to miss... It's mandatory And Wednesday and Thursday all k teachers do screening on incoming k students. I can't miss this!!! Oh and then Saturday I leave for the cruise!! I should b better by then just hoping none of my kids get u

• mmtagirl
    mmtagirl Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hope you feel better soon, Beverly.

Mary, hope your first week in the job is working out for you...I know you will be great.

Hate to be a downer...I am just so sad that one of my bco girls from my chemo thread that I have kept in touch with is going through a really tough time. 32 with young kids. TN and it has metatastized to so many places and latest brain scan is really, really scary bad. Please send all your positive energy her way.

Xoxo

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

sorry ann prayers for your friend!!!

• pinktiara
    edited April 2016
    Options

sigh , fucking cancer. FUCKING CANCER !!

So sorry for your friend,Ann. Prayers coming her way, for her kids and family.

Just makes me MAD.

💖

Eve

• Dtkd
    Dtkd Member Posts: 422
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm so sorry Ann. Of course my prayers are with her and her family. Hold your own family close and feel what you feel. Cancer is a beast, for sure, and it makes no sense at all. Hugs.

Beverly, I hope you are feeling better.

Mary, I hope you are having a great week at your new job. I just know that you will do great!

Hope you are feeling better too Eve!

Love you all!

Diane

• bc101
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thanks ladies - it's going really well!! I still can't believe my good luck. I'm just so happy to be back in the workplace!! That being said I am soooooo tired when I get home. It's pretty laid back and very flexible, so the pressure is off as far as that goes. But I want to do so well that I get overanxious....what else is new?

Ann, I'm so very sorry about your friend. It's just so not fair!! I don't know why we can't come up with a cure. It seems like we haven't made any advances at all in the last 20 years since my best friend died of breast cancer. Well, we've made some progress, but not enough!! I still miss her and think of her grandsons and how they are missing out on so much and now her daughter's graduation. Very very sad. Sending gentle hugs!

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

so, officially on spring break!!!!!! Leave tomorrow night to fly to Orlando. Then Sunday we are getting on a cruise to the Bahamas! Man, I can't wait!

Happy spring everyone

• Mommyathome
    edited April 2016
    Options

don't really know why I'm sharing this other than to give you a chuckle. My daughter has a tournament in softball today. At a field an hour away from home. She has to be on the field ready to go by 730am or she sits the bench. I was all all night with a stomach ache and diarrhea. Out of all days, I'm going to be at a field an hour away from home with diarrhea and I don't use public bathrooms to "poop"!!! Omg this is going to be awful!!

Oh I forgot to mention... She plays at 830, 1130 and 230!! I'll be there about 9 hours!!! Since I got out of bed at 500 am I've been in the bathroom 4 times (in an hour!!!). I took some stomach relief stuff it's supposed to help... Sure hope it does!!!

• Mommyathome
    edited May 2016
    Options

hi ladies. Look for your feedback. I met with the endocrinologist today as a follow up on my osteopenia of the spine. I'm currently taking 4000 iu of vitamin d and 500 mg of calcium. She said my last check on vitamin d I was at 59 which is on the high side so I should cut back to 3000 iu. She took urine sample to check calcium I don't have that result yet. She is ordering a bone density scan to compare it to the one I had about a year ago. She said she'll have to fight insurance because usually it's every 2 years but she wants it now! She said if it comes back more advanced than just last year she would like to put me on either Avista or fosamax. Are you familiar with either of these? Have you taken them? What are the pros/cons?

Hope everyone is well and getting some spring weather! The sun finally came out today!

• pinktiara
    edited May 2016
    Options

don't know about the meds Beverly...I always do a google research before I take anything. lots of info out there.

hope you feel better

Eve

• pinktiara
    edited May 2016
    Options

for Alexandra.

wear it well my friend. be well.

always in my heart.

• mmtagirl
    mmtagirl Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2017
    Options

Beverly, I know lots of women who take fosomAx with no issue. Good luck! I have not had a bone density test but will have one in August.

So glad Alexandra is doing well