Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Phoenix Tears Treatment Plan - An Experiment

Options

Comments

• Sinsin
    Sinsin Member Posts: 200
    Options

Kudra, I use to reside in the Orlando area. I've lived in Orlando, Oviedo, and Altamonte Springs. We moved from there to here in Seattle for work. Talk about big difference. LOL

• Kudra
    Kudra Member Posts: 29
    Options

I went through culture shock moving from Ft. Lauderdale to Lake Wales! Geographically it's not far, but philosophically it's a different planet! Surprisingly there are a lot of people in this small conservative town that are excited about the vote in November! I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

• Kudra
    Options

I went through culture shock moving from Ft. Lauderdale to Lake Wales! Geographically it's not far, but philosophically it's a different planet! Surprisingly there are a lot of people in this small conservative town that are excited about the vote in November! I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

((twinkly)) thinking of you.  ♥♥♥ 

Hope you and all the CBD ladies are doing OK.

• Kudra
    Options

Twinkly, wondering how your scan went. Thinking of you!

• twinkly
    twinkly Member Posts: 104
    Options

HI everyone....thank you for your kind messages.  

RECAP June 9, 2014: I have been taking medicinal marijuana  products  since February 2014 (four months).

Currently, this is what I am taking every day:

• 3/10 of a gram of phoenix tears (1/10 taken three times, morning, afternoon and evening - nice that the syringe is marked by 1/10 increments, so I know exactly how much of the oil to squeeze out of the syringe)
    • 4 cubes fresh (frozen) cannabis juice drank (with water) throughout the day
    • 3 CBD capsules (one 35 mg capsule taken three times a day with the tears - and sometimes I take 2, which makes 4 per day)
    • I also have the water resin, but haven't been taking that as much....I'll substitute for the tears sometimes when I remember.

My sensitivity to medicine created a lot of challenges around increasing the dosage. I've been trying to get to the full gram per day, which is the recommended dosage to fight cancer, but I hit my own personal ceiling at 3/10 of a gram per day and when I tried to increase the dosage to 4/10 of a gram per day I would start to experience anxiety.   This was how I knew I was taking too much. But it took a while to figure it out.  If I started to feel anxiety, I would reduce the dose by 1/10 a gram for two days, because I believe the THC is cumulative, and you need to account for that. 

It took me some time to understand my personal THC limit because as you build up to taking however much of the tears you can manage to take in a day, you are only increasing your dosage just a bit...equal to the size of about a 1/3 of a grain of rice - and maintaining that increase in dosage for 4 days before trying to increase again.  EACH INCREASE would require the 4 day wait, before the next increase.  

Now, to give you a word of caution, re: overdosing.  The tears can cause psychotic episodes (so sorry to hear about yours Sinsin). It's the high amounts of THC in the tears. If you have too much at once, you can feel anxiety and panic.

Sinsin, by the time I received the tears purchased from the lab in Vancouver, I had already been taking some other 'tears' (butane hash oil (BHO) blended in coconut oil) for almost four weeks.  

When my new tears arrived from the dispensary the product looked exactly as it did on the Rick Simpson Run from the Cure video.  The tears were individually wrapped in 1 gram syringes with a label telling the percentage of THC and the CBD in that particular batch.

So, thinking I had already built up my immunity with the BHO tears, I immediately took a full gram syringe (all cannabis medicine I am talking about is 'eaten' not 'smoked') on Monday, another on Tuesday, another on Wednesday.  I was SO HIGH those three days....slurring my words, laughing, laughing, laughing. (what can I say - little did I know what was to happen).  

Then, on Thursday morning, I woke up having a full blown psychotic episode that lasted ten days.  I'm talking panic and anxiety ramped up beyond anything I've ever experienced.  This was one of the worst experiences of my life. Worse than surgery, childbirth....anything. But it has yielded such growth in my heart....growth I have struggled years to achieve in my meditations.  I am so blessedly thankful for going through this hell....it is going to make so much of a difference in my attitude, as I am now Finally learning how to live my life fearlessly.

During those days from hell, my cannabis support people (the person who owns the dispensary in Vancouver and is a very strong advocate with Rick Simpson in getting this medicine legalized in Canada, and another lady in the interior of BC (who lovingly juices pounds and pounds and pounds of fresh cannabis for people like me) were very quick to reassure me that the cannabis would not do me any harm. I just had to ride it out. And they were right.

So that leads me to share with you what happened when I met my oncologist in early May.

UPDATE:  I met with my oncologist in early May, 2014.  

***No progression*** noted from the PET in December....or if there was...only very very slightly.  Woohoo!!

The nuclear bone scan in April didn't see the lesion on the T1 noted on the December PET scan. This is good news, but I still feel painful twinges in the T1.

The second PET scan in April did mention that there may be something on the T1, but it's too small to know for sure.  

My onc said it appears to be a very lethargic, indolent cancer and asked if I wanted to continue with the Phoenix Tears.  He understands I am a 'naturalist' and like to do things without the help of pharmaceuticals, if possible.  He said he is happy with me continuing with the tears, and would like to see me again in six months to monitor and follow up.  

One thing to note...when I was excitedly telling my onc about the Phoenix Tears, the CBD capsules, the fresh cannabis juice AND the water resin, he had NO IDEA what I was talking about.

So, I wondered why he gave me the prescription in the first place, if he wasn't interested in hearing my results.  

I believe the tears are helping me receive the best possible news I could get.  And I believe the tears are helping to heal me in other ways....I feel a sense of well being, of real Health, that I have had only since taking the tears.

Here are some thoughts I want to share about my experience with medical marijuana...

1.  the CBD capsules are managing the twinges of pain very well.  I feel these really significant twinges in my T1 (where the PET scan showed the lesion initially) and also a bit farther down in the T3, but on the other side (although this is my experience only, and nothing about T3 has been mentioned in any of my tests).  I also feel exactly where the cancer is located along the left side of the sternum.  I get itchy there after I drink my fresh cannabis juice (frozen in cubes).  I believe this is a healing itch deep in the bone, although I read that healing bones can hurt as much as bones with cancer.  I hope all of the twinges I'm having are healing twinges.

2.  I was feeling my liver at least 3 - 5 times a day, and actually ended up in the hospital at one point, asking them to see if there is anything wrong.  I have non alcohol related fatty liver and have had my gallbladder removed. Scans showed nothing in my liver, but the twinges have almost gone away.

3.  I've switched to a paleo eating plan for 80% of my diet, and the other 20% is all the stuff that I feel is good for me, and that I tolerate very well, but may not be considered 'paleo'.  I've also built a little grow-op in my kitchen...using a hydroponics table and lovely low energy LED lights, and now have an indoor garden that continuously grows lettuces, kale, chard, basil and beets.  

4.  There are still things that are resolving....'chemo brain' is a big one.  Since my chemo sessions in 2008, I have had brain farts on a regular basis.  Since starting the tears, these are happening on a much more regular basis, but sometimes I can actually recall what I wanted to say without any good natured prompting, which is an improvement.  THC and CBD pass the brain/blood barrier and can heal brain cancer.  FYI, Wikipedia says the bloodbrain barrier allows the passage of water, some gases, and lipid soluble molecules by passive diffusion, as well as the selective transport of molecules such as glucose and amino acids that are crucial to neural function.

I am also going to add a list of all the links I've found over these past months that contain evidence based research/studies on medical marijuana.

Now, you are probably wondering at the costs.  They are different everywhere, but this is what I paid:

Phoenix Tears - $20- - $25 per gram (FYI, one ounce of marijuana makes 2 - 4 grams of the tears - and to treat cancer,  Rick Simpson suggests taking 60 grams of the tears over a 90 day period).  Since it takes me ten days to finish 3 grams, this costs $6 per day.

Water resin (same as the tears but made with water instead of alcohol) $20 per gram

35 ml CBD capsules - $1.40 - $1.75 each (total of $5.60 per day for four capsules)

100 fresh cannabis juice cubes - $150 (total of $6 per day for 4 cubes)

For a grand total of $17.60 per day.  

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.  Have a great day!!

• twinkly
    twinkly Member Posts: 104
    Options

Badger, Kudra and Sinsin and Leggo.....thinking of you too :)

Badger .... love the 'CBD ladies' moniker....!

• lightandwind
    lightandwind Member Posts: 97
    Options

Twinkly, Very great news! Thanks so much for sharing this.

• Sinsin
    Options

Welcome back Twinkly! You had us worried about you! Hope everything is better with the family issue and grats on the good progress!!

• lightandwind
    lightandwind Member Posts: 97
    Options

Medical Marajuana- the Future of Breast Cancer Therapy

http://www.truthonpot.com/2013/03/09/medical-marij...

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

hi twinkly, thanks for checking in!  

Sounds like you're doing well and I love your math.

No wonder big pharma doesn't like MJ-based med.

How could they turn a profit on $17.60 per day?

((hugs)) to you and all the CBD ladies! ♥ 

• Kudra
    Options

Twinkly, I'm sooo happy about your scan! I bet your oncologist is excited about your choices. They have to be so careful what they say.

I'm so sorry you had such a bad anxiety experience. 

Sinsin, so good to see your still on the board! I've been out of the loop for a while! Goodnight, sweet girls! I'll write more tomorrow.

• Kudra
    Options

PS I had a pet/ct scan today. It made me nervous because it's only been 4 months since my last scan. I don't know why he wanted to do one so soon. Ya know, scanxiety. I get to drive the 3 hour round trip again tomorrow for pain management, etc. My cars getting tired. Xoxoxoxo

• Sinsin
    Options

Kudra, good luck on your scan!! We all know well the feeling of scaniety!! 

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    Options

Hi Gals,

Thought I'd bump this topic.  I found it completely by accident ... had no idea what Phoenix Tears meant.

The discussion is really interesting.  I hope more will post with their experiences.

hugs,

Bren

• Sinsin
    Options

Kudra, how did your scan go??

• HollyD
    HollyD Member Posts: 20
    Options

I want all of the things on your list! Do you live in Ca where you have better access?  Best of luck with your treatment.

• Bren-2007
    Options

Hi Twinkly,

I would love to give this a try, but it's VERY illegal in Virginia and the penalties for possession are steep.  Expense and access are another major problem here.  I'm interested in the CBD for pain management.  Have you noticed a difference in any pain you may have had?

hugs,

Bren

• Kudra
    Options

Sinsin, my scan was not as good as they usually are. I've had some progression. 

Since the beginning I've had my primary tumor and L2, T9 spinal mets. Now there's L5, pre esophageal activity and something going on in my intercostal space. I'm not clear on the whole thing. I'll be seeing my onc again on the 16th. In the meantime I'm calling his nurse to see if I can see the radiologist himself and discuss it more in depth with him. He really didn't seem very prepared on my visit. He said it wasn't a runaway train but we should discuss changing meds.

From the beginning I've been absolutely against chemo, radiation or surgery, so I know he gets frustrated with me.

We're actually thinking about trying estradiol, an estrogen. Sounds weird but sometimes it works for a bit and also can trick your body into being more sensitive to the anti hormonal treatments again.

The last year and a half have been so smooth I haven't had to make any big decisions. Oh, well. I'm a quality over quantity kind of gal so I think that's the path I'm taking.

I so hope you come back to this board and share your experiences. This thread is really great. I don't feel totally comfortable expressing myself on the regular threads because I don't agree with a lot of cancer therapies. 

I hope you are all doing well!

Much love

Rebecca

• Kudra
    Options

Bren,

I, too, would love to try the Phoenix tears but live in Fl. where it's illegal. I also can't afford it.

I have a friend that was in a clinical trial with a cannabinoid spray for pain from bone mets. Her mets are really severe. It did help with the pain but not enough for her. From all I've read it often makes other pain meds more efficient so you can take less.

I so hope the others come back and can give you more first hand experience. 

We are all so different when it comes to meds and pain. I hope you find the relief you need.

I've given in and am taking low dose morphine with Vicodin for breakthrough pain. It has changed my life, but I know it's toxic.

Much love

Rebecca

• Kudra
    Options

sorry, I can't seem to stop talking tonight, but I wanted to add one more thing.

My friend that tried the cannabinoid spray has been stage four for ten years. She stopped All traditional treatments and just did diet, herbs and supplements for several years. She did amazingly well for a long time. It just reared it's ugly head recently.

She is also on Phoenix Tears now. She just started about a month and a half ago.

Anyway, I didn't want to give the impression that forms of cannabis don't work for pain. She was in a very extreme state when she did that particular trial.

She really is my hero in many ways. 

• Bren-2007
    Options

Hi Rebecca,

I've been doing some research on the cannabinoids.  It seems they will work with opiate medication so you can take less of it for your pain.  I really am sorry to hear of your pain.  Please don't feel bad about using the opiates to reduce your pain.  Pain can be so debilitating and you need your strength to fight off the cancer.  I use pain medication as well. 

Wish medicinal marijuana was legal in my state.  But I doubt that will happen for a long time to come.  I can understand that it's too expensive to buy, even illegally.  And then it can also be difficult to find someone who has the medicinal strain you need.

I hope your friend does well on this protocol.  Keep us posted.

hugs,

Bren

• Sinsin
    Options

Rebecca, I'm so sorry to hear about the results. 😔 I hope you can find a treatment plan that works and is agreeable to and your doc. As to pain meds, they're there for a reason and I suggest taking them. You can't have a good quality of life if you're in severe pain. 

As to my progress, I kind of fell off the marihuana horse. LOL I'm sorry, ladies. I'm going for a ultrasound soon, and if it shows what I fear, I'll be right back on my oils. And I will update with my progress. Scanxiety to the max right now. 

• Kudra
    Options

Sinsin,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm changing meds. Totally stopped the Arimidex and Faslodex this week. I'm sooo happy! It wasn't bad for a long time, but the SE have gotten silly.

Please keep us all posted on your test results and med decisions. I don't want to lose this thread just because you stopped the oils!

Much love,

Rebecca

• Sinsin
    Options

Kudra, glad to hear you're changing meds! I'm still off the oils. It's believed that all of my breast cancer was removed with surgery so I can't really stage how effective it is without a tumor. LOL I go in Wednesday to figure out my radiation treatment and see my MO in August. I'm hoping to get my MO to order me a scan as I have spots in my liver and I want to make sure there has been no change. If there has, then you can bet I'll be back on my oils. I may or may not go back on the before that. But I wanted to be honest with you ladies and keep you informed and also, to not mislead you.

I hope everyone is doing alright and is having minimal side effects!

Much Love,

Cindy

• Kudra
    Options

Cindy,

It's awesome that they are saying they got it all!!!

Ya know, in the beginning I had a spot on my pancreas on a PET/CT.

It never showed up again. Even a little. Sometimes spots are inflammation.

You probably know all that.

Anyway, sounds like your doing great! Keep us posted!

• Bren-2007
    Options

Hi Ladies,

Wondering if anyone has heard from Twinkly. Curious on how she's doing with her protocol.  I hope you're all doing well.

hugs,

Bren

• jessmarieberman
    jessmarieberman Member Posts: 10
    Options

Hi Twinkly,

Great post. I'm so glad I came across it. The cannibus (hemp) oil has become a hot topic lately. I have another friend, a nine year stage four survivor who is on her third recurrence. Her onco took a biopsy, gene mutation analysis and chemo-sensitivity testing. The Onco wanted her to take Afinitor/Aromosin (I had just had my a** handed to me off that drug and it was awful). She and I are both very young with cancer. My friend has stabilized and shrunk her tumors. Her first three months her tumor markets were stable but her onco figured it was that she had stopped her ovarian suppression and bone strengtheners. She went back on them and then returned to the oil only to have her tumor markers fall EACH month now. Her results, got me very curious about the oil. At my latest visit to the Onco I was told that I need to find a trial because there was not much else she could do for me. My liver is over 50% compromised, I have swelling in my abdomen, pain and tingling in my bones and generally no energy. The nausea and desire to vomit pretty much prevent me from going anywhere anyway. Regardless, I have started taking the oil hearing her good news. I don't have much else to lose. I keep hearing lots of "you should take it like this, you should dose up this way, you shouldn't be on anything traditional" etc etc. When I am dose up high on the oil (I only take the oil in the syringe a few times a day plus a high CBD product so I can dose but not be "high") -- I feel tingling exactly where all the cancer is. The pain was intolerable a few weeks ago but now is getting better. The oil keeps the pain, nausea, and uncomfortable feelings at bay so I don't have to take any pharmaceuticals. I do feel, however, that I am very close to depression since I can't out of bed at all, have no energy for my kids (3 and 5 years) or day to day activities. I'd love to find more people that this has worked for. I have also read, as a caveat, that stage IV people taking it eventually build up a tolerance for this as well similar to some chemotherapy drugs. I hope that isn't true. There must be some kind of maintenance plan in place too!!

• Kudra
    Options

hey, Bren, I've been wondering how she's doing too. I hope she shows up soon.

Wow, Jess, looks like you've seen it all! I hope the oils do well for you! I've never heard about it not working after a while, but the other girls here have done a lot more research than I have.

Good luck! 

• Kudra
    Options

I just looked. The last time she was on BCO was June 15th. I hope she's ok.