Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Phoenix Tears Treatment Plan - An Experiment

Options

Comments

• Sinsin
    Sinsin Member Posts: 200
    Options

Bren, I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a terrible time! I'm glad to hear that the oils are helping you feel better though! I think it is possible to build an immunity to the oils as you can build an immunity to anything taken long enough. However, I DON'T think it's something you need to be worrying about already. You have lots of time. It takes time just to build up to the full dose a day.

• simplelife4real
    simplelife4real Member Posts: 341
    Options

Jess, there is a Facebook Page called Cannabis Oil Success stories that has a lot of members and a lot of information.  If you haven't already checked it out, you might want to.  I would imagine that if you posted there, you would be very likely to hear from others with breast cancer stage four experience.  I wish you the very best. ((hugs))  Kay

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    Options

Hi Jenn. Sorry for all you're going through. I read you are looking for others on the oil.  So far the oil has been working well for me. I've been taking it since April. I had extreme nausea and pain and the oil has helped a great deal. I still haven't worked up to the full dose, but still see a benefit. I'm currently waiting on scan results to determine if I'll continue (mostly due to cost). I have the same tingling you do in the areas I know there are tumors. Tingling and feeling like little shocks. It's very disconcerting, but after speaking with others (Twinkly mentioned tingling as well), this sounds normal so I put up with it and hope for the best. ANYTHING is better than constantly throwing up. I hope you feel better soon. My best to you. 

• twinkly
    twinkly Member Posts: 104
    Options

Hello to the CBD Ladies and everyone!  Life has been rather busy lately....and it's great to finally check in with you all.

I've been doing well.  I have a new medical 'team'....a new family doctor who is AMAZING (and young and hip and KNOWS about medical marijuana) and the person managing my cancer/tests/treatments has now changed (per my request) to a clinical nurse, who runs breast cancer related clinical trials, and is someone I respect a great deal....she took the time to answer all of my questions, and we pulled together a plan, which goes like this....

1.  Continue taking the marijuana medicine only

2.  End of September go for another nuclear bone scan

3.  Meet with her in October to discuss scan results.  If there is no progression, I will continue on the path of using only cannabis to manage the disease and the pain and the anxiety.  If there is progression, I have told her I will consider taking tamoxifen also....but I will take my time making the decision, and won't waste any time researching anything that isn't yet a fact.  This is a bit unusual for me, as I research Everything....and I mean EVERY thing.  But my new philosophy is to not waste time on making a decision that may not have to be made....yet...or ever.

Something happened to really show me how effective this medicine acutally is.  A few weeks ago I took my grandkids for a week out in the woods...the first time I've ever done this (no electronics, TV, stuff like that). I found myself not taking my medication, as I was the only adult and didn't want anything to potentially hinder my ability to deal with any emergency that may come up. At the end of that week, I was a wreck. The boys had a great time (aged 3 & 5) but I paid the price, as my neck and sternum were always aching...and the anxiety was so loud again....I realized the CBD was also removing the anxiety, and everything together was managing the pain perfectly. It took a few days to get back on track..... just in time to go on two road trips to BC :) 

On my second trip into BC, I met the people who have been making/supplying my medical cannabis medicines....and gave them great big hugs, thanking them for all the hard work they do, helping so many people, giving of their time so generously.  They helped me so much through every bump in the road...I can't find enough words in my heart to express how I admire and honor these people.  They are now in the midst of opening a new dispensary WITH a doctor that can see/skype with patients, and who is knowledgeable on how to prescribe the cannabis medicine that would help/work the best.  

I was thinking that I could possibly host a retreat here in Alberta, and anyone who wants to take three months off to come and do their treatment could have a safe, comfortable place to do so....they would skype with the doctor before they come to ensure their medicine is here waiting for them.....what do you all think??

Going forward, I am doing my best to take care of me (which I suck at) and not take care of everyone else except me (which I excel at lol).

If anything, this is what cancer has given to me....the ability to value and appreciate each and every moment....and then strive to fill as many moments with light and love as possible, and to decorate my heart with these moments. 

I know that the road ahead may be more bumpy than I would like, and that grief and sadness will fill many moments also....but I want to laugh all of my laughter, and cry all of my tears as Khalil Gibran says in The Prophet.  And that means working at coming to an acceptance of 'All' ..... not just what I'm comfortable with.  Bending and sometimes breaking under the greater truth that you are part and parcel of the whole....and when you bend, you grow, and when you break, you have to start at the beginning again.  I feel like I've been bending and breaking on a regular basis, and somehow, some way this is good for a body I'm thinking.

big hugs to you all!!

• lightandwind
    lightandwind Member Posts: 97
    Options

Twinkly, really loved reading your post. Thanks so much for checking in and sharing your experiences. Your attitude is admirable. Being grateful is a blessing in itself. Supporting you here on your journey and wishing you all good.

• twinkly
    Options

Hi Jess...I hope the medicine helps manage your pain - both physical and emotional.  I have heard a doctor mention that we should be taking 2 X the amount of CBD as THC....so I have been increasing my dose of CBD gradually, aiming to go as high as 400, 500 or 600 mg in a day wouldn't be too much.  I find CBD oil capsules upset my stomach less than the capsules made with plant matter, but it helps if you eat something fermented (best is plain full fat yogurt or plain full fat kefir) along with taking the CBD.  Please let us know how you are going on...

big hugs!

• twinkly
    Options

Hi ((Leggo)) and ((Badger))....yes I feel the twinges and tingling almost constantly now....I love that we can all compare notes here, it's great!

• twinkly
    Options

thank you ((lightandwind)) wishing you all the best !

• Sinsin
    Options

twinkly, so glad to hear that you are doing well! If you don't mind my inquiring, where do you live? I am in the Seattle area. This past weekend we were out driving around and by happenstance came across what I presumed was the growers for my dispensary. I wanted to stop and check it out but I had my kids with us. LOL

I LOVE the retreat idea and would totally do it, especially if I get to talk to a knowledgeable doc about my use of the oils! Let's do it! My dispensary and most or all here don't have docs working there. I have been off my oils but I am going to get back ontje horse. I've been struggling a bit mood wise and over worrying again. 😔 

• Sinsin
    Options

P.S. I love being a CBD Lady. 

• leggo
    Options

Hi Twinkly! I'm so glad we can compare notes too. If I'd be feeling these shocks and tingles without knowing, I'm pretty sure I'd have been wigging out. Instead, I happily accept it knowing it's cancer cells dying.

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    Options

Hi Twinkly,

What a wonderful idea on the retreat. I would never be able to be gone for that long, but it's such a lovely thought.

I saw a video, I think it was on the Phoenix Tears website, of a man who had skin cancer on his nose more than once and after researching the cream the dermatologist gave him, he decided not to use it and went with a CBD cream.  It's amazing the results he had on his nose.  I have had recurring skin cancer for 30 years, so that really intrigued me. It's such a shame that medicinal marijuana/CBD usage is not legal in my state.

My cousin who lived in Oregon used medicinal marijuana products when she was had end-stage pancreatic cancer.  She had lollipops and caramel-like candies to help with the nausea as well as a wonderful skin cream.  She didn't smoke it, but would ingest it and it seemed to help her.  She was in a lot of abdominal pain from the cancer and surgery she had.

Best wishes to all,

Bren

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

hello CBD ladies and friends!  ((twinkly)) I hold u in my heart.

♥ to all

• leggo
    Options

Twinkly, just as I was writing to you, it occurred to me that I haven't posted anything about it here for others to compare notes to. Slap on the hand for me, and I'll try to do better for anyone else who's doing, or trying, the protocol. I started the oil in April. First of all, it's not legal where I live, so my husband and his friend make the oil for me. Unfortunately, the right strains are almost impossible to come by in large quantities so I have had a difficult time doing it every day for the 90 days. It usually averaged out to 3-5 days a week. The cost and search are almost overwhelming.....mostly the search, so ultimately, I decided to just go ahead with the monthly maintenance dose last week. Even doing it sporadically, when supply would allow, I still see a benefit. My pain is reduced and I went from constant nausea and vomiting to just a little nausea every day. Worth every penny, I think. It does make me very sad that I wasn't able to follow the protocol as intended. If I had, who knows how much better off I'd be. Lots of anger there too that it has to be so difficult to come by when it clearly works. At this point, I'm rationalizing that having done it some is better than not doing it at all.

Twinkly, I can say without hesitation that the retreat would make everything possible and easier for people who find themselves in a situation similiar to my own. I hold out no hope that legislatures' are going to change their minds anytime soon, so screw 'em. A retreat where people can improve their situations in three months......best idea I've heard. I just hope that messing up the protocol hasn't prevented me from trying again and doing it right sometime in the future.

Good luck to all of you trying and I hope someday, for everyone's sake, the powers that be get their head out of their asses and start making an attempt to cure some cancer.

Luv ya Twinkly. 

ETA: a heartfelt thank you to the other ladies who helped me out. Don't want to get you in trouble, but you know who you are. None of it would have been possible without you guys. Love you!

• leggo
    Options

Just wanted to say that distance to a legal province, supply in mine, finances....all played a part in my not being able to do the protocol correctly. Looking back, it would have been easier and more cost-effective to just MOVE to a place where it was ready-made and readily available for the 90 days. Live and learn. I recommend doing that if you can. Certainly easier and less stressful.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

bump

• twinkly
    Options

Hi everyone!

((Leggo)) any amount of the medicine you have been able to take has helped....and even if you couldn't take it every day, you still were saturating your system with these amazing cannabinoids, and every little bit you were able to take contributed to the positive side of the scale.

If you can keep on taking it, it would be best, but it sounds as if cost is prohibitive.  Maybe if you contacted a compassionate club in your area, they would be able to sell you the medicine, or at least give you a reduced price on the bud.  And remember, CBD needn't come from a marijuana plant...it can also come from the hemp plant, grown to make oil from the seed crop.  They are then required by law (here in Canada) to plow under the crop after they harvest the seeds and not allow the remainder of the plant to be used to make CBD pills, or at least paper (the plant has more cellulose than trees, and is a renewable resource).

If you can get a source of CBD at least, I think that would be helpful.

My new supply of tears is amazing.  The lady making these tears is an alchemist, and knows how to do things properly....especially when she chooses to decarboxylate the weed (the THCa converts to THC, and CBDa to CBD, etc.).  Even though I've cut down to one dose in the morning, and one in the evening, I'm still having this wonderful buzz all day long - I start to feel it about five hours after I've taken the dose....it's like the CBD I take with it dampens everything down, but then things start to gradually get more pleasantly buzzier, and I realize the CBD is wearing off, but the THC in the tears is going strong.  And yet I feel focused and energetic....not 'high'....but still high.

Then I wait until I'm less buzzy, and take my second dose, which really helps me go to sleep - amazing stuff.

Please keep us posted with the challenges you have experienced, and how they were resolved, if they were.  Share how much you have been able to take, and whether or not it helped.  If so, how?  

For me, this medicine is a God-Send.  My pain is managed perfectly.  Anxiety is managed even better.  Self awareness is growing.  I feel an instinctive positiveness towards the medicine, like my body recognizes and welcomes it.  And sometimes I have felt myself glowing with health - something I haven't felt in a long long time.  I am also experiencing emotional healing, which must be connected to everything else good that is happening.  

I realize without this medicine, the alternative would be tamoxifen, and I don't think I'd be reporting any of this healing while on tamoxifen.  Its like we trust the chemotherapy to be more effective at killing the cancer than anything else.  But that's only because we haven't had this medicine widespread.  Where clinical trials have shown the best way to administer the dosages, and where everyone has access and prices are very affordable - and people compete with each other, to produce the cleanest, highest CBD/THC plants possible, and then make the medicine with as much integrity and intention....to help people heal, and or to reduce their suffering, naturally, and compassionately.

Ah well, in time, this will come to pass.

have a great day everyone!

• FireKracker
    Options

bump

• twinkly
    Options

First ever medical cannabis ad will appear in the NEW YORK TIMES

• FireKracker
    Options

yay

Makin progress

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

ThumbsUp

• lightandwind
    Options
    ThumbsUp
  • Sinsin
    Options

Glad to hear you're still doing well Twinkly! I am going to go back on my oils. I'm having some anxiety over my fear that I may have another cancer and I am experiencing back pain again. (Not sure why.) It's time to go back on them. I still need to find some pill capsules so I can crush up the leaves from my plant and mix them with olive oil and put that in a pill to take everyday. I can get them off Amazon but I'd rather get them local so I can start immediately. My plant is HUGE! LOL

• leggo
    Options

Sinsin, gel-caps are usually available in all health food stores....cheap....all sizes.

• leggo
    Options

And kudos to the New York Times! 

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    Options

The ad in the NY Times is so cool ... thanks for posting!

hugs,

Bren

• Sinsin
    Options

That's what I was hoping Legggo! Thanks!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    Options

I think we can conclude from the NYT ad that the old saw about alternative meds not being profitable doesn't quite hold.

• lightandwind
    Options

Momine, I don't think anyone minds someone profiting off of something that works.   Besides cannabis weed is something that can help a lot of people with a lot of different ailments, and diagnosis.

Unlike patented pharmaceuticals, no one set of people keeps profiting off of a medicine being prescribed. Though a medicine may fail and fail and fail, it continues to be prescribed and the same set of people profit  from it, while patients receive little or no benefit

Besides herbs are natural, they are grown, not owned. No one has a monopoly on it. The market cannot be cornered. A weed cannot be patented. 

Though many meds begin with potent extractions of natural substances, the processing of them with many chemicals changes them, so they become something that they are not, so they can be patented.

Why not just use what nature gave us in it's purest form? Allow many to make a little profit instead of making a small few a fortune?

• leggo
    Options

I'm unclear as to how the NYT ad constitutes profit. Anyway, if I inferred that I was unable to afford the 90-day protocol, it is only because of the province I live in. In Canada, every province is individually responsible for how they spend their health care dollars. Unfortunately, in mine, because of our Premiere's personal beliefs (not worth getting into), he saw fit to fund only one legal dispensary. Others had to shut down so now supply and demand can't be met. That leaves one's only choice to travel many miles, which my health will not allow, or buy on the street locally, where it's almost impossible to buy enough of the proper strain. That's why I mentioned in an earlier post, how it would be better to just move to a province where it's readily available for the duration of the protocol, should their health allow. That's where the financial hardship comes in......geography...not because someone is making an unfair profit. Quite the contrary, they deserve to be paid for their product and their work just like any other drug manufacturer/company. As a matter of fact, they make very little profit, as opposed to say big pharma, who somehow rationalize a one time chemo treatment costing thousands of dollars or hundreds of dollars for one little anti-nausea pill. Who's the bad guy, really? My province and big pharma or the medical pot growers who ask for very little but get nothing but hassle. I know where I want my money to go. Chemo almost killed me twice, on the tears I have never felt better. A no-brainer, if you ask me.

So Momine, why do you think there's such a profit to be made in the industry? If it's just a matter of personal beliefs, I get it,  but insinuating it's for huge profit, not worthy, without benefit, or anything else like that is seriously egregious. Different strokes. You don't have to agree, nor partake, but trust me, there will come a time in someones horrible cancer journey where, if they were so inclined or out of traditional treatments or suffering debilitation, they would surely wish they had legal, easy access. I would have to argue that withholding it is cruel.

Edited to remove my political opinion.