Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Life does not end with a stage IV diagnosis (really!)

Comments

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited September 2015

Beautiful, Caryn! I hope it protects you always.

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2015

Love the tattoo, Caryn. It's beautifully done.

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    edited September 2015

Caryn the tattoo is beautiful very well done.

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2015

Caryn,

I love the tattoo, it's beautiful!! I have a sun on my back with 3 of my kiddos names, my last little guy was a total surprise baby, so trying to find room for him! And of course, waiting for approval to be able to do it from MO. I think you chose well!!

Alissa

• Lauralind5
    Lauralind5 Member Posts: 158
    edited September 2015

Caryn that is Beautiful !!

• shutterbug73
    shutterbug73 Member Posts: 284
    edited September 2015

Love it Caryn!

• josalive
    josalive Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2015

I also live in Colorado and wanted to chime in about the cannabis oil. There are two different options. CBD oil has been proven to fight cancer cells among other added benefitsand is non-psychoactive which means it does not get you high. THC oil is psychoactive and does get you high. I actually like to use both (one for fighting cancer and one to help my mood) so I usually do one drop of THC oil and 10 drops of CBD daily. My friend manufactures CBD oil and helps me understand effective use. It sounds like legalization could be coming to other states very soon!

• chelleg
    chelleg Member Posts: 396
    edited September 2015

josalive, where can I get it? Should I just go get my red card

• Wendy3
    edited September 2015

Thanks Josalive I've asked at the dispensary here in Vancouver and every time I get a new vial it seems to be different. Now I have some more ammunition for a discussion thanks.

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    edited September 2015

Caryn, Cool tattoo!

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited September 2015

Caryn, I love the tattoo.

Lynne

• pearlady
    pearlady Member Posts: 390
    edited September 2015

Caryn love the tatoo!  Very tastefully done.

• dlb823
    edited September 2015

On the topic of medical marijuana, which is legal in California, my son had sent me this chart when I was dealing with some serious pain over the summer. I haven't gotten around to trying it yet, but it's good info' to know.

http://sclabs.com/learn/ailment-guide.html

• ronniekay
    ronniekay Member Posts: 657
    edited September 2015

Caryn...beautiful tattoo...and I love that it's where you can see it always.  Also fun to educate your little kiddos about its meaning for you.  They thought you were fabulous before :-)

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited September 2015

Wendy, congrats to you on the good news.

Caryn, nice tattoo. Thanks for sharing.

Josalive, I'm in Colorado, too, and very interested in using the CBD oil at some point. I want to learn as much as possible about it, so thanks for sharing! What does it cost?

• chelleg
    chelleg Member Posts: 396
    edited September 2015

Bjsmiller, I just went to the dispensary yesterday. I purchased a three part CBD one part THC. As well as many other CBD products. The staff was very knowledgeable on our diagnosis and how to medicate. I spent a grand total of $200. But I got a ton of different products. The CBD-THC was $65 I hope that helps some. Love and hugs

• Bliss58
    edited October 2015

HI Chelle, thanks for the info on the CBD/THC products and the cost which I think really isn't too bad. How did your Zometa infusion go? I'll be starting Zometa tomorrow with my 5th TCHP treatment. Love and hugs to you.

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2015

Caryn, Love the tattoo!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited October 2015

I feel like I only have short bursts of time to drop by bco lately. The "normal" life can be a whirlwind. Work is very busy as I am piloting two math programs this year, am an English language arts teacher leader, and have a challenging (but great) group of students. My father has been ill and in and out of the hospital, my son in laws father is really, really ill and my dogs are too needy! Thank,you all for the compliments on the tattoo. I really love it too, although it's at the peeling stage and is very itchy but scratching it is forbidden.

Divine, a brand new tattoo looks fresh and vibrant. After 5-7 days, it peels like a sunburn, so looks flaky and a bit faded. After all the flaking and peeling it looks great again.

Best wishes to all!

• Bliss58
    edited October 2015

Deanna, forgot to thank you for posting the cannabis chart! Very helpful.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2015

Yes Deana, thanks for that. Pretty interesting. My son also has been persuading me to look into this for tumor suppression. Our kids amaze me...

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited October 2015

I don't get it. My doctor prescribed THC in the form of Maritol. If you are willing to prescribe THC, why not add one of those tumor suppression drugs. Geez.

• artistatheart
    edited October 2015

Very good question Dune...

• Wendy3
    edited October 2015

good question Dune , I googled your drug yesterday and was shocked to learn that they have been manufacturing a synthetic for of THC. Why not perschribe the real thing wouldn't that be healthier?

• Ally46
    Ally46 Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2015

Pharmaceutical companies won't make money off the real thing since it's a plant that anyone can grow

• artistatheart
    edited October 2015

I too need to start researching this avenue as last night I had a massive anxiety meltdown. Not sure what happened except maybe too much time online and suddenly the bottom just fell out. Time to admit I may need some help.

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2015

I am glad I am not the only one that happens too !! Hugs !!

• dlb823
    edited October 2015

There's actually a fairly complete article on medical marijuan in the Summer 2015 issue of CURE Magazine that I came across in my onc's office today. I haven't read much of it yet, but surprisingly, on first glance, it looks quite open to its potential, simply stating that there haven't been many studies to prove of disprove the claims.

Here's the article: http://www.curetoday.com/publications/cure/2015/su...

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited October 2015

There are also several threads on the alternative and complementary forums regarding medical marijuana in various forms. Yes, it is a plant that anyone can grow, however a pharmaceutical company can produce and patent active ingredients in various forms or various delivery systems. Although, state by state varying degrees of legality exist, on a federal level it is still illegal. When enough scientific research exists (not only efficacy, but strengths and dosing standards) and if/when the federal government changes the legal status, I feel quite certain that pharmaceutical companies will get into the game.

• Wendy3
    edited October 2015

Ally spot on