Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Life does not end with a stage IV diagnosis (really!)

Comments

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited June 2016

Miles is beautiful! What a handsome smiling boy!

• chelleg
    chelleg Member Posts: 396
    edited June 2016

Caryn, thanks for sharing with us. He is so cute. Immediately put a smile on my face. I really needed that.😊😀

• Peanut0110
    Peanut0110 Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2016

My grandson always puts a smile on my face. Thought it would be nice to share and also wanted to see if I could post a photo.image

• Texasrose53
    Texasrose53 Member Posts: 290
    edited June 2016

These babies are so cute!!! My grandchildren are quite a bit older (11 and 7).

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited June 2016

Children give us such hope for the future

• Peanut0110
    edited June 2016

It was like a gift from God when I got my diagnosis he sent me my first gradbaby. It was my dh who thought he would never live long enough to see a grandchild

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited June 2016

What beautiful babies! The pictures have brightened my day. Thank you.

Lynne

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    edited June 2016

so adorable I hope I make grandmother status someday. Enjoy them ladies😊

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2016

Peanut,

I found out my dd was pregnant, three days after my dx. The happiest and the craziest time, side by side

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,607
    edited June 2016
    Peanut, what a gorgeous baby!

btw, I live in Ohio, an hour from Pittsburgh-was just shopping there today-and it's where I doctor & where my son, who attended college there, now lives. Go Steelers! Also City of Champions Stanley Cup winners Pittsburgh Penguins!
  • GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited June 2016

Peanut, He is precious!!

• Peanut0110
    edited June 2016

Thanks to you all and now that I know how to post pictures I will share with you all more often. I don't like posting about my last couple of doctor visits because they weren't very good news. I admire everyone on these discussion boards and how upbeat and resilent everyone seems to be. I do however realize we all have our good days and bad days and everyone handles them differently

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited June 2016

Beautiful baby, Peanut. Sorry you're not getting good news on the cancer front...sending hugs and good thoughts.

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited June 2016

Peanut, gorgeous baby. Y'all make me even more excited about getting mine. Here is my little man. She is 30 weeks.

• Peanut0110
    edited June 2016

A picture from last summer when my family and I I went to Ocean City Maryland. I hope to go again this summer. It is my son and his son (my grand baby) my husband and I and my daughter and her boyfriend. image

• GatorGal
    edited June 2016

great family picture, peanut

• Peanut0110
    edited June 2016

Thank you GatorGal I see that you are from MD. Do you ever go to OCMD

• GatorGal
    edited June 2016

actually, peanut, we go to Chincoteague, Virginia. It's like going back in time. No high rises, very little traffic. The beach itself is on Assateague island which is a national park. It's a bike ride for healthy people (not me)! It's also a wildlife sanctuary with lots of wonderful shore birds and walking trails. You may have heard of Misty of Chincoteague, a story about a girl and her pony. There is a very famous pony swim the last Wednesday of every July. The fire department become saltwater Cowboys for the week and round up the horses and direct the through the water from Assateague to Chincoteague. On thursday they auction off the foals. It's the busiest tourist week of the year and we usually do not go then, although we've been a few times and it is pretty exciting. There's all the typical activities for kids just not the volume you would find at ocean city. Chincoteague is a bit boring for the younger generation (talking 20's and early 30's). It is definitely more geared for families. I think there may be two bars on the entire island. Also a nasa facility at wallops island has a small but interesting space museum. We had a condo there for 9 years and have just sold it. We had planned to retire there but cancer got in the way. I feel the need to Be closer to the cancer center. The cool thing is the buyers have given us two weeks a year for 7 years so we still get to use the condo, all I did was say we had planned to retire there but cancer got in the way. People can be so unexpectedly nice! My agent said she had never heard of anyone doing that before! Like I say, it's like going back in time. A very relaxing place fo vacation!! Guess you can tell how much I love it there .... I got just a little carried away!!

• GatorGal
    edited June 2016

My grandson and I at putt putt, Chincoteague island, a month ago. He's the one who grew his hair for me and we had a halo wig made. He's a very cool kid! I'll attach a picture of me and the wig.

Me with my niece and her daughter, Sydney, who just graduated from high school in Winston Salem, NC. I love wearing my grandson's hair and he loves seeing me in it. Really makes me look a lot younger!!

• GatorGal
    edited June 2016

Kandie, love seeing your pregnant daughter!! That belly looks very healthy!!

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2016

Kandy,

So happy to see your daughter looking "ripe" and healthy.

Gatorgal,

Chincoteague sounds lovely! Your pics show a beautiful family and I love the halo wig. Keep enjoying the good times.

Here is a pic of Miles and Frankie. Frankie squeezed herself into his bouncy seat and declared that they were "twin baby cousins".

• Texasrose53
    Texasrose53 Member Posts: 290
    edited June 2016

I love all the pictures!!!

Gatorgal....the wig looks great!! Such a wonderful grandson!

Peanut....beautiful family!

Kandy...she looks great! Just a few more weeks and you will be holding that beautiful grandbaby!

Julie

• Kandy
    edited June 2016

Gatorgal, I love your hair. It looks awesome. How sweet that you still get to use the condo. There are so many good people in this world.

Caryn, love the grandchildren. Funny that Frankie got herself into that seat.

• shutterbug73
    shutterbug73 Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2016

Loving all the grandbaby and near future grandbaby pictures. :)

Gator - that is the sweetest story, and your grandson's hair looks great on you. What an amazing gesture.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,607
    edited June 2016

Frankie: what a gorgeous little gal! And quite a character squeezing into that bouncy seat with Miles snoozing away beside her. She has a touch of mischievousness in her eyes!

GatorGal, my what beautiful hair you have! Great photos. You are blessed to have such a wonderful, caring grandson.

Peanut, love the whole family picture, it's always so special to have photos like that. Would love to make the trip to Ocean City and welcome any tips you might have on lodging and activities

Kandy, it doesn't look like your daughter is gonna have a stretch mark on her! Yay for the baby bump and it seems like lil man is gonna make his entrance less dramatically now that he's spent more time in his mamma's belly.

Best wishes to all. Love the pictures. Very uplifting.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2016

Kandy, Great picture of the little man and Mom. 30 weeks is awesome! WooHoo! Peanut, What a cute little Steelers fan and a great family photo. I love all the photos! I'm sorry too about the bad news and hope things level out and the new appt. is better. Gator that is a beaut of a wig. You have one great grandson for sure! I can't believe those new owners did that either, Wow! So nice.....Caryn, your grandkids are so darling. I am keeping the hope going for myself!

• GatorGal
    edited June 2016

oh, how I love summer weather. Dh and I went to Chincoteague last night to get our personal items out of the condo. Bittersweet but knowing we get to use it again makes it much easier. We drove down to the ocean when we finished our work and it was so beautiful. Seeing all these beautiful pictures of babies and toddlers brings me so much joy. It will be such fun to see pictures of Kandy's little man! Life is good!

• Bluefrog76
    Bluefrog76 Member Posts: 250
    edited June 2016

GatorGal: I leave for Chincoteague tomorrow for the first time. We live outside Philadelphia but my friend always vacations there and is taking me and my kids as an early 40th birthday present. Will be sure to post pictures!

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2016

Gatorgal, we are contemplating selling our long time home soon and it will be hard. So I can imagine how you are feeling. I hope I can get my head to recognize the excitement of a new chapter and hopefully new adventures. Speaking of Kandy, How are you getting around these days? Hope you've thrown that walker to the curb and getting out in your fabulous garden!

• Kandy
    edited June 2016

Thanks for asking Artistatheart. I am doing okay, not great. I have now graduated to a cane. I can walk without anything some like around the house but I have a terrible limp still. Which gives me a terrible back ache. I am so much better than I was before surgery so I am thankful but still not where I want to be. The surgeon thinks that it will get better but it will be slow to see results. I am able to get out and enjoy our yard. I started swimming in the pool every day which has helped a lot. We all think that I have lost all muscle tone in that leg, hopefully as I get it back, the limp will go away. Surgeon still does not want me to do physical therapy cause I am high risk for hardware failure. So I am happy with results just not thrilled.