Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Life does not end with a stage IV diagnosis (really!)

Comments

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited April 2017

imagecouldn't color Eggs last night cuz of bone mets intractable pain, so dd and dh did the eggs 4 me, and did a fabulous job which bought me some time to rest up so I could share the Easter msg and my testimony this morning at church. We all still can live with joy and hope in the midst of our suffering. Blessings 2 u all.

• rgc77
    rgc77 Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2017

Lita, the eggs are beautiful and I'm sure your testimony was, too.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2017

I found a class this week for cancer patients at the local museum. It was all about exploring art and forgetting about illness for awhile, focusing on something else. We ended up making blown out paper mache eggs which was fun itself. But it was so nice to also do it with a group of people who all know what it likes to have the worry hang over your head like me.....It was so fun and inspiring. I plan on taking the water color class next. Also got my DH, DS and his girlfriend to do a wine and Picasso night where we all did a painting. I was very surprised at how much my DH liked it and wants to go back! So roc, keeping busy is definitely the ticket!

• artistatheart
    edited April 2017

I found a class this week for cancer patients at the local museum. It was all about exploring art and forgetting about illness for awhile, focusing on something else. We ended up making blown out paper mache eggs which was fun itself. But it was so nice to also do it with a group of people who all know what it likes to have the worry hang over your head like me.....It was so fun and inspiring. I plan on taking the water color class next. Also got my DH, DS and his girlfriend to do a wine and Picasso night where we all did a painting. I was very surprised at how much my DH liked it and wants to go back! So rgc, keeping busy is definitely the ticket!

• Stilts
    Stilts Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2017

Lita...hoping your pain is improving...you are certainly an inspiration to many of us !

RGC...enjoyed the pictures you posted especially the Cardinal...gorgeous! Wish I could get one to come up to my window! My favorite sight out our front window is a Cardinal sitting on a snow covered branch

💕 Happy Easter to all

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052
    edited April 2017

imageHope everyone had a lovely Easter! My son made my day! Brought me home these brilliantly colored tulips and my hubby made a nice ham and we had a lovely family dinner. It was a beauty of a day and DH and I took a walk around the pond with our dogs. It was so nice to Be together, all of us. DH,DS,DD,DS in law! All around the table for dinner. I felt blessed looking around at all of my people. The most important wonderful people. Only thing missing was my Step son, who went to Hawaii for his 16th birthday with his mother. He had an amazing time and I couldn't be happier for him. He's a wonderful child. Love him like my own. He sent me my happy place which I have also included. He knows how calming water falls are for me. They make me feel at peace with sounds. Hope everyone had a great day.image

Lita~ love those Easter eggs! Brought me back to when the kids were a little and we would have the big hunt Easter morning. Thanks for the memory! I wish I was able to share your testimonial. You're quite an inspiration!

RGA~ What a lovely thing to experience! Your sons are precious thank you for sharing that special moment in your life!! I can see proud mama beaming In thosepictures. What an accomplishment! My heart swells with happiness !

Stay strong and prayers are always with you ladies ! ~M~

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,607
    edited April 2017

Beautiful photos, rgc, Micmel amd Lita!

A rather interesting turn of events in our family. My son, in his 20s living an hour away and working in Pittsburgh, is making a career change and my stepson will be his boss. SS is almost 40 and lives about 3 hours away in Columbus, Ohio. SS is a senior computer software engineer, ds is joining as an entry level software engineer, and they will each work from their own home for a company in California. It is exactly the career direction ds wants to go, we are so happy for him, and ss has taken ds under his wing. SS is highly successful, even being sought after by companies trying to recruit him to work for them, so I am especially happy that ds will be learning from one of the best.

They are 14 years apart and didn't grow up together, yet have computers and strong work ethic in common. Dh says it seems surreal. And dh doesn't normally use those kinds of descriptive words!

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    edited April 2017

Lita, how I would love to have heard your testimony!

Divine, that is too cool about your son and stepson! Life gives us sweet surprises now and then.

I am up to my ears preparing for my son's high school graduation. Lots of lump-in-the-throat moments with this one, because he's my baby-- empty nest time is coming and I do not like it one bit!! I've been a homeschool mom for almost a quarter century, and this is my last child to graduate. He was only 8 and just starting 3rd grade when I was diagnosed, and I was so afraid that I would not make it to his graduation, but here we are. I am so thankful.

He is finishing his big Eagle Scout project next weekend (repairing a storm-damaged prayer garden at our neighborhood YMCA), and then we are off to baseball nationals for a week (where he will play two or three tournament games per day, and may God bless all my bone mets to survive the bleachers, LOL), and then back home in time for his senior sports banquet... and just a few days later, graduation. So many display tables and fruit platters, y'all.

And grandchild #2 is due the same week! WHEW. May is full of big transitions for our family!

I think I will be taking a lot of naps with the grandbabies in June. :-D

• Lita57
    edited April 2017

Lulubee, bring a thick cushion for those hard bleachers, and if you have one, a hand massager with the round knobs on it. You can get them at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are great to massage sore hips and backs and don't need batteries.😁

• micmel
    edited April 2017

lulubee~ I know how much work getting an Eagle Scout is, my son just completed his projectand he is preparing his book for presentation to the eagle board of review, which is vigorous sometimes. I have sat on one of the evaluations and they don't mess around! You're an amazing woman to be battling this terrible disease and still keeping pace with the demands that scouts alone have! It is so nice to see a Young man complete such a commitment, we need more of that type of young behavior in our world! Always in my prayers ! ~M

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2017

Yes, lulubee, you must be quite proud. I also know all the work involved in getting the Eagle Scout award for both parents and child. Our son was an Eagle Scout and one of our grandsons just became an Eagle Scout.

As Micmel said, you're amazing to be able to do everything while battling this terrible disease we been handed.

God bless you all, Faith

• artistatheart
    edited April 2017

That is fantastic lulubee! Quite an achievement for sure. You must be very proud!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,252
    edited May 2017

I have neglected this thread of late, so my apologies for not supporting all of you. The school year is rapidly drawing to a close and summer plans are shaping up. I've been out of my classroom for 5 days, with one more to go, for a very intense but rewarding training in teaching strategies. Yes, I am an experienced teacher but I believe in honing my craft and growing professionally. After school gets out, 6/9, I think I'll sleep for a week or so and then spend another week doing professional development. I just booked a trip to the NY/NJ area for July to see family. While I'm there, my dear friend and I will take a train trip to Montreal for a few days. As always, the time will fly by and I'll soon be preparing for another school year. Grandkids are now 5 and 1! Hope you are all well and happy. Latest learning passion? Knitting with two needles. Nålbinding was too slow for me. Really enjoying it and though I learned English style, I'm transitioning to Continental as it seems even faster. Here's a hat I made for Miles.

• artistatheart
    edited May 2017

Caryn OMG, how cute is that? Make me want to take up knitting although the last thing I need is another hobby. Plus I don't have a Miles yet.......I get summer vacation at the END of June due to too many snow days. I cannot wait! So many things lined up, O am always over ambitious and it ends in the blink of an eye.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited May 2017

Happy Mother's Day to all !

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

• micmel
    edited May 2017

right back at you !! God bless you're beautiful children and families, breast cancer sisters everywhere. Hugs ~M~

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited May 2017

My daughter, in red, turned 16 today. She was 10 when I was diagnosed. I prayed I would see her bat mitzvah at 13. Now I'm pretty confident that I'll at least see her graduate from high school. I have a hard time looking beyond two years at a time. I definitely appreciate these milestones more than the average healthy person.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you who are mothers.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited May 2017

Great photo. Mazel tov on being able to celebrate these milestones!

• micmel
    edited May 2017

she's beautiful and congrats to your entire family. It is. Such a proud moment. 16 years old!! Wow. You are an. Inspiration. Thank you for sharing ! ~M~

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,607
    edited May 2017

Stef, great photo amd wow oh wow, six years and I love to hear that! My grandson was born while I was going thru chemo and we went to his sixth b'day party yesterday. I am grateful!

• artistatheart
    edited May 2017

Stephajoy, What a cutie pie! I can see the resemblance. Make sure you send us a wedding photo when the time comes! I think we all appreciate everything a lot more than the average healthy person!

• artistatheart
    edited May 2017

Stephajoy, What a cutie pie! I can see the resemblance. Make sure you send us a wedding photo when the time comes! I think we all appreciate everything a lot more than the average healthy person!

My middle daughter just got engaged and of course I feel that sense of urgency for it all to take place! Then I will start fretting about "when is the first grandchild going to come"?.....I think it is all a natural emotion, wanting to experience the next milestone!

• artistatheart
    edited May 2017
    Me and my brood
  • micmel
    edited May 2017

congrats stef. Such a beautiful daughter and I hope you get many many many many more birthdays and whatever plans you have for your future. You're a Beauty and I can see your lovely daughter gets it from her mom. I hope you had a great Mother's Day you clearly deserve itAlways keeping all close in prayer. ~M~

Artist~. Wow good looking group. Thank you for sharing it's always so wonderful to see the actual reason to keep fighting this everyday every second. Those people right next to you!! You're all amazing and I wish you nothing but pain and stress free future! Great pic. Happy Mother's Day to you as well. Gorgeous family ! Hugs ~M~

• micmel
    edited May 2017

congrats stef. Such a beautiful daughter and I hope you get many many many many more birthdays and whatever plans you have for your future. You're a Beauty and I can see your lovely daughter gets it from her mom. I hope you had a great Mother's Day you clearly deserve it always keeping all close in prayer. ~M~

Artist~. Wow good looking group. Thank you for sharing it's always so wonderful to see the actual reason to keep fighting this everyday every second. Those people right next to you!! You're all amazing and I wish you nothing but painless and a stress free future! Great pic. Happy Mother's Day to you as well. Gorgeous family ! Hugs ~M~

Sorry about the double posting my computer was having a moment !

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited May 2017

thank you, artist. And that is a beautiful picture of your family. How exciting that your daughter is engaged. It is a blessing you will be able to see and be a part of that.

Thanks, Micmel, Divine and exbrnxgrl. I hope you all had a great Mother's Day.

Stefanie

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited May 2017

artist - such a nice picture & how exciting about the engagement!

stefajoy - congrats on 6 years!

I've been crossing some new places off my "living" list which has become ever so much more important to me since having progression in December. (petscan last month was a little improved though so whew!) I've been on a 12 day trip to England/Scotland/Netherlands with my parents, and today I got to experience the reason I so wanted to get to Amsterdam - Anne Frank House. It was so moving & I just let myself cry during a video presentation, but I'm so thankful that I got to make this trip!

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited May 2017

Stef, Aubrey is adorable!

And artist, your family photo is absolutely gorgeous! Is that your daughter and her fiance? (You said middle daughter, so just wanting to know who's who.) Both of your girls and you have the most beautiful, healthiest looking hair! Must have something to do with the clean mountain air & water in Tahoe!

• micmel
    edited May 2017

nbnotes~ awesome on getting to tick off one of those items off of your list of living ! I think I like that phrase. Have a blast with your family and more power to you!! Twelve days wow!!! You go girl !! Be safe and enjoy every second. God bless you and your family. Hugs ~M~

• Lita57
    edited May 2017

Nancy, glad you're getting some traveling in.

Artist, you look like one of daughters' sisters. How do you stay so young looking? I swear, cancer has aged me about 10 years already.