Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Looking for Her2 Positive survivor stories

Comments

• Jen122
    Jen122 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017

I was initially diagnosed with Stage 2 Er-/Pr-/Her2+ Breast cancer in November 2014. A year later I was given a cured diagnosis. In May of 2014 I went in for chest pain and was told that i had Stage 4 Metastatic Er-/Pr-/Her2+ Breast cancer to my sternum. Underwent Chemo and Radiation and a diagnosis of Stable NED. I currently undergo Herceptin and Perjeta infusions every three weeks and will for as long as I continue to stay NED. Its hard not to worry about the future but so far (Knock on wood) Ive been clear for two years. Praying every day for many many more!

• moodyblues
    moodyblues Member Posts: 393
    edited October 2017

Jen, praying for many more years of NED for you!

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 576
    edited October 2017

Jen- Praying with you for many NED years in your future. Enjoy each day.

moodyblues- I am with you, I come here to read and get so much encouragement from these posts. Thank-you for all of you that take the time to post.

• RachBC
    RachBC Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017

Jen, what have been your SE with just Herceptin and prejeta. I am almost done with chemo and will continue on the 2 for 1 a year.

• PMR53
    PMR53 Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2017

Good Morning Ladies! I just wanted to check in as it has been awhile ! I was diagnosed about 3 years ago with Triple Positive Stage 2 BC on right side. I had only 4 rounds of TCHP ( 4 due to neuropathy) 1 year of Herceptin. Besides the lymphedema under my arm I am doing fairly well! No sign of reoccurrence. Please let know If anyone has questions. Private message me too!

Love and hugs!

PMR5

• moodyblues
    edited October 2017

PMR53. Thanks for posting, I am glad that you are doing well!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,245
    edited October 2017

Hello all - just passed the 7th anniversary of diagnosis - I had BMX, ALND, 6 TCH, remainder of the year of Herceptin. I am on a short break from letrozole (year 6), to attempt to determine my levels of hormones without it to see if I should continue. If there is an indication that they are unacceptably high, I will resume without hesitation. Hang in there everyone

• Kattis894
    Kattis894 Member Posts: 150
    edited October 2017

PMR53 Happy to read your post considering you had a large tumor as I had and still doing ok. That gives me a lot of hope!

• Kattis894
    Kattis894 Member Posts: 150
    edited October 2017

Special K, You are an inspiration for us all. Know that!

• moodyblues
    edited October 2017

Specialk   Happy 7th anniversary !  

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,245
    edited October 2017

kattis and moody - thanks! Interestingly, I didn't even pay attention to the date - I realized about a week later that I had passed it and failed to notice. I interpret my lack of focus on the date as a good indicator of moving on, but it is important to acknowledge the passage of time nonetheless!

• CassieCat
    CassieCat Member Posts: 863
    edited October 2017

Popping in to check on my chemo group and thought I'd post here too. I'm 3+ years into my recovery now and still showing no signs of cancer. :)

• mistyeyes
    edited October 2017

Congratulations CassieCat! Thank-you for posting. I feel so much better after reading posts like these. It gives me hope :)

• moodyblues
    edited October 2017

CassieCat, Congratulations on 3+ years.  Wishing you a lifetime of NED!

• CassieCat
    CassieCat Member Posts: 863
    edited October 2017

Thank you! I'm grateful every day. :)

• jam826
    jam826 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2017

I just want to thank all of you who post stories of encouragement. I've been so frightened being a her2+ gal, like everyone else I want a long disease free life. I'm still in treatment for stage 1 and trying hard to stay positive that I will be okay and all these stories give me hope and calm me down. Thank you everyone.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,460
    edited November 2017

Dear jam826,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are glad that you reached out and we hope that you will stay connected and keep us posted on how things go for you. We look forward to seeing you around the community. The Mods

• Reka
    Reka Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2017

Hello, I just my last hercepton to. Do you have to take a pill? I was told since I was ER-, PR- and HER2 + I don't have to take anything else.

• jam826
    jam826 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2017

Hi Reka, If your question is for me, I will have to take a pill but I'm still going through chemo right now. I'll be taking an estrogen blocker after I finish my chemo and year of Herceptin.

• moodyblues
    edited November 2017

Reka, Are you talking about estrogen blockers? You mentioned that you are ER and PR negative, I don't think you will have to. Jam 826 and I are triple positive. Talk to your oncologist, they will let you know.

Melanie

• Sammy3
    Sammy3 Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2017

Hi Reka - You can talk to your Oncologist about taking Nerlynx. This is a drug that you take in pill format after your year of Herceptin. It is fairly new, and the purpose of it is Her2+ risk reduction. You would take this for a year. Its possible that they didn't tell you about this since it wasn't really standard of care at the time. I finished Herceptin almost a year ago, and I am about six weeks in to Nerlynx. There is also a Nerlynx discussion topic on this site - just search "Nerlynx".

• Sammy3
    Sammy3 Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2017

Not sure if I am linking this correctly, but this is the Nerlynx discussion for you Reka

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/80/topics...

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,460
    edited November 2017

Hi All,

In case you fit this, would you mind taking a few minutes to complete? For those with early-stage (I-IIIC) HER2+ breast cancer. Please consider taking this 5-10-minute survey to help us understand your feelings about risk of recurrence. https://outins.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dnHqm55c5qWzRlz

Thank you!

• Michelle14
    Michelle14 Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2017

Hi Ladies!

I am almost 4 years out from stage 1, grade 3, Her 2 positive, ER,PR negative breast cancer. I did 12 weekly treatments of Taxol and Herceotin, followed by 35 daily radiation treatments and herceptin every 3 weeks for a year. Still NED!!!

I haven’t been in n here in a long time because I have just been living life and not that bling ability cancer...but feel the need to stop in once in a while and pay forward all the support I received here during treatment.

To all of you ladies going through treatment now... I wish you the best!!! Hang in there... there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Wishing you all good health and happiness!

Michelle

• mistyeyes
    edited November 2017

Michelle14 - Glad you stopped in and thank-you so much for sharing. It fills me with so much hope.

• Pipandor
    Pipandor Member Posts: 130
    edited November 2017

Thanks so much Michelle for posting. My diagnosis and treatment were the same as yours and it gives me such hope.

• moodyblues
    edited November 2017

Michelle14, Thank you for the encouragement, great news!

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 182
    edited December 2017

12.5 years out from a sucky stage IIIC Her2 pos. BC and blessedly Well. Livin life large with much gratitude, love, a bit of wine and daily belly laughs.

Wishing all dear ones a gentle road. So much hope out there for Her2 gals

• mistyeyes
    edited December 2017

Thank you so much Ikc for taking the time to share with us!  I loved your post, it made me smile.  

• Pipandor
    Pipandor Member Posts: 130
    edited December 2017

Thank you for popping by lkc and many happy returns!