Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

"Hail Mary" miracles

Comments

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited January 2015

Raro - just checking in to let you know I'm still waiting with you - think the Patient Advocate is a darned good idea - I've had interactions with them before in different hospitals and different countries and they certainly get action - want you to be comfortable and able to breathe - sending hugs, S.

• diana50
    diana50 Member Posts: 253
    edited January 2015

I believe in miracles and Hail Mary's. I am with you as well all of us are by your side. Each second counts. Holding your hand.

• ninetwelve
    ninetwelve Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2015

raro, I haven't been here very long but your posts have helped me. Sending prayers out to you.

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited January 2015

Raro, miracles happen all the time. I've sent you a pm.

• GemStateGirl
    GemStateGirl Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2015

Raro--I also love SophieJean's meditation image and am adding mine to all the good thoughts and caring being sent your way. I hope you get that Hail Mary miracle with all my heart.

• Catesmom
    Catesmom Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015

Raro, I agree with the patient advocate. There are many meds that can help with air hunger- including small doses of morphine-though I'm not sure they use that anymore. When I worked in ICU we used it a lot for comfort. I hope and pray they find something that helps. Struggling to breathe is probably one of the hardest things to bear. Kelly

• screech
    screech Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2015

the Hail Mary is a beautiful prayer. I'll say it many times for you today.

• Tina72
    Tina72 Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2015

I am so sorry you are in the hospital, like you I hate it there. I was in back in April, my family just got back from Disneyland and I got very sick. My tumor markers jumped to 4200 I was barfing and had a fever. My doctor was trying a different med per week trying to find anything to help. I was told that if thinks did not get under control I had about 3 months. I was going down hill fast. I started xeloda and gemzar and things started turning around. My tumor markers are now at 900 and the very large tumors in my abdomen in my belly you can no longer feel. I really did not know if I would be here this Christmas. But like you we need to hope. I have already decided the next time I am in the hospital I want to bring crayons and have everyone make me a colorful picture to make me smile and feel the love that some people have a hard time expressing. Life is hard, cancer is harder, smile when you can and cry when you to. Love ya Tina

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    edited January 2015

hey Raro. Hoping your breathing is better. I would think that would be the first priority for the his hospital. I agree with patient advocate getting involved. Now that gets nurses and Drs in the ball. Hospitals alone can be very lonely. Reach out anytime surely someone will be around very soon to encourage. Keep hope alive.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited January 2015

Raro... I hope your breathing has improved. We all love you and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I spent a month in the hospital at diagnosis, and honestly didn't think I'd make it out of there, but I did! I hope that you're home again soon, and feeling better.

Rose.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited January 2015

raro - please add my thought and prayers to those of all the others. Hoping that your breathing can be brought under control and you can begin to feel better. Sending warm hugs and smiles.

• Annie62
    Annie62 Member Posts: 92
    edited January 2015

Raro-I'm so so sorry to hear you are in the hospital and having trouble breathing. I am praying for relief and fast improvement for you. Annie

• JeninMichigan
    JeninMichigan Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2015

Raro

I am real sorry you are struggling. Like all the others, you should insist on the best care possible. You should also be given whatever it takes so you are not struggling. Call in a patient advocate. Don't use energy fighting the breathing and pain. Oxygen, Ativan, Xanax or whatever it takes needs to happen. Regarding the Hail Mary I totally believe it happens. If you want to keep trying you should go for it. NO ONE knows your expiration. I will say a bunch of Hail Marys for you tonight. I absolutely believe in miracles.

Jen

• Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    edited January 2015

Hail Mary full of grace,

yes I do believe and I do know of people who have come so close only to rally and surprise everyone! You my friend have a strong constitution. I can tell by your writing, by your wit, by your common sense...if anyone can rally, why not you! with the help of navelbine....(remember someone called it navy bean).

I don't think I ever shared, but when I failed tdm1 on clinical trial I thought I was a goner. I failed herceptin, tdm1, the oncologist in charge of the trial was not very optimistic. That was over 4 year ago.

Next nurse you see ask them, have you all written me off? I remember a nurse treating me not very well, and turned around eventually. I think the doctor talked to her. I think her name was Marge. My friend and I called her Mad Marge. Like the PeeWee Herman movie. Large Marge who was really a ghost. I know nurses are overworked, but some need a poke of compassion.

Difficulty breathing is so scary, ask for that ativan for sure. Make a list of those things you are going to do when you get home, and those things you are going to say 'forgetaboutit'. Give yourself a little goal for when you get home. Because you will be going home my friend.

Tonight I will pray for your hail Mary (with many other here I am sure). For strength and peace and that this is just another bump.

I wish we were closer to come sit with you and watch something funny. Big Bang Theory reruns are always good to take my mind off things.

• Ohmydarlin
    Ohmydarlin Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2015

love and hugs!!!

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2015

Raro,

I'm joining the others in your room with my love and prayers. You are so important to all of us here! I hope your breathing has gotten easier, that your family has been with you as much as possible and that the hospital staff is treating you better! I'm saying lots of prayers and sending lots of light your way, hoping that the Navelbine will be your Hail Mary miracle drug!

Lots of love and hugs, Amy

• Anne45
    Anne45 Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2015

Sending lots of love and hugs to you Raro.  I am praying for you tonight.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Raro

Yes I believe in miracles. My two children are proof. You sent doll clothes for my baby girl.

I'm not sure which is scarier. Not being able to breathe or being alone. Everything is worse in the clinical atmosphere of a hospital. Just know we are all here, rooting for you. Don't give up and don't let them give up.

• bluemnm
    bluemnm Member Posts: 869
    edited January 2015

Raro,

Lots of love and prayers for you! Hugs

Sarah

• AnnieIam
    AnnieIam Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2015

Oh Raro, I'm thinking of you and praying that you will be well soon. Like Shutterbug, I was also just reading some of your older posts and drawing strength from them. You've come so far, don't give up hope.

lots of huggs

• lilylady
    lilylady Member Posts: 478
    edited January 2015

Sending all kinds of positive thoughts and prayers your way. I too believe in miracles and I also believe things can still turn around for you. Too true about hospitals being short staffed and people who don't have a loud aggressive advocate take a back seat. Tell your daughter you need her help-maybe she doesn't know how scared you are right now.

• smiley47
    smiley47 Member Posts: 91
    edited January 2015

Hi Raro:

Hugs and warm thoughts for you, hope they get a calm balance and make you comfortable. You have given so much to the ladies on this site and I hope you will continue to give advice and inspiration to us

• Teen22
    Teen22 Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2015

Hail Mary, full of grace.

Our Lord is with you.

Blessed are you among women,

and blessed is the fruit of your womb,

Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,

pray for us sinners,

now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

---------------------

Raro, we pray the Rosary each night. Tonight's intention and the succeeding nights will be for you. BELIEVE and trust on Her miraculous intercession. Our Lord Jesus listens to His mother's request..all the time. Hugs....

• aoibheann
    aoibheann Member Posts: 254
    edited January 2015

Dear Raro, I am so sorry you had to suffer like this. I hope you're feeling comfortable this evening. Thinking of you and holding you tight. Hugs xx

• kebab
    kebab Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2015

I hope things are a bit easier for you tonight. I'm adding my love and Hail Mary prayers to those already being offered up for you. Hang in there. I just feel in my bones that it's not your time yet.

• hansaim
    hansaim Member Posts: 68
    edited January 2015

raro, sending hugs and prayers.

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited January 2015

Joining you, Raro, hoping for that Hail Mary treatment

• ibcmets
    ibcmets Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2015

Raro,

Adding my Hail Mary prayers for you. Will pray for you tonight. I pray that God will hear all our prayers to bring you healing.

Hugs,

Terri

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022
    edited January 2015

Raro. I am so sorry.

I think Valerie Harper is a hail Mary. Brain Mets and doing well.

Another BC mets woman I know of was at death's door and one last treatment put her at NED.

A nurse told me once, if care is not good, ask for nurse supervisor

Heart is with you

• Teakie88
    Teakie88 Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2015

Raro: I believe with all my heart and soul that miracles occur every minute of every day for someone who needs them. Trust in God that he will work to help you get through this, that this is another bump in the road, but that your road will eventually be smoother. My prayers, along with those who have posted here as well, are with you now. How can you not get better when so many are pulling for you!!!?